Within These Walls

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Only time would tell.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Chapter Three

The following Friday afternoon - setting up has never been so exciting

It was already late afternoon, the sky starting to turn a golden orange as day drifted towards dusk, by the time Jack had finished setting up.

Gedeon had been true to his word and had left them to it, including leaving a key so that Siobhan could lock the doors from the inside and feel safe in the knowledge that Gedeon would not be paying a visit, not that had he intended to anyway. A second key was handed over to Jack.

Gedeon smiled as he left the couple to it. Locking the doors would prevent anyone coming in from outside but would do little if they were already within. That was something for Gedeon to know, and Siobhan to find out, but that was why she was here, wasn't it? A young woman with an interest in the supernatural, hoping to fuel her passions, to fulfil her dreams. Sometimes you needed to be careful what you wished for.

"All set," Jack proudly announced, smugly admiring his latest set-up.

The kit wasn't the most modern, but it worked, to a fashion. He had eight multi-use sensors dotted around the house, each capable of detecting movement along with changes in temperature or electro-magnetic radiation. A couple of sound recorders, one upstairs and one downstairs completed the set up. The sensors were all sending back their signals to his laptop, a bit like the CCTV cameras in a shopping mall may all send their signals back to a control room. But that may be a problem. With the heavy stone walls of this old house, would the signals make their way back to his laptop, or would they be absorbed into the fabric of the house. Only one way to find out.

"Ready for a dry run?" Jack asked.

"Too right! Maestro... hit me with your rhythm stick... hit me slowly... hit me quick... hit me... hit me... hit me..." Siobhan responded, before breaking down in a fit of laughter.

This was the moment she always enjoyed, when Jack got all high and mighty with his tech, and she... well she lived in hope that this was going to be the very weekend when she proved him wrong.

"You got it, but don't complain if it all gets a little too techie for—" Jack started to respond.

"Cut the crap, Jack. What have we got?" Siobhan snapped back at him.

"Five sensors downstairs... front room, kitchen, stairwell, gallery, and entrance hall... with a sound recorder at the junction between entrance hall and main corridor. Upstairs... sensors on the landing, one at the top of the stairs, one at the far end by the spare bedrooms, and the last in the doorway to the master bedroom, the one you'll be sleeping in. I've kept the sound recorder far enough away from the main bedroom that we won't catch you snoring, or even worse—"

"Jack!" Siobhan snapped at him once more. "I don't snore... do I?"

"Well... there has to be a benefit of sleeping in the car," he quipped.

If looks could kill, in that instant Jack may have become the ghost that Siobhan was busy seeking.

"Go on then," Jack added. "Room by room, go do your stuff."

With a spring in her step, Siobhan was off, out of sight but most definitely not out of reach. One by one the sensors activated, sending their signals back to the laptop. The motion sensor was the first to kick in, picking up both temperature and movement, providing a record of a young woman as she moved though room after room. Sound followed soon after, first footsteps and then the distinctive Gaelic tones of a certain redhead.

"Testing... 1... 2... 3... testing in the...," Siobhan called out, varying her speech only to add in the room name.

Jack on the other hand, made himself comfortable, watching the screen on the laptop flicker on and off as room after room were visited in turn. Each room had its own small window, black when there was no activity, just waiting to burst into life. A blink on the screen noted the movement, and a burst of sound told Jack just where Siobhan was without him having to physically see her. The fact that she added the room name to her commentary allowed Jack to check that every sensor had been configured correctly. Once set, they would record anything and everything, especially if it which went bump in the night.

There would be no hiding.

There would be no playing games with the system.

There would be...

Suddenly Jack stared at the screen. How the hell had Siobhan done that? Nobody could mess around with his system, yet here she was, announcing her arrival in the master bedroom one second, and giggling away in the gallery corridor the next. He listened closely. The second sound was faint, but definitely a giggle, and definitely a female voice. For a moment Jack was perplexed. Had he configured the sensors incorrectly?

Then it dawned on him. There was always a simple, rational answer.

'Oh yes... you nearly had me there Siobhan... you really did,' Jack whispered to himself. 'That was clever... real clever.'

