Born Into Darkness Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mandy was on another level. Maybe Aaron wasn't giving her enough 'attention' in bed and she's trying to rather information for herself?

And now that Mandy spoke of protection, she and Dean never used protection. She can't even remember when her last period was; unlocking her phone she looked at her period app and it said a week late. It didn't freak her out as much because her period wasn't on time and liked to delay sometimes, but these two questions echoed in her mind making everything suddenly a little distant. Was she pregnant or was she late?

"Yes, yeah he's big and last very a long time, and is a freaking bull in bed, he's always ready to go again and again. And yes he's Santa thanks for making me doubt myself, Dean has the same tattoos and all and no actually I never told him about Santa and I think I might tell him, I just gotta find the right time." Sophie said quickly. Chugging the last bit of her coffee she got up with Mandy behind her they exited the café, but not before throwing out her garbage and headed to the elevators to the storage area so she can place Big Bertha down and start her shift.

***

Walking through the front door Dean spotted Kell on the floor, he was about to ignore his idiot friend for coming to him drunk again, Zeus only know how many time Kell did this to him nonetheless when he took a second look at him, his clothes were torn and Kell's favorite pirate leather trench coat looked like it was thrown in a wood chipper.

He knew for a fact that there was something wrong with Kell; he treasured that coat more than his own life. Dean saw how Kell always placed his coat beside him as if it were an actual person whenever they went out to a bar or when shit was getting nasty when they had to fight Thanatos' minions Kell would take it off and place it somewhere where it wouldn't get ruined.

"Kell, come get up and change you look like a bum; never mind I think a bum looks better than you right. What the heck happened to you?" Dean said poking at him with the tip of his boot.

Kell ignored him and started singing old Greek melodies Dean hasn't heard since the war ended in Greece. It actually made him miss the place; maybe when this all blew over he'll take Sophie there one day.

Dean poked Kell again and ended up on his back with a knife against his throat. He wasn't scared, he was pissed off, he only wanted to know if Kell was good and in doing that he gat's rewarded with this shit.

Using his powers he blasted Kell off him and dusted off his pants. Kell charged at him again and he swept to the side and Kell missed him by a mere inch.

Kell growled viciously and started walking away.

Not on his watch. Dean was going to get a response from him whether Kell like it or not. Charging at Kell's back he wrapped his arms around his waist and knocked him to the floor and pressed his forearm against his throat and tightened his hold.

It was apparent that Kell was having none of it so he jerked in all directions to throw Dean off him, but didn't work so he gave up.

Slowly removing his arm Dean moved to sit in front of his friend and glared at him. "What the fuck had gotten into you? Are you on your period or something?"

Dean saw Kell's jaw clench in anger and his hands fist up.

"No you fuck head, today is the day." Kell said through his clenched teeth.

Dean looked at Kell in confusion. What fucking day was he talking about? It was Monday?

Before he could question Kell rose up and shrugged off his jacket and petted it as if it were a pet.

"It's not a pet Kell." Dean said getting up so he wasn't starting up at him or Olympus forbids his crotch.

Kell growled. "Don't you dare fucking say that. You may be my friend Dean, but I swear I will kill you, if you ever say that again."

If looks could kill he'd be on the floor trying to recollect his intestines from the floor. "What's so special about the jacket?" the sudden realization hit him. He was such a fucking insensitive prick; today was the day Penelope died.

How did he know since he hasn't seen Kell until recently? He had no fucking clue, but it was the only thing he can come up with considering Kell was acting like this and petting an inanimate object as if it were precious to him.

"Penelope." Dean stated as he shoved his hands in his pockets. He shouldn't have said that. When Kell looked up at him his eyes looked hollow, it scared the shit out of him. He never saw him like this before; whenever he was with Kell he was always the pain in his ass, always had some sort of remark that would make him want to punch him on the face. But this, this look was actually worrisome.

"I was made this jacket out of all Penelope's leather pouches she used back in Greece, her wedding band and our son's sword and shield. I hope you never go through what I went through, losing someone you love is the worst pain imaginable. I wish I told her, she would still be here! And my boy, my precious Aetos, he was my son even if Penelope didn't birth him, I could've never asked for a better son. Fucking fates! Damn you cousins do you hate me that bad? You had to take my son and wife, they were all I had!" Kell said crumpling to the floor holding the jacket against his chest.

