3 Families Vol. 02 Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If you leave her alone I will promise to be a good girl and go to whatever Taylor family thing you want me to and pretend to actually like you but if you do anything to her I promise you I will give you hell like you have never seen."

"Young lady how dare you speak to me like..." Dad began to but she cut him off.

"How dare I. How dare you. You sleep around when mom is in the hospital with cancer. You try and bribe me not to tell mom; you make mom think I am lying when I do tell her and you have the nerve to call me a slut." She said. She saw the words cut mom a little too but it needed to be said. He had been the one who destroyed the relationship between them, not her.

"You're grounded you little..." Dad began to say before mom cut him off.

"You should leave." Mom said.

"Gladly." Kitty began to storm off.

"Not you sweetheart, your father." Mom said looking at dad.

"What, you're going to let her just..." Edward began to say before she cut him off with her cold tone.

"This is my house Edward, you have no right to do anything to my daughter in my house now please leave before I call the cops and have you arrested for trespassing and say that you attacked one of my guest in my home and she defended herself." Mom crossed her arms and glared at him. He didn't say another damn word and stormed out. Mom was silent as she went to the cabinet and poured herself a glass of wine.

"So how did it feel?" Mom looked over at her.

"How did what feel?" Kitty asked a little stunned.

"To finally tell him what you thought of him." Mom walked toward her carrying two glasses and not just one.

"Damn good." Kitty shrugged though it felt like a hollow victory. Kitty took the glass from her mother; she never had a drink with her mom before.

"He will hold you to that. What you said about pretending to be his daughter in public." Mom took a sip of her glass.

"I know." Kitty sighed taking a sip; it was pretty damn good though Kitty preferred something harder.

"And he will expect you to stop seeing Joanna." Mom said taking another

"I know." Kitty nodded. Jo deserved someone better anyways.

"You love her." Mom smiled at her.

"I don't know." Kitty downed the rest of the glass.

"I wasn't asking dear, I was just stating a fact." Mom smiled.

"I am going to go lay down in my room." Kitty said.

"Okay Kitten." Mom leaned in and Gave Kitty a kiss on the cheek. She hadn't called her that in a very long time. Kitty went up to her room and sighed as she took a small box out of her bedside table and pulled out the dog tag necklace and dangled it in the air looking at the picture of the wolf on it. She figured it fit Jo who didn't typically wear jewelry, plus her favorite animal was the wolf which was her dad's nickname in his biker days because of his fierceness and intelligence. She was going to give it to Jo and tell her she loved her. Kitty threw it across the room as she began to cry.

Summer 1999

Alex stood at the stove cooking dinner for his mom and his sister. Knowing he wouldn't get many more chances, stirring the barbecue sauce trying to get his dads recipe right while the ribs boiled before he took them out to the grill.

"Something smells good?" Kitty said as she came in.

"Hey what are you doing here, what the fuck happened to you." Noticing she had a busted lip and was limping a little on her knee.

"Me and Jo kissed and made up." She shrugged.

"Do I want to know?" Alex groaned.

"Probably not, let's just say it was something we both needed to get out of our system." She smiled sitting down as she jumped up on the counter.

"Well at least you two are still alive; she is alive right?" Alex said as he walked over to the fridge.

"Yes, I promise she is still very much alive and kicking, well not kicking that's my thing." She mused. He tossed her a bag of frozen peas. "I need to know are you really going to go off to college with Jo." She asked as he realized that they hadn't really talked about it.

"I don't know I mean, I had planned on it, mom's been pushing, the only thing keeping me here was Candy and now. Well." Alex said as he grabbed a soda and offered her one as well but she shook her head no. Jo was trying to convince him to stay knowing how much he wanted to be here for mom and the baby and Candy was trying to get him to go, knowing he wanted to go upstate. Neither of which made sense to him, Jo had been pissed that he had just rolled over and accepted Candy's decision for them to break up.

"There is something you need to know. Just don't try and kill the messenger." She took a deep sigh as he walked over and sat beside her.

"Candy would kill me if she knew I told you but..." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "She is pregnant."

"What." Alex said a little stunned. The news hit him like a ton of bricks.

"The baby is Thomas's, she wants to get in touch with him but he is on vacation with his family and that isn't something you share over the phone." Kitty shrugged and took his drink from him apparently a little dry mouthed now. "She didn't break up with you because of what she said, hell I didn't even know you two had broken up till today; she is worried about you staying to take care of her and the baby the way you always do you know with your whole superman complex."

