All Comments on 'White Lies Ch. 02'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 144 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You should have stopped with just the first story, this one had the MC turn from a man into a wimp cuck, Carla is a lying self-entitled narcissist not worth shedding any tears over either bury her or divorce the evil lying whore.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The subtle is: “Love does not just turn off.”

Of course it does!!! Love is a choice, and an action. Humans are not animals to be ruled by instinct. We are reasoning beings, and can choose our emotions and reactions.

If love is uncontrollable, then it is meaningless. If our love for others is not an active choice, then it has no value!

ZK

inka2222inka222211 months ago

What an awful story. Other comments already explained why, even if in somewhat crude way. What is it with man-hating LW authors?

parenthesisparenthesis11 months ago

I really wish the Anonymous commentators would come up with something original for a change...

Thanks. Brilliant effort of writing something you had not intended putting to paper.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60almost 2 years ago

Play Stupid Games, win Stupid Prizes!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

I didn't think the first chapter needed a sequel, but this was very good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well, just another weak, needy cuck of an LW husband character. Paternity fraud, denying him a chance to have his own children, cheating, lying, etc. Pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pu**y wimpy cuck story. He fks your woman, breeds her with his child, kicks your azz, wife has been banging him for years and typical wimpy cuck back with slut wife. Terrible story.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

What a wuss. The bitch cheated and lied for decades and he takes her back. What a fucked up story.

Scores a well earned 1/5. Deservedly so being such a shit story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

fucking wimp..... weak asshole.....just eat shit all the time

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. This just stepped off the cliff. Too bad I can't unread this.

JAFCriticJAFCriticalmost 3 years ago

I think it’s extremely difficult to write reconciliation stories. So many people who have been through similar events seem to project their own emotional damage that they replace the protagonist with themselves. I guess, in a way, that can be a sign of good writing. However, if that reader has not found resolution of their own past traumas, they cannot understand the character’s rationale for reconciliation. Well, that’s my opinion anyway, based on so many comments on so many stories. I think the author did have Walker make peace with his demons. Maybe it could have been explained in dialogue or narrated for better clarity to some readers, but I felt he made his point. You can see in Walker’s thoughts that he is letting go of the anger and instead of reacting, he is making conscious choices for dealing with the situation moving forward and not fighting with what is.

Anyway, I thank you for your story and sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

How?

She cheats, gave her husband bastard child, deny the husband any children of his own, continue to cheat and lie... Where did you pull out the reconcilliation?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Walker is probably the biggest pussy wimp in the known universe. Sickening that any guy could be so pathetically weak and spineless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So I wanted to read

How Johnathan became Bubbas bitch in prison

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Jesus Fucking Christ, could you have made Walker into any BIGGER OF A PUSSY???

Are you just projecting your personality onto him?

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Something flipped wrong.

The inflection of this well written story on page 3 of 3 has turned me off to the idea any reconcilation. I don't know if it was intentionally done by the author or not.

5 stars for writing a story that generates enough interest to the average reader to finish this classic little LW's tale of woe to it's final conclusion . *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hell no

Even if by some miracle I did hang around the bitch that long no way would Have even visited her in the hospital let alone drive us all back "home" like nothing ever happened. I know it is cold but I would even go as far as tell her that I owe a thank you to Johnny for doing to her what I wanted to do but didn't out of fear of going to Jail.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 4 years ago
way too much

contradiction in this story. too much back peddling. ppl know what they have read back peddling just makes it look like ur saying ur readers are too dumb to know what they already read. well at least to me. didnt really like walker he is so dumb. ppl that dumb are a waste of resources. hard to feel anything for someone that dumb and quite a bit too wimpy for me

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thanks...

...for continuing this story. Very well written. Here's 5 more stars. On to chapter 3...thanx!

Loklie

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
And

yeah, probably should have finished it at one chapter.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
LOL

Anon 11/29

You may have a point. Last three sentences fucked it all up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I'm thinking he wrote this as an FU to everyone who complained he left the story unfinished after the first chapter. LOL

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Late Thought

"I thought maybe if I asked you, you would let me " - This makes no sense! This was after Jonathon threatened to tell him, so telling him herself removes that threat, so why would she be asking him?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Just plain ridiculous

Even when she is admitting to Walker about Johnathan she lies. Just one time my but. 20 years of lies. How in the world can he believe a single word she says from now on? Everything he believed was a lie. The whole relationship was a lie. The person he lives does not exist. It is just a mask of lies covering up the real Carla.