Dean for once in his life was speechless. He had no idea what to do, so he followed his gut and picked up his friend and walked him towards his garage and had a bottle of Jack waiting for them.

As he was about to open the door Kell abruptly stopped walking. "I'm not a woman Dean, I'm fine. Let's gather up the gang the sooner the faster I can leave."

Leave? He wanted to ask Kell where he was going after they face the Council, but it was none of his business, he was still going to keep in touch with him no doubt about that.

Nodding he led Kell into his office and he sat in his chair. "Ok, let's start with the Greeks then we'll go from there."

Kell grunted. Dean kept is eyes on Kell as he took out his phone, touched the screen the holding it next to his ear.

"Who are you calling?" Dean asked as he scratched Munchy behind the ears after finding him sleeping under his desk. "And last question did you kill the son of bitch for touching your jacket?"

His friend laughed bitterly. "It was a woman who did it, she thought it was her ex's and sliced it. I got her number though."

Classic Kell.

"Hey, yeah I'm calling in a favor," Kell said than paused as the person on the other end of the phone call talked. "Yes now, ditch the chick and get your ass over here." Kell hung up and looked at Dean.

Pinching the bridge of his nose Dean breathed in and out. It wasn't that he was annoyed, he was actually worried for Sophie, maybe he should've stayed with her; or he could've stayed in another form or stayed invisible so that he can watch her and not tell her.

But his sisters were going over; they should be there right now, so he had nothing to fret about.

Pain suddenly erupted on the top of his head. Looking up he saw Kell whistle innocently and heard his hot wheels car that was on the center of his desk crash against the floor.

In retaliation Dean made the chair Kell was sitting in flip back brining his along with it. He laughed when Munchy ran from under his desk and sat right on Kell's chest.

"Fucking dog I swear, if you don't move I'll fry your ass." Kell said as he scowled at Munchy.

"He's harmless, leave him alone. Pick on someone your own size." Said a voice that all of a sudden behind Dean.

Swirling his chair around he saw Kanati the Native American god of the hunt smirking with his arms crossed over his chet.

Dean stood up and hugged the good. "Good to see you."

Kanati hugged him back then went to lie down on the leather couch. "Good to see you too Ky, Kell called in for a favor, sounded pretty serious."

Kanati and Dean went way back he helped push back the titans; also his parents were good friends with Hades, so they saw each other a lot when they were younger. Kanati still looked the same only he possessed a scar on his left eye brow, even so the scar still didn't damage the god's attractiveness, not that Dean was rooting for the other team because he was straight, but he had to admit Kanati was very attractive and a hell of an archer.

Kell broke the news before he did. "The council, have the rogues imprisoned and are bullying minor gods. It's petty really, we just need to gather up the gang and scare them a little into releasing them."

The god whistled and stared up at the celling. "I'm in I could go for some action, nothing really goes on in my realm."

Kell scoffed as he got up. "I can tell, considering you were having what sounded like an orgy when I called you."

Kanati shrugged and manifested a handball and threw it so Munchy would go fetch.

With just having Kanati here it was nice that they were going to get the gang back together, like good times. Back then they used to gather together and come to Earth to party; it would last weeks, there was that or someone was having trouble on their realm and they would all get together to help.

"Who's next on the list?" Kanati said, making Dean come back to the present.

Dean actually knew who was next and they were a flash away. Holding up a finger he flashed himself to a very old realm he hasn't been to. Looking around he saw female servants walk around, they were beautiful; but nothing compared to his Sophie. Walking through the temple; it brought back old memories the goddess who lived here was an old friend very kind, like another sister.

Squealing made him smile and brace himself for what was coming. A second later he was tackled by the black haired goddess. She was the Celtic goddess of fertility, but in a fight she was a whole different person.

"Ky! How are you? I missed you so much! You look so, sexy. And you're mated! I have to meet her- wait is it Eris? Goodness I hope not I don't really like her." The goddess said as she rambled on and on, but that's how she was; carefree and a gentle, caregiving goddess.

Dean laughed at the goddess. "I'm good Arainrhod. And no it's not Eris, long story but she's out of my life you'll meet Sophie soon."