"Batman." He said just out of spite.

"Whatever." She said handing his drink back. "She loves you, which is why she wants you to go. You know that whole if you love something set it free, if it comes back set it on fire thing."

"So why are you telling me this." Alex said. Alex set his drink down suddenly not thirsty as he turned and grabbed the counter feeling a little sick. He had been so angry not understanding why and now he knew and he hated himself a little for thinking she could ever do anything to hurt him.

"Because I may be a manipulative bitch sometimes but... she is my sister. She may not need you as a boyfriend right now but she needs you, her cousin and her friend. She sure as hell doesn't need any more stress thinking you hate her. Kitty put a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't." Alex shook his head.

"Then tell her that not me." Kitty shrugged.

"So what do you think I should do?" He looked at her realizing he didn't know what the fuck to do, he wasn't ready to be a dad but would gladly do it if she would ask.

"Go to college." Kitty sighed as she rubbed her face. "You may end up with her, you may not; no one knows the future. But I do know a good heart and a high school diploma aren't enough. If you two do patch things up she will have a baby and you will need a good job and that means a good education and you will get a better one there than at the community college here."

"You know for what it's worth, I wish I would have told you I loved you that day by the lake. I always envied Candy but no more so then when I found out she had started dating you; I wasn't ready then." Kitty sighed.

"If it makes you feel any better I wish I would have taken you up on yours as well?" Alex joked.

"What offer?" Kitty said a little confused.

"I believe your words were, 'Fuck you Alex.' Sounded like an invitation to me." He forced a smile; he could use a smile right now. She hit him in the arm but smiled.

"So what smells so good any ways?" Kitty said as she jumped up and hobbled over to the pot lifting the lid a little to get a good whiff.

"Ribs I am cooking dinner for mom and sis." Alex shrugged though he didn't know how hungry would be now. "You can stay and join us if you like."

"Mind if I take some home to sis, call it a peace offering. Hell knows the girl can eat now, she gone off her all veggie diet." Alex smiled knowing that meant she was eating it more for the baby then for herself though he was familiar by now of the cravings pregnant women get with his mom.

"Sure." Alex smiled. He knew no matter what, he would have to make up with Candy somehow. The last thing she needed was stressing out over him and if she had done the right thing. Though he had no idea what the right thing for her was.

"I take it you don't want me to tell her you told me." Alex said playing back what he had just said to make sure he had said it right trying to figure it out.

"Your call Alex. I can take her being mad at me for doing the right thing and looking out for her. It would be a welcome change for once." Kitty shrugged. Alex wondered who else knew. Abbey had been hiding something so she probably knew. Izzy didn't yet probably since Kitty just found out. "Does Jo know?"

"Yes, but Candy begged her not to tell you yet. She kind of had to tell her so we didn't end up killing each other. But it's not like you never kept secrets from her to protect her." Kitty said referring to the fact that he had slept with Jo's mom. Alex shrugged in acceptance of that fact; leave it to her to call him on his bullshit. Alex stuck his finger in the Barbecue sauce again tasting it.

"Still not right." Alex shrugged. Kitty took his finger and sucked some of the sauce off looking at him.

"Needs cinnamon." Kitty shrugged and smiled.

"You know I think this is the first conversation we've had in a while that we didn't end up fighting and yelling at each other." Alex joked getting the cinnamon out. They had had conversations but none quite this long or alone, not since him and Candy started dating.

"Fuck we must be getting old." Kitty laughed having grabbed a fork and was poking at the ribs tearing off a piece. "If you decided to go Alex I promise I will take care of her. You have my word for whatever that is fucking worth." She said dipping the pork in the barbecue sauce and pulling it out.

"To me; everything." Alex smiled.

Summers End 1999

"Kids lunch." Aunt Liz called as everyone headed up the hill toward the picnic tables sitting out beside the house. Anytime they had a big gathering during the summer it was always here. Many a forth a July and Easter meals had been ate outside at the tables Kitty thought.

"Oh wow mom. You didn't have to do all this." Alex said as she noticed mom had set out a plate of sandwiches and stuff for them. Kitty smiled at Alex always trying to be so polite. Qualities Kitty lacked sometimes.