And you can bet that she did not only do it one time in the recent past. He saw her kiss him even after she supposedly ended it.

And he wants to go back to that?

You people who think that they should be back together are living in LaLa land. You probably think that people do not need to be held accountable for their actions. Many of us live in the world of facts and reality. The fact is that if she loved Walker she would have NEVER have slept with Dr. dbag after she committed to Walker. Period. End of sentence.

How can he ever trust her again? Just because you love someone does not mean you should be married to them. It takes trust and she has shown she never deserves to be trusted. Over 20 years of lies for goodness sakes and she can't even come clean when trying to fess up. Good grief.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
no fucking way

lies for 20 years deprives him of his children, nope divorce the slut .. sorry magma a lot of your stuff is ok but this one 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Limp dick husband

He takes back his lying cheating slut wife of 20 years? B.S. And his daughter has to save his wimp ass. This story confirms that the biggest pussy wimps in Lit are LW authors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Carla is nasty

And not a good nasty.

Authors, please stop using the words 'had' and 'that'. Just take them out. Any editor worth a nickel will tell you that, along with any 'ly' words and anything with an 'ing'.

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

This was the only way she could get Walker and Sara - sympathy/pity. She was a chronic CHEATER for years at the Conventions and does not deserve this reprieve!

For this reason the story is failing, compelling, but failed unless Part3 deals some justice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

He should have not taken her back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

great read, just say fuck you annony!!

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
NOT TO GO HOME

its just leave the hospital. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Again, like your writing.

This story is compelling and terrible.

I gave it 3 and the first part 4.

I despise Carla. She is truly a cunt!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Trying to keep my lunch down

1* only because 0 is not an option.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 8 years ago
I WAS Going To Give It 4 Stars

Until the end.

He "loves" Carla.

He's going "home".

This is the selfish cunt that LIED to him their entire marriage, cheated on him, tried to turn him into a knowing cuckold, and almost got him killed!

It would have served her right if "Johnny" DID kill her!

If Sara wants to go back to her,fine, she IS her mother, but I wouldn't go back to her for anything. I'd go back to Sherry first!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Her Reason for Using Birth Control?

For a nurse, her reason for not having any more babies is stupid. She knows the each of his sperm have different genes so the kids may not look similar. I have one red head, one brunette and one blonde child. And yes they are mine based on DNA!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

The circumstances of her cheating seem a bit convoluted. Once he returned, he forced her to have sex with him, right? It is clear this guy had some power over her and that she didn't want to be with him. She even resisted giving in to him after the initial lapse in his return. She was trying. Yes, the idea of allowing her to date was cockamamie, but I think she was just posing that as a reaction to his blackmail.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
WTF

I can't believe I've changed so much since my last comment. Cheating cunt wife didn't deserve the beating but she does deserve being alone, divorced by her husband and abandoned by the daughter.

Damn

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
This is Mental Illness

"No matter what, in the end he loved Carla. In the end, he loved his daughter." - His love for them should not come at harm to himself. She was nothing BUT destructive of him. It is time for him to move on and take care of himself. Let Sara help her cheating mother IF she chooses to do so. Bad judgement.

Tim413413Tim413413over 8 years ago
Still going strong.

Additional tags suggestion: coma, taser, doctor, nurse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
this super cuck was a fucking idiot

magmaman my ass more sagmadumbassman. Losing a fan.

patilliepatilliealmost 9 years ago
Cant believe I missed commentingon this story.

havent read Chapt 3 yet, but I will in a bit. But the first two chapters were marvelous! Now do I like that he is keeping Carla healthy, no not really, she made her bed and should have to lie in it IMHO.

The killer for me is the 20 yrs of conventions, and the birth control pills, denying him a bio child of his own. Sure he has the wonderful Sarah, but it is almost like Carla preserved that birth child for all time as the one and only to this man who contributed to her misery.

So sorry to hear you have been in a wheelchair so long-didnt know that about you. Do love your work in general, love the stories about Maine (that I thought were true, about your and Susan's life together.).