Another squeal escaped Arainrhod's lips. Usually Celtic goddesses were mostly timid or complete bitches, but not her. "I can't wait! But please Ky call me Rain remember."

Nodding he spoke once again. "I need your help the council have rogues imprisoned and they are also bullying minor gods so we want to scare them, it that or go to war so we need your help along with the others. You in?"

Rain clasped Dean's hand and squealed again as she jumped up and down.

While she did that Dean flashed them back to his study and he sat down while Rain continued to jump up and down.

Rain was just a ball of energy; there was not one dull day when it came to her. She was sweet and kind, not one mean bone in her body.

"Whoa, Rain is that you? Fuck you look hot; and when did you get a tan?" Kanati said and he gazed up and down the goddesses analyzing her assets. She had light brown hair and sun kissed skin, her eyes were still mud brown but they were so full of life and love. Kanati wasn't going to admit it to anyone but himself, but he always had a crush on her ever since they first.

She was the sunshine after the rain, his butter on his corn on the cob. She was his eternal Sunshine, he was just too much of a pussy to go up to her and tell her how he really felt about her.

Rain blushed as she looked over at Kanati. He was such a brute sometimes, but she loved him all the more. His shiny honey eyes, quirky smile his amazing body she wanted to ride all night long.

Just hand her son cool whip and locked her in a room with him, swearing to her parents she'll come out a happy goddess and knocked up.

"Hi. I-it's good to see you again." She said looking down at her boots; when Dean flashed her here she changed out of her regular flowing dress and into a tank top, jeans and boots as well as having her trusty gun and sword at her waist. Her dad made the leather holster she had on her hips when she mastered the sword; it was one of the best days of her life.

A throat cleared and her attention went to Dean who was smirking at her causing her blush to blush harder.

"Now that here are four of us including Rexana and her new mate Ajax, we need to get then others. Who are we getting next?" Dean asked as he looked at each of them in the eyes.

Rain raised her hand screaming 'me, pick me'. Dean sighed and pointed to the goddess.

"I can go get Neith, piece of cake; I was actually there not that long ago." Rain said and flashed out of the room.

Dean shook his head. Rain was way too excited about this, not that he blamed her. "Ok since Neith will be there any minute, who are we going to hunt down next?"

Kell spoke up first. "I know where Ask is, he has his own shop in Texas, it might be a little hard to convince him to join us though."

The door to his office opened and Rexana and Ajax walked in holding hands. Rexana froze and ran to Kanati and hugged him. Ajax wasn't so happy about that, growling he pulled her away and held her close to his side.

Kanati laughed and smacked Ajax on the back. "Relax, Rex and I go way back," he said winking at Rexana who laughed. Ajax growled once more. "I'm no threat I have my heart set on someone else." He said the last sentence rather sadly as he went to lie back down on the couch.

"Take a seat guys, we're slowly gathering the team one by one and Ask is next. Kell said we can reach him, but the convincing will be tough." Dean said starching his whiskered cheek.

He smiled thinking about last night when he and Sophie were making love, she loved it when he rubs his whiskered jaw against her neck it would turn her on so much. Sophie was a fucking sex goddess last night she managed to satisfy him last night... that was after he woke her up in the middle of the night with his hard on rubbing against her killer bubble butt ass.

"Dude! Stop thinking so hard, I'm mentally scarred for life." Kanati said as he got up and walked out the room.

Dean laughed and looked at Kell. "Let's go to Texas than." His phone chimed; looking down he saw Sophie's name pop up. Unlocking it he saw a naughty text from his mate telling him how she had a steamy dream, she was going to tell him tonight, but she told him that he was Santa. That threw him off, but knowing his Sophie it would turn him on, she had just sexual imagination it put his to shame.

"Kyros I'm not kidding! Mind block now!" Kanati yelled.

Once again Dean laughed and put his walls up, feeling bad for the god.

***

Changing the bedding of the hospital beds, Sophie's mind wandered off. If she was pregnant that meant she couldn't have coffee! She needs coffee to survive mornings; what would Maria say if she found out?

Sophie decided to wait one more week and take a pregnancy test; and to ask Rexana if immortals get their periods.

Her phone chimed and saw Dean's text. She was finally going to tell him about her Santa dream. He said he couldn't wait and that they have two out of the ten; he and Kell were going after four because three was on the way.

