Amelia & Andrew: The Diamond Legacy Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Amelia broadened the search to the Perez cartel it was the first cartel that the Rios cartel had taken over after Rodrigues had assumed control. The results from the local news reports were enlightening; Several of Perez's top lieutenants were killed under mysterious circumstances, four of them the original cause of death was unexplained exsanguination. According to the one article, Carlos Perez's body had been almost completely drained of blood and the medical examiner stated that there were no injuries serious enough to have caused such a massive loss of blood.

She continued to the article on the next victim Anglia Santiago had been drained of blood while in police custody. She had been one of Carlos Perez's mistresses and witnessed his death. She had given a wild story about a man who had bite Carlos on the neck and drank his blood. She claimed she hide and watched the events unfold. Whoever had killed had managed to do it while she was locked in a cell. In order to get to the cell you had to use a designated elevator that required a key then go through locked door with a guard seated right in front of it. There were also eight other officers in the building. The person who perpetrated this crime managed to get past all of this without being seen by any of the six different cameras and not one of the officers in the building seeing them.

Amelia looked up from the computer and saw Andrew was seated on the edge of the bed waiting for her. She had been sharing everything she had learned through their link without even realizing it. The small smile he had on his face all of sudden changed to a scowl while his eyes started to darken and he turned towards the door. Amelia quickly brought forth her baser self as she now sensed what had set Andrew off. The two of them could sense another vampire and they both knew that the other vampire was much older than two of them were. Amelia quickly reached into the suitcase beside her and tossed Andrew the kukri that was in it afterwards she grabbed the Glock and chambered the first round.

"Love get in the bathroom that way you will have a clear line of fire at the door and window while still having some cover." Andrew telepathically said as he moved to the side of the door.

Amelia quickly moved to where Andrew had asked her to, she then turned invisible to everyone but Andrew and shielded her presence in order to give her a better chance. She noted that Andrew had also shielded his presence. Next came the hard part waiting to see what the other vampire was going to do. After a few minutes, much to their surprise came; a knock at the door and an announcement that the other vampire just wanted to talk. "Please stay as you are while I answer the door. If this is an ambush you can cover me without exposing yourself." Andrew pleaded using telepathy.

Although Amelia was clearly not happy, she agreed to Andrew's plan. Andrew reigned in his baser side while he slide the Kukri in between his belt and Pants making sure it was where he quickly could retrieve it. He could sense the vampire at the door and three more down the end of the hall. He mentally prepared himself incase this was an ambush and opened the door trying to appear as calm as possible. Once he had the door open he saw an older Hispanic man that stood almost six- feet tall and weighed about hundred and seventy pounds. Even though he looked about sixty Andrew knew that he was much older. Andrew stepped back and invited him into the room.

"Thank you for receiving me. I was told that your mate was here but I guess my information was wrong. I am Santiago Martinez." The vampire said as way of introduction.

"Greetings Mr. Martinez, I am Andrew Barnes and that is my lovely mate Amelia." Andrew replied, as Amelia turned visible after reigning in her baser side.

Even though Amelia had surprised him, Santiago Martinez hide it well. His face only showed his shock for the briefest of a moment before he regained control and offered a slight Smile. "Ms. Hensley reports on how lovely you are were greatly lacking." Martinez said as he took her offered hand and kissed it.

Amelia smiled at the charming older vampire and while she sensed apprehension, she didn't sense any hostility. She could understand his concern when he found out he had two new vampires in his territory with all of the attacks against his people. "Please have a seat." Amelia offered with a cautious smile.

He took the offered seat and Study his two hosts. He sensed that while they were both wary of him they held no real hostility towards him or his family if anything he sensed a bit of amusement from Amelia. He knew the two of them were somehow associated with Charles Black and last he had heard they were under Black's personal protection. That is why He had decided to meet with the two of them personally. "I apologize for the intrusion but I am curious as to why two of Black's people are here in my territory and what your intentions are?" Santiago asked deciding to lay his cards on the table.

"We are here looking for a link that could lead me to the location of my human son. I assume you have heard about the attack in California," Andrew replied deciding it would be better to tell him the truth. He held back the part that the link was a rogue vampire that may be attacking his family.