Leaving Siobhan to her movements upstairs—the creak of old floorboards was a giveaway also as to her whereabouts—Jack rushed off towards the gallery corridor intent on spoiling her ruse, intent on finding Siobhan's phone and with it hearing the recording of a young woman giggling.

It was so simple.

It was so smart.

It was so... not there.

The gallery corridor was just how they had left it. There was no mobile phone playing any recording, either visible or hidden. It was just an empty room full of paintings. Jack was confused. He checked the sensor, but that was all set-up properly. As he set back to the laptop, Jack found himself staring at one single picture, the one Siobhan had accused of watching her, the one of Victoria. It was just a painting, a most beautiful painting, a most realistic painting, nothing more.

But... was she?

Was Victoria smiling just a little more than before?

Jack shook his head, then made his exit. How could he? How could he let Siobhan, and her fascination for all things ghostly, get to him. She would have some answering to do, but for now he had better double check the rest of the sensors.

It was as Siobhan announced that she was back on the landing, heading downstairs, that Jack noticed it again. This time was different though. What started in the gallery corridor, soon progressed to the stairwell, then all the way upstairs before fading to nothing in the master bedroom. This time, it wasn't just the sound sensors which triggered, so did the motion detectors, those at the top and bottom of the stairwell activating almost in unison.

Halfway down the stairs, Siobhan stopped. She paused for a minute, before continuing.

'Oh yes, you are good,' Jack commented to himself.

"I don't know how you did it, but that was one hell of a show," he called out to the nearing Siobhan.

"Did you see that?" Siobhan announced excitedly, as she moved back into the kitchen, ignoring anything that Jack had just said.

"Sure, I saw it, heard it, watched it..." Jack said, a patronising tone in his voice. "Very clever."

"I mean it, Jack. There was somebody on the stairs. I felt her brush past as I came down, and I'm sure I heard her giggle."

"Yeah... yeah... yeah... and in the gallery corridor, and in the stairwell, and in the bedroom. Now, let me know how you did it, unless you want me checking every sensor one by one for the rest of the evening."

"I knew it," Siobhan continued, excitement filling her voice. "I knew this would be the one. Now where's my phone? I've got filming to do... an audience to please... and a ghost to meet."

"You mean you didn't have it with you?" Jack asked.

"No... no... I left it somewhere down here in the... ah, yes, there it is."

There was a pause as Siobhan logged into her social media account, ready to get the ball rolling on another GhostlySiobhan99 production. This was going to be the best yet, of that Siobhan was convinced.

"What about you, Jack? Are you staying or going? I don't mind sharing the limelight if you want."

"You mean... it w... wasn't you?" Jack asked, not quite knowing whether to believe Siobhan or not.

"You gotta believe me. Not me at all. Now... I've got some shooting to do, you coming or not?"

"You're f... fine. I... I... I'll settle down on the sofa and keep an eye on the screen. I'll be sure to holler if I see anything."

"Your loss," Siobhan smirked as she headed off deeper into the house, her phone in her hand, ready to start. "Oh... and Jack... anyone would think you had seen a ghost."

Jack didn't respond. He knew better than to take the bait. Jack still wasn't sure how Siobhan had done it, but she had been so convincing in what she had done, and now she was waxing lyrical on her latest video.

"Hey followers... GhostlySiobhan99 here again, ready for my next exciting adventure... and boy have I hit the jackpot this time. If you thought the last one was thrilling, this one's gonna be off the scale. Where am I, I hear you ask? I'm not telling you... a girl's gotta have some secrets... but just take a look at this place... seventeenth century... wooden beams... creaking floorboards... no mod cons... the video don't do it justice... you just gotta be here to feel it and boy did I feel it already..."

Maybe she had struck lucky. For sure, there would be many who believed in such an impressive performance, but Jack wasn't going to be one. He still knew better than to believe in ghosts, ghouls, or any other thing which went bump in the night. Still though, she had the gift of the gab, and it was good fun just to listen in, well at least until it got sort of dull and boring. As Siobhan moved out of direct earshot, Jack turned to watching her progress on the screen.