Excitement coursed through her body, she couldn't wait to meet them and cook for them. She couldn't wait.

"Sophie you're needed in room 301." Mandy said as she stuck her head into the room.

Nodding she finished setting up the bed and started making her way to 301. Thank goodness the day was almost over. Dean was supposed to pick her up; she'll ask him if he can take her to the supermarket so she can pick up some stuff because they were running low on food.

Entering the room she saw her fiancé with another ring pop. He smiled brightly as he got on one knee.

"Sonny! How are you fine fiancé? You're getting your cast removed today, aren't you? Let me get the doctor, give me a minute." Sophie said as she crouched down and kissed Sonny on the forehead and walked out to call for the doctor.

***

Damn its hot here. He loved it though, he wouldn't mind moving here with Sophie and it was open and spread out. They can get an even bigger house when they soon start having kids.

He imagined Sophie barefoot and pregnant, and he loved every second of it. That was until Kell shoved him to the side and walked into the mechanic shop.

"Dick." He said under his breath.

Walking through the door, Kell was already flirting with the young girl at the front desk. Ignoring them he walked in and saw a body under a car with worn out blue overalls and converse.

Dean kicked him and the body rolled out and Askalaphos, he used to work for Demeter, Persephone's mother, but quit when he realized she was a bitter hag who wanted to salve off her daughter to Apollo.

For centuries the nine of them looked for him, he was locked away in a golden cage next to Athena's throne chair. They were pissed; poor goddess didn't even know. She released him right away and for compensation she gave him some of her powers. Ask wasn't a shifter like them he was just remained with the gift of being able to turn into a giant owl.

Ask rose when he saw Kyros son of Erebus and Nyx stand in front of him. He hasn't seen the god in centuries; he actually thought he was dead. Dean was the most loyal man he's ever known and never backed away from a fight. The guy had some big balls.

"Kyros? I thought you were dead. You sick fuck did you faked your death or something, or are you really dead and are here to haunt if so you're even more demented than I remember." Ask said narrowing his sea green eyes.

Chuckling at his friend Dean pulled Ask into a hug, cupping his back then pulled away. "It's good to see you too old friend. I need a favor and I'm here to collect it."

Ask shrugged. He'd do anything for Kyros; after all he did for him. "I'm all yours. Let me just tell Gina."

Tilting his head to the side in confusion, Dean never in his life has he seen Ask with a woman; truth be told he actually thought he was gay. Guess not.

"My wife, she's at home with the baby, and with another on the way. That woman has changed my life. Wait until it's your turn-"

Dean cut Ask off by holding up and hand then pulled his black t-shirt to the side revealing his mark.

Ask grinned then brought him in for another hug. "You fucker. You disappeared for Eris? Damn, I didn't see that coming I thought she was just a fuck toy."

Growling rather loudly he shook his head at Ask. "Not Eris. Her name is Sophie," Dean inhaled then exhaled trying to calm himself; every time he heard the name Eris, he wanted to beat the shit out of himself for being such an idiot for falling for such a bitch. "She's my everything; hopefully she'll be waddling around with our first kid soon."

"Whoa, sorry didn't mean to rub salt on the wound. So what do you need?" He asked Dean.

"Join us once again to ask the council to release the rogues; they're also abusing other minor gods." Dean said as he fished for his phone as soon as he felt it vibrate; it was probably a text message from Sophie; he decided to ignore it until he and Kell got back to the house.

Ask groaned while he rubbed the beck of his neck; Gina wasn't going to like this. Maybe he should tell Dean no; but how could he after all the man did for him. He had to bring Gina and Junior with them; he'll say yes.

"I'm in, but Gina is coming I can't leave her alone with Junior when she's ready to pop any minute. Here's my number and text be the address of the place and I'll be there in a flash. Let me just break the new to Gina; which shouldn't be so hard considering just the other day she called me a loner for not having any friends." Ask laughed as he shook his head thinking back when Gina had told him that.

Dean shook his head. "Women, I'm glad Gina is coming along more women in the house for Sophie; I felt a little bad before because it was just me and Kell, we were a handful for her, but she sure did handle us well. She does this thing where she pinches us and it pure agony. Well I'll see you at the house."