"I figured I wouldn't get that many more chances to spoil you before I throw you to the wolves." Aunt Liz smiled at him. She said sitting down a pitcher of Ice tea, Abbey was coming out with plastic cups. Alex gave his mom a kiss on the cheek before she headed back inside.

"Thanks Aunt Liz." Jo said grabbing a sandwich. Kitty wasn't surprised when Candy was second grabbing two of the ham ones surprisingly and not the peanut butter and jelly that she typical went for. The pregnancy had turned her carnivore. All the kids knew now and though Candy didn't know it, Alex as well. He was pretty good at keeping the secret but Kitty could see him looking after her. Kitty was surprised Candy hadn't noticed but she probably just thought it was him still having feelings for her.

"Man I am going to miss this. Warm summer days, and good food." Alex said grabbing a sandwich and sitting on the hammock sideways.

"Hey move your big ass over." Jo said as she came over to sit beside him having poured herself some tea. Kitty smiled at Jo who slid up next to Alex though she frowned when she saw Candy had noticed as well. Candy missed him but if she really wanted Alex back all she had to do was say the word. Kitty hated it for her but Candy had wanted to come and hang out with them before they had to leave soon.

"Just wait, it actually snows upstate." Kitty teased knowing how much Jo's skinny ass hated the cold.

"Fuck, that's it I'm not going." Jo said.

"Too late now." Izzy grinned snacking away on a sandwich. It was just weeks away now and they would be gone. As they sat there Kitty noticed something. The way Jo looked at Alex. She knew the look all too well. It was the look Jo used to give Kitty and every now and then still did.

"You know you should tell him." Kitty said when she finally got Jo alone. Alex had gone back to try and fix the boat. Izzy and Abbey had gone to jump back in the water, Candy went inside for a bit to talk with Aunt Liz and bring stuff back in. Since Aunt Liz was pregnant so Candy could ask her questions and not raise too much suspicion. Jo as usual finished off whatever food was left, Kitty hated that, the girl could eat like a horse and not gain a damn pound while Kitty's ass more than showed her love of food.

"Tell him what." Jo said looking at her as they headed down the hill toward the dock.

"That you really love him." Kitty smiled.

"What... I..." Jo began to say before Kitty cut her off.

"Don't even try to say you don't. Not with me." Kitty smirked at her.

"I don't like him like that." Jo shook her head. Kitty faked a sneeze.

"Sorry my allergies always act up around bullshit." Kitty said. "I see the way you look at him, something's different."

"Kitty you don't understand." Jo said.

"Then try me." Kitty shrugged. "I know you better than anybody, except maybe Alex." Jo grabbed Kitty's arm and drug her away as if they were going for a walk along the shoreline. Damn Kitty wished they could have done this months ago, but holding hands. She missed Jo and not for the sex. Well not just for the sex anyways.

"There is a reason I am who I am." Jo said hanging her head. "Years ago when I was younger someone hurt me." Jo shrugged. "It was enough for me to take up boxing so no one could do the same to me again or Izzy."

"Jo I am sorry..." Kitty touched her shoulder.

"It's okay." Jo said though Kitty could tell it was an old wound.

"It is part of the reason I like girls, hell knows I tried dating boys but I just never felt comfortable. My first kiss was Alex and I slapped him even though I always kind of wanted him to." Jo frowned.

"Jo if you ever..." Kitty began to say.

"I don't want to talk about it ever, okay. I put that shit behind me." Jo said with a bit of anger in her voice. "The problem with me and Alex isn't love. I love that fucking goofy bastard, I would die for him. It's just I don't know if it's enough to get past my own hang ups." Jo was touching her hands like she typically did when stressed, rubbing her scars. Kitty wanted to take her hand but was scared Jo would just yank it away.

"Besides you're one to talk, like you don't have feelings for him." Jo grinned at her.

"Alex deserves better then someone like me." Kitty shrugged.

"Oh come on Kitty, you're a lying manipulative bitch who curses more than a sailor and could make a whore blush with half of what you say, and you only care about your damn self." Jo grinned.

"Yep that just about sums it up. Thanks for confirming that for me." Kitty frowned.

"But I know that isn't the person I fell in love with. That is just who you want everyone to see." Jo smiled. Kitty both hated and liked the way she said it. That she had loved Kitty. "Maybe you been trying to make everyone else believe it so long that you believe your own bullshit; but lucky for you I am leaving you with someone who is good at seeing through bullshit." Jo looked out at Izzy.

"Yeah well it's too late now." Kitty frowned looking back at Alex.