Re Zed0, I didnt think his comments were all that bad, you just took them to heart-which I get, the time and effort it takes to write these clever tales makes them your birth child. And he was criticizing one of your kids and it's parentage. But honestly, take it for what it is worth, which isnt much, none of our invididual comments mean that much in the scheme of things.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Well done!

My only real complaint = the author spent way too much time rehashing the first chapter.

Tags: Should have, at a minimum, included cheating wife.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 9 years ago
Interesting story and comments

I respect MGM as a writer. In this story, no way I could have stayed with the wife - too much deceit. Husband would have been better off with the hooker. As far as the comments, I agree with Ohio's. To MGM, arguing or explaining with a commentor is a waste of your time and ability...

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE WHITE LIES ARE LIKE BLOOD DIAMONDS

pretty to look at, but dangerous to keep hidden. TK U MLJ LV NV

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
This is my second read of this story, there will NOT be a third.

Yes, I know that it is just a story. It is not the magmaman I have enjoyed reading. He has his reasons and I am not an author so I will not criticize as strongly as I did a year or so ago. Love and forgiveness are not the same, you cannot forgive even if you still love the one who injured you. Guilt should not be a reason to continue with the wife that did you wrong, only if she had a terminal illness would I have lived with her at the end. Oh, well. I hope the next magmaman story I read will be back to his usual style, I am pretty sure it will be. At 77 years of age I read a lot and I appreciate the good stories of his that I have read in the past.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 9 years ago
Interesting

Lots of re-hashing of Ch 1.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ONE CAN NEVER GO HOME

you might return to a house divided. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Not excellent, but I'll read the next one.

The author might have been correct when he said he thought the first chapter was a complete story. He spent too much of Ch. 2 rehashing the original. Just refer the readers to read it first. What, besides Sara's wedding, can happen in the last chapter? I hope Carla spends an appropriate amount of time with Helen.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Ditto Sugna!

Sugna said it all. I agree, I agree, I agree. If this girl loves him, I would hate to see her hate. I have a bad feeling that he's going to take her back because she really, really loves him. If he does take her back, he should loose his membership in the Man Club.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Wha?

She lied to him, she got him to marry her and raise another man's kid, she denied him his own children, she continued to fuck her boyfriend, she tried to get him to accept it, then her boyfriend beat the piss out of him. With a wife like that who needs enemies? This is a crazy story with a crazy ending. She never loved him, she loved using him. He loved a fantasy, not a person. When he found out about her, the fantasy was over. Move the fuck on! Who gives a shit if she got beat up? Fuck her! Fuck this camouflaged cuckold story too!

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
Even his tiny 20 something daughter

Has bigger balls than him. The fact that there was a chapter 2 was enough to tell you he would be a pussy and finally beg to suck Johnny's cum out of the slut whore. Maggy wrote at the start that he tried to write what would really happen. On what fucking planet? Wishful thinking doesn't make reality. Having a martyr complex doesn't make for good writing. Not even God is THAT forgiving, only people with mental disorders do that. You talk about reality. In reality, the story would have ended the instant she asked permission to fuck around. Even that isn't realistic, because not even a mental patient would ask something like that to begin with. You're fond of saying in other stories that 'This is true, even the fantasy'. Did you ever read that statement after you write it. Do you know the meaning of fantasy? It's like saying even lies are true.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Second time through

Very exciting.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiabout 10 years ago
language please

People, really, such hatred and foul language, it is only a story, you might not like what is written but at least admire the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Worthless faggot wimp husband and a Cunt wife

Who thinks little of her sissy husband. Just like the Cunt writer of this piece of shit story loves. Only the faggots and Cunts will love this crap.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 10 years ago
Are we all warm and fuzzy now? NO!!!

From the premise to the bitter end this was all fucked up. Just the thought that your life time partner could do this to you. And then still want you; is beyond me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Why?

Why would Popeye and Bluto both want to fuck Olive Oil?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

Five stars. I could see reconciliation for the pregnancy, the proposition, even the kiss. However, the affairs over the years . . . These were revealed so close to the end and were not fully dealt with. That's serious, and it needed serious reflection. Together with the pregnancy and her never telling him means I would not take her back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Author did a fair job on this effort - but Walker's life would have been better if the whore had just died.

Stupid cheating cunt deserves her pain & scars. It is probably a good thing this moronic couple did not have any kids together cuz the IQ level of this pair is less than the average female shoe size number. Gawd, hope the red-head kids turns out okay!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wife was a long time cheater,no reconciliation should be possible.

