You Win Some, You Lose Some

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What did you do?" 'Nissa asked, looking amazed at her reflection.

The lady replied smiling softly, "Everything I needed to do to make you look your best."

"But, all the makeovers I've ever had made me feel like I had to scrape everything off with a knife. You barely did anything, but look at me!" 'Nissa exclaimed, still astounded at the difference.

Smiling, the lady replied, "If I had changed your appearance with a lot of make up, it would only take away from how you look. You do have a natural beauty that too much makeup shouldn't be used on." Placing unopened containers of what she used on the counter for us to buy, she continued, "I wish I could use more of it so I could sell you a large quantity, but for you, it would only be gilding the lily. As little as you need to use for this effect, this will probably last you for months."

I wasn't really sure if Denissa knew what she meant, but I knew it was true. Getting off the stool to stand behind 'Nissa, the lady continued, "I have some contacts in the modeling field. Not fly-by-nights, but the big agencies. You are exactly the type of beauty they'd want." As she spoke, she used her fingers to lift Denissa's hair, running them through lightly to fluff it just a bit. Denissa was still looking at herself in the mirror, surprised expression meeting surprised expression. The lady bent down and whispered something to 'Nissa that I couldn't hear, then kissed her lightly on the cheek. 'Nissa blushed slightly, then murmured, 'Thanks!" and got up out of the chair.

I think Denissa was a little taken aback by the woman's kiss because she took my arm as we left. She looked back as we were walking away and apparently the lady was watching us leave, because 'Nissa smiled slightly and waved.

I leaned down and asked what the lady had said. "She said she wished she looked like me," Denissa replied. "Then she said if I ever got tired of men to come find her."

I grinned, knowing that as conservatively as she'd been raised the woman's sexual overture had shocked Denissa to the core. Not exactly what I had in mind, but it worked. Walking around the corner, Denissa was still talking about the lady and how surprised she was at her pass. I stopped her for a moment and said, "'Nissa, look. Guys like to watch you because you are beautiful. And at the same time they shy away from you because they're afraid of you. Afraid of being rejected by you. Men have fragile egos and don't really know how to handle a woman who has such a great body and such a pretty face."

"Women have fragile egos too, and you're no exception. Each and every woman has her own beauty that she needs to find and expose in the best way she can find. They see the stereotypes on television and movies, in magazines, both the fashion and even the Playboy magazines and they don't feel like they can measure up."

"Men usually aren't much help because when we see that beauty, we immediately clam up, or change the subject or all the blood rushes to a different part of the body and our brains shut down." I pulled her to a nearby mirror and moved behind her, taking her hands again so I could hold her arms away from her body. "But you need to see the shape of your body, its form. Look at its curves, the shapes it defines. This is a classic shape. A thing of beauty to the eye of the beholder, but so many eyes behold you and can't express the feelings of eroticism you cause."

Releasing her hands, I moved my fingers to her face and started tracing the lines of her brow. Her cheeks, her lips. Describing each to her as others saw them, not as she saw them. People walked by us, looking then turning away because they had no idea what to say, and no idea what was going on, which was just as well as neither Denissa or I was paying the slightest attention to the passers-by.

Finally, I turned her around again to face me. "You see," I said, "it's not your lack of beauty that people are looking at, but your wealth of it." Her face was downcast as she tried to accommodate this new information about herself. In a brief time it's hard to change the self-image we've acquired over the years, and she was having some difficulties.

I looked at my watch and saw it was almost 3:00. We needed to do a little more shopping, get back to the hotel and prepare for the evening, so I took her arm this time, and pointed her toward our next destination.

Denissa's face turned a light shade of red as we walked into the lingerie department. The clerk, a waspish male in his '40s came up to us and with the lightest trace of a lisp asked if he could be of assistance. "Yes," I replied, "we need to locate a garter belt, stockings and a matching bra and panty set to fit this lovely lady."

He stepped back a moment, then said, "I believe we have just the thing for you, my dear. Follow me." We trailed behind the clerk as he went around the shelves picking up boxes and packages for Denissa to try on. He was humming a Broadway show tune as he collected the lingerie and stopped from time to time to look at her. "36 C," he said one time, like a man who obviously knew his clientele. "I think a size 5," he mumbled another, knowingly. When he had picked out the things he wanted, he directed, "Ok, now. Come with me."

