Winter Warmth

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'You'll die out there if you go.'

'And you'll die if I don't!' I said, then sighed and caressed her cheek. 'I'll save you, even if it's the last thing I'll do.'

I stood up, tearing my eyes away from her. 'I left food and water for you. Have faith and wait for me to come back.' I said, then hurried out the door.

I needed to get my bearing, then tried to hurry through the snow to where her clan should be, hoping the weather wouldn't get as bad as I expected it to be.

**

It did though. Wind came from everywhere and I had to wrap my face to protect it. The fast walk I could manage through the snow made me sweat, but I never got warm because it cooled off immediately. I had eaten the meat during the walk to give me energy, then cursed for not thinking of the walk home. I didn't care for long though, the thought of Kanji getting sicker and dying without proper help spurred me on despite my slowly aching muscles.

A burst of heavy snowfall almost blinded me. I held up my freezing hand to protect my eyes. Unfortunately I didn't see the downward slope in time and slipped, rolled down the hill, crashing a couple of times into a tree before ending up at the bottom, groaning. I wished I could have stayed on my back there and rest. With some difficulty I stood up, glad to have no broken bones but cursed at the gash in my tunic which let in the cold. After taking a couple of deep breaths I continued my trek.

I guessed it was late in the day when I reached a path and followed it to a small clearing, seeing skin tents on the other side. I hurried up to them, happy to have reached her clan and shouted 'Hello! Hello!'. Several Kanis peeked out of their tents and I waved, shouting again. Three Kanis ducked inside and came out. My tiredness caused me to notice too late they had aimed their bows at me. 'No! Wait!' I shouted. One arrow hit me in the side of my thigh and brought me to my knees. I bit through the pain. 'Don't shoot! Kanji is dying!'

A shout from another Kanis made the others lower their bows. I tried to catch my breath while they came closer. The ones with the bows were joined by a female and one male with a walking stick.

He frowned at me. 'You spoke of Kanji.' he growled.

I nodded, biting back the pain in my leg. 'She's at my cabin. A bear attacked her while we were out walking.'

His eyes grew big. 'She was with you!?'

'Yes.' I said, taking a deep breath. 'We met while we were hunting and a storm forced her to take shelter at my cabin. She's been staying since her own tent had blown to pieces by the wind. Please, you must help her! Her wounds are grave and I can't save her!'

'She left on her own choice.' the female said in a low growl.

'Because she was forced to become a mate to someone she didn't like at all! Of course she would run away, but that doesn't matter now, she needs your help!'

The male and female talked softly and the female walked away. 'We can't help her now.' the male said and turned around. 'Go away before we kill you, human.'

Anger filled me and I got up from my knees, grabbing the male by the fur on his back. He spun around fast and slammed me to the ground, claws piercing my throat. 'I said, go away.' he growled, baring his fangs at me. 'We will kill you if you stay!'

'Then kill me! Tear me to pieces or torture me or do whatever you want!' I shouted, then swallowed, my eyes getting blurry with tears. 'But help Kanji.. I beg of you..'

The male looked back at the female who gave a nod after a moment. 'Lead us to her.' he growled and I finally felt better since I left Kanji in the cabin.

One of the other males pulled the arrow out of my thigh, causing me to scream. He grinned while he gave me some salve and a rag to tie around my thigh. The male with the walking stick returned carrying a bag, together with the female. 'What is your name?' he asked.

'Meless.' I said.

'Riona.' he said gesturing at the female. 'Our clan's mother. I'm Gram, shaman.'

'Thank you for coming.' I said.

'Move.' Gram said, pointing to the way back. 'it'll be dark soon.'

*

We walked until it became too dark for me to see. 'Sorry.' I said. 'I can't go further in this darkness. Even when I want to.'

'You care so much for her to risk your life in both this weather and coming to a Kanis clan?' Riona asked.

'Yeah.' I said, thinking it must sound stupid to both humans and Kanis since we're different races, not to mention enemies.

'Hold on to my arm. I will guide you through the dark in the direction we're going.'

Surprised, I took her offer and we made slow progress with me stumbling on occasion and biting through the pain in my thigh.

When we reached my cabin just as it became lighter I was drained. Not just from physical exhaustion, but also from worrying about Kanji. I hurried inside, kneeling next to her to know if she was still alive.

'Kanji..' I whispered, checking her breathing and caressing her cheek and muzzle. 'Don't leave me..'

