Wives and Lovers Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I couldn't get over how alike Chrissy and her mother were, Margot was almost a mature twin, if you were unaware of their relationship she could be mistaken for an older sister..... except where my lovely wife was pretty and petite and youthfully sweet, her mother was spectacularly beautiful in the way that only a mature woman can be with a firm lush body and a face so like her daughters but even more striking. My mother-in-law exuded an aura of sex appeal which left me totally captivated in seconds. Where Chrissy was gorgeous, her mother was magnificent!

I could already feel my prick responding to the stimulus being sent via my eyes as I absorbed this vision of female perfection. Worse, when our eyes met I could sense that the pull and attraction was mutual. I stepped quickly up to the sink unit to conceal the growing bulge in my trousers and pretended to examine the vegetables that she had been preparing when I interrupted her.

"Is there anything I can help with?" I asked. My voice sounded hoarse and a little strangled to me. Whether or not she knew my real problem she offered me a solution and a way out.

"You could help me prepare the vegetables for dinner...." She suggested, pushing a colander of carrots in my direction and holding out a peeling knife, "....if you don't mind simple kitchen chores...?"

"No... actually, I like cooking... it is one of life's really enjoyable activities...." I replied, my knife stripping the carrots quickly and skilfully. I was showing off my kitchen skills, I seriously wanted to impress this woman.

"H-m-m-m-m, you are good," She smiled at me her eyes full of mischief as if she had some secret joke that she wasn't sharing. "Good looking and cooks as well.... I think my little girl has got herself a bargain!"

"What do you want to do with this....? I held up a large stripped carrot then quickly dropped in back into the bowl as I realised the possible lewd implications of my stupid if innocent remark. "Do you want them sliced, in batons, or curled...?" I added swiftly.

"You choose, you are doing the job....." She laughed and then added with a tiny giggle, "Surprise me! It's years since a man has surprised me in the kitchen!"

Shit, she was flirting with me..... we only met five minutes ago and my dazzling mother-in-law was bloody flirting with me! Worse than that the idea was getting me turned on..... it was taking all my will power not to respond in kind.

I grabbed a kitchen knife and started chopping carrots in a frenzy of concentrated action. At my side Margot had started to strip and cut the green beans with a similar focused dedication both of us stealing quick sideways glances at the other believing ourselves to be unnoticed. We continued in silence until the vegetables were all prepared and in the pans... only then did I realise that we had gradually moved closer together until we were side by side with our hips and elbows touching.... It felt comfortable and intimate but this was my wife's mother; if it had been any other woman I would not have been able to resist her charms and would already have made my move.

"I think we are all done here..." Margot announced as she turned on the gas beneath the pans. "We work well together.... I am sure there are plenty more of "life's really enjoyable activities" we can discover over the week-end..."

There it was again, she was definitely flirting with me and she was clever, she had quoted my own words back at me twisting them to her own meaning. This was bad, really bad because she was gorgeous and the embodiment of my perfect dream woman and I had to spend the whole weekend with her in company with her daughter....my wife! The wicked little subconscious voice of my libido was already suggesting various ridiculous schemes and ploys for me to get Margot alone.

"What now?" I asked.

"The sun is well over the yard arm.... Be a dear and make us both something to drink... I've had a long hard day and I bet you are ready for a drink as well?" She said, taking my hand and leading me through a door into what was obviously a family sitting room. She waved me in the direction of a sideboard with a couple of trays of drinks bottles and some glasses laid out.

"What do you want to drink?" I asked and watched as she flopped into an easy chair by the large fireplace and crossed her shapely legs, the short tight skirt riding up to expose acres of silk clad thigh. As I turned back to the drinks table I heard her shoes drop to the floor.

"Oh, just a fruit juice!" She called with a laugh, I was surprised, I didn't have her pegged as a non-drinker. I heard a cigarette lighter click behind me. At least she wasn't a non-smoker... thank God for that, I seriously would not get through the whole Easter week-end without a fag. Chrissy almost never smoked but tolerated my addiction as one of the 'Three Dirty Habits' that every husband was allowed, along with my partiality for real black pudding and haggis, and my ability to eat raw lemons like sweeties.

"What sort of juice do you prefer?"

"Oh grape is good.... but I prefer juniper....with a dash of quinine of course..." She chuckled. "You will find ice and lemon slices in the cooler cupboard...."

"OK, fine," I laughed. I was beginning to really like Margot Colbert, already we had the same quirky sense of humour. "I think I will have the same.... Two gin and tonics coming up..."

"So tell me about yourself," She asked as I handed her a glass and then sat down in the chair opposite. I probably should have chosen one of the other seats a bit less intimate, our feet were only inches from touching but that chair gave me a perfect view of her long legs and well-shaped breasts without having to move my head and without it being too obvious that I was studying her body, although I guessed that she was well aware of my attention.

I really hated this bit. 'The Grilling!' On the rare occasions that I ever agreed to meet with the mothers of girls I was dating there was always 'The Grilling!' Usually I just string them along by confirming the rubbish biographical blurb put out by Gabby and my publishers, believing that I am a real life reprobate usually causes them to back off fairly quickly. Rogues might be fun to gossip about at the Town Women's Guild but nobody wants one for a potential son-in-law and it acts as a sort of 'get out of jail card' when I sense the matrimonial net about to be flung.

It only seriously backfired on me once, with Veronica Price-Davies, mother of cute but dumb 19 year old Glynis who invited me to her ancestral home on the Welsh Borders for the weekend. Edwin Price-Davies was a pleasant enough chap who shared a lunatic obsession with his daughter for making and flying Chinese paper kites and no sooner had we arrived than the two of them buggered off into the hills chasing errant breezes. That first afternoon Veronica had trapped me by their basement swimming pool and given me 'The Grilling' and I had spun her the usual footloose playboy story.

"You are too much of a man for my spineless daughter!" She had announced, "And far too old for her.... But not for me!" Shit, I was only 32 at the time, I didn't consider that to be old! She was probably well over fifty.... Not that I had ever considered age to be a bar to sexual attraction.

Before I had a chance to respond, hide or run she had dropped her beach-robe which proved to be all that she was wearing and stood before me totally nude. In truth she wasn't at all bad looking and had a decent body which she wasted no time in draping all over me. Poor Glynis never twigged that I had spent the afternoon shagging her mother in and out of the pool and naively accepted that both of us felt unwell and needed to stay at home the following afternoon as well. I never saw Glynis again. To my relief she sent me a text the following week and explained that we couldn't see each other anymore....Mummy didn't approve of me as a prospective suitor.

I returned from Memory Lane to my mother-in-law's sitting room. "Not much to tell really, Margot... Chrissy has probably filled you in with most of the essential details already...."

"I looked you up.... you are Frederick Felix's nephew aren't you...?" She stated, placing her hand lightly on my sleeve. "Was he really as outrageous as everybody believes?"

"Oh, much, much worse!" I laughed. My Wiki page did mention some of Uncle Frederick's famous pranks.... flying his RAF Hurricane beneath Tower Bridge in 1944, that infamous six night party at Grossinger's Hotel, Catskill; and the day that he painted a moustache on my ten year old face, dressed me in silks, put me up on a horse and entered me in a race at Epsom. No, I didn't win but I wasn't at the back of the field either... we did get the horse disqualified however and my uncle nearly ended up in court...and had to publically apologise to the Jockey Club.

I couldn't resist teasing her. "You mustn't tar us with the same brush... I am the real black sheep of the family!"

"Should you be telling me that after you have just eloped with my daughter?" She squeezed my arm and put on a mock expression of alarm.

"Does it make a difference.... If you have read my Wiki page or website you know the sort of character I am supposed to be....the playboy author and all that nonsense?" The online profile was another of Gabby's publicity fictions of course.

"Yes, it DOES make a difference to me..... we are in desperate need of a man with balls around here....!" I guessed that she was referring to her other son-in-law, Todd Peters. "I hope that it makes a difference to Christina as well....my daughter is in serious need of discovering that life can be fun....she can be very set in her ways at times.... you were the biggest surprise that she has given me in years."

"We do have fun, lots of fun..." I defended with a grin.

"No, you have sex, lots of sex...." Margot responded. "Sex can be lots of fun but there is more to life than sex..."

"Is there? I'm not sure that I agree...." I made my answer jokey but I am not at all sure that I did agree. I have never been convinced that there is anything more important than sex.

She paused for a long moment and turned to face me switching on one of those big smiles, her eyes sparking with mischief.

"No, you are probably right..... we could do with more fun AND more sex around here to liven things up...."

Bloody hell, was my mother-in-law flirting with me? If she was then it was working. Margot Colbert was a bloody attractive woman, and I was starting to become attracted.

"What about those "really enjoyable activities" you mentioned earlier, what makes you tick?"

"Oh, I play golf, I sail a bit, I cook as much for fun as for sustenance, I waste hours watching old movies and I drive a 1964 MGB Convertible..." I elucidated and locked eyes with her over the rim of my glass and saw her eyebrows flicker up slightly at the mention of the car. I had known that would grab her attention.

"Wire wheels?" She enquired.

"Of course...." I grinned, I had her hooked. She was now on my team!

"Original leather upholstery?"

"Absolutely....and seats that go all the way back...." If she wanted to flirt two could play that game.

"Is the car here?" She asked enthusiastically. I thought she was about to jump up and run outside to look.

"Er, yes....It is in your garage next to a very smart Spitfire......"

"Good, then that is tomorrow settled...." She gushed. "You can take me out for a drive and lunch somewhere...."

"What are you two conspiring about?" A voice asked from behind us.

I turned to the door to confront the speaker and was struck dumb for a minute. It was Chrissy. At least it was my wife's voice, and my wife's face, and my wife's figure, except... Chrissy had left me half an hour ago wearing jeans and a polo necked sweater with her long blonde hair hanging in a loose cascade around her face. This was an almost exact clone of my wife but she was wearing a smart dark grey trouser suit and white shirt and her honey blonde hair was cut short in a fashionable page boy style. Apart from the hair style and a sterner expression around the eyes they could have been twins. They were two years apart but the likeness was incredible. Their mother must have incredibly strong genes.

"Ah! Let me introduce you to my other daughter, Gail..." Margot said. We both stood up and she slipped her arm through mine hugging my elbow tight against her firm breast and leaning against me intimately. "Gail, this is Felix....."

"Put him down Mother...he belongs to Christina.....!" The sister said sharply. I struggled to detect any warmth or humour in the comment. Actually my arm felt warm and comfortable against Margot's generous breast and I didn't particularly want to be put down.

"Don't be surly darling, come and say hello nicely..." Margo scolded. I detected a family spat in the making and disentangled my arm so that I could thrust out a hand towards my sister-in-law.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you at last," I offered. She touched her fingers to mine briefly but without any real contact and certainly not what you could call a handshake. I found myself blurting out what was foremost in my mind, "Wow, it is incredible that you and Chrissy are so much alike....I never realised how lucky a guy could be....three such beautiful women in one family!" It probably sounded cornier than I intended.

She smiled weakly and then turned towards the drinks trays. "I'm having a drink, does anybody else want one?"

"No thank you sweetheart, we are ahead of you" Her mother said and I held up my glass in conformation. Gail poured herself a large neat brandy and turned back to face us.

"What do you do, Gail?" I enquired. "Are you a doctor as well?"

I ran my eyes up and down her wonderful body and over her so familiar face. She was wearing discreet eye shadow and a paler shade of lipstick than Chrissy usually wore but when I reached her bright blue eyes, I saw a clear rebuff in them. She definitely did not appreciate my open admiration.

"No.... Gail is an investment banker.... She would rather save money than lives..." Margo put in.

Forget the spat.....I felt a family feud coming on. This was bloody terrifying! I am used to being the cute nice guy that all the ladies pant over, it's not that I haven't been in fights with women but they have always been my own fault and I got what was coming to me... but I wasn't used to getting caught in the middle of some sort of mother-daughter-sister pussy-war!

"Wow, not only beautiful but clever too!" I said with one of my best winning smiles. I wasn't trying to broker a peace just save my own arse.

"Yes, actually I am!" She snapped, "I am bloody clever, I am very good at what I do, and that is despite having tits and a vagina!"

"I'm sorry....I didn't mean...." I stuttered taken aback by her sudden anger and watched open mouthed as she turned on her stiletto heel and strode gracefully from the room. I think Gail was an appropriate homonym for her, Gail by name, gale by nature.

"Oh dear!" Margot watched her daughter leave and then turned back to me with a smile. "I think you lost that one Felix..."

"What did I do?"

"First, you looked at her body, secondly you told her she was beautiful...." She said sadly, "Gail is very conscious of her good looks and the fact that she has been successful in a man's world... all her working life she has had to contend with work colleagues hitting on her and implying that her success is down to her having good tits and a neat arse, and being married to a chauvinist moron hasn't helped."

"Should I apologise to her?"

"Better just leave it, you might make it worse." She gave me another of her fabulous smiles. "You can complement me on my good looks any time.....I will not be offended in the least."

"Are you flirting with me, Margot?" I joked.

"Absolutely! Just as hard as I can." She laughed.

*

*

Dinner was actually quite pleasant; the food and wine were excellent, Margot was a much better cook than her daughter. Chrissy couldn't boil an egg... it looked as if I was going to be the cook in our household. That suited me, I would stay at home and write and cook whilst she was at the hospital slaving over some disease or saving lives.... A very suitable division of labour.

Gail's husband Todd, deigned to join us at the dinner table but refrained from baiting me any further and mostly just sat and ate sparsely but consumed substantial quantities of the decent Domaine Mayrac Organic Dilettante Pinot Rouge that Margot had put on the table to accompany the joint of roast beef, cooked rare and juicy just the way that I like it.

Gail herself had changed into a tee-shirt and jeans and looked even more like Chrissy and seemed to have forgiven me for whatever transgression I may have committed earlier. She kept pace with her husband's wine consumption and spent most of dinner quietly catching up with her sister about those things that sisters think are important but are a complete mystery to outsiders. That left Margot and myself to entertain each other, comfortably chatting about vintage sports cars, golf and favourite movies and subtly flirting over our dessert of apple custard meringue, although nobody else seemed to notice or maybe didn't care.

Eventually Todd pushed himself up from the table. "I'm going down to the pub for a drink," he announced, "Do you want to come Gail?"

"No...I'm going to bed!" She snapped back. "If you are going to get pissed then take your own car....not mine!" She added. He simply turned on his heel and strode from the room.

"He wrote her car off a couple of months back...." Margot leaned over and whispered into my ear. Her hot breath on my neck made me shudder with delight.

After Todd had left the women cleared the table and disappeared into the kitchen to deal with the washing up, eschewing my offer of help and so I wandered out onto the patio to finish my brandy and enjoy a quiet smoke. It was dark, with clouds above and no moon, and there was not much to see, except I could make out what appeared to be a conservatory at first but when the outside lights suddenly came on I recognised the building as a very fancy indoor pool.

"Nice isn't it?" I hadn't heard Margot come up behind me, "Gail was a superb swimmer as a teenager, school champion, so one of the reasons that I bought the house was for the swimming pool."

"You have a very lovely home, Margot," I told her. "And two fabulous daughters, not just beautiful like their mother but clever as well..."

"Thank you, kind sir..." She acknowledged and slipped her arm through mine. "Do you want to come in for a night-cap..... the girls have already drifted off to their beds...Christina told me to send you up when I was bored with your company...."

"Are you bored yet?" I teased as we returned to the sitting room and allowed her to guide me to the large couch so that we were sitting side by side our thighs lightly touching. I could feel the warmth of her bare skin searing through the thin material of my trousers. I really did not ought to be doing this, or thinking the thoughts that I was....this was my wife's mother for fuck sake!

"If you are not tired we could watch a film on DVD.... I have quite a decent collection..." She pushed a button on a remote and a section of the wall opposite slid aside to reveal an inset television screen and a stack of audio and recorder units. This was really serious high end equipment and expensively fitted. It was like a mini cinema.

"Bloody hell, I am seriously jealous....." I enthused. "There is no way that I am going to bed without seeing this little lot in action...."

"OK, select us a film..." She waved her hand at a vast bookcase crammed to capacity with CDs and DVDs. "I'm going to change into something more comfortable...I've been in these clothes all day...."