He led us to the dressing rooms and suggested, "Use the first door on the left. I think a woman with your coloration and complexion will look absolutely stunning in this outfit." Denissa took the packages and with a slightly querulous look at me, headed into the designated room. A few minutes later, she came back out, still dressed. "Um. How do you work this?" she asked, holding out the garter belt to the clerk. "Oh, honey, it's easy," he giggled, showing her how to manipulate the garters to hold up the hosiery. A couple of minutes of quick instruction and 'Nissa was ready to try it again. As she headed back to the dressing room, he called after her, "Don't forget to adjust it in the back first!" She turned back, and nodded with a slight flush.

About 10 minutes later, she came back out. "Everything fits wonderfully!" she said. "Although I'm not completely sure about the stockings." "When you had them on, did they pull smooth across your calves and thighs?" the clerk asked. "Yes," she said, "they fit fine, but I've never had hosiery that had a seam in them."

"Oh, don't worry about that. Just as long as the seam is in the back, and they're straight, you'll look fabulous!" he gushed, waving his hand in dismissal. He helped us collect all the packages, which we took up front to add to the rest. I called the limo driver, and he helped us load Denissa's loot into the car and drove us back to the hotel.

Looking at my watch, I saw it was just a bit after 4:00. I told the driver to meet us in front about 5:30, and then called ahead to be sure the restaurant/club had our reservations. With everything set for the evening's plans, I took Denissa's arm and escorted her and her packages up to my suite.

The driver put the packages into the spare bedroom while I talked to Denissa. "Ok," I started, "we've got to hurry just a bit because I don't want Tom to wait too long for us in the lobby, but I want you looking perfect for him when we're done. Go take a quick shower, then get dressed while I get ready."

She smiled and then came into my arms, giving me a quick kiss on the lips and a big hug. "I don't know what to say. Thank you seems so inadequate for everything you've said and all the beautiful clothes." I gave her a quick squeeze, turned her toward the bedroom. "Just enjoy tonight, and the rest of your life," I said. "That's the thanks I want. Now, hurry!" I grinned, as I watched her walk into the bedroom, kicking off her shoes as she went.

Forty-five minutes later, I was ready. Suit on, tie tied correctly (after the third try... why are those confounded things such a pain?) Shoes quick polished with a dry towel, etc. I walked into the living area almost expecting Denissa to be ready, but wasn't terribly surprised when she wasn't.

A few minutes later, she stuck her head out of the bedroom. "Um, can you help me please?" she asked in an almost little girl voice. I walked into the bedroom to see what the problem was. "I can't seem to get this garter thing right and the seams straight too," she said, with a slightly frustrated tone in her voice. "It seemed so easy at the store."

I smiled and replied, "Ok. Turn around." Nope, the seams weren't straight and somehow something else was wrong too. I knelt behind her. "Lift your skirt." She raised it a couple of inches. I snickered, "A little more." A couple more inches and I could see the flesh above the stockings, the curve of her panty-covered behind peeking out just a tad. I looked up at her, only to see her grinning at me over her shoulder. "Oh, being a little tease, are we?" I grinned back at her, to which her reply was to wiggle her behind in my face. I gave that delectable wiggle a little "pop" and she squeaked.

"Ok, sexy," I said, "we don't have time to play right now, so just cooperate and we'll see what you've done here." She gave back a tiny pout, but raised her skirt enough so I could see she'd crossed the straps on the garter belt. And she had the garter straps over her panties, which could spell disaster. I unhooked the straps, slid them through her panties on the left side, reconnecting them after running my hands up her shapely leg to make sure the seam was straight. As I was doing the same thing to the right leg, she clamped her legs together just as I got to the top of the stocking, trapping my hand mere inches away from her crotch. I looked up to see she was looking at me with that playful expression again, but this time it mixed lust and mischievousness.

"Mmmmm!" she said "what a firm touch you have, sir." I gripped her leg, loving the feel of the nylon under my fingers. "I'm liable to have something else firm besides my grip if you don't let go, little girl." I said, grinning back at her. She smiled and loosened her hold on my hand quickly. I wasn't expecting her to let go so suddenly, and my hand slid up and bumped softly into her pussy. I could feel the moist heat there, even though I pulled it back almost as fast as it happened. She gasped a little, then 'Mmmm'ed her approval.

