Amy

Story Info
Can a marriage survive a dark past, blackmail, and betrayal?
11.9k words
4.17
84.7k
117
108
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My thanks to Maryb2831 for her creative ideas and editing abilities.

*

I'd just written my last payroll check and there was nothing left for the bills. I'm screwed. In the construction business, if you don't pay your bills on time, all of your vendors cut you off, and avoid you like you have the plague. I've been to every bank in town, and they lock the door when they see me coming. I guess this gig is up and I better find something fast.

In my 34 years, I have never been in this position. I've always been successful and made good money. To my dismay, I never finished college. I dropped out and started to work for my dad's construction company. Most people my age had problems with their parents. I must have been the lucky one. My dad was my hero and best pal. Since I was young, he took me to work with him, let me 'work', and paid me for my little task. He taught me everything I know about construction, and I love the profession.

Like I said, my dad was my hero. Needless to say we spent a lot of time outside. When we weren't working, we were hunting and fishing. That is when I started to carry. When you are in nature or on a job site in Nevada, you run into a lot of snakes, both those that slithered and those that walked on two feet. When I work, fish or hunt putting on my Glock is just like putting on my boots.

My dad passed unexpectedly two years after I started working with him. I was devastated. For the first time in my life I really didn't know what to do. I had no direction. There wasn't any succession plan in the business and the bankers didn't have confidence in me to run it. After my experiences with the bankers, I developed self-confidence problems.

Luckily one of my dad's competitors bought us out, and offered me a job. That is where I started dating my longest relationship, the bosses daughter, Beverly. Lacking confidence, I will never know how I got Beverly. I would like to think it was all 6' 2" blond hair, blue eye, stud muffin of me, NOT, quite the contrary. I'm barely 6 ', maybe a little better than average in looks, mousy brown hair, brown eyes and a phobia about first dates. I say again, how I got Beverly, I will never know.

Beverly was my biggest cheerleader, and thought I hung the moon. When her dad wouldn't promote me, she called our competitors, telling them all about me. She was successful in her actions and I went to work for a competitor. When her father found out that Beverly had instigated my departure, he felt betrayed. He gave Beverly an ultimatum, me or the family, no contact, no options.

Beverly could hardly tell me through all of the tears. After I finally interpreted what she was saying, I told her she had too much to lose staying with me. If she would stay, her dad would fight us on every street corner. She would lose the family trust, but above all, lose her family. I told her that if it was meant to be, we would find each other again. As much as it hurt, she was better off with them, rather than me.

But I really missed Beverly, she was fun. We did all sorts of things together, concerts, bar crawls, dancing, football games, horseback riding, hiking and more. She was also a good poker player. And when it came to sex, what can I say. She told me right after we started dating that my dick was hers, she would do with it as she wished, and she did. She also told me that if I looked at another girl, she would cut it off. A lesson I took to heart. She was the great experimenter, positions, toys, places, and orifices, we tried it all. She could do things with her quim that would make my eyes roll back, my body vibrate with pleasure, and then she would just look at me with that impish grin. I thought I knew about sex, but she actually taught me everything. As I said, she was fun, and she gave me back my self-confidence.

You may ask, if what I say is true, why am I still single. As far as relationships are concerned, I'm a slow starter. I'm terrible at picking up on attraction tells and flirting, much less doing it. Girls usually have to hit me upside the head with a baseball bat to get my attention. There has been some semi-serious relationships since Beverly, but none as intense. I guess their failure was my fault, probably due to my inattentiveness.

Enough about my past, back to being broke. My dad must have been looking down on me, because after I wrote that last check, that afternoon I got a phone call, out of the blue, from a guy I worked for several years earlier.

I was introduced to Richard Hines, and his lovely wife Helen, through Beverly. At that time Richard had several jobs that had blown up on him and he needed to turn them around or his ass was on the line. Beverly told Richard about how I was able to work vendors against each other and negotiate better pricing for her dad's company. At that point Richard had little to lose, so he hired me as a project manager.

To my good fortune, the last guy must have been a numbnut. He must have been buying at whatever the vendors quoted, and there was so much waste on the project, it was losing money. It didn't take an MIT grad to spot the problem. I also found a design change that wouldn't compromise the original aesthetics, but would save a lot of money. With all of this going for me, I quickly turn the project around. When the project ended, everyone divided up the profits, and was happy. My cut was enough for me to strike out on my own.

