All Comments on '101 In the Shade Pt. 02'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 106 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 8 years ago
Well, I 5 starred it BUT .....

This was supposed to be sweet, fun and sexy. It was. No doubt about that, but in term of story construction , the standards are very high for Jimbob44. My main quibble ( not complaint ) is that the death of Candy in first installment removed all meaningful opposition or tension .

The fact that Clay found a veritable treasure trove in last installment removed any fiscal tension that could have arisen while he was searching for liquor formula. He or sisters should have lucked into money late in 2nd installment. One other grouse is how many lol lines that this author gives to fantastic supporting characters like Shakespeare. But in this installment the 3 main actors hogged the stage a bit much.

The story ended on a loving predictable way. I like that, but a few more twists and turns to that destination with a cliff hanger before resolution is the standard expected when the author has the elite talent of Jimbob44. So I will grumble before awarding full marks. *****

VanadornVanadornabout 8 years ago

I always enjoy JimBob's stories, slice of life style insights into the ever growing, ever expanding, interconnected world that surrounds Bender and DeGarde.

Thanks again

-V

redlion75redlion75about 8 years ago

if he was a great grand son of the original maker of the whiskey then should he not own the rights to it? did colleen get her kids from him and did ginger get over it?

dinkymacdinkymacabout 8 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for sharing.

SirCarlSirCarlabout 8 years ago
NO!! You do NOT

Suck! This was extremely well thought out, written, and presented.

mspervy46mspervy46about 8 years ago
Excellent

Very well done honey, you don't need to change a thing. the only thing I want to know is did Colette have a child by him a well. I believe you have a right to tell the story a you want it told. If those others complain too much, tell them to write their own story and to piss off. Thank you again, very well done. If you have any issues with Literotica you can switch your stories over to wattpad, like "mygypsy" did with her long running story.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 8 years ago
Very well done !

Thoroughly enjoyed this!

chip812chip812about 8 years ago
Awesome story!

I don't know if you read the comments that people leave, but I'd rather post here than to bother you with a PM.

I really thing that you have enough loose ends and material to make at least two more posts. Ginger has a lot of potential as a 'stalker' or 'trouble-maker'. Perhaps add her to his 'harem'. Plus I would like to see him marry both of the girls. Ok, one... the other would have to be his 'secret' wife. I think there is potential for him to 'come to the rescue' of one or both of the girls to 'save' them from unwanted attention for stalker-ish person(s).....

Thanks for writhing these stories. :)

JBOATJBOATabout 8 years ago
Good writing

Don't let any critics get to you, JimBob. Your writing flows smoothly, and your characters are well developed. We care what happens to these people in future installments. I particularly like the Cajun setting.

DixalotDixalotabout 8 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed this story and encourage you to write more like it. Well thought out and a great angle.

Rapier875Rapier875about 8 years ago
Well I liked it !

The only thing I would suggest, is when you switch from one scene to another, put a break or marker between the paragraphs so we can see there is a change, otherwise it is difficult to realise you've swapped across.

Other than that, I think you write a pretty good story !

gtcapgtcapabout 8 years ago
I liked it

Yes it had a long build up but everything was brought together in the end.

RasmatRasmatabout 8 years ago
Really hate to see "the end"...

If it truly is the end. I agree that there is seed for several more parts to this most enjoyable story. Please consider continuation. Whatever you post next, I'm sure will be well worth reading, but many of us feel there's more to 101 in the shade. Five well earned stars. Thank you.

Robert

Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftabout 8 years ago
This was one hell of a good story

Great work.

Would've liked this to be a series. But what you've done is damn good.

IntelligenceloverIntelligenceloverabout 8 years ago
As interesting as Steinbeck and hauntingly erotic as well.

Well JimBob44 I don't think any of the complaints written above are applicable. You must know that in reality a good story is essential to any quality writing, and that people will, driven by their own emotions, intelligence [Or lack thereof.] will drive their comments. Some come here looking for and liking dime-store smut, others, like I, are interested in a serious story.

Reb1861Reb1861about 8 years ago

dont change anything with either pt 1 or pt 2. i loved em.

auhunter04auhunter04about 8 years ago

got a good chuckle out of your post script

You forgot to include the ASSNomouse critics

I was lost for a bit when the plot shifted, that's ok, Its your story

I have a few quibbles, but it your story

AND I damn well like it

reader13reader13almost 8 years ago
Disclaimers not needed

You don't need disclaimers for this story. I find it very well done. Congratulations on a fine piece of work.

onebadroachonebadroachalmost 8 years ago
Loved it!