"Then you aren't tracking the rogue vampire that was turned when your wife was murdered?" Santiago asked already knowing the answer. He was impressed how both of them had managed to hid their surprise Amelia had only showed the slightest of reaction to his statement and Andrew had shown none.

"We are seeking the rogue we are hoping to capture him to try to garner the location of my mate's son before we destroy him." Amelia responded she saw no sense in trying to cover it up now that it was evident he knew more than he should of.

"Then it would seem that it would be in my best interest to allow the two of you go about your business. I have one final question is Rodrigues behind these attacks on my family?" Santiago inquired his eyes darkening.

Andrew hesitated for a moment deciding how much to share with Santiago. He glanced at Amelia for a moment, she gave the slightest of nod knowing what he was planning on saying, and agreeing it was best to be honest.

"We suspect that he is somehow controlling the rogues but have no real proof at this point. I promise you if we find out he is carrying out these attacks I will make sure you receive the proof we gather and will also do my best to convince Charles to act accordingly." Andrew promised. He thought to himself how funny this situation was a year ago he and Amelia would have been trying to arrest this very man and no he promising to aid him.

"Thank you, I appreciate the offer. One final warning for you Rodrigues knows you are in the area if he finds you he will either kill you outright or you wish he had if he does capture you." Santiago said.

Neither Amelia nor Andrew fully trusted Santiago. They both knew the only reason he was tolerating their presence in his territory was he was hoping they would take care of the rogue problem for him and his kindly grandfather persona was just a ruse to try to fish for information. The two of them discussed the offer Andrew had made to share information and decided to honor it as long as it didn't compromise any of Charles or Susan's interest.

The next week was quiet no mysterious attacks had happened on either side of the border adding to the credence that these weren't true rogue attacks. The two of them had talked to Charles twice keeping him informed of what they had managed to find out. The three of them had set up a schedule where Andrew or Amelia would make contact with Charles. They decided to vary the days and times and they decided that if Charles needed to contact them he would send them an e-mail with a contact time unless it was important then he would page them.

Amelia had called Catherine on Friday and talked to her for over an hour. Catherine had assured her that she was doing great, as was the baby and promised her that Scott would page them as soon as she went into labor. Amelia had been feeling a little down about not being with her and talking to Catherine had helped her.

A week after Amelia had talked to Catherine, Amelia and Andrew decided to go to a small café for dinner. They had just ordered when Andrew received a page informing them that Catherine water had broken and she was in labor. After the two of them finished their meal, Amelia called to check on how Catherine was doing. She talked to Susan who reassured her that everything was going excellent and she promised to text Amelia with all of the details. Several hours later, they received a text that read.

Brittney Lynn Hawkins was born at one-sixteen AM, She weighed seven pounds eleven and one –half ounces and was seventeen inches long. Mom and daughter are doing well, dad on other hand not doing so well. I will email you a picture soon, Susan.

Amelia and Andrew anxiously waited for the picture and as soon as they saw the picture, they fell instantly in love with her. She was fully awake when the picture was taken shaken her little fist at the world. Amelia was surprised to find out that Brittney had a full head of brown hair and piercing blue eyes. Andrew quickly made her picture the background picture on their laptop.

The next evening they caught a break. Gloria had as a normal part of her investigation had flagged Tony's bank and credit cards so they would get an alert if they were used. The card had been used in a nightclub called El Pozo Del Diablo (The Devil's Pit) to make a large purchase. The nightclub was located in the business district of Tijuana. She immediately sent the information to Amelia and Andrew.

Amelia was beginning to think that either Tony had been caught and killed or had moved on and she was explaining to Andrew why she thought that they should start looking towards Mexico city since that was where Rodrigues was based. If he were working with Amsu then it would be the next logical place to look for Jake. Andrew did agree with Amelia but wanted to give it a few more days before they moved. Amelia was just about to point out that that the longer they stayed here the more likely that Jake would be turned or killed when the pager went off.