A faint moan made me hopeful. Gram put down his bag and removed the bandages, examining the wounds.

'It's bad..' he said. 'But there is a chance.'

'If there's anything you need.' I said.

'I might need some of your blood.' he said, checking Kanji's eyes.

I rolled up my sleeve. 'How much?'

He chuckled. 'Not like that, just the passion and will to save another. For now, get me warm water.'

I nodded and stoked up the fire, putting the kettle next to it. Gram cleaned Kanji's wounds and applied salve before bandaging her. Then he made a brew from the herbs he had taken with him.

'Give this to her.' he said, handing a mug to me. 'I need to wash my hands.'

I tried to make her drink, but she wasn't conscious enough. 'She can't drink.' I said.

'Then give it to her mouth to mouth.' Gram said.

I looked at Kanji for a moment, the thought of getting that intimate made me nervous. I shook my head. It was to save her life and I took a drink of the brew, holding back spitting it out from the bitter taste. "Forgive me." I thought as I opened her mouth and placed mine on it, letting the brew flow into it and make her drink it. I was glad she swallowed it and continued feeding her the brew until the mug was empty.

'Live.' I whispered to Kanji, holding her in my arms.

'Good.' Gram said seeing the empty mug. 'Now we need to wait until tomorrow.'

He and Riona made themselves comfortable at one end of the room.

'Aren't you going to sleep?' she asked.

I shook my head. 'Not if I can help it. I want to keep an eye on her.' I said, but eventually I did fall asleep.

**

I woke up from the sound of Gram and Riona fixing a meal and making a new mug of brew. I looked at Kanji's face and thought she looked better already.

'Looks like you did fall asleep.' Riona said, sitting down next to me.

'Yeah..' I said, caressing Kanji's cheek.

'Do you think Kanis and humans can live together?'

I caressed Kanji's ear in thought. 'I don't know, but I think we made a good start.'

Riona nodded, sipping from her mug with warm water and a strong herb. 'You love her.'

It wasn't a question. She was right in her observation. I nodded.

'Does she love you?'

'I don't know. Maybe not.'

'Would you hate her if she doesn't?'

I pondered about that and shook me head. 'I'm human. I couldn't blame her if she has no feelings for me.'

Riona nodded and finished her brew. Gram checked her wounds and vitals while I stretched to get the stiffness out of my limbs. My thigh hurt but Gram gave me a salve and herb to drink, taking most of the pain away.

*

Kanji opened her eyes a little, making me happy. Gram's medicine worked and she asked for water. He made a new brew and I let her drink it slowly. When she had enough she gave me a smile, then fell asleep again.

'Why did her mother force a mate on her?' I asked when I sat back, next to Riona. 'Couldn't she choose one on her own?'

'To survive, a clan needs strong members.'

'But does that make the clan happy?'

I saw Riona opening her mouth, then closing it again for a few moments. 'It has always been this way.'

'I wonder if her mother actually loved her father. And if she didn't, why did she force the same fate on her own daughter when she knows how much that hurts?' I asked, taking the portrait of Kanji from the shelf next to me, looking at her dignified expression.

'Her father was a good mate, strong, caring. Despite knowing her mother wanted to be with someone else, he provided for her.' Riona said, closing her eyes. 'The one she loved had been mated with another female just before. She never said anything, only cried when she was alone.'

I put the portrait back and watched Kanji's slowly rising and sinking chest. 'Then I really don't understand..'

'She had a responsibility to the clan. Like her mother before her, and those before her. Kanji is the first to openly break the tradition. It doesn't sit well with some members. They talked about forcing her into obedience.'

'If they try that, I will be there to fight for her.' I said, anger rising at the thought of Kanji getting hurt. 'I will not let her lose her smile.'

'You would go against the clan?'

'If I had to, yes.'

Riona smiled and shook her head. 'We'll see when she's recovered.' she said and stood up to stretch. 'I'm going out to hunt. I can use some running now.'

***

Kanji opened her eyes fully the next day. She saw Gram working on his medicine, then looked at me. 'You really went to the clan..' she whispered, reaching out her hand to me and took my hand in hers.

Her smile made my heart beat faster.

'It must have been difficult..'

'It wasn't that bad.'

'Hah!' said Gram, not taking his eyes from his tools. 'He was a mess when he came to us, got shot in the leg, and begged with his life to come and save you.'