Great story. Couldnt stop reading until it was done

TossawayTossawayalmost 8 years ago
ASSanonomous Comments Be Damned FUN STORIES 5*

I thoroughly enjoyed both parts. Those negative commenters are wrong, but let's see them write a GOOD EROTIC STORY!!! I agree with other positive commenters, DON'T CHANGE A THING. I had no trouble following the characters, plot, or overall writing.

WELL DONE!! 5* Would like to make it 10*, but Lits' Rules.

scotlytscotlytalmost 8 years ago
Great story

I really enjoyed your story. I thought you did a great job.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 8 years ago
I tried to "Favorite" this story, it was already there.

Thank you for writing this great little story, I really enjoyed it. Never mind the critics, let them do better if they can. It is YOUR story, write it as you like it. You made it come out right when he softened toward the girls, fault lay with someone else.

SouthernPassion53SouthernPassion53over 7 years ago
Well done.

You could drag another chapter out of the story, but it is excellent the way it is. A 3rd chapter would be like the remake of Ghostbusters: Yeah it got done but what a waste of time.

OlebillOlebillover 7 years ago
Well done.

Loved every word. Did good.keep it up

sqzrplzrsqzrplzrover 7 years ago
Enjoyable read

Thoroughly enjoyable read that doesn't. "Need " an editor. Isn't "too long" considering the story development. Doesn't "jump around " too much considering the number of character's and the catagory is exactly where you the author want it to be. Keep up the enjoyable writing

robsmindrobsmindover 7 years ago
A decent read

I enjoyed it.

CplBlogginsCplBlogginsover 7 years ago
Wow

This is the second time I've read this series. I would love to read an epilogue or 3rd chapter.

Dubby49Dubby49about 7 years ago

What I like is that your characters look and behave like REAL people.

sali6435sali6435about 7 years ago
excellent tale

Thankyou, i really enjoyed this story. The buildup and delivery was very well done. Though this story could have had more chapters.

SensualleeSensualleeabout 7 years ago
It was fun to read.

It was initially a bit confusing to make the needed connection, but once then connections were made clear it was enjoyable. What I liked best was there was no one submitting to the oppressive sexual intimidation of others. Every one participating in activities wanted to be where they were and they enjoyed the experience.

BigGirlLoversBigGirlLoversover 6 years ago

Great story lived the fact there was a good story line

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good read. Good story.

Really good job. I liked the storyline and really enjoyed that it had a fun plot.

MDG1969MDG1969over 6 years ago
Great story, even better final disclaimer!!!!

The final disclaimer is by far the very best disclaimer I have ever read on this site!!!!

duke0467duke0467over 6 years ago
I intend to plagerize ...

this for an article I am writing, but I offer you the right to say no. Just send me an email.

thedayafterthedayafterover 6 years ago

This is a great story.... enough said!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I really enjoined the storg, just wish you continud on, as there is a lot more could there

Love it, ended too soonA

eros53eros53almost 6 years ago
Heartwarming

Real people, real situations, real heartache, real love. Believable characters and a wonderful story. Thanks for the ride!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved it!

Keep them coming

peterg55peterg55over 5 years ago
You are wrong!

I don't know what you were drinking when you wrote those comment at the end of the story, it must have been some really bad hooch.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your tale and while there may be better stories around, there are certainly hundreds of worse ones. Keep on writing for our mutual pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Now that's a good romance story.

I read both parts back to back and enjoyed them. Sure you could use and editor and the relationship between Toni and Anita etc was not clear to me, also it seems to be in the wrong category. You can always get a proofreader to catch mistakes. Also write stories about Anita and Toni maybe?

tower1604tower1604over 5 years ago
Great, well written story.

The story was well laid out. I felt the characters were strong and clearly identified. The sex was moulded into the story very well, think it needed another few chapters to finish story though. Solid 4* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Clear mind

Hey i read the whole thing it was for my opinion very appealing in the growth of the emotions just needs more seasoning you got the story.

Subject117Subject117over 5 years ago

Read this 4 times, great story, would like it to continue, lot more story left. Especially, with the new arrival and the future of Collette.

txcrackertxcrackerover 5 years ago
Great Again!

5*s Gin if they would let me !

Thanks for another Great read

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow.

Amazing read. I don't read these stories for the sex. I love finding the Authors who know how to weave a good tail. This was one of the best I've found on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
continuing

Sorry but I think you should continue with this story. Because their life need to be longer

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It feels so real...

What I like very much on your writing style is that it feels like a real Story told from a good friend...