The killer is the birth control pills. The lies and the conventions. To. Many issues that really can never be resolved. And a word to cantbuyme ,get a life.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago

I liked the story. I think that it was pretty good. Most of the commenters didn't like the reconciliation, but I did. If any of the people who read this story thinks that she will ever cheat again after all of this, then you are dumber than I thought. She could not have paid a bigger price for her infidelity. She learned her lesson. Throwing her to the wolves just for the sake of doing it is not the answer.

I am one for forgiveness. You don't forgive a person because they deserve it, you forgive a person because it releases you. As long as you hold on to that unforgiveness, you will always be holding on to the pain that the person put you through. When you forgive them and release that pain, you give yourselves a chance to move on. Being unforgiving does not make you a strong person. In fact, it makes you weak. If you are still holding on to that anger, then that person still has the power to ruin your day. Some of you who comment on these stories know what I am talking about, because you guys are clearly holding on to the person who did you in. If you are having a good day, then you look across the street and see that person hugged up with someone else and clearly in love, what goes through your mind? If the sight of this makes you sick, then you are still holding on to that person. You are over it when you can look your ex in the eyes and say, "I wish you the best" and mean it. That person no longer has the power to ruin your day by just the sound of their name. If you need that person to suffer so you can feel good, then you need to forgive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Walkers World

Damn..I had no idea that he was the forth unofficial member of the famous three blind fucking mice! well.. maybe his name said it all but it's obvious he was no match for anyone. not Johnny boy nor the bitch wife. even the daughter. poor wimp. he had no idea his dick got stuck in the trap all his life. no wonder he's still envious of the famous three. no worries man! he's scrapping along for royalties. nice one mags!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
cantbuyabrain

cantbuy is a jelly little bitch (literally - dude lost important body parts) and since he can't write for shit (zero red H in this category) tries to piss on authors with awards.

Well, if you can call leaking into a diaper "pissing"....

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
Wow! Nicely told involving complex story.

It's easy to judge the characters especially Carla and Johnathan. No man can predict their behavior given the circumstances dealt Walker. The author had the options to show incredible violence and revenge on the part of Walker, which was JUSTIFIED. Carla was a despicable character and she could've been more harshly dealt with by Walker. Sara was a victim to all character's abhorrent behavior. The story was thought provoking and quite interesting with many judgments hanging in mid air throughout. Thank you!

Danger09Danger09almost 11 years ago
Bitch brought it on herself

She's been having an affair for years-- possibly 20; she's been lying & deceiving him for 20 years , she passed another mans child as his own and all she can say is "I'm sorry honey" "I really do love you though "?! WTF?! The fact that she was able to deceive him for 20 years should be a reason to dump the slut, for 20 years she sat there & told him lies, he's wasted half his Life with this self centered cum slut! She deliberately robbed him of the chance to procreate, her reasoning?! She was afraid the children would come out looking different! Bitch is selfish! All she ever gave a fuck about was not getting caught. She didn't care that she wasp depriving him of having His own children, she didn't care she was depriving him of a loyal trustworthy Loving wife--- all that mattered was her & fuck how he feels. I don't care how much love the husband may still have, the love isn't real at least not on her part, he fell in love with a mirage, the relationship wasn't real.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

piece of garbage god damn fucking cunt whore for 20 years, denying him children and cuckie still is licking the bull's cum from her cunt - in a manner of speaking.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 11 years ago
I also that after 20 years of lying and meeting this asshole for a long time...

She should have never been forgiven, she continued to lie even after admitting some of it then wilted when he asked about the trips. I'm glad she got the crap beaten out of her and I am glad she will carry the scars. Yes, I know that it is just a story but I don't like to see a man treated that way and still go back for more. His happiness would have been if he started up with Sara, she was no kin of his, after all. The man gets fucked 60%-70 % of the time, no matter what.