I finished hooking her stockings back up with a slight tremble in my fingers. She asked why I'd put the garter straps under the panties instead of over them. "You may have to pee sometime," I said with a grin, standing back up, "and unless you want me to come into the Ladies bathroom and fix your stockings again, I think this is a little better."

She got this amused look on her face, imagining me in the Ladies room on my knees getting her seams straight. "No," she giggled, "we don't want you to get arrested!" I grinned, picking up her silk jacket from the bed and urged, "Come on. We're going to be late."

I held the jacket open for her, and she worked her arms into it. Then she backed slowly up into me, as she pulled my arms around her, almost in a protective way. I held her a second then said, "We've got to go, 'Nissa. Tom's waiting." She whispered, "I know. I just want this moment with you holding me. You've shown me things about myself today I didn't know existed. In a way, it's a little scary, but I know it's the fear of something new and it'll go away. Please hold me a moment, then we can go."

I held her that way for more than a moment and enjoyed it. Denissa's a cuddly armful to have, so I took the opportunity to enjoy her scent, the softness of her hair, the soft firmness of her body. I kissed the top of her head, and murmured with a slight sense of regret, "C'mon, little greedy. It's time to go."

She stepped away from me, but kept my right hand held firmly in her left, as we walked out the door to the elevators. --------------------------------------------------

Practice Makes Perfect

"You're going to make quite an entrance when these doors open," I said to her. She smiled, finally feeling the confidence in herself that she deserved to feel. "I was just thinking about that," she declared. "I can't wait to see Tom's face when he sees me wearing such a great dress -- one like this one -- especially because I've never done anything like this."

Looking at me, she giggled, "But I'm almost as anxious to see how the other men in the lobby look at me. I want to feel their eyes on me." She was confident, but still needing the approval. The way she was dressed, the clingy dress, the seamed stockings, she'd get looked at for sure. The elevator made its way to the lobby and, just as the doors started to open, she squeezed my hand hard. I squeezed back my encouragement.

The doors opened, and we walked into the lobby, her heels clicking on the tile. I won't say every pair of eyes found her, but those that didn't definitely missed a treat. I stopped just outside the elevator and let her go on unescorted. Desk clerks stopped conversations and looked, porters left bags unwatched as their eyes found her legs and moved upward. Guests, males and females alike saw the subtle shifts of light shimmering on the silk jacket and satin dress. Denissa's head moved from side to side, looking for Tom, first and foremost, but also not missing the effect she was having as she made her way through the lobby.

Seeing him at last, near the doors, she hurriedly walked (not quite a run since she wasn't used to the shoes) and they hugged tight. Somewhere along the line, she must've picked up a little Brigitte Bardot as she lifted the heel of her right foot as she leaned into the kiss.

I smiled broadly at the overall effect. It was pure show, almost exhibitionistic in its own way. She played it perfectly, and absolutely reveled in the attention. In a way, I was hoping she didn't go too far overboard with this, or poor Tom may not be able to keep up!

I caught up to them, and appraised their new look together. Jerome had spiffed Tom up right. An off the rack suit which had been retailored to fit Tom quite well, a fresh haircut and a good, close shave and Denissa in her new clothes contrasting our dark, sharp suits perfectly. Tonight was going to be special, and all three of us could feel it.

Tom was talking to Denissa, his admiring words seeming to rush out in a never-ending torrent. She was smiling, and trying to get him to slow down, so she finally kissed him to shut him up. Right at that moment, I saw our limo pull around to pick us up.

I said "Ok, you two. Break it up so we can go, or take it back upstairs. Which will it be?"

They broke the kiss and looked at me, grinning. Tom said "If you think we're going to miss what you've got planned, you've got another think coming." Denissa concurred. "So far, today has been wonderful, and I don't think tonight will be any less spectacular. Let's go!" And with that, she pulled Tom toward the door.