It doesn‘t need to be „Perfect“ behause it‘s a tale told by a friend.

Written from people to be read by people and not by writing experts with a degree in literature.

So please don‘t you Listen to all that „Holier than Thou“ attitude claiming shit.

And keep on developing your Stories.

Remember: They‘re YOURS ! And you‘re so friendly, sharing them with US.

If I was invited to a dinner at a friends house I wouldn‘t complain that he - or she - is not a professional Chef. If it‘s cooked with love it‘s a Subjekt of apreciation and perfect to me.

The Rest of all the critics can tell me that the only eat in Restaurants listet by the Guide Michelin...

... Thank you for your great work !

Alatah

KattrinaJonesKattrinaJonesabout 5 years ago
The best ever !!!

I have been reading a lot of stories on this web site. This has to be the most revealing and enticing story I have read up to date. All I can say is that you have a true gift for this type of writing, and I hope you continue to do this. All my love and friendship.

DarkmantimDarkmantimabout 5 years ago
Nice story

Just read your story and it's really a great piece

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
101 next chapter?

I bet you could find a couple more chapters

Can't wait

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 5 years ago

Just re-read this story and would love a continuation to it there's still some much to be said.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 5 years ago
Very nice story

Thanks for a nice gentle read. Loved the characters and the story line. Thank god for forgiveness!!

cerabuscerabusalmost 5 years ago
great read

Ive been reading alot of the stories on here over the past few years .. this series has got to be one of the best I've read . Jumped around alot , but once you got the jist of what was happening it all made sense. I just wish there was more .. a couple more chapter wouldn't hurt would it ?????

BlueRocket126BlueRocket126almost 5 years ago
Hmmm...

As you put at the end there mistakes but again to a not very observant person they wouldn't notice such as a she instaed of a he in part 1.

Other than that a very enjoyable read,well done and keep it up.

SAV12SAV12almost 5 years ago
JIMBOB44

JUST A GREAT STORYLINE. I WISH HE WOULD HAVE CONTINUED TO ENLIGHTEN US OF ANY TROUBLE FROM GINGER, HOW COLLETTE BECOMES A TEACHER OR NOT, AND HOW COLLEEN LOVES BEING A MOTHER. BUT HEY, BRAVO!

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601over 4 years ago
Excellent story! But....

I just can’t help myself here.

As an aficionado of distilled spirits, I have one question: How can you make a top notch whiskey without aging it for a MINIMUM of two years? Even bargain basement Jim Beam ages for four years, and finer whiskeys age for at least eight. (If you want a taste treat try Elijah Craig’s 23 year Bourbon.)

But, other than that, a wonderful tale!

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 4 years ago
Thank you

You've put yourself down enough, in jest I hope, with your afterword. Lovely story, very happy he was able to move past the resentment Candy fostered in him.

Its a longer story, but that lets it actually be a story, and not just a quick fuck fest. I vastly prefer being able to enjoy a good piece of writing. Only thing I'm really hoping is that Collette has a conversation when (and hopefully not if) she thinks to go through with her thoughts.

linnearlinnearover 4 years ago
Great Story

A very enjoyable read, I thought he was awfully hard on the girls, especially as they were so young.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 4 years ago
Brilliant

Still one of the best stories I've read on here, even if it's the fourth time I've read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very uninteresting.

I'm baffled by the amount of votes and likes for this. Compared to so many others this story is incredibly dull, and the writing is very unnatural.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

Good story. I enjoyed the build up, it gave the reader a chance to get into the mindset of the characters.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Good story developed characters and had them grow and change

4 stars only give 5 rarely has to be exceptionally written and sorry ending I consider good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Sweet Story

I am a sucker for a romantic happy ending. Loved this story. The writing is easy to follow. There could have been more secondary character development but overall the story was a very pleasant read. Thanks.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 4 years ago
OMG!!

I loved your last comment so much I wet myself I was laughing so hard!! Coughing too! I loved the story, but I want more. Please keep writing, I’ll keep reading!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Enjoyed the story, the way the story started off kind of the me for a minute, then I realized it was in more of a novel format. The ending came quicker than I thought, not sure what I was expecting... No complications and a happy ending though, so I'm happy with that! :)

Didn't get her comment about anal being messy, no more than regular sex, still have to go sit on the pot afterwards, unless you just want to walk around all day with your guys stuff in you ;)

SAV12SAV12almost 4 years ago
A VERY GOOD STORY!

