A Den of Snakes

Story Info
A former nerd visits his hometown with surprising results.
10.6k words
4.09
37.3k
34
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jlorthia
jlorthia
173 Followers

Note: I Honestly do not know how to categorize this story. It may be better as an "Erotic Coupling" Story. But I think the power dynamics that take place are more suitable for "BDSM." I could be completely off-base. I will change the category if necessary.

There was not enough room to properly describe the story in the description section. I would say the main theme of this story is humiliation and changing status.

***

Milton Rodgers pulled out his cellphone and called his father. He was planning on visiting his hometown of Fairview. Milton was ready, he had never been treated well in the small town he grew up in, he didn't have a single friend there. Yet now he was a successful adult, he had moved on and he was sure his peers in Fairview moved on as well.

"Hey dad, I am thinking of coming back to visit." Milton paced though his house as he talked on the phone.

"Yeah I know it's been seven years." Milton walked by his large big-screen TV.

"Well, why would I come back, you and Mom visit me all the time." Milton walked by his granite countertops.

"No, I don't really have any friends in Fairview, I never really did." Nervously Milton opened his stainless steel refrigerator and looked at its contents.

"Dad, I am telling you most people berated me, they called me a fag, no one really treated me all that well, I was kind of a pariah." Milton walked out of his kitchen, towards his living room window, he looked out at the spectacular view on the city he lived in.

"How was I a pariah? Well, I liked computers, not football, I liked comic books and not trucks or hunting, you know I wasn't like them." Milton looked out at the busy streets of his city as he talked to his father. It puzzled Milton that he could feel more connected in a large city, than in the small town he grew up in.

"Dad, we've been over this Fairview's kind of a shit town."

"I am coming back to see you, to see the house, no one will remember me, most people probably left long ago. I'll be fine, I want to see you and it's not fair you and Mom always have to come see me, let me see you for a change." Milton began to remember Fairview more clearly, he started to have second thoughts, but he couldn't disappoint his parents now.

"Okay Dad, I'll see you Friday evening, I'll get off work early and drive over, It'll be good to see you guys for the weekend." Milton felt a foreboding feeling of dread creep over him, it truly sunk in that he was going to visit his miserable hometown.

Milton hung up the phone. It had been seven years since, it seemed like a lifetime. Milton left Fairview the moment he graduated from high school and he never looked back. There were no real fond memories, except the time he spent alone in his room, reading comics and learning how to code on his computer. He never felt very connected to the people of Fairview, deep down he still had animosity towards them. The football players used to jump him daily, they would call him "fag" repeatedly. The girls may have actually been even worse, if they weren't ignoring him they were spreading rumors and lies, they made him believe that he would never find love. To be fair, it wasn't everyone that treated him poorly, just the popular kids. The not-so-popular kids were nice enough but never hung out with him outside of school, being seen with Milton outside of school was practically asking to get your ass kicked. Milton speculated that they all grew up and matured, moved out of Fairview like he did, they were all probably upstanding citizens working normal jobs, living normal lives. Milton was completely unaware of how wrong he was. He was about to enter a den of snakes.

***

No one liked living in Fairview, yet people rarely left. The small mountain town was filled with petty criminals and drug users. There was hardly a job worth taking and most people got by on food stamps and some sort of black market activity. Fairview was a dead end town, a shit town.

In one of the shittier parts of this shit, town was a two-bedroom mobile home. In this home lived three women and a man. Crystal Wood and Robyn Baker were sisters. Crystal was 27, two years older than Robyn. Crystal was married to Cody Wood, who like Crystal was 27. The third female's name was Zoe Reed. Zoe was 23 and had lived with the two older sisters since she was a teen. Her father, who had died three years previously in a car accident was formerly the family's sole breadwinner, he was a manager at a local hardware store. Crystal and Robyn's mother took to identity theft to making ends meet and she had recently been arrested, she was currently serving time in prison. It was Zoe and Cody that paid the rent. Cody worked part-time at a local fast food joint named "Burger Boy" and Zoe worked full time at a convenience store.