monkcalmmonkcalmabout 11 years ago
To magmaman

I read your comment and gental does not mean doormat, compassion and romantic dont mean stupid or naive.Your character had no center, this far and no further this type of character gives Jews to Nazis and avoids trouble lets them burn crosses on lawns without helping, is that what your saying when people suggest.. the character you had written, not us, would not just go back to that slut! If telling a whore to go fuck her self after the shit you wrote doesn't make one as gentle as you then thank god! The female character is poison a leper to the soul a unclean spirit, so say a lot of your readers, and to the comment about people staying with a cheater, well its mostly because they either dont know or the are to week not gentile to stand up and say no! and have you seen the world really the weak not meek are corrupting it as families,religion,morals, are crumbling why do they cheat because they can and do get away with it and no one puts there nose in the shit and publicly says no! this is wrong look at USA laws adultery is no longer a enforceable offense? I think you write well but you just dont put your self into the characters mind sometimes as well as you should to make the whole story realistic.

monkcalmmonkcalmabout 11 years ago
chick flick

not a good story, well told, but in no way believable to passive like two old women have a polite discussion not fun to read about, yawn, no body but the beater was a fun character at least he was emotionally believable in this tale, not one bit or real passion from the male character gave it a one, well written but so are text books.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Oh Well

I think there should have been a divorce. Too much lying and too much betrayal. The whore also denied him a chance at his own offspring. But it ended with them together. Story complete. So what is ch. 3 about? We'll see...

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 ANOTHER PHYSICAL BEATING

does not pay for the 20 year lies. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
I'll say great story -

But I will also say from the personal perspective he is choosing his happiness over logic - and thought - not always the good or right choice but his - not mine -

Well written and with another chapter we will see how far the insainty goes

'

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

she cheated no way i would take her back and any man that takes a cheating wife back justifies her doing it again. IDIOTS

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
A 20+ YEAR LIE COMPOUNDED

and no matter what....a move back is not the answer. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Harry's screaming outrage aside... he does have a poinbt

MGM..

I am not fan of that asshole BUT here Harry does have valid point. In chapter 1... which originally you said was a complete story... you have the husband planning murder of the wife and possibly her lover.

In this chapter you use the age old ploy "wife is hurt" technique to bring them back together again.

Its way too soon and way too short.

Readers are NOT upset by the Reconciliation per se... but by the total reversal of the story plot.

adgeonadgeonalmost 13 years ago
I'm being duped

Oh well, I guess Walker likes being shitted on, what more can I say?

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
once again wimp central

please, he gets his ass kicked, his daughter isn't his and the slut gets fuck up and it time to go home, I'll bet some of you think this is some great love affair. It's just another moron in love with a slut, and doesn't know when to pack it up and leave.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
NOT BAD LAVAMAN!

I liked the first story but this second one was magnifisent. Both stories ring with some serious creativity. You are certainly a very good writer, my compliments to you. R.T.

LakesLakesover 13 years ago
I liked this story including chapter 2

This is a well written slice of life as one author sees it. The fact that some people can't stand certain aspects of life to be written about is simply their problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Man I was cheering him on...and then she got hurt and he folded like a two dollar lawn chair! He asked her for the truth and she LIED straight to his face. Only when he brought up the conferenced did she finally admit just how long it had been going on. He may love her but obviously can't say the same for her.

demantoiddemantoidover 13 years ago
Your first instincts were correct

You gave me great joy reading your first story. What a thrill! I desperately hope you continue to write. You have great talent. Thank you for the pleasure your words and your delicious imagination gave me. Seismic matters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Please leave HER, Zed0 alone.

please leave my Zed0 alove, SHE is just sad that SHE cheated on HER hubby, I forgot to add fourth hubby. The problem is SHE just can't keep HER legs closed. SHE gets sad and crazy if any cheating wife get away without any revenge. SHE feels all cheating wives should be punished, yet SHE cheats again. SHE has some mental disorder, I request writers and readers of literotica to forgive and forget what SHE says. SHE is just an ill person, and please leave HER alone.

Thank you.

cw159cw159over 13 years ago
Thank you zed0 for proving my point.

Game, set and match!

magmamanmagmamanover 13 years agoAuthor
zed0 deleted

I deleted this person's insane rant twice, since the embarrassment appears to be to him, not I.

My opinion, for the dab that is worth.

But he just keeps posting it again.

So. I leave it for here forever, and repeat my earlier comment.

At 68 years old, 37 long years of that trapped in this chair?

I am far more man than he.

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What an idiot you are Zedo,

This is a story that if you don't like it DON"T READ IT.

Thanks to all the writers who entertain us on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Story

Well written, she brought evil into their lives but they overcame it, if he stays it's because he wants to, thats the way it should be. Thanks.

