3 Families Vol. 02 Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Right away Ma'am." The manager said to her and walked away snapping at a nearby waiter. Money was the only language these fuckers spoke she thought. This was Kitty being nice and keeping her calm, they didn't want to see her really get angry. Kitty looked at Candy.

"Candy look at me. Remember when I was little, breath in, nice and slow breath." Kitty got down in front of her sister. Candy did as she said. It used to be Candy who would help her when she had asthma attacks, helping her focus and calm down. "Now out." Kitty said touching her sisters cheek as wiping away tears from her face. A few seconds later a waiter brought them out a pitcher of water and a glass. When Candy felt better they made a quick exit in case someone did call the cops. Kitty got in the back with Candy letting her lay her head in her lap. Kitty softly stroking her hair while holding her sisters hand on the drive home.

"Why don't you go lay down for a bit sweetheart." Mom said looking at Candy who hadn't said much on the drive home.

"Okay." Candy nodded and headed upstairs.

"Mom, I am sorry about the restaurant." Kitty began to say as her mom hugged her which caught Kitty a little by surprise. Mom hugged her for a long time, Kitty couldn't remember the last time her mom hugged her. It wasn't that mom wasn't an affectionate woman it was the fact that they had a strained relationship.

"Kitten, I have never been prouder of you. You may lack grace but I think you handled everything back there better than I could have." Mom said finally breaking away.

"Thanks I guess." Kitty shrugged seeing it as a bit of a half compliment.

"The baby is really Thomas's." Mom asked.

"Yes, he doesn't want anything to do with it though." Kitty shrugged. He was on her shit list of people whose ass she wanted to kick. The only thing stopping her was Candy hadn't gone public about the baby.

"I will see about that when I talk to his mother and father, right after I go talk to Edwards's mother about her son." Mom said. Grandma Taylor was the only person Edward listened to, mostly because she controlled the family money.

"Does Alex know about Candy?" Mom said as they sat on the couch.

"Sort of, she didn't tell him, but I did." Kitty sighed. It felt good to get that off her chest though the person she needed to tell was upstairs.

"And he just left her." Mom asked looking a little puzzled.

"No, I told him he should. She might have changed her mind and realize the mistake she is making pushing him away, but he left to get an education. Until then I promised I would look after her." Kitty shrugged, she knew she was a piss poor substitute for the Job but Candy had been right about one thing. If Alex would have stayed, part of him might come to resent her even if he was too damn noble to admit it.

"She should know." Mom said looking at Kitty meaning it should be Kitty who told her.

"Yeah, I wanted to wait till it was public knowledge, that way if she hates me for it she will have others looking out for her as well." Kitty looked at mom, though Candy would be a mom herself soon she would need mom more than ever.

"Your dad was right about one thing though, I did expect to have this conversation one day but I expected you to be the pregnant one." Mom smiled at Kitty.

"Thanks a lot mom." Kitty said.

"You misunderstand me Kitty, if it was you I wouldn't worry as much but Candy isn't as strong as you. You thrive in stress while Candy worries about everything. She will need us." Mom said. That was true about them, hell a baby might actually have given Kitty someone to focus on other than herself, though in a way it had, even if it wasn't Kitty having the baby.

"She has me, and Abbey, and Izzy to look after her at school and you and Aunt Liz to help her with all the baby stuff. We can give her stuff to do like how she wants to decorate the baby's room, I mean if you're okay with turning the guest room into a nursery." Kitty shrugged. Mom looked at her a little stunned.

"What." Kitty said.

"You just never cease to surprise me Kitten." Mom smiled.

The Next Day

"That all you got." Kitty teased Izzy who was getting her ass kicked at 'street fighter'. Of course Kitty would never admit to it at school, but she was a gamer and loved to play. One of the few things she still did from her geek days, even if it was a little silly to be fighting on the computer when she could do it in real life.

"Nope I got this." Izzy pulled out a special attack that surprised Kitty.

"What the fuck. Where you learn that?" Kitty laughed making a retreat, luring Izzy closer. Izzy had a brilliant mind but didn't think quickly on her feet like Kitty, though they were working on that. Though Kitty learned never play the girl at cards, chess, or billiards. While Izzy couldn't bluff for shit she could count cards and figuring out the angle for billiards was Childs play to her.

"Your last boyfriend, he said I do it better than you ever could." Izzy grinned. Kitty always got a laugh out Izzy when she tried to trash talk.