I did very well for a couple years, then this damn economy turned down, and I couldn't get a job if I worked for free.

I was grateful for Richard's call. Any work I could get would help, at least it would pay the bills.

Bright and early Monday morning I was in Richard's office looking over the project, and getting oriented to what Richard had in mind for me. The discussion finally gravitated toward the finances, so Richard picked up the phone, and asked his secretary to have Amy come into his office. He explained that Amy was the company's comptroller. Richard went on to say she was exceptionally knowledgeable, straight as an arrow, and had a take no shit, her way or the highway approach to her job. He told me to be careful of her. She had a lot of respect from the company, because she had bailed the company out of financial trouble on numerous occasions.

Immediately, I thought of a dumpy little old maid with gray hair, where her job was her life. Boy was I wrong! When the door opened a Miss America beauty, dressed in a woman's business suit, her hair up, and dark rimmed glasses walked in. The only thought that ran through my head was an old saying from my Dad, "Damn, she would make a preacher lay his bible down."

Richard said, "Amy this is Paul Rogers, Paul this is Amy Gleason. Amy, Paul is coming with us as a Project Manager, but the job will be a little more than that, because above his salary we are offering Paul a percentage of cost savings that he saves us. I will take care of the contract between us and Paul, but I need for you to setup an accounting system whereby we can monitor Paul's success. Also, we are offering Paul a $15,000 signing bonus." Thanks God, I could pay the bills and eat dinner tonight.

"Paul," Richard said "just do you job as you have in our other projects, and Amy will make you look like a genius on paper."

I was tongue tied as to what to say. I hope I didn't really didn't make an ass out of myself. I really don't remember. I did notice, Amy never addressed me directly, but only responded to Richard.

After she left, I made the comment that Amy was a good looking woman. Richard agreed, but said that I shouldn't get my hopes up, she was a real ice queen. She had been hit upon by every swing dick in the state, and none had succeed. He said he knows she is single, and noticed that she didn't have any photos of family or anybody else in her office. To his knowledge she was a real social and relationship recluse. It really didn't make any difference to me, I realized that she was way out of my league.

I started that day, and it didn't take long for me to go afoul with Amy. I had submitted some purchase order request, and Amy very succinctly told me I didn't understand the process. While I was talking to her on the phone, my email dinged. I opened it, and it was a step-by-step funding request procedure. This girl had her shit together.

On Tuesday, I found some bills that the previous manager, another numbnut, hadn't paid. It didn't even look like purchase orders had been cut. So I filled out on an expense account and sent it in.

My phone rang first thing Wednesday morning. How did I know that would be Amy? She informed me that this is not the way the company did business. If I had any unauthorized payments, I needed to get Richard or a higher executive to sign off on them. Since it was quite evident that I didn't understand the company financial policies, she suggested that we meet in her office Friday morning to have a little training session. As my eyes rolled back from inside my head, I agreed to meet at 10:00am Friday. This was a cringe worthy moment, and for the next two days I was filled with dread with the thought of the meeting.

Friday at 10:00, I sat in Amy's office across the desk from her. She was in her usual business suit, hair pulled up with the black rimmed glasses. Why did I feel that I had been called to the principal's office? After a grueling 30 minutes of "you need to do this or that" she said just to make sure I was on the right track, we might need at least two follow-up meetings. So we made appointments for the following two Fridays at 10:00am. I felt like a whipped puppy and tried to make a hasty retreat.

As I got up, I just stood a moment thinking of the deep pile of shit I was in. I guess I must have stood there a little too long. As I was looking around, Amy asked, "What are you looking for, did you lose something?"

Without thinking I said, " No, I just didn't want to step on the lost souls of all the guys that had tried to hit on you." I quickly looked up at her realizing what I had just said. Her look could kill. Then she burst out laughing. Not just a ha-ha, but a loud, side splitting belly laugh. Even the secretary outside her office started to stare like she had never heard Amy laugh before.

As her laughter subsided, she looked up to me in a laughing manner she said, "Get the hell out of my office cowboy," I guess referring to my boots and side arm.

Don't think I had redeemed myself with Amy, I still got several calls from her the next week, but they were nicer in nature.

Quickly enough, Friday rolled around again. This time Amy looked different. She had a pencil skirt, with a slit up the side, and a silky blouse. However Amy was dressed, it made her look good. Now already a little distracted, when I walked in and sat down in Amy's office, Amy spread out three spreadsheets she had devised. Again, this showed me the girl had her shit together. The sheets were a combination of what I needed to do to stay within company policy, and also how I needed to report my financial progression, so I could obtain my bonus. The bonus factor peaked my interest. Spreadsheets and numbers really aren't my forte and I think she could sense my uneasiness with what she had proposed. After telling me for the third time about single line item, she stood, came around her desk and started instructing me over my back.

I thought it was my imagination at first, but on the second and third occurrence I thought, "damn is she rubbing her tit on my shoulder." I'm sure she did it unconsciously, but my mind played with the fantasy. In my daze of number hell, I left thinking I would spend my weekend trying to make sense to what she proposed and fantasizing about those tits.

Week three went by fast. This week it was me calling Amy several to make sure I was completing the spreadsheets correctly. On Friday at 10:00am as usual, I was sitting in her office thoroughly distracted. Why you ask? It must have been casual Friday because Amy was wearing a pair of custom jeans, with a sheer cream blouse that showed the outline of her demi-bra and what filled it. Damn she looked good.

As she sat behind her desk looking at the spreadsheets I presented, her only comment was, "You learn well grasshopper." That remark definitely took some pressure off, but yet it wasn't going to be the highlight of my day.

This time, as I was leaving, I stood and Amy came from behind her desk. While I stood at the door, she said for me to wait, that she had forgot to give me something. She turned and bent over her desk to retrieve the document.

She looked around, and said, "What?"

Busted. I was defiantly checking out her ass. As she stood, I quickly said, "Nice pair of jeans."

As she moved closer to me, she asked, "And what about what is in them?"

I replied, "I don't have any first hand knowledge, but the word intoxicating comes to mind.".

Standing within in a foot of me Amy said, "And?"

I said, "And what?"

Moving to within six inches of me, Amy said, "Come on cowboy.".

I stared at her blankly.

Seaming frustrated Amy asked, "Are you going to ask me out or not, dumbass?"

Timidly I stammered, "Would you like to go out with me sometime?"

She replied, "Yes." Turning and going back to her desk Amy said, "You can pick me up at my house at 6:30. I will text you the address. Don't plan anything special. I won't have anytime to change."

Completely aghast, I couldn't think of anything to say.

Amy swished her hand like telling me to leave. As I turned to leave, I heard her say, " God, what does a girl have to do to get a date around here?"

Confirming it hadn't been a figment of my imitation, before I left the building, I had a text from Amy with her home address.

While driving back to the job site, the first question floating in my head was, "Why me?" I'm definitely not the stud muffin type that I thought she would be going out with. My finial resolve to the question was, "It beats the shit out of me."

My second concern was what to do. While driving, I drove by the Comedy Zone. That seemed to be a reasonable solution. The food wasn't that great, but it is entertaining. So I pulled in and got two tickets for the 7 o'clock show.

The remainder of the afternoon was spent in wonder. Not getting anything done, I went home early to take a shower, and get ready.

Amy lived in a super nice gated community. She must have called to the guard, because the guard had a pass in my name. Driving up to her house, it was the type of house I could see her living in, large, conventional, yet conservative. At 6:30 on the dot, I was standing at her front door. She opened the door, said, "Hi", grabbed her purse and was out the door. Amy didn't think twice about jumping in the passenger side of my truck.

The conversation to the Comedy Zone was a little spotty. Most of it about work or had yes/no answers. The way it started out, this could be a long night. But things got better after we were seated and had dinner at the Comedy Zone.

I said she had a really nice house. She told me that it wasn't hers. Some friends were transferred overseas and she agreed to house sit for three years until they returned. The rent was low and of course it made financial sense. Her furniture was stored in Las Vegas, where she had been prior to joining Richard's company and before a stint in New York. Other than that and finding out that her parents had passed, there wasn't too much more that I found out about Miss Gleason.

I had to pull my chair around beside Amy so I could see the stage. The show started and right out of the gate, the first comedian's material was charged with sexual innuendo. I wasn't sure if Amy would take kindly to it, or become Miss Prude. Then I heard her laugh and she kept laughing throughout the night, I knew she was OK with it. Several times while laughing, I noticed her touching my arm and looking at me. Near the end of the performance, Amy put her hand on my leg. I placed my hand over hers and she didn't move. As we left we were holding hands. I think she really enjoyed herself.

The show was over at 9:30, too early to go home, so I asked if there was anything she would like to do. She deferred back to me. I told her of a little bar I liked, and it always had a band. She was game for it.

We found a table across from the bar and I found out that she liked Blue Moon. After a couple of songs, I asked her to dance. Although there was a couple of stumbles, she came back to the table with both feet. She motioned for me when the next slow dance was playing. I held her with some space between us, but that didn't last long. Amy came close and placed her head against my chest and it felt like she melted into me. That is when I first saw it, the sparkle. As we were dancing Amy look up at me, and smiled. I could swear that her eyes sparkled.

We danced again at a faster tempo, and she wouldn't let me go back to the table when a slow song started. Again she melted into me and about halfway through the song, she stopped, got up on her tiptoes, and gave me the softest kiss I ever experienced. She smiled again as I looked into those twinkling eyes.

I was already having trouble hiding my hard on, but now it was so obvious that I knew she was feeling it next to her stomach.

We returned to our table to discover our beers were empty. She said this round was on her, and she went to the bar about 15 feet away. Within 10 seconds after she ordered our beers, a fairly good looking barfly approached her and asked, "Are you here by yourself?"

She turned, pointed toward me, and I could hear her say, "See that guy over there. That's my guy!" He pursued her further asking for a dance. She turned toward him with a look that would freeze the balls off of an Eskimo, and barked, "Fuck Off." If you were very attentive you could hear the troubled soul of another guy hit the floor.

When she returned, I said, "Trouble?".

"Nothing I can't handle," was her reply.

"Soooo I'm your guy?", I asked

Amy just smiled and with those sparkling eyes, said, "Let's dance."

Things got a little handsy going home. I felt like a teenager in a back seat. I tried to go to second base, but was thrown out when I tried going up under her bra. Her hand caught me and brought me back to reality.

When we arrived at her house, I kissed her at her front door. As she opened the door she said, "Good night."

I asked, "Don't I get an invite in?"

She replied emphatically, "Paul, I don't do one night stands, and if you tap this", pointing between her legs, "you had better be in for the long haul. Now good night cowboy."

Blue balls and all, I made a graceful exit.

I called her the next morning and asked her out again. We had a great time that afternoon just strolling in a park, the zoo, and at dinner that night.

I saw her again Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, just for dinner because it was on a work nights.

We went to a party at a friends house on Friday. We were going to go to dinner and a movie Saturday, but that changed during the conversation at dinner.

There were several pauses in the conversation Saturday night, and Amy asked if something was wrong.

I said, "Amy I have really enjoyed our time together during the last week, but...." I looked at Amy and she had a look of horror on her face. Later I found out she thought I was ending our relationship. "But" I continued, "I am becoming more and more infatuated with you. My time without you is empty, and I want to spend more and more time with you."

Amy beamed, and motioned with her finger for me to come close to her. She passionately kissed me, and as we parted she whispered in my ear, "Take me home and fuck my brains out". Knowing how smart Amy was, I thought I might be overwhelmed by that assignment, but I was up to the task.

We played with each other on the way to her house. There was a trail of clothes from her front door to her bedroom. I stood beside her bed as she kissed her way down my body. As she took me in her mouth, there was a feeling like no other. As good as Beverly was, Amy could leave Beverly standing at the starting line. I know I was excited, and it had been a long time, but when Amy did whatever she did to that place under my cock head, I had to give her warning as I blew a wad that would have taken out her tonsils. My head exploded, and my body vibrated in pure ecstasy. So much so, my legs were weak, and I fell back to sit on the bed. Amy came up on the bed to clean me, and she smiled, knowing what she had done to me.