To really understand the dynamics of this group one has to understand that Crystal and Robyn baker were the "Queen Bees" of their respective high school classes. Each one of them were prom queens and head cheerleaders, the two sisters were intensely competitive with each other, each one of them jealous at the other's perceived successes. Crystal always maintained that Robyn "copied her," and that Robyn thought her "Shit didn't stink." Crystal married Cody right out of high school. Cody and Crystal seemed like a perfect match, he was the most popular boy throughout high school, leading a successful high school football team as the quarterback. Cody was truly great at football, but college scouts never saw him play, they never bothered to go to Fairview, almost no one of importance ever did. Cody played at the local junior college before flunking out, due to heavy drinking. In the years after his football playing days, Cody had gained a lot of weights and spent most of his free time drinking cheap beer, smoking pot and playing video games. Crystal long ago was adventurous in bed, but Cody hadn't had sex with her in over a year. Crystal and Robyn never considered going to school or working to be an option for them. Their main goal in life was to marry someone successfully. Because of this Crystal had lost all respect for the remarkably unsuccessful Cody, she regularly cheated on him behind his back. Crystal fucked other men, mostly to punish Cody for his inability to provide for her in the way that she craved. Crystal would also berate and even strike Cody. Crystal was bitter and angry, she desperately wanted to escape her environment.

Robyn believed herself to be too good for the town of Fairview. Robyn longed to escape, but she lacked the motivation to do so. Robyn was the kind of person who just wanted everything to fall into her lap. She dated most of the handsome men in Fairview around her age and she was still quite desired. Yet she longed for something more than what Fairview could provide. Robyn spent her days on her phone, furiously texting and browsing social media sites. Like her sister Robyn was filled with anger, also like her sister she was desperate to move away from the life she lived and towards the life she believed she deserved. Robyn was conniving, she loved to gossip, she regularly disparaged other women and made mean rumors just for fun, she hadn't changed at all since her high school days, many of her Fairview friends had begun to avoid her, tiring of her games.

Both Crystal and Robyn had treated their step-sister Zoe horribly ever since they knew her. They never allowed her into their social circles and actually actively picked on her. Robyn who was closer in age to Zoe would regularly sabotage any relationship Zoe found herself. Robyn seethed with jealousy whenever Zoe met with any success in the dating world. Robyn felt as though she was miles above Zoe in attractiveness and personality. Crystal would blame Zoe for just about everything she could manage to blame her for, she insulted and threatened Zoe regularly, especially if Cody wasn't around to be her whipping boy. Lately, the sisters had tolerated Zoe however because she was the only member of the house working full-time. Crystal, Robyn and occasionally Cody would ask for money from Zoe and to avoid conflict Zoe would usually comply.

Both Crystal and Robyn had maintained their bodies over the years. Both of them put a premium on their looks. This was because they believed that their only escape from Fairview was through the act of seducing a successful man. Crystal was taller than Robyn, both had hourglass figures, yet Robyn's was more pronounced. Crystal had bleached blonde hair and blue eyes, Robyn's hair was amber and she had brown eyes. Crystal had a large mouth with full lips, she would often times brag to Robyn about how deep she could take a cock down her throat. Robyn's face was undeniably pretty, but also undeniably haughty looking, her nose was slightly upturned to the point where it looked as though she was always looking down her nose at people. Crystal had a nice round ass, but her breasts were rather small, she longed for breast implants, once she married a man with money, her first line of business was to enhance the size of her breasts. Robyn's body was perfectly proportioned, this led Robyn to be very absurdly vain. She ridiculed both Zoe and Crystal for having "Tiny titties," Robyn flaunted her cleavage relentlessly. Robyn was so absurdly vain that Inside Robyn's room were a collection of mirrors, Robyn loved to look at herself and pose. For hours, she would admire her own beauty. Robyn was delusionally in love with herself and she was desperate for someone else to confirm that she was indeed all that she believed she was. It killed her that no one seemed to recognize her beauty and grace. Robyn had modeled for a time but never had reliable transportation or the motivation to go to the necessary venues. Robyn always listed herself as a model on the social media sites she frequented.

Zoe was the most functional of the bunch, she had always gotten good grades in school and before her father had died she obtained enough credits in junior college to transfer to a four-year school. Yet Zoe felt obligated to make payments on her father's mobile home for which he was nearly done paying off when he died. She took a job at the local convenience store, and reluctantly cohabitated with her step-family. She was a shy girl and petite. She had a fantastic body, yet she never wore clothes that showed it off. Zoe was quite fond of beanies or Hoodies. Zoe had a beautiful face, she rarely wore makeup, yet her face always radiated a certain beauty that her step-sisters couldn't match, her brown hair was short but styled well. Despite her beauty Zoe always thought of herself as a "Plain Jane."

Despite Zoe being the only full-time worker, she was at the bottom of the hierarchy at home. Crystal lived in the master bedroom with Cody, Robyn lived in the other bedroom. Zoe slept on the couch. Crystal previously lived at Cody's home until she had a falling out with Cody's mother and had to move back into the mobile home. Before Crystal's mother was arrested Crystal and Cody kicked Zoe off the couch, so they could occupy it. Yet when Crystal and Robyn's mother was arrested Crystal and Cody moved into the master bedroom. The mobile home was a mess. Cans of cheap beer were littered around the living room. Fast food bags and pizza boxes were strewn about the house. Somehow the mobile home had a large flat screen TV which was mostly used by Cody to play video games.

***

Zoe was just ending her shift at the local convenience store. Her co-worker Melissa was just entering the store to relieve her of her shift.

"Okay my shift is over, I guess I got to go," Zoe said looking at the time on her cell phone.

"You don't seem like you're in a big hurry." said Zoe's middle aged and rotund co-worker.

"Yeah, I got to get out of my house, my step-sisters are driving me crazy, I thought they would have changed by now, but they are the same as they have always been."

"Honey, I don't know why you're still there, I would have left years ago," Melissa said as Zoe walked out the door.

Zoe had a driver's license, but Cody was currently using the Dodge at his job. Zoe didn't mind walking it was just a little over a mile to the mobile home. Zoe smoked a cigarette as she walked, she looked at the barren landscape and started to daydream about what life would be like in a college somewhere across the state. As Zoe walked she became more and more determined to apply for a college soon. Multiple trucks filled with rowdy men cat-called her as she walked, this was, unfortunately, normal and Zoe was used to it, yet she felt like she shouldn't be used to it. The whole culture and feel of her town was depressing, there was no hope to be found, only the listless and downtrodden stayed in Fairview. When Zoe finally made it to her mobile home she was surprised to see the Dodge parked in the front house. When Zoe opened the door she saw Cody playing the Xbox. Zoe had to yell to talk over the sound of gunfire from the absurdly violent first-person shooter Cody was playing.

"Cody, you're home early if I would have known I would have asked for a ride."

"Yeah, I got let go early, they had too many people on shift, I volunteered to go home, I gotta beat this shit," Cody replied without looking at Zoe, completely mesmerized by his game.

Zoe sighed and walked towards the back porch to smoke a cigarette and get away from the obnoxiously loud video game. Zoe was surprised to see her two step-sisters hanging out on the porch. Usually, they just smoked in their rooms. The only time they came into the back porch was when they had "juicy gossip" to discuss.

"Go the fuck away, Zoe!" Crystal said angrily.

"I always come out here to smoke," Zoe said defiantly as she lit a cigarette.

Robyn rolled her eyes, "I doubt she even cares about what we are talking about."

"You're right, I'll ignore you," Zoe said as she stared into the abandoned field of dead grass and mud that the back of the mobile home peered into.

"So yeah, remember Milton Rodgers?" Robyn said to Crystal.

"Yeah, that dork from high school we used to tease, Cody used to beat him up. He was so fucking pathetic...Did he finally commit suicide." Crystal chuckled at her absurdly cruel comment.

Zoe raised her eyebrows. She remembered Milton Rodgers, he was a year or two older than her. Milton was a computer geek, but Zoe always liked him, she even had a secret crush on him. Milton was so unpopular however, Zoe would have been laughed at if she had ever admitted to having a crush on Milton. Zoe hoped that Milton hadn't committed suicide.

"Apparently the guy made some pretty popular phone app, now he owns his own software company!" Robyn said smiling.

"Shoot, I wouldn't have been so mean to him if I'd had known. Should have gone with him instead of Cody." Crystal said shaking her head.

"Get this Crystal, he's coming back home to visit his family!" Robyn said excitedly.

Zoe's eyes widened as she heard what Robyn said, but Zoe did not dare interject.

Crystal said inquisitively "Hey, Robyn didn't he have a huge crush on you?"

"Yeah he did, and I am going to use that to my advantage, he's my ticket out of this dump," Robyn replied looking confident and sly.

Zoe remembered Milton having a crush on Robyn. She remembered Robyn believing Milton was utter below her and actively saying Milton was "gross." Zoe smiled at the irony. Now Robyn was going to pursue Milton. Zoe was amused that Robyn believed that Milton would be available, chances were he already had a wife or girlfriend. In Zoe's experience most successful guys were taken.