The location that Gloria had given them was about twenty minutes away. The club was an old textile plant that had closed in the late sixties. Carlos Guerrero purchased the building and converted it to a large nightclub that catered to vampires. The two of them arrived within ten minutes taking the first available parking place. Amelia had just stepped out of the truck when a little girl walked up to her. "Are you Senorita Barnes?" The child asked nervously.

"Yes I am." Amelia responded cautiously. She was suspicious and quickly went on alert. Andrew heard the girl and quickly went on alert pushing his senses out. He couldn't detect any threat to them so he but stayed alert to allow Amelia to deal with the child.

"I was told to give you this message when you arrived." The little girl said handing Amelia an envelope.

"Thank you sweetie." Amelia said while handing her a twenty-dollar bill. Amelia had scanned her mind and found out she was just what she appeared to be a child that had been giving a few pesos to give her the message.

When the young girl saw s twenty American Dollars she almost fainted. "Muchas gracias, vaya con dios." The young girl called out excitedly as she ran down the street towards home.

Amelia quickly opened the envelope and read the message.

Amelia and Andrew,

I am the one who used Tony's credit card because I need to meet with you. I give you my word of honor and swear to all I hold holly that this is no trap. Please hear what I have to say it may mean the survival of every one of us. Please go to the door and tell the bouncer you are meeting with Layla. Please hurry we are all in danger Amsu and Rodrigues Know you are here in Tijuana and are looking for you. I will even help you to find your son if I can.

Amelia read the letter twice both times mentally relaying the contents to Andrew. The two of them were in shock and unsure what to do. Andrew grabbed his phone and dialed Charles number. As soon as Charles answered, he relayed the contents of the letter then he asked, "Is Layla trust worthy?"

"Under normal circumstances I would say that you could trust her. However, I would caution you to be extraordinary careful when dealing with anyone related to Amsu. If you decide to meet with her don't let your guard down even if she is being honest Amsu won't take her defection lightly." Charles replied his voice thick with concern.

They decided that Andrew would be invisible this time and Amelia would approach her if everything was copasetic he would come visible and get the three of them to a safe location. If it turned out to be a trap, Andrew would then cause a diversion so that the two of them would be able to escape. Amelia approached the bouncer who was manning the front door of the club and told him she was with Layla's party. The vampire looked her over for a moment then opened the door allowing her to enter telling her that the room was on the second floor to the left. Amelia paused in front of the bouncer smiled and gave him her thanks allowing Andrew to slip through the door. Amelia led the two of them up the stairs and down the short hall to the door. Andrew reached out with his senses to see if he could sense in the room. He sensed only one vampire that seemed to be pacing.

Amelia quickly entered the private room followed closely by Andrew. Amelia cautiously looked around the room making sure there was no one else there other than Layla, Andrew, and herself. "Ok Layla you asked for this meeting; now what is on your mind?" Amelia demanded in a cold voice.

"Amelia I am not your enemy. I need yours and Andrew's help to prevent this war that Amsu wants he will kill us all." Layla pleaded earnestly. She sensed when Amelia started to probe her and she allowed it not offering any resistance. Layla had heard that Amelia had the ability to read other people's minds and knew this was her best chance to secure their assistance.

Amelia was aware that Layla was able to tell that she was reading her thoughts and was surprised when Layla hadn't resisted her probing her mind. Amelia quickly realized that Layla was telling the truth about her intentions and quickly withdrew from her mind satisfied that she was no threat. "Andrew she is on our side. She is telling the truth about her willingness to help us." Amelia mentally said.

"Amelia is Andrew going to join us we don't have much time," Layla asked impatiently.

"Andrew is already here," Andrew replied appearing behind her. Layla who was startled had to quickly, stifle her scream.

"I promise to tell you everything but we need to get out of here before Martinez finds out I am meeting with you or he will kill us all." Layla quickly explained.

"Martinez knows we are here and had granted us safe passage so you are safe." Amelia replied not concerned.

"Martinez is in bed with Amsu and Rodrigues. The so-called murders of his family were all executed with his knowledge and blessings. Even the one that happened in Philadelphia according to Santiago, Carlos and his two guards were getting troublesome and needed to be disposed of," Layla quickly explained.