"Keep trying lil' bitch." Kitty smiled at her and started pounding away at her character.

"So how is Candy doing?" Izzy asked. It was early Saturday morning and Candy was sleeping in.

"Good I guess; she misses Alex." Kitty shrugged. Candy had been quiet since yesterday at the restaurant.

"I am fine." They both heard. Kitty paused the game to look at Candy who was peeking out of the bathroom doorway.

"Oh hey Candy." Izzy smiled at her.

"Hey Izzy." Candy smiled back. "I am going to jump in the shower."

"Okay." Kitty nodded.

"Kitty I love you." Candy said.

"I love you to Candy." Kitty smiled. She thought it was a little random but Candy probably just needed to let her know. Candy closed the door and a few seconds later the shower turned on, Kitty and Izzy went back to playing their game.

"Crap now I got to pee. Can I use your mom's bathroom?" Izzy squirmed about a little.

"Just go in there, surely you and Jo and your mom took a piss in front of each other. She is probably in the shower by now anyways." Kitty shrugged pausing the game; she jumped up and walking to her closet, deciding to put some clothes on. Izzy nodded hopping up and walked over to the bathroom door knocking before letting herself in.

"Hey Candy." Izzy said opening the door.

"Kitty." Izzy yelled from the bathroom.

"What." Kitty said as she hurried in; she came in to see Izzy and Candy struggling. Candy had blood on one of her arms and Kitty saw the flash of a piece of metal in her other hand. A razor blade.

"Stop let go of me." Candy cried as Izzy struggled to keep her arms apart. Kitty raced in grabbing Candy's arm twisting it till she heard the razor blade fall into the sink.

"What the fuck Candice, what the hell are you thinking?" Kitty yelled at her, Candy sunk to the floor crying. Kitty grabbed some tissues and covered Candy's arm. They were all shallow cuts as if she was building up the courage.

"I can't do this Kitty, Thomas doesn't want me, Alex left me, and Dad turned his back on us, I feel all alone." Candy began to cry.

"Candy you're not alone." Kitty sunk down beside her grabbing her sister and hugging her tightly. Kitty told her everything about Alex and that she had told him. "He didn't leave you, he left because he needed to, and he did it for you and the baby. I am sorry for telling him but you have enough stress I didn't think you believing he hated you was good for you." Kitty said.

"I just don't know what to do; I actually thought about what dad said about ending the pregnancy." Candy rubbed her face.

"Candy." Kitty said, she wished she could do something for her sister to help ease the pain but wasn't sure what.

"Candy, please don't." Izzy spoke up as she hung her own head and sat down beside Candy. "I don't know who my real father is and I don't want to know. But mom almost had an abortion with me; she already had Jo and was all alone when she got pregnant with me. She says Uncle Frank talked her out of it." Izzy said. It was easy to forget sometimes that Jo and Izzy were half-sisters.

"Oh Izzy." Candy said touching her hand.

"It's okay. My point is mom decided not to and she got me." Izzy forced a smile and put an arm around Candy's shoulder. "You're scared to death, you have a lot to go through but when you hold your baby girl for the first time everything you're feeling now will be a distant memory. Me and you are the same in a way Candy; we both like to look ahead at the future and sometimes forget to live in the present. You may have to give up being captain of the cheerleading team or may not be prom queen but you will get something better. Your baby's first steps, first word..."

"First curse word he or she learns from Aunt Kitty." Kitty added making Candy smile.

"I don't know what you're going through but I know your baby will be loved and it will have a lot of aunt's. We're here for you Candy." Izzy said.

"Yes we are." Kitty heard. Looking up she saw Abbey standing in the bathroom doorway having just come in apparently.

"Abbey." Candy smiled. Abbey came over and fell to the floor with the rest of them and hugged Candy as if she was never going to let Candy go. Kitty smiled herself. Maybe her best friend could talk some sense into Candy.

"Do you still want to take a bath sweetie?" Kitty asked when Abbey finally let her go.

"Yeah I guess." Candy nodded.

"Okay, Abbey you mind sitting with her?" Kitty looked at Abbey.

"Kitty that isn't necessary, I will be fine." Candy said shaking her head.

"I think it is." Kitty said fiercely. She didn't plan on leaving Candy alone anytime soon. She would protect Candy, even from her damn self if she had to.