"What if I went after him too?" Crystal said haughtily.

"You're married to Al Bundy," Robyn smirking as she looked in the direction of Cody's video game playing. Robyn constantly referred to Cody as "Al Bundy" and Crystal had to admit that Cody's life did indeed mimic the life of the fictional Al Bundy in many ways.

"Not for long, I am going to divorce Cody as soon as I can get a man with a fucking real job. Did you hear? Cody got passed up for a promotion yet again. This time some disgusting 17-year-old pimple faced kid got the manager position. Cody has no ambition, he didn't even seem like he cared! I'd fucking die if I were him, he used to be someone, he was going places, now he can't even get full-time hours at Burger Boy!" Crystal said these remarks with utter contempt, she had grown to hate her husband.

"You always say you're going to divorce him, but you never will. Face it Crystal, you missed the boat, I am the one that deserves happiness. You're just Peggy fucking Bundy." Robyn said cattily.

Zoe rolled her eyes, Robyn always said ridiculous things. Zoe knew the two sisters were about to get in a big argument, maybe even a physical fight, so she put out her cigarette and walked into the noise filled the mobile home. Zoe sat on the couch and looked up at the ceiling as the video game noises blared loudly. Slowly her step-sisters screaming at each other began to drown out the loud gunfire coming from the Xbox. "Keep it down, will you!" Cody yelled as Crystal and Robyn shouted at each other angrily. It was a common occurrence and Zoe was beyond tired of it.

***

Zoe had to work the morning shift the next day. Zoe didn't go to bed until late that night, Cody's video game playing lasted a long time and he refused to stop. "Just a minute Zoe, I almost got this," he said at least half a dozen times. It wasn't until four in the morning that Zoe managed to get any sleep. Because of this Zoe was nearly falling asleep as she stood behind the counter in the currently empty convenience store that she worked at. Zoe perked her head up when she heard the door open. A man briskly walked in. As he browsed the aisles Zoe noticed that he looked familiar. "It can't be?" Zoe thought as she started to tingle with excitement. The man was wearing jeans and a T-Shirt. The T-Shirt had some logo on it that Zoe didn't recognize, he had dark glasses on and he was wearing converse chucks. "He looks like some sort of hipster." Zoe thought to herself. He had dark brown hair and sported a stubble laden face. Suddenly he approached the counter with a bag of chips and a coffee.

"Zoe?" the man said taking off his glasses.

"Yeah," Zoe said shyly.

"You probably don't remember me, I'm Milton Rodgers, from high school."

"Oh yeah Milton, how are you doing?" Zoe said pretending not to be excited.

"I live down in the valley now, in the city, I am just here visiting my folks. How about you?"

"Just working here," Zoe said, slightly embarrassed that she still hadn't moved on from Fairview.

"So yeah, you got any future plans? I know you don't plan on working here forever."

Zoe swallowed and hesitated before she began to talk.

"Oh god, sorry I was so forward, it's nice up here, this is a nice town. Lots of nature, and you've got...a Burger Boy." Milton began to get red in the face.

"Oh, no I am going to transfer to college soon, I got stuck here for a while, my dad died," Zoe said, now also red in the face.

"Oh shit, I am sorry to hear that. Old man Reed, I remember him, he used to manage that hardware store...Shit Zoe, I am sorry, I remember everyone loved your dad, he was a good guy."

There was an awkward silence.

"Well you know I'd love to hang out, here's my number." Milton slid Zoe a business card and turned around to walk away.

"I still have to ring you up," Zoe said nervously.

"Oh right."

Zoe scanned Milton's items and Milton paid with his card. Milton seemed to walk out with a certain pep in his step. Zoe peeked out the door and saw Milton get in a Toyota Prius and drive away. Zoe let out a deep breath, talking with cute guys had never been her forte and Milton had grown up to become very cute. To someone in the city, he may have looked like a regular guy, but to Zoe he looked like a rockstar. Guys in Fairview still thought sporting camo and backward baseball caps was state-of-the-art-fashion. Zoe looked at Milton's business card. It looked like he worked for some big software company. Zoe put the card in her pocket, it would take every nerve in her body to call Milton. She probably was going to chicken out.

jlorthia
jlorthia
173 Followers