"Are you telling us that he had his own grandson killed?" Amelia asked in shock.

"Yes. Can we please get out of here?" Layla pleaded.

Andrew sensed six vampires standing outside of the door. He was almost positive that one of them was Santiago Martinez. He didn't think they knew he was in the room because he was still shieling his presence. "Love, Martinez and five other vampires are outside of the door. I don't think they know that I am here he may suspect. I want you to try to find out his intentions and if necessary, I will capture him and use him to bargain our way out of here. If that fails I want you to get Layla clear and I will delay them long enough for you to get to the truck." Andrew said mentally.

"Hell no we will leave together. We stand together always remember." Amelia argued back telepathically.

"I have no intentions of getting myself killed but we need Layla alive now more than ever. She is the key to us stopping this war that Amsu wants before it ever starts." Andrew calmly replied the same way.

Amelia relayed the plan to Layla just to make sure that the vampires outside of the room didn't pick up on Andrew voice. She had Layla turn invisible. There was a sharp wrap at the door. "Amelia, I know you are in there with Layla. All I want is her then you can leave as can Andrew," Martinez ordered through the door.

"Mr. Martinez, Layla is under my protection. She is willing to help us not only retrieve Andrew's son but also to stop the attacks on your family," Amelia replied.

"Amelia, she can't be trusted let me have her and I promise you that I will get the location of your mates child. Is Andrew there let me talk to him?" Martinez replied in a solemn tone.

"I have promised her my protection I can't give her to you. Andrew isn't with me." Amelia lied smoothly.

"Amelia either you turn her over to me or I will take her by force. Please don't make me do that you could be killed." Martinez pleaded acting as if he was concerned for her safety.

"Mr. Martinez, are you threating me? I was trying to reason with you but since you have reverted to threats I will just give you a warning if anyone of your people tries to enter this room I will kill them." Amelia angrily threatened as she called forth her baser side.

"Amelia either surrender her or I will just toss a Molotov cocktail in there and burn you out." Martinez threatened.

Andrew had let his baser side come forth and upon hearing Martinez's threat, he just exploded. He rushed the door taking it off of the hinges and sent it flying into Martinez and the man that stood on each side of him knocking all three of them off of their feet. The man to the right of Martinez had the unfortunate luck of being struck by a large piece of the doorjamb; an eighteen-inch piece of it was now imbedded into side of his chest. He quickly turned to the vampire to his left and ripped his head off of his shoulders before any of them had a chance to react. Amelia quickly seized control of the vampire to Andrew's right and had him attack the other vampire standing beside him.

As the vampire, that Andrew had decapitated fell to the ground Andrew turned and charged Martinez. He knew the key to winning this battled was to get control of their leader and use him to shield Amelia, Layla and himself. Andrew managed to get to Martinez before he could get back on his feet and he quickly attacked him trying to subdue Martinez. Martinez was nowhere as fast as Andrew was but he had years of experience fighting other vampires that were faster them him. Andrew launched a serious of rapid blows hoping to daze Martinez long enough for him to get control of him but Martinez managed to block or dodge all but one of them and the that he had landed was not as effective as he had hoped. Martinez countered with a knee to Andrew's groin but he managed to turn with the blow and his thigh absorbed the blow. The fight between the two of them was turning into who could a slugfest that Andrew knew he didn't have the time for. "Amelia can you please take control of this cocksucker's mind before his reinforcements get here." Andrew requested through their bond.

Layla was at first caught off guard by Andrew sudden and violent attack. She hadn't even seen him move until the door exploded off of the hinges. She had never seen a vampire move as fast as Andrew did and was in awe of his strength but she quickly recovered. Martinez was right her abilities weren't offensive in nature but that didn't mean she was useless in a fight. Amsu had made sure she was well trained with and without weapons. She held black belts in several forms of Martial arts including Wing Chu, Aikido, Kyudo, and her favorite Yijin Jing. She quickly attacked the other vampire that was on the left hand side. She had the vampire's head in her hands after a couple minutes. The poor lad was too young and inexperienced to be much of a threat.