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
MGM...

...you warned us that some people would hate it, but I didn't. The conclusion was nicely done and ALL was for the love of his daughter. The wife will probably never be trusted again but he still loves her. This is not an ideal ending for the TTB people but it caught my honest emotions and I thought it reasonable, if not ideal. Overall, an honest account of betrayal and forgiveness - also overwhelming love for a treasured daughter, who demonstrated her love for her non-biological but 'real' father in the best way.

I always like the emotions you capture with your pretty much down to earth tales.

As ever, a fan.

Thanks

Orionman17Orionman17over 13 years ago
I gave the story 4 Stars but I have mixed feelings. . .

as I have been in Walker's shoes. At least I knew that my daughter who I helped raise was from my wife's previous marriage. I would probably never understand a Carla. But I do understand Walker's love for his wife and daughter. The way you wrote Walker's character and personality, he & Carla would have gotten back together. Sara was and is Walker's true good fortune. All I could do is wish Walker good luck dealing with Carla and his own feeling which will nag him forever. The story reads like 3 Stars, but becuase it made me think of my own experiences, I gave it 4.

ohioohioover 13 years ago
stories and readers

First: Thanks to Magmaman for many fine stories. Personally I felt that this one suffered from the inconsistency of the husband--perhaps this was inevitable as the second part was not originally conceived as part of the story. Nonetheless, it was an absorbing and emotional story and I enjoyed it.

Second: The readers out there who don't post stories themselves tend to be the harshest--without the sense to hold back on the personal attacks and simply evaluate the written work. Some of them in particular seem to judge a story solely by whether the husband kills the wife or her lover, kicks her out, or reconciles with her. Nothing else matters: writing, interesting plotting, emotional power--it's all about the ending.

So I hope that you as an author can simply put them in your rear view mirror--forget 'em. Or, better, do what the German composer Max Reger did, after he got a scathing review of one of his pieces from a music critic:

He wrote the guy a letter that said, "Dear Sir. I am sitting in the smallest room of my house. Your review is before me. In a minute it will be behind me. Sincerely, Max Reger"

junesmatejunesmateover 13 years ago
Pity, really...

that you didn't write the ending as a continuation of part one. Part two didn't flow, possibly because you spent so much time rehashing the plot.

cw159cw159over 13 years ago

I was always told that if you couldn't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all. In this case I'm going to make an exception.

Harry - Man, who hurt you so bad that you turned into such a miserable asshole with an overinflated opinion of his own self worth. I always heard that a critic is a useless person who creates nothing and therefore feels justified in criticizing the creative efforts of others. After looking at "ALL OF THOSE STORIES" you have written I understand that remark a lot better now. My only hope is that you aren't as miserable to the people in your real life as you are in your comments to and about people here. Because if you are, I'm sure that the things you say here are mild to what your "friends" say behind your back.

Zed0 - Everything I said to Harry and this. Are you just naturally a jackass or did you have to practice to become one?

Magmaman - Good story. I think I personally would have confronted her with the hotel info and birth control pills a lot sooner. Overall, it was an enjoyable read and thank you.

BillPorterBillPorterover 13 years ago
The good guy won

I think that this was a fitting end,to the story. It showed what an arsehole that Johnny was. A man that was obessed by his own ego. He deserved all that was coming to him. It was a good thing that Walker sat and listened to Helen, otherwise he may have done something stupid, and would have spent the rest of his life in jail. That would have meant loosing his daugther (the love of his life) in the process.

magmamanmagmamanover 13 years agoAuthor
To Zed0

Normally I simply delete personal attacks. Not all, as some make me laugh. Some hurt, yet I leave them. Some I delete, like drawing a thorn from broken skin.

Your comment I leave for eternity, you can go back any time and see yourself. So I can go back and wonder why.

Yes, cutting comments hurt, I do not deny that.

Thus you are a success, that was your goal.

You choose to attack the author rather than the story. Most, demonstrative of their own personal courage, do this anonymously. So you show more courage than most. Yet still? Anonymous.

Here I write for me, not you. Only an author can understand the why of that.

Even trapped here in this chair, watching the world outside my window pass by, I am far more man than you are.