Mitch opened the door for her, just in time as she wasn't paying attention and would've run into it if he hadn't. I smiled at him as we walked outside to the waiting limo. Hurrying so he could outrun Denissa to the limo, Mitch opened the car door to allow her entrance. She caught his eye, and said "Thanks!" and when she moved to get in, she gave Mitch a view all the way to the Promised Land because the way she got in was most unladylike. His jaw dropped in astonishment and wonder and the expression on Denissa's face was priceless. She loved the tease. She loved the power she'd discovered, and she wasn't afraid to use it.

Tom stood stock still until I nudged him. He almost fell into the car as stunned as he was, but we got him settled down and I sat on the seat opposite them. Mitch closed the door and we headed off to the club. When the door closed, Denissa started laughing, and Tom just sat, stunned at the display she'd put on. She reached up and pulled his face to her and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Tom, honey," she said, catching his attention. He looked at her, his expression still a little stunned. She smiled and repeated, "Honey, I'm still me. A better me. A freer me. I still love you with all my heart, and I hope you still love me. I've grown a lot today." As she said that she looked at me and then back at Tom. "So I'm going to take advantage of what I've learned."


He shook his head slightly "'Nissa, I'm going to love you, regardless of what you've learned or what you do. I'm trying to catch up is all. You've made so many changes, so fast. It's hard to believe."

I proclaimed, "Sometimes it seems fast, Tom. But when a change is made, it's made. It's like turning on a light switch and flooding the whole room with light. The reason changes seem to take a long time is because of the decision making process."

He nodded, understanding. "Like picking out a stain for a table. You go through all the samples, sometimes dozens of times before saying, "That's it! Right there."

"Exactly." I replied. Denissa cuddled close to Tom as we rode, which was the best thing I'd seen all day. Well, not as hot as taking a peek under her dress as I was fixing her garter belt, but just as satisfying. Maybe even more so.

We pulled into the club right on time. I'd picked this particular club because it had very good food, but also because it had a good band and a decent sized dance floor for after dinner festivities. The driver parked, then came around and opened the door for us. He was treated to a somewhat less provocative show than Mitch had received, but he didn't look disappointed. Denissa showed a lot of leg, but not anywhere near as much. I think she'd decided that shocking Tom once was a good thing, but too much of a good thing was -- well -- too much.

We entered the foyer of the restaurant and the gatekeeper recognized me. It had been a while but when Andy and I were still together, we ate there quite often when in town. He escorted us to a rounded booth near the back, in a quiet section of the dining area conducive to conversation. Menus were handed out, and he told us about the specials. After taking our drink order, he left us to make our choices.

Denissa wiggled out of her jacket, which left her shoulders bare and, as she leaned over to look at her menu, gave a wonderful view of cleavage. I must've been staring a bit, as she looked up at me and gave me another of those mischievous smiles. She hunched her shoulders just a bit, which deepened the cleavage enough for me to glimpse her bra under her dress. Grinning back, I tapped on my menu to remind her why we were here. She gave me just the slightest hint of a pout, her lower lip rolling out a tad. She returned her attention to her menu as did I after glancing over to Tom. I was amused to see a light smile on his face as he'd caught the interplay between Denissa and me.

Appetizers, soup, dinner, dessert all followed suit. Waiters were very attentive, but I knew it was due to the chance to look down Denissa's top more than it was to my notoriety. She smiled at either Tom or me as our main waiter left the table, simply swimming in the attention she was receiving. Tom was loving it too, pleased with his wife's attitude changes, and proud that she was his wife. He was finally able to show her off to everyone because she ~wanted~ to be shown off. I could feel the happiness between them and the sexual tension was slowly building.

Dessert and after dinner drinks finally finished, we proceeded to the dance area to enjoy the entertainment. As we walked in, the band began playing some fast dance music. I noticed it was a different band than the one that had been here when I'd come with Andy. Our eyes adjusted to the lower lighting, then we made our way to a table near the dance floor. Denissa had expressed a desire to "boogie down" and Tom was more than happy to let her.

I sat at the table as she and Tom danced for three fast songs. I'd taken the liberty of ordering us drinks while they were on the floor. I figured since they were going to be somewhat hot after exerting themselves, and a bit full from dinner, I ordered light drinks for them. Denissa's face was flushed when they got back to the table and they were both very happy and animated, talking back and forth about how long it had been since they'd been able to cut loose and really have some fun.