"Maybe, but neither of us know what the fucking future holds Kitty." Jo smiled as they turned heading back. "But it never hurts to give fate a little nudge."

"Maybe you're right. Who fucking knows?" Kitty smiled as well and glanced at Alex.

Katherine Fall 1999

"You sure you want to do this?" Kitty asked as her and Candy sat at the table looking over the menu. Kitty had officially been hanging out with Izzy too long because the prices were outrageous to Kitty. Izzy knew all the best restaurants in town, her mother having worked in several of them. Kitty was always a bit of a foodie as anyone who saw her ass could tell you so she jumped at any place Izzy now said was good so paying this much for a steak or hamburger she knew was twice as good and half as cheap down the road seemed like she was getting ripped off.

"Better to rip the Band-Aid off quickly right?" Candy forced a smile.

"Maybe." Kitty shrugged closing the menu.

"Okay I am back." Mom said as she came back from the bathroom and sat down at the table.

"And here comes Edward." Kitty frowned looking up to see dad.

"Behave. Please for me." Candy touched her sister's hand under the table.

"Okay." Kitty nodded.

"Kids, Maggie." Dad smiled as he joined them. Kitty nodded and kept quiet as Candy and Mom did most of the talking. A few seconds later a waiter came over and took their order. After he left Candy spoke up.

"I have something I need to tell y'all." Candy muttered. Damn Kitty thought hoping to at least get a little food in her before it all went to hell. They hadn't even gotten their drinks yet. She reached over and took Candy's hand. Now three months along it wouldn't be long before she started to show and mom figured it out.

"What is it sweet heart?" Mom smiled. Kitty felt Candy squeeze her hand tightly.

"I'm pregnant." Candy managed to mutter out.

"What?" Dad said sounding a little angry.

"Are you sure?" Mom asked looking at her.

"Yes it's Thomas's." Candy said as she nodded before mom could ask the question Kitty was sure she was going to.

"Candice, I could expect this from your sister but I thought you were smarter than this." Dad said, Kitty smirked at him giving him a go to hell look.

"Dad!" Candy said with a frown.

"I have lost my appetite." Dad stood up. Candy did as well trying to stop him.

"Dad please let me explain." Candy touched his arm but he yanked it away forcefully as if she was contagious.

"There is nothing to explain young lady. This problem is you own making." He scolded her.

"Dad!" Candy said a tremble in her voice.

"If you want money to take care of the problem let me know, I am sure your Aunt Liz knows a doctor who handles that sort of thing." Edward said calmly as he turned and began to walk away.

"That's it walk away like you always do you heartless bastard." Kitty said loud enough everyone in the restaurant was looking at them. Candy had chosen to do it in public so dad wouldn't make a scene, Kitty wasn't about to let him off so easily.

"Watch how you talk to me..." Edward snapped looking at Kitty.

"Or what? Your daughter just told you you're going to be a grandfather. Maybe she was hoping you would be better at it then you were a father to us. But she still probably thinks you're a good person and doesn't know what an asshole you really are."

"I don't know who the hell you think you are..." He pointed at her but she grabbed his finger and twisted bringing him to his knees.

"I am exactly what you made me Edward, a cold hearted bitch like you, but unlike you I care about my family, and next time you point a damn finger at me I want you to remember all those Martial arts lessons you paid for because next time I will break the fuckin' thing off; you're the disappointment in this family not me. I want you to remember this moment when you're old and alone." Kitty said loudly.

"I can't breathe." Candy said, Kitty let dad go and turned to Candy who was having trouble catching her breath.

"Candy it's okay. Just relax sweetheart." Mom said having knelt down beside Candy trying to calm her. "Excuse me can we get some water for my daughter." She looked up to see the manager coming over.

"Ma'am I am going to have to ask you to leave or else we will call the police." The manager said. Kitty snapped at him already in a mood to fight. Edward was making his exit. Kitty never bothered to look at him. She never cared if she saw him again.

"Go ahead and call them, they can take my statement for the lawsuit of why you didn't help my pregnant sister when she is hyperventilating. You call the cops and I will call my lawyer right after I call ever damn news station. Now go get her some damn water." Kitty demanded. Kitty didn't have a lawyer but was sure she could find one easy enough and news companies were always looking for dirt. Kitty wasn't afraid of getting arrested again so it was a question of if this guy was afraid of losing money.

1...34567...9