Assignment: Dangle a Carrot

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Billy looked over at his wife, "Actually, we thought about taking a vacation. You know, clear the mind. Can I get back to you on that?"

"Sure, sure." John looked over at his Creative Editor, "Before you go, perhaps something to think about, Steve had some thoughts."

"I assume you're both tired of the nightclub scene...or not," he laughed seeing them look at each other, "but as you know, your articles are reprinted literally around the world." He looked at the couple, "I was thinking. Why this city? Why not other cities? We talked about it and thought you both could go around the States, three months spent in each place, and review the club scenes there. Then, come back, relax, and in a month head out again."

John added excitedly, "Hell, why just the States? Toronto, Vancouver, London." Our readers would love to hear about the challenges of a married couple trying to enjoy a night out."

Billy looked at Jennifer, "I don't know. We both have friends here and if we're away for three months at a time..."

"Along with three months a year paid time off." John interjected, "But, again, don't decide now. Go on vacation. Have fun."

"It does sound fun," Billy said to Jennifer, "We could travel, go places we've always wanted to visit."

"I don't know about this, Billy. I um, sort of slipped up on our last club." She looked around the table, "I actually feel so embarrassed that was so widely publicized. I don't even want to know what you think of me. If we go club hopping in other cities, I'd hope I don't give in to all the temptations..."

John nodded at Ted who slid a printout over to the couple, "Look at columns C and D. Circulation and Advertising Revenue. You'll see on top, the four weeks before Billy here started his articles." He looked at their eyes scanning the page. "Yep, notice the huge jump at the end, that's all you. Without your giving into temptations..."

"So you were counting on my fucking someone, weren't you? Now you want me to screw more strangers? I feel terrible as it is. I'm not some whore." Jennifer said indignantly.

"Good Lord! Of course not. Ted was simply pointing out the silver lining. All of us were hoping you'd stay strong and resist what had to be unbelievable temptations, but there's no denying it. Your straying meant sales went through the roof. All the numbers are terrific. This whole project is your call. You want LA? Go to LA. You want Omaha? Go. Hell, I'll bet the Honolulu club scene is incredible. You have the corporate card, use it. I'm sure you learned from your transgressions." John said.

"I did. I cannot imagine letting myself go again." The girl said, feeling her nipples clench as she mulled over the possibilities.