Her eyes grew bigger. 'You got shot?' she asked, holding my hand tight.

'Just a flesh wound. Nothing serious.'

'He was in pain the whole way back but too stubborn to rest.' Gram said.

'Meless..' she whispered, tears welling up in her eyes. 'I'm so sorry..'

I caressed her cheek. 'Forget about me. It's you I worry about. How are you feeling?'

'Everything still hurts, but it's better.' she said. 'I think-' She looked at Riona who just came in from a walk outside. '..mother..?'

I jerked my head to Riona. 'You're..?'

She nodded. 'I am.'

I felt so bad about our earlier conversation that my stomach ached. 'I'm sorry. I said some things I shouldn't have.'

She waved it off and moved closer to Kanji. 'You seem better.'

Kanji nodded.

'Gram and I will go back to the clan. He made enough salve and left herbs for you to heal your wounds. When you're strong again, you two will come to see me.' Riona said, then gathered her things while Gram waited.

'Mother, I'm-' Kanji said softly but Riona gestured for her to stay silent.

'I will expect you soon.' she said, then went out the door.

I hurried outside after them. 'Riona, Gram!' I said and they looked back. 'Thank you for everything..'

They gave me a nod and went on their way.

'Meless?' asked Kanji after I got back inside.

'What is it?' I asked, sitting next to her.

'Will you lay next to me?'

I laid down next to her and she buried her face in my chest. 'My life is yours now.' she whispered.

I stroked her head softly. 'Nonsense, your life is yours. I didn't do it to have you owe me.'

'Then why?'

'Because I want to see your smile and laugh more often.'

'Thank you..' she whispered.

Her soft breathing told me she had fallen asleep again and I pulled a blanket over me to stay with her until she'd wake up again.

***

During the next days I washed and cleaned Kanji's wounds, applying salve and new bandages. I had to help her getting to and from the closet, which embarrassed her a lot, but I was glad she could clean herself because I doubt I could stay unaffected if I had to do that. Seeing her without clothes while changing bandages already tickled my imagination.

When her wounds were healed far enough she began to move around little by little until her body felt too sore. At night she would crawl into my arms and it made me wish to do this forever.

'It's still a little sore, but I can finally move around normally.' she said, stretching her body to test it.

'Don't overdo it yet.' I said, preparing our next meal. 'Make sure you're fully healed before going back to your normal activity.'

She moved up behind me and hugged me. 'I'll be careful. Don't want you to ever worry about me again.' she whispered, rubbing her muzzle in my neck and giving me wonderful goosebumps. 'Will you come with me for a walk when the wind dies down? I want to get out after all this time stuck in here.'

I put my arms on hers. 'Of course.'

*

It was later in the afternoon when the wind had died down and we went outside.

'Brr..' she said and shivered. 'I got too used to the warmth inside.'

'Do you want to go back inside?' I asked.

She shook her head and grabbed my arm. 'You'll just have to do until I'm used to it.' she said, sticking out her tongue playfully.

I chuckled at her cuteness and we just walked around without any specific direction in mind. She sniffed the cool air like it was her first time outside and her ears turned in every direction to the few sounds from the forest.

We enjoyed our silent walk until we came across the half eaten carcass of the bear. She gasped and turned away, holding my arm tight.

'I'm sorry.' I said, holding her close with my free arm. 'I forgot it was here. I should have taken a different path.'

She shook her head. 'It's not your fault. It was just the sudden memory coming back to me. I need to face it anyway.'

I rubbed her back softly. 'You won't have to do it alone.'

'Thank you.' she said and loosened her grip on my arm, looking back at the carcass slowly. 'You shot all those arrows?'

Most arrows were scattered, the ones in its skull still there.

'It went down after I shot it twice in the head, but if I had more arrows I would still have shot all of them, just to cause it pain until the last moment.' She looked back at me, gazing in my eyes. 'I would have torn it to pieces with my bare hands if it had killed you.'

She leaned her head against me until a cold breeze reminded us how comfortable it was inside. We went back and sat at the fire until we could eat. She yawned and we crawled under the blankets.

'Have you ever thought about finding a woman to live with again?' she asked, her hands resting against my chest.

'I haven't.' I said. 'I also didn't think I could love another human being like I did Gowenn.'

She looked up at me with her golden eyes. 'How about a Kanis?'

I swallowed, my heart beating faster. 'I already do.' I whispered and kissed her softly.

