All Comments on 'Winter Road Trip Ch. 01'

by chance and time

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
DesamyDesamyover 19 years ago
Feedback as requested

Congratulations on your first submission. (My second is pending as we speak). You asked for feedback, and I always give it, but I'll be a bit more focused as a result of that.

I found the story a bit choppy. I understand and appreciate your reflecting back on the start of their relationship, but the transitions from one to another weren't always smooth. There were quite a few little punctuation errors that I noticed, and a couple of other things, but not AWFUL mistakes. They were just little things that you either need to learn to pick up on, or have an editor or friend to do so for you.

That's all I'm really going to touch on.

I've been writing for quite awhile, myself, but only really just now getting into writing erotica. I find what works best for me is to draw from real life, I write with a lot of emotion. It helps me to put real feeling into stories if I think of how it applies to real life, my circumstances or how I would be in situations. Getting into the minds and hearts of the characters, as it were.

I don't think you should get hung on on writing a series of chapters just yet. If that's what works for you, do it, but don't get trapped in the one story and the compulsive need to continue writing it. I too have a tendancy to suffer terribly from writer's block when I'm trying to stick with one thing.

You mentioned your ideas for the next chapter.. I'm not that keen about them, because you've written this first one as a romance, and I don't think the idea of either character being at all sexually involved with other people is romantic. But that's just how I feel.

I guess that's all! I hope I haven't offended you, and good luck with your future writings.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous