Wolf Lake Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why are you here?" No preliminaries, Nafarius went right to the point.

Natasha was sitting on the floor, her back against the wall. Slowly, she rolled her head to the side so that she was looking up at her brother-in-law. "I told you. I came seeking sanctuary from Nicholas."

"If you are truly his mate then you understand why I don't believe you."

Natasha knew all too well the things that Nicholas had done over the years. Her mate was a cold and cruel man that used fear and violence to get what he wanted. Their pack reflected their leader's cruelty and was made up of abusive men and scared women. Natasha had escaped but her hope was to eventually go back and release the hold Nicholas had over the other members. "We were afraid that's how you would feel." Natasha reached into her skirt pocket, pulled out a piece of white cloth and offered it to Nafarius. "I was told to give you this."

Nafarius stood and starred at the piece of cloth as if it would bite him. Sam stepped forward and took it from the woman, turning to her mate she asked, "What is it?"

"A handkerchief; it belonged to my father." Nafarius felt as if he were chocking.

Running it through her hands, Sam turned it over and rubbed the pad of her thumb over the stitching.

"Those were his initials." Turning on Natasha, his voice a low, menacing growl he demanded, "How did you get this?"

Natasha cringed. She couldn't help it. Nafarius and Nicholas were identical twins and while she sensed a peace in Nafarius not found in her mate the sight of him standing over her brought back flashes of violence. "Your mother gave it to me; she thought that you'd be willing to at least hear me out once you'd seen it."

"Why should I believe that she gave this to you? Nicholas could have just as easily taken it from her. And why didn't you show it to me this morning?" Nafarius felt the earth shifting beneath his feet. He was nearing a state of panic, rage at the thought of his mother so filled him he thought he might faint and he wanted to lash out, to destroy something as he had been all those years ago.

"I can't make you believe anything. I don't expect you to trust me but please listen to what I have to say. Then, if you still want me to I'll go." Natasha waited, holding her breath. If Nafarius wouldn't help her then all was pretty much lost. Her and Elizabeth had spent several hours trying to come up with some way to save their pack, to help the women and children escape without further endangering the other packs around them. Nicholas was known far and wide and while not exactly respected he was feared. Many of the other pack leaders avoided entering their territory for fear of what might happen. Any proposed alliance was treated with suspicion and while Nicholas had betrayed many there wasn't one leader strong enough or willing to lead the others against him. Nafarius was the only one that could help. He was known as a strong, well-respected leader. He was fair and many trusted him. He was everything his brother wasn't and that's why Nicholas hated him.

"Nafarius, at least listen to her." Sam touched him gently on the shoulder. "You said yourself that if Nicholas did send her it could easily have been against her will. You know what kind of man your brother is but don't judge Natasha for something thing beyond her control."

Nafarius looked from one woman to the other. He saw such similarities between the two of them. Their coloring was remarkably alike with dark black hair, olive skin and almond shaped eyes. The only difference was in the color of their eyes. Sam's were an emerald green while Natasha's were a deep, rich brown. And both of them were watching him with the identical expression of hope. There was something else about them that struck him as odd; they smelled alike. Not exactly but similar enough that one had to concentrate to tell the difference. Wondering, Nafarius made a mental note to question it later.

"All right. I'll listen but I can't promise anything."

Natasha gave a weak smile of relief. "Thank you." Her eyes moved to where Sam had settled back against the wall, "To both of you." Taking a deep breath she prepared to tell her story.

"I met your brother for the first time a year ago. It seemed that my father, a member of another pack, had unwittingly crossed into Nicholas' territory. He was caught, questioned, accused of spying and then beaten. To this day I don't know how he survived. I am the youngest of five children and my father wasn't exactly young when he met and mated with my mother. Anyway, when Nicholas finally released him it was conditioned on payment, to be named at a later date.

My father returned home, healed although slowly due to his age and went on about his life. That was four years ago. A year ago Nicholas showed up demanding one of my father's daughters as payment for letting him live. Our pack was small and our leader old. He didn't have any sons and there wasn't anyone willing or able to take over. In effect we were dying out. Nicholas saw it as an opportunity to move it, take over the few remaining pack members and our territory." Natasha took a sip of water before continuing.

"There was some discussion but everyone pretty much knew that there was no choice. One of us would be chosen and the pack merged in with Nicholas'. After much debate I volunteered. My parents couldn't stand to choose and no one else in the pack wanted to be the one so I made the decision. Nicholas couldn't have cared less which daughter he received. He wanted a mate, someone to give him a son and he wanted our land. While small it was rich in hunting grounds and other resources.

We went through the traditional mating ritual." Natasha shivered at the memory. "And our packs were intertwined. That's when I met your mother. She's the reason I'm here today. I've always been headstrong and I wasn't prepared to be ruled by the likes of Nicholas. I spent the first few days flat on my back unconscious because I was slow to learn just how dominant he was. Unlike what you have here, no one is dominant in the pack except Nicholas. Anyway," Natasha tried to brush away the significance of her words with a wave of her hand. Sam made a mental note to come back to that when the two of them were alone together. "Elizabeth helped me to adjust, to learn how to survive under Nicholas without giving up an important part of myself. Together we tried to keep the other women and children safe from Nicholas as well as the elderly people. He doesn't have much need for anyone except warriors, he sees us all as means to an end. I'm a mean to a son, the elders help with alliances, which are tenuous at best, and the women maintain the home. But if it wasn't for the constant reminder he would banish them and leave them for dead."

"That's all well and good but I already knew what kind of man my brother is. Why are you here?"

"I, that is we were hoping you would help us."

"Help you to do what?" Nafarius knew he wasn't going to like the answer.

"Help us to get free of your brother." Natasha continued to be evasive.

"And how am I suppose to do that?"

"Welcome us into your pack."

"Anyone is welcome to join us my mother knows that."

"I know, but we need your help getting people out. We also need to know that you will defend us when he comes for us." Natasha sighed. "Nicholas won't be able to stand such an insult. The fact that his pack members leave will be bad enough but the fact that they come to you, is enemy will be the ultimate insult."

"Why are you coming to me? If you know that this will cause basically an all out war why not go to some one else?"

"Because you are the only one strong enough to protect us from him."

Nafarius stood with his arms crossed over his chest looking basically pissed, which was exactly how he felt. "I protect what is mine! If you and others of your pack decide to join with me then I, along with my men, will see that you are kept safe."

"What about me?" Natasha was afraid that because of her connection with his brother that Nafarius would turn her away.

"You are also welcome. Sam will see that you are settled in better quarters than these."

"Thank you but first I must go back and talk to the others."

"You will do no such thing!" That order came from the doorway. Turning Sam saw Roland standing just inside, his hands fisted at his side. "It was that bastard that beat you and left you for dead, wasn't it?"

Embarrassed, Natasha looked away. "He didn't know I had gone."

"How did you come to be in the northern woods?" The question came from Sam but everyone was curious.

"Nicholas and I had an argument, I waited until after he had left to go hunting and then Elizabeth helped me to escape. We both knew that something needed to be done. Nicholas is getting worse. He strikes out at everyone in his way, even his own men have started to fear him and a few have already deserted."

"You still haven't told us who beat you." Roland wanted to hear her say it. He still remembered the sight of her broken and battered in the woods. He could still smell her blood in his nostrils and remembered watching has his mistress fought to save her.

"Nicholas." Natasha stood and brushed the dirt of her skirt. "He's a beast and a bully which is why I won't just sit here while the members of my pack are systematically destroyed."

"Natasha, I want you to stay here with Sam, Roland and I will handle this. I promise you that we'll get the rest of your pack out safely, at least those that choose to come with us."

Natasha struggled against saying something. She wanted to go but Nafarius had agreed to help and she knew it was best to let him handle it. "There are only a few that will remain with him, however, if any of them should find out what you are doing they will warn Nicholas. I suggest finding your mother, she'll know who to pass the word to so that all is in place."

Nafarius nodded in dismissal and watched as Sam and Natasha slipped out past the curtain. "How long have you known?"

"She told me right before you called for her. Sam forbid me to accompany her to the meeting or else I would have been there to speak for her." Roland gave a slight bow. "I am sorry that I did not come and find you as soon as I found out. I was...worried that you would overreact and banish Natasha without first hearing her out."

Nafarius ran his hands across his face and sighed. "Which is exactly what I started to do."

"Why didn't you?" Roland had heard about the events that morning.

"I suddenly remembered how Sam had saved her. I was afraid that if I let Natasha go and Nicholas had sent her she would report back and he would eventually come looking for her. You and I both know how powerful of a weapon controlling another's animal could be. With my brother's pence for violence he is the last person we want exploiting such a thing."

"What are you going to do now?" Together the two men walked back to the common area. The evening meal was being served and after gathering their bowls the two men found a place to sit. Roland couldn't help but watch as Natasha helped Sam serving the stew and making sure that everyone had enough bread and something to drink. He gave Nafarius his full attention despite the fact that his eyes never left her.

"We'll take several men north, contact my mother and arrange a place to meet with all those that want to return with us. I figure it won't take long for Nicholas to figure out where they've gone. He'll move to attack but we'll be ready for them."

Nafarius watched Roland watching Natasha. "You really care for the woman?"

"Yes. I'm not sure how it happened but I guess finding her the way I did I now feel a sense of responsibility towards her."

"We mate for life." There was more than just a warning in that simple sentence.

"I know." Roland set aside his bowl and went to speak with Natasha. A few minutes later the two of them disappeared.

That night Sam stretched out beside her mate, her head resting on his shoulder while her hand swept across his chest. She touched him gently, softly bringing him to a low state of arousal and making him aware of her. He had been staring off into space most of the night and she decided it was time to give his brain a rest.

Rolling over on top of him she pressed her breasts against his chest and settled her knees on either side of his thighs. In this position she could feel his manhood pressed firmly against her flat stomach and by shifting slightly she was able to stroke up and down the length of him.

Nafarius growled, his eyes dropping slightly and moved to cup her face with his hands. Gently, he pulled her down for a long kiss. Their tongues mated, sweeping in and out of each other's mouth until they were panting to catch their breath. His hands moved from gently cupping her face to fiercely twisting her hair. Breaking free from their kiss he moved to lick and nip along her jaw, passing over the pulse in her throat before gripping her neck in his teeth. He held her still; his hands leaving her hair to slide down her back. Grabbing her hips he lifted her slightly, positioned himself under her opening and lowered her onto his shaft.

He was painfully hard and she was blissfully wet. Her heat enveloped him, her muscles gripping him tightly as he slowly slid in and out of her. He still held her neck between his teeth and in that moment he couldn't let go. While he slowly, gently plundered her body he couldn't keep from exerting some measure of dominance.

Sam moaned low in her throat. Never a passive lover she arched her back and started moving her hips, encouraging him to move deeper, to take more and to give back in return. Bracing her arms on either side of his head she gripped his hair and pulled him closer. "More."

Nafarius understood. Sam enjoyed their lovemaking but she enjoyed it more when he strove to take her, to conquer her and to make her his own. She was asking for that now, for him to plunder, ravage and rage. She wanted to feel his strength, to let their animals mate even if they remained in human form. Nafarius rolled pinning her beneath him and letting go of her neck. Rising above her he thrust forward violently, impaling her on his cock. She moaned and raised her hips wrapping her legs around him. He continued to pound her willing flesh, to drive her onward and upward to where she no longer thought of anything but him. Easily, he followed his senses filled with the scent of their lovemaking. The sound of flesh slapping against flesh echoed in the small room drowned out only by their moans and low growls of pleasure.

It wasn't long before they came together in a violent shudder. Nafarius continued to plunge, to press himself deeper into her until her contractions had milked him of his seed. It was only then that he collapsed on the ground beside her, cushioned by their pile of blankets.

The next morning Nafarius, Roland and several other men left for the north. Maddie waited with Sam and Natasha who had obviously come to care a great deal for Roland. Sam saw the way she looked at the young man and thought about all the complications. There was only one way that Roland and Natasha would be allowed to mate thought she suspected that hadn't kept them from sharing the same blankets.

Three long weeks later Nafarius returned with Roland and several others in tow. While it had only taken them three days to reach Nicholas' holding the return trip had been slowed by the presence of children and elderly folks. Surprisingly, all but three of Nicholas' pack had arrived at the designated time and place let my Elizabeth. As agreed they had waited until Nicholas and his most trusted men had ventured west to meet with a neighboring pack. He was expected to be gone for four or five nights, which would give them enough of a head start.

There had been no trouble along the way but Nafarius was tired and longed for his bed. Sam was so relieved to see him safe she almost cried. Maddie in fact did while Natasha immediately went about making sure that everyone was okay. The children were quickly settled in with the others and everyone seemed willing to donate whatever was needed to help the newest members comfortable. It turned out that more than a few had distant family ties all willing to take them in. By the end of the evening there were only four young adults added to the common area everyone else having family to bunk with.

Sam was impressed but not surprised by Natasha's obviously caring nature towards her pack. She had been helping Sam in her duties and Sam had sensed a sort of sorrow at the loss of her status as the leader's mate. It wasn't that Natasha worshiped the position of power but she obviously enjoyed caring for those around her.

The next few days were busy helping to get everyone settled, learning new ways to work together with a much larger pack and integrating a new hierarchy. Most of the new comers had been submissive in Nicholas' pack and were surprised to find themselves among equals. The most surprising development seemed to be the fact that not one member, new or old, rebelled against the changes.

Their first night together was one Sam would never forget. Apparently, there was something about welcoming new pack members that someone neglected to mention. She was sitting quietly, chatting with Maddie when the first new member silently approached. She recognized the traditional submissive posture but she wasn't sure how to proceed. She reached out and offered the young woman a gentle pat of affection before turning back to her conversation with Maddie.

Julie, the young woman, was deterred. She moved closer, leading her body up against Sam's thigh and pressed her nose under Sam's arm. Sniffing and smelling she moved slowly but effectively until she'd touched her entire body to Sam covering herself with her new mistress' scent. Others came forward all moving slowly until they surrounded her.

Looking up Sam saw Nafarius watching with bright eyes gone gold. Pack members were extremely affectionate with each other and open sexually. She understood that the newest members needed to be made a part of their pack and as mistress it was primarily up to her. With a mental shrug she let herself be moved by the pull of the pack until they lay together in a pile in the center of the room. There were hands roaming over her body, searching under her skirt and blouse and coming into contact with her skin.

The temperature of the room seemed to go up in degrees until she was covered with a fine sheen of sweat. Her senses were overwhelmed by the scent of the new pack members and she found herself reaching out, searching for individual members until she could identify each one.

It was intoxicating and it wasn't until later she realized that her clothes had been removed that she was lying in the middle of a pile of naked flesh. There were bodies surrounding her, pressing their flesh to hers. Several pairs of hands sought out her most private parts. Fingers stroked her breasts, pinching and pulling at her nipples while still others gently pulled her legs apart. At the same time she filled her hands with the soft flesh of a woman only to be replaced a moment later by the silk covered steel of a male member. No one sought to penetrate her for that was forbidden but each on took turns pleasuring her. There was a mouth on either breast, suckling and pulling the swollen flesh into the heat of their mouths. Another mouth covered her own, lips parting and tongues dueling as if to drink up each other's essence.

Opening passion filled eyes Sam saw that she wasn't the only one. Several members had moved towards each other, everywhere she looked flesh met flesh. Nafarius reclined back as another man bent over his cock and took it into his mouth. His hands were filled with ripe, apple-sized breasts as another woman lowered herself onto his face her head thrown back in pleasure.