THIS IS A VERY GOOD STORY, BUT I THOUGHT YOU RUSHED IT AT THE END. WHAT HAPPENED WITH GINGER SUSPECTING THE TRIOS RELATIONSHIP? WHAT HAPPENED TO COLLETTE? DOES SHE BECOME THE TEACHER SHE WANTS TO BE? OR DOES JEALOUSY GET IN THE WAY OF THE SISTERS LOVE FOR EACH OTHER, AND CLAY? A 5 *** STORY ANYWAY.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 4 years ago

Good story. Every thing I wrote about part 1 applies here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I have to say I loved this story it made me laugh and cry (a little) other all the right elements for a great story which it is

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 stars!

Hell, I gave you five stars just for your disclaimers! ;) The story is pretty good too.

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
Excellent 5 star story!

Loved both chapters. Thank you JimBob!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

JB - read all your "core" LW stories and now starting on the Incest genre (depending which way they go since I don' "do" father/daughter). This series was really well done. I only wish we would have had the privilege of the "rest of the story". 5*

cvmawirenutcvmawirenutabout 3 years ago
An entertaining story

Excellent job of spanning the years from anger and ill will to finally find happiness and fulfillment. Well told story that I heartily award 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Most impressed

I have now read this story at least four times and it never gets old.

Would love to see at least one more chapter

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Lovely story shame it finished

Well worth the 5/5 I gave it.

PdgriggsPdgriggsabout 3 years ago

A great story. Loved the interaction of the well developed characters. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the best stories i have read on this site. Great job

LovereadingyoursLovereadingyoursover 2 years ago

I really don't pay attention to others negative comments. I rarely leave comments, but I will say I truly enjoyed this story. WELL DONE

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done, Really enjoyed this one. Wish we saw a bit more of their lives together.

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

Great Story. Well written.

dikupinyadikupinyaover 2 years ago
great story

plenty of room for more

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was a well paced story. Some might find it hard to follow but pity on them. The story had a heart and showed some real emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent. I cried at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If you don't care about readers' comments, why allow comments? If you write only for your own enjoyment, why post?

FWIW (nothing, apparently) I enjoyed this series.

calitankcalitankabout 2 years ago

I loved it. You are a good writer. I am now going to read more of your stories

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Great ending!

10/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Piss on your detractors!!!!!! Ok, your stories do jump around some, but dammit, I LIKE YOUR STORY!!!!

WRITE ON!!

ocaladouglasocaladouglasalmost 2 years ago

very interesting story loved how bad feelings turned into very good feelings and love

TheOldStudTheOldStudalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely fantastic!! I didn't want this one to end. The plot, character development, everything was perfect. Thank you, JimBob44!!!

KirkandSweeneyKirkandSweeneyalmost 2 years ago

Very entertaining story! I didn’t mind the minor grammatical issues at all, and I’m a tight assed editor type. Anybody who bitches about your stories should be sent the big jug of the anal desensitizing cream…

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To hell with the people that bitch on you. was a good story and the possibilties are endless. Keep going as you wish. Biscuit Hammer is another good story teller. I have one I would like to try, but not sure.

blackknight314blackknight314almost 2 years ago

Good job, thanks for sharing your work!

collin4xxxcollin4xxxover 1 year ago

Great story…. Although I was anxiously waiting for him to get his other sister pregnant too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thorougly enjoyed this story and if you ever decide to expand on it feel free because I will DEFINITELY jump on it .

SAV12SAV12over 1 year ago

FORGET THE NAY SAYERS. THIS WAS A VERY GOOD STORY AND FUN TO READ. IT WAS ALSO MY SECOND GO AT IT AND STILL FOUND IT ENJOYABLE. PLEASE EXPAND ON THE STORY. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW HOW THE TRIO HAS WORKED OUT THEIR FUTURE TOGETHER.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for your wonderful story.5 stars gpa

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Glad to see things finally come, no pun intended, together for the three of them. Didn't see where Clay and Colleen got married, maybe I just missed it. Seeing that they were never adopted by Clay's father, there's no way they are related so he could have married one and kept fucking both of them. Only thing I disagreed with was the way Clay took Coleen virgin ass. Didn't seem like there was much love in that. Still gave it a five though.

HOG57headHOG57headover 1 year ago

Loved the story. I wish you would reconsider continuing this story. Anyway, thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good, Good story. Better this time than the first time that I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I just don't see it working; he's just way too much of an asshole. Fuck the people that blow smoke up the author's ass telling him it's good. It's not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I would love for this to continue, like 5 or 10 years from when the story took place. One thing that that should've taken place, is that Clay should have confronted his dad and Candy sometime before they died, then continue it from his dad was complaining about the air conditioner.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
5093 Followers
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES