Winter Warmth

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kanji looked at me, smiling gently. 'I am.' she said, her fingers touching mine, I slid mine between hers and blushed.

'You know our laws and traditions.' said Riona. 'And I know about the human laws which all say that any contact between our races is forbidden, even punishable by death.'

Both Kanji and I tensed, expecting the worst.

'Then I'll let you know I've taken Kanji as my mate and will defend her to my last breath if anyone tries to harm her.' I said.

'And I fight by my mate's side.' Kanji said.

Riona and Gram kept silent until she nodded. 'So be it then.' she said and Gram unfolded a skin next to him, revealing two thin bladed knives made from bone.

Behind us came two females into the tent and I rose to my feet with Kanji. 'Don't try to stop us.' I threatened, but with just my knife handy I felt it was a hollow one.

'Sit.' said Riona. 'It's not what you think.'

We looked at her and she nodded at our seats. 'Sit.'

I looked at Kanji who gave me a nod and we sat back down. The two females sat beside us and placed food near the fire.

'Even though you had already confessed to loving her to me, I still feel a little surprised to hear you've both chosen each other.' said Riona to me.

'You told her?' Kanji asked softly.

I nodded with a little smile. 'When we got back to the cabin to heal you. I suppose there was no way for me to hide it.'

A tear welled up in her eye and she wiped it away. 'You really are weird.'

'Then there's the part where he told me how bad of a mother I am for following traditions.' Riona said and I felt my face turn red from guilt.

'I didn't mean-' I said but she stopped me. Kanji looked surprised at me.

'You were basically right.' Riona said. 'I let my worry about Kanji finding a good mate get to me when she had no interest in any male.' Kanji looked back at her mother. 'I didn't really love your father when we were mated, but he cared for me so much I did learn to love him in time.' she said to Kanji. 'He loved you from the moment you were born and I became happy with our little family. He recognised the hunter in you and made you a gift before he died from his sickness. He asked me to give it to you when you had found your own mate.'

Gram took the skin with the knives and moved to Kanji, handing it to her.

'These were made from the antlers from the first deer he killed to provide for me. One from the right antler, the other from the left to symbolise both sides of the mating. He wishes you happy hunting in your new life..' Riona said, smiling gently, then added 'And so do I.'.

Kanji handed me the skin and rushed to her mother, hugging her while she cried. Gram sat down next to me while I swallowed a lump down my throat.

'Her father was my brother.' he said. 'And I know how much it took for him to get Riona to love him, but she did end up loving him from the bottom of her heart. She still does.'

I nodded and smiled. 'I'm glad she didn't have to break with her mother or the clan.' I said. 'I wouldn't know how to fix that.'

'You started the first and more than friendly relation between us. I guess you would have found a way.' he said with a little smirk.