"Me and Izzy will be in the kitchen making you some breakfast, what do you want. And don't say nothing; you have to eat." Kitty said putting her hands on her hips knowing Candy hadn't eaten much last night and she was eating for two now.

"Eggs and Bacon." Candy shrugged as Abbey helped her to her feet.

"Coming right up." Kitty smiled and kissed Candy's cheek.

"Abbey you want some?" Kitty smiled at Abbey knowing she could always eat not that Kitty had any room to talk. The only ones who could out eat them was Alex and Jo's skinny ass.

"Yeah sure." Abbey smiled. Kitty left them as her and Izzy went down to fix breakfast.

Later That Afternoon

"Damn its cold today." Kitty said as they walked into the mall.

"Winter is coming." Izzy said in some kind of British accent and smiled right beside her.

"What?" Kitty looked at her funny.

"Something in a fantasy book I read. You should read it." Izzy smiled.

"I'll wait for the movie." Kitty laughed. She preferred horror or romance; she couldn't really get into fantasy and science fiction books but didn't mind them as movies. "You think she will be okay?" Kitty looked at Abbey and Candy who were just ahead of them.

"I hope so; severe depression can often be a symptom of pregnancy so hopefully it will pass." Izzy shrugged, Kitty threw her a funny look.

"What, you know I have a good memory." Izzy smiled. The girl read everything she could get her hands on.

"Luckily I don't." Kitty smiled. Kitty did like to read and could read an average book in a few hours being a natural speed reader but she typically knew after a few pages rather she would hate it or love it.

"Who are you texting anyways." Noticing Izzy texting someone, she had been at it in the car as well, which was odd considering most of her friends were right here.

"Sis." She shrugged.

"Tell the bitch I said Hi." Kitty laughed.

"That is no way to talk about your Ex." Kitty heard Jo's voice; she turned to see her standing behind her.

"What the fuck." Kitty said a little stunned but grabbed Jo and hugged her. "How the hell did you get here?"

"We drove down this morning." Jo shrugged as Kitty let her go.

"You could have called and let us know you were coming." Kitty smiled.

"We hadn't planned on it. Izzy called us and told Alex that Candy really needed a friend today so." Jo pointed at Alex who was sneaking up on Candy as he tapped her on the shoulder. Candy had a look of shock on her face as she saw him but grabbed him hugging him tightly. Kitty grinned at Izzy, the little devil had called Alex and he had drove all the way down but never told any of them Alex and Jo were coming. Abbey joined them a second later as Candy and Alex went for a walk and talk. Kitty was happy to see Alex back by Candy's side even if it was just for today.

Candice

"I am glad you're here." Candy said bumping up against Alex.

"Of course. Izzy didn't say much but she said you really needed to see me." Alex shrugged. Candy could almost kiss that little redhead she thought. She had stopped her stupid ass this morning, Candy didn't know if she could have actually done it, but was damn glad Izzy had stopped her from finding out.

"Yeah I do. I know you know about the baby." Candy shrugged.

"I thought about telling you but I didn't want you to be mad at Kitty. Plus I just wanted to give you time and space. I can't imagine what you're going through and I didn't know how to help." Alex scratched his head.

"I thought I had driven you away for good." Candy hung her head.

"Candy, you can't never push me away so far that I don't want be here, if you really need me." Alex smiled at her.

"Thank you Alex." Candy slid her hand into Alex's and smiled at him, she didn't care if they were surrounded by a mall full of people. "So how long can you stay?"

"Just tonight, we need to leave tomorrow around noon probably if we want to get back and get some sleep before class Monday morning." Alex shrugged. Candy felt a little sad but happy that he was here now if just for a little while. "So I guess now we got to talk about baby names." Alex grinned.

"It's a little early for that." Candy smiled.

"What, I can't keep calling her the baby." Alex shrugged.

"What makes you think it's going to be a little girl?" Candy grinned, she hadn't really thought about it but she would like a little girl. She could do things with her like dress her up and do her hair.

"Mom had two and one on the way and your mom had two so I am not betting on a little boy." Alex shrugged. Alex was the only boy born in this generation on his dad or moms side. Hell even with their second cousins at the family reunion the summer before last, Alex and Jax were the only boys. He was right; the odds seemed in favor of a little girl though Candy thought it still too early to know for sure. "How about Carmella."

"Carmella?" Candy grinned at him.