"Believe me... this place is a ghostly paradise... and don't I know it. Follow me down to the gallery... paintings all the way back to the sixteen-hundreds... but not just any old paintings... believe me... I saw it with my own eyes... one of these paintings was watching me... and that's not all..."

One day, Jack thought to himself, when she's good and ready, Siobhan could make a fortune as an actress. She really had a talent, not for finding ghosts, but for telling a real good tale. Maybe it was the dulcet Gaelic tones which helped, or even her girl next door youthful looks. Jack had to admit that Siobhan was a natural, and in her element with a camera pointed at her, even if it was her own mobile phone.

"Here... right here... half way up the stairs... that's where I felt her... that's where I heard her... giggling as she brushed past me. I'm telling you... this house is haunted... and when she comes back, I'll be ready and waiting. GhostlySiobhan99 signing off for now. I'll be back when things get exciting."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As Siobhan rattled off the narrative for her next thrilling YouTube instalment, somewhere deep in the fabric of the house, there were others who had nothing else on their mind than the young redhead. Whether she suspected or not, Siobhan's performance already had an audience, an audience more interested in the presenter and her soft tones, than what was being presented.

"She's the one, Master, the one I told you about," Victoria spoke to the Count. "I think you're going to like her. I know you will."

"So sweet... so beautiful... so enthusiastic... reminds me of your first time here all those years ago," the Count replied, his voice deep and intoxicating. "But what about the other one?"

"She said... just a friend, nothing more. I heard them talking to Gedeon. He will stay tonight, but she will be alone tomorrow."

"I see... and does this redhead have a name?" the Count enquired.

"Oh yes... Siobhan... a beautiful name for a beautiful young woman."

"And does she know... about you... about us... about the house?" he continued to probe.

"About me... yes... I made sure she noticed. Was I good, Master?"

"You are always good, my darling Victoria. But... we need to know if she is the right one, if the house will choose her, and if she will choose the house."

"I'm sure she will, Master. She couldn't be a better fit... a believer... enthusiastic... always passionate... and, yes, that shockingly red hair will look wonderful in the gallery."

"Always?" the Count asked, a mischievous glint in his eye.

A smile spread across Victoria's face as she thought back to her first time, and the many happy ever afters which followed every day. She looked at the Count, her master, her lover, then closed her eyes and imagined Siobhan. Oh yes, she was the one alright. The young redhead might not know it yet, but she wasn't going to be able to resist the opportunity of a lifetime. They were quite different, but they were two peas formed from the same pod, of that Victoria was sure.

Victoria smiled, a wave of excitement passing over her.

"I have an idea, Master," Victoria replied. "Let me have her tonight, and I will prove I am not wrong... then tomorrow, you can ask her your question, and see what decision she makes."

There was a pause before Victoria spoke again.

"And now, Master? Would you like to take me once more, just like that very first time when you asked me the same question?"

"And what if she heard?" the Count asked, the question itself a rhetorical one as he was already unbuttoning his shirt, his pulse racing in anticipation.

"Let her hear," Victoria said. "I think she enjoys a good performance."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Chapter Four

Friday night - Siobhan is woken from her sleep

After half an hour of muffled moans and groans, the sort which told of passionate lovemaking more than ghostly scaring—they were so obvious that Siobhan even accused Jack of watching porn on his phone with the sound turned down—the rest of the evening had been quiet, so much so that Siobhan had decided to settle in early. There was a long night ahead of her and she was even more convinced that it would be an exciting one.

There was though, one more thing she needed to do before tucking herself up for the night. She always did the same, and today was to be no different. It was what her followers expected, and Siobhan was more than happy to provide. What harm was there? You could say it was her swansong, that final presentation of the day, dressed in one of her sleepwear outfits: top and shorts, nightshirt, or on the odd occasion, a suitably designed onesie.

'So that's me... it's been one hell of a day... and now I'm signing off... wondering just what the night will bring... and, if it does, I'll be right there recording it all... for now though... sweet dreams one and all... and... wish me luck.'

Siobhan was already running the words through her mind, as she headed upstairs. She always slept upstairs, at home and on her travels. It just seemed right, right for her and right for what she expected of any ghostly apparitions... oh, and an old four-poster bed was just too good an opportunity to give up.

She wouldn't sleep that much. Siobhan never did. The adrenaline put pay to much chance of rest, that, and her endless listening to every unexpected sound. At best she would doze, tossing and turning, dreaming of just what might be out there, and just who might be about to pay her a visit. They never did—Siobhan had to admit that to date her search had been pointless—but it never stopped the young woman from believing. One day, Siobhan promised herself, one day she would get lucky, she would meet him, or her, or even them.

Jack, on the other hand, settled for the sofa downstairs. He wasn't so worried about ghosts, ghouls, or even tripped sensors. Siobhan had her bit of fun, and Jack knew, as always, that things would not be going bump in the night. They never did. Oh yes, Siobhan would give her followers an excitable tale of how the earth moved, how the walls shook, and how close she came, but it would be an act and nothing more. Jack... well, he would give a sympathetic tale of how he battled through discomfort to get just a little shuteye. Again, it would be an act, as Jack could sleep anywhere, and sleep well.

He positioned the laptop on the floor, in clear view of the sofa, and watched as sensor after sensor picked up Siobhan's movement, up the stairs, across the landing and into the main bedroom. It was there that he lost her, the sensor only covering the doorway and not the room inside.

This was the bit which Siobhan liked the best. This was when the excitement started, albeit today had already been more thrilling than most. There was something extra though when all went dark, and silence set in. Siobhan would be ready, whatever the night threw at her. Her phone would be in arms reach, ready to catch that very moment, to share the unexpected with her thousands of followers.

Out of sight of any sensors, it was time to change, to get ready for her expected goodnight sign-off. The hat was first to go, followed by her baggy jumper, pulled slowly up and over her head, revealing a silky black plunge bra straining to retain a pair of breasts which could only be described as plump soft pillows. Moments later, Siobhan reached back and undid the clasp on the bra. As she eased it off her shoulders, those soft pillowy mounds hung free, sagging ever so slightly given the sheer weight of young flesh.

Reaching down, Siobhan turned her attention to her leggings, easing them over her wide hips, revealing inch by inch a pair of matching black silky panties, thong backed so as not to give too much of a visible panty line. Then, bending forward with her breasts dangling, Siobhan worked the leggings all the way down to the floor. She stood once more and moved over towards an incredibly old looking mirror hanging on the wall, hanging next to an equally ancient looking table and wardrobe.

For a moment Siobhan stood there, staring. She ran her hands across her bare skin. Siobhan had a very pale complexion, almost to the point of being ghostly white, but she liked the way she looked, the smooth firmness under her touch, the contrast against the fiery warmth of that red hair.

By the time Siobhan was busying herself getting changed, downstairs, Jack was already asleep. He never saw the signal from the sensor in the gallery, bursting into life as movement was detected, nor the one in the kitchen. He never even sensed the presence in the front room where he was now snoring lightly. The evidence would be there, recorded in the event log, ready to be scrutinised once they got back home, but for now he was oblivious to the fact.

Jack never even heard the giggling voice of a woman as she watched for a minute before leaving him to his slumber. It wasn't Jack who Victoria had come looking for, but with him asleep, her path would be so much easier. In the moments which followed, sensors tripped in the stairwell, on the landing, and at the entrance to the main bedroom.

Whether she was oblivious to the sensors, or just didn't care, nothing stopped Victoria as she followed the sounds of Siobhan undressing. The bedroom door was half open, but rather than entering, Victoria paused for a moment and peered in through the gap between door and frame. There, as Siobhan stood staring at the mirror, so did Victoria, only Victoria was staring at the almost naked redhead busy admiring herself, than at the mirror itself.

"Oh god," Victoria whispered to herself, "more beautiful than ever I imagined."

Siobhan stopped. Something had startled her. Immediately she brought one arm up over her naked breasts, as if trying to provide a modicum of modesty. Was somebody there? Should she call out? Should she turn around to look? Holding her breath, Siobhan stared deeper into the mirror, her gaze now at the reflection of what was behind her, at the bed, at the bedroom floor, at the half open door.

123456...8