Dan Magnusan

MGM

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
You Need to Change Your Name To MagmaWOMEN

Although after reading this drivel I doubt any readers would confuse you with a man. You were off to such a marvelous start in the first chapter, is this some sort of petulant revenge for being "forced" to write a second chapter? Us pesky readers wanted another chapter, so I guess you sure showed us! This is a miserable excuse of an ending from a miserable excuse of a writer.

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years ago
Realistic in the real world

Lots of people upset of course, but in the real world sometimes this is the best (or only) decision. Well written. Hope (in never never land) that they live happily ever after.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
a new low in STUPID from DQS

DQS actually wrote this.... see above...

...."If they can build a life - and there's no indication from the story that she was a serial cheater, she just got hung up on one guy...."

so the wife seeing one guy and fucking him say 20 40 or 100 times over the course of 20 years is NOT... according to DQS... serial cheating...

oh My God.

I think what DQS means is that this is not serial cheating with different men BUT it is still serial cheeting if it lasted 20 years.

what is important is that DQS actually thinks this way.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
This part sure generates mixed feelings

1) I personally would not have taken her back. It also makes no sense to bide one's time and to keep everything bottled deep inside. Just walk away -- he did it once before, with Sherry. OK so he wasn't married to her. But the name "Walker" has to mean something (pun intentional). Unfortunately, in this story, it does not.

2) There are only two realistic options were I in Walker's position. Either I would have filed for divorce, and built a new life, or I would have dealt with my enemy, risking jail time or worse. But were that my choice, I would not have threatened. Threatening is illogical -- it simply warns the enemy to be more vigilant. It also goes on record, so that if anything happens later, even if it was by someone else's hand, somebody will remember the threat and you will be a suspect, maybe even charged.

3) By not doing anything right away, by not letting on that you know what is going on with Johnny and your wife, you have the advantage of surprise. It's important to have an airtight alibi, but never fear, the country that could not convict OJ Simpson will have a tough time convicting the stealthy retribution by someone who does not make careless mistakes.

4) So I was disappointed in the ending (the author predicted this for many of us). But the story is the author's, and realistically, many guys are like Walker -- otherwise, there would not be the term, "make-up sex," in our vocabulary. I guess he decided that he was happier with her than without her, all things considered. I'd like to think that had it been me, well, refer back to paragraph #1. Thanks for writing.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 13 years ago
No way!

There is no way I could stay married to his lying, cheating wife. The fact that she was crippled by the piece of shit she had been cheating with was her karma. By taking her back out of pity, he would see her betrayal every time he looked at her battered face. She deserves the fate she created for herself. Her wimp husband needs to grow some balls and move on!

AnotherClosetReaderAnotherClosetReaderover 13 years ago
Pretty good "forced" sequil

Completely changed the original story. I'm not saying it was wrong or bad, it was quite good actually. It just changed the tone from a dark piece to a tragedy of sorts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I'll write my comment, but I don't for a minute think it will make a difference

The first story had a hero with conviction and passion. This second had a wimpy guy who couldn't decide what to do and kept letting other people lead him around. It was like reading about two different characters.

He was beside himself with rage over carla's lies and then he's just not sure. You turn him into a weak wimp who can't take down dr asshole. He was more than able to do it before, but suddenly you wrote him as weak and ineffective. Seriously a gun or stun gun does not need chuck norris, it just needs pointing which is something he could have easily done to take down dr.asshole.

I don't see how he could move beyond 20yrs of terrible lies and take her back. Yes a lot of relationships may survive cheating, but this was way beyond a stray fuck, this was 20 years of lies and cover ups by his loving wife. There is no way a person could ever be with her again.

I think the wife should have had a very bad ending, and dr.ashore should have lived long enough to know his daughter had been taken by the man he screwed over for so long. The hero and sarah should have gotten togethervas a couple but used another woman for having kids just do deny carla's and dr.assholes DNA from being passed on. That would have shown dr.asshole what even his own blood thought of him.

You handled some of the story in clever ways, but it didn't come together in an engaging or believable way.

Btw I noticed the anon comments were actually nicer and easier on you than the non-anon comments. Congrats on that weird twist.

Perhaps you should open it up other authors. I'm sure there are a few that will make him get a hard on and become her cuck, but one or two good authors will write a strong character that will terminate carla's and dr.assholes twenty years or lies with extreme prejudice. That would be fun to read.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

White Lies Previous Part
White Lies Series Info