Brotherhood of Janus Ch. 01: First Gather

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"John, I thought you should know, there are only ten members of the five hundred left. You are number eleven. There are only two members with lower numbers than yours. When you get home, call me - 770 555-9909 - I will let you know their names and numbers. Adam."

Only eleven of the five hundred left. That knowledge astounded me. Of the founding families, only eleven had continued their line to this time. During the flight home, my mind occupied itself with thoughts on this and the list of lodges. I also thought about the offer Barbara and Pam had made. Going to the Chicago Gathering on my own had been tough. It had taken me a long time to gather the courage to go. The minute I had seen Susan and Michelle, my nerves had settled and my confidence skyrocketed. Someone I knew was there. I wouldn't be alone.

As it had worked out, I made more friends at this one meeting then I had all my life and here I was contemplating going to another gathering of strangers. The ride in the cab to my apartment was short. Opening my door, I entered, turned on all the lights and flopped down on the couch. I sat there staring out the window at the skyline of the city.

The phone started ringing. Looking at it, I wondered who it was.

"Hello?"

"John, Susan, I just wanted to know if you would be coming to the grand gathering? Michelle and I would like you to be there very much."

"Susan, of course, I'll be there. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Wonderful. So how was my mother?"

"What?"

"I know she went to Atlanta. Dad was over the last three nights talking with Mark and mom wasn't with him."

"She... was marvelous."

"Uh, huh. I have to go right now, but we really need to talk."

"Yes, we do. Love, you dear."

"Stop that! Goodbye, John."

"Goodbye, my love."

"Stop that!"

The phone went dead as she hung up. I smiled to myself and went to bed. Tomorrow would be the start of a very long month. Looking down at my ring, the gold was now shining with a luster it didn't have when I first put it on. Smiling I brushed my teeth and went to bed.

To be continued...

Next up... Brotherhood of Janus 2: Grand Gather...