She leaned into me and returned my kiss, moving one arm around me to pull me closer. I moved my hand gently along her side, careful not to press against her bandages. She turned her head and opened up her mouth, inviting me to kiss deeper. I turned and slid my lips along hers, touching her tongue softly with mine. She moaned softly and slid her long tongue along mine. Our little wet dance triggered my dick and it grew rapidly inside my pants. She felt it pressing against her and she moved one hand into my pants, stroking it softly.

I pulled back, kissing her one more time. 'Is it okay to go all the way with a human?' I asked, caressing her cheek and ear.

She smiled and nodded. 'I found the mate I want, that is all that counts.' she whispered and pushed me gently on my back. 'I want to show my gratitude.'

She pulled down my pants and removed them, her eyes growing hungry at the sight of my hard dick. 'I've seen glimpses of Kanis males, this is the first time seeing one so close, and it's a human one.' she said, stroking her hands gently along my shaft. She straddled me and moved her hot, moist pussy along my dick. Her heat spread through my dick and made it even harder. She slid a hand between her legs, lifted my dick and guided the head between her lips. A moan escaped her the moment she slid my dick inside her. She looked at me with the hunger growing in her eyes and smiled. 'This feels so good..' she sighed.

'Incredible..' I whispered, the heat of her insides stirring up my blood.

She moved her hips slowly up and down, letting her weight fall on me to take me completely inside.

'I can't move faster yet.' she moaned.

Her tight grip and strokes sent waves of desire through my body. 'I wouldn't be able to hold back for long if you did..' I groaned. 'I've never felt like this before..'

'You don't have to hold back.' she moaned. 'When I'm stronger you can take me as much as you want..'

'Kanji..' I groaned, her declaration awakening the lust for this willing mate and she joined my deep groan with a satisfied moan as my heat filled her inside.

She laid down on my chest, keeping my throbbing dick inside her and kissed me passionately. I answered her passion, running my fingers through her fur.

After a long time kissing she slid off my still hard dick with a soft moan. She looked playfully at me. 'Will you be disappointed if you have to wait for more?'

I smiled at her. 'I already got more than I dreamed of getting. I could never be disappointed in you.'

She pulled the blanket on top of us and snuggled up to me, her head on my shoulder. I stroked her head and held her hand on my chest. 'I love you, my Kanis cutie.' I whispered.

'I love you, my sweet human.' she chuckled, closed her eyes and whispered 'My fantastic protector..'.

***

Her strength returned the following days, enough even to go hunting with me on the better days. We also had more slow sex more often, and snuggled up the rest of the time. She could finally lose her bandages and I made a comb to fix her fur. She loved it when I ran my fingers through her fur and the effect it had inside my pants. We learned every intimate detail of each other's body, including the pleasures it gave.

It looked like the worst of winter was over. The sun shone on occasion, making the white landscape glitter everywhere. We had another walk through the forest.

'It's about time we have to visit the clan.' she said, holding my hand tighter as she looked a little sad.

'Yeah..' I said. 'Are you worried your mother will force you to stay?'

'I don't know. She might, but I only want to be with you.'

'I won't let her do anything you don't want.'

She smiled softly at me. 'You wouldn't be able to win if it came to a fight.'

I leaned closer to her and kissed her. 'I'll still show them what a human is capable of when it comes to his loved one.'

She smiled and kissed me. 'He won't be fighting alone.'

I held her tight and we kissed for a while before continuing our walk.

***

We left early on another partly sunny day. We took plenty of food with us and I had made a sort of large bag from the skins of her old shelter. If the weather turned bad we could crawl together in it to protect ourselves and keep warm.

We were lucky though, and arrived at the clan just before it started to get dark on the horizon. Kanji felt nervous, as did I, and we held our hands tight as we approached the tents. Two males greeted us and gestured at the entrance to the largest tent. 'Clan mother and our shaman are inside.' one said.

I nodded at them and held up the heavy flap that covered the opening in the side for Kanji. I followed he in and found Riona and Gram sitting on the other side of a small fire.

'Sit.' said Gram, indicating two thick folded skins on the ground.

We put away our things to the side, sat down and Riona spoke after they watched us for a moment. 'You look healthy.' she said to Kanji.

Kanji nodded. 'Thanks to Gram's help.'

'I only fulfilled a desperate request from an insane human.' Gram said. 'It's that human you have to be grateful for.'