"Yeah, you can call her Caramel for short, you know Candy and Caramel." Alex teased.

"Pass." Candy shook her head. "And damn it now I am hungry again." Candy frowned. She kept this up she was going to have her sisters ass though she have a baby belly soon enough. It felt good to have Alex by her side again.

Late Fall

Abigail

"Hey sweetheart. What are you doing here?" Aunt Maggie said as Abigail walked into the house and kicked off her shoes in the foyer.

"I came by to check on Candy." Abbey said. Candy hadn't come to school today since it had only been a day since she had lost the baby so Abbey had come over right after she had gotten out. Kitty was in detention, she hadn't taken things so well so the first girl to say something about her sister had gotten a piece of her mind so to speak. It was her own fault for talking shit to Kitty in the first place, suggesting that Candy had had an abortion. She may have felt brave having two of her friends with her but they weren't dumb enough to stand up to Kitty. Though Kitty could have done a lot worst then bitch slap the girl.

"I am afraid she just wants to be alone." Aunt Maggie frowned. Obviously she had already tried to help Candy or at least talk to her to no avail.

"I can't do that." Abbey shook her head.

"Abbey sweetheart, I know you think you are trying to help." Aunt Maggie said.

"No offense Aunt Maggie but I know Candy. I am her best friend. What we want and what we need aren't always the same." Abbey shrugged. She knew after she had lost her dad she had done the same thing. Pushed everyone away, even Candy so she knew that the last thing Candy really wanted was to be alone. Plus Aunt Maggie didn't know about Candy's suicide attempt. She felt a little weird talking to her aunt like this, as if she knew better than her Aunt but for this one time she felt like she did.

"You have your mother's love in you but every now and then I see a bit of your father's determination as well." Aunt Maggie smirked as she folded her arms. "Up you go." She nodded towards the staircase and smiled. Abbey smiled as she walked past glad her words had gotten her through.

Candice

Candy stood in the shower as the water ran over her body; her argument with Alex was still in her head. He had wanted to come down but she didn't want him to. She was too angry with herself to face him. She was angry because a small part of her had been happy that there would be no baby, the fact that the thought had even entered her mind, even for the briefest second had horrified her. All her old dreams were now ahead of her. She would be able to keep cheerleading and go to college like she had planned now. But it meant she wouldn't know the other life she had had planned for, at least not for many years to come.

She could still remember the conversation her and Alex had had at the mall about baby names. While they had never agreed on anything she knew she didn't want the baby to have Thomas's last name and nor the name Taylor. She didn't want the baby to have her father's last name after what he had done. Alex had suggested Smith and that when the time came even if him and Candy were not together he would be the father at least on paper and more if she would let him, at the very least the baby's god father. He had told her that even if her and Alex never got back together her child would have a father.

So having to call Alex and tell him that she had lost the baby had destroyed her. She didn't want to face him.

Candy touched her stomach as she leaned against the glass and began to cry sliding downward onto her bare ass. She felt at war with herself knowing that any bit of happiness she would have after this moment came at a cost.

"Candy." She felt a hand touch her shoulder. She never heard the door open. Abbey came in and wrapped her arms around Candy.

"Abbey you'll get all wet." Candy said.

"I don't care." Abbey said as she hugged her tightly getting down beside her in the shower hugging her tightly. Candy grabbed her best friend gripping her wet clothes, holding onto her for as if her life depended on it as Abbey rocked her gently. It seemed like forever Abbey slowly leaned back and gave her that smile. The one that said everything would be all right as she touched her cheek. Candy figured she had nothing else left to lose as she did something she had thought about doing countless times before and leaned in and kissed Abbey deeply. She had lost her father, her baby, probably even Alex now, but here was Abbey, Abbey was always there for her, she loved Abbey, more then she could ever admit, even to Abbey or even to her own self. When she finally broke the kiss Abbey was left sitting there stunned.

"Candy." Abbey said with a look of surprise on her face.

"I am sorry." Candy looked away ashamed. Of course Abbey didn't feel the same way she thought.

"It's okay." Abbey smiled and touched Candy's cheek and leaned in and kissed Candy's forehead.

Katherine

Kitty awoke in Candy's bed to see her sister still asleep. Kitty smiled as she reached over and brushed a hair from her face. Kitty had been a little afraid to leave her sister alone after what had happened a few months back when Candy had gone a little on the dark side.

1...456789