Can There Be Peace Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Baby Girl smiled and reached up to caress Rachel's face. She bent forward and kissed her tenderly and then slipped her tongue into the other woman's mouth. Instead of a slight tingle when the other became the goddess's follower, a wave of devotion slammed into her mind and she moaned in need. She broke off the kiss and looked into Rachel's eyes. She threw her arms around the other woman and held her tight, "Oh Rachel not you too..." She felt Rachel's arms cling to her as they both cried as all the hurt and loneliness burst to the surface.

She didn't expect Baby Girl to resonate so strongly with Rachel. But thinking about it, it made sense. Both suffered because of her actions. She left them and grabbing her bag walked up front. Giving her keys to Cat she said, "It seems you have another sister. Make sure Rachel goes home with you girls and is made welcome." She dug through her purse and handed Cat the keys to the truck, "I need to take a walk."

Cat looked at the keys in her hand and then Karen. "Funny thing, I was thinking of taking a walk too. Mind if I walk with you? I'll be quiet." Mentally she called Red over. Tossing Red the keys she passed on Karen's instructions and followed her out. "I'll let you know if there's a problem," she added a moment later.

Karen ignored Cat as she walked through town and to the city park. It wasn't much more than a grassy area with a gazebo in it. Going to the gazebo she laid down on her back and after a minute said, "This coming down and being human sucks Catherin." When there was no reply she continued, "Can you imagine crushing on someone all through high school. Then at a graduation party having her go down on you and bring you off before she leaves for the army. I thought Sandy's life was a living hell, Rachel has had only one romantic experience, one date and that wasn't a date... it was a chance encounter." She sobbed softly, "How many more lives have been ruined because of me?"

"I wouldn't say you ruined her life, she has you now and has achieved her life's goal." Cat said softly.

"When I left she and Baby Girl were clinging together like babies crying. I made it worse by leaving but I couldn't stand to see their pain. I couldn't face it." Karen said not looking at her.

"Then you must heal her, make her yours," Cat replied. "Teach her all about pleasure and pain while teaching us to feed without losing ourselves." She rolled to her side and faced Karen. "Goddess, I know it is not my place to tell you what to do. However, as your friend, allow me to tell you what I would do in your place."

Karen rolled towards Cat and replied, "What would you do Marie?"

"I could mark Rachel as my own. She deserves that. Then I would teach her all I can with my daughters how to bring me pleasure. She desires that. Finally, when we have taken her as far as we can, I would make her my daughter and priestess." Cat paused and then added, "There is something about her that makes me want to protect and love her. But that's just me."

"Same here... the protect and love part I mean." Karen sat up and said, "Think they have calmed down by now?"

"I think they are calm and nearly in a full blown panic even though I am here with you," Cat replied.

"I was going to go back but..." She thought for a moment and closed her eyes, "Rachel, come to me. Close your eyes and you will know where I am at." Opening them she looked at Cat, "Let's see if she can hear." Karen laughed when a minute later she heard the soft sounds of squealing tires. The squeals got louder and then saw headlights driving across the grassy park towards the gazebo. Finally, a little blue sports car slid to a stop before it and the woman jumped out and ran to her.

Rachel jumped out, ran up and threw herself into Karen's arms. Clinging to her she said, "I'm here Mistress."

Cat said, "I think she could hear you."

"Ya think?" Karen said looking at Cat. She stroked Rachel's hair and said, "Rachel, while I would love to make you my slave girl, there is something in you that makes my daughter Cat want to love and protect. More than she would a follower or a simple temple slave." She caressed Rachel's face with the back of her hand and then bent forward to kiss her tenderly. She laid the girl back and rested her hand over her pubic bone, "I claim you as mine," she said as she placed her mark on the girl.

"Welcome home little sister," Cat said tenderly.

Hearing Cat's words and feeling as if she had just made love to Karen, Rachel moaned in pleasure. The moan cut off suddenly and she knew her sisters were in trouble.

"Oh shit!" Cat said sitting up and looking towards the club.

"Keep her safe," Karen commanded as she sprinted back towards the soft sounds of firecrackers. Even though the sounds stopped long before she ran the two miles, she didn't slow down. Running past Jane who was keeping the milling and panic-stricken crowd outside, she entered the club and skidded to a stop and looked around. "Ah fuck," she said softly. Better than twenty women lay wounded, dead or dying on the floor. She worked her way through them, sending those who needed on to her mother and healing the ones she could.

She found Red first, her priestess had been shot several times including a head shot which though her body lived, her mind was already with mother. "Oh Red," Karen sobbed as she blessed her and sent her soul on her way. Next to her lay Little Bit and Darkstar, "Like Red, Little Bit was gone and she sent her soul on its way. Darkstar had been gut shot and her legs broken by the passage of bullets. "Go or stay daughter," she asked tenderly.

"Better a cripple by your side than eternity without you," Darkstar's mind replied brokenly.

She healed the girl and sent her out. Karen continued healing those she could and blessing the dead and dying. She found Doll and Baby Girl together. Baby Girl was clinging to Doll and sobbing softly. "Let me have her love," she said taking the woman away from Baby Girl. She looked down at the glassy eyes stare and sobbed once. "I'm sorry Doll, be at peace with mother." She laid the dead woman back down and looked at Baby Girl as she healed her. "Take Darkstar, Cat, and Rachel home."

"Let me go with you Karen. Let me feed from his heart." Baby Girl said looking at Doll's face.

"No Baby Girl," Karen said. "Once you start on that path I will be forced to kill you myself. Sandy please take your three sisters home. I will be along shortly." Karen said. She stood and helped the girl up. Looking around the death and destruction she let out a soft sob as she guided Baby Girl outside. There she found Cat, Rachel and Darkstar clinging together and sobbing. "Cat..." When the girl failed to respond she snapped, "Major!"

Cat looked up at Karen half supporting Baby Girl, "Yes Staff Sergeant?"

"Take your sisters, all of them here and who can join us to my grove. I will be along once I punish the son of Adam who did this." Karen said. She looked around at her followers, "I will perform mass once I return and I expect all to be in attendance." She looked at Rachel, "I need your car."

"Of course Karen," Rachel said digging in her purse for her keys "I... We left it where I parked it."

She strode quickly the two miles back to where Rachel had abandoned the car. As she walked her purple latex body suit faded and her fatigues formed. Getting in she drove the short ways to a small house. Entering she saw a middle-aged woman cowering. "He's lost his mind," the woman whimpered.

"Leave...daughter of Eve." Karen commanded as she pointed to the front door.

The woman looked at her and then said, "Please don't kill him. Tommy's not thinking straight."

She looked at the woman and said, "Your Tommy killed fifteen of my followers and three of my daughters. "Leave now or I will send you to Eve for judgment."

Suddenly the woman stood up fully said in an angelic voice, "Sister, do not take your revenge. Lilith, once you cross the line you and your human will be lost to mother and I."

"Eve, how can I not? You didn't see what he did. He must pay for his crime." Lilith said not looking at her. She turned her eyes upward, "Mother please let me take my revenge. You taught us that blood must pay for blood!" Suddenly a woman stood before her and Karen dropped to her knees with a lowered head.

"Daughter, I know you are hurting but I can't allow you to intervene. Go home to your grove and your remaining daughters. Heal them and leave the son of Adam to your sister and I." The woman said.

"Mother, please allow me..." Karen said and then stopped. She looked up and after a long moment asked, "Has she ever won a fight with you?"

"Not when she was wrong and she knows it. Go home Karen, let me handle him."

"Great Mother, how can I face them? I was not there when I should have been. Take my life so that I may end my suffering." Karen sobbed.

"Child, you saved those you could and moved on those who needed it. Now go home Karen, your sisters and daughters need your calming voice."

Karen found herself pulling into the end of her driveway not knowing how she got there. Only finding the long driveway full of cars brought her back to herself. "Oh Lilith, how can we look them in the eye." The walk up the path to her grove was the longest walk she had ever made. Though it was dark well past moon fall, thousands of fireflies lit the way. In the inner grove, she found nearly one hundred women kneeling silently facing the alter. Going up to it, she knelt with bowed head, "Mother please welcome my daughters into your warm embrace."

She cried silently as she continued the mass for the dead. Once it was complete, she stood and turned to face the gathered women, "Daughters, give me your hurt, pain, and suffering. Be at peace. Don't let outsiders destroy our family and love for one and another." She paused and then added, "If you wish, you are welcome to stay as long as you wish here in my grove or home. My priestesses and I will do all we can to help you and your sisters through this dark day."

She watched as they filed down and towards the house and driveway. The last to leave was Baby Girl who stayed back a moment before she too turned and went down. Turning to face the alter Karen said, "Mother, I know it is not your way to turn back time. But I will pay any price you name to save their lives. Please hear my prayer."

"Mother add my voice to my big sister's and save her daughters and followers." Eve took Karen's hand in hers and said, "Mother, I know you wanted her to learn humility, but this is too far even for you."

She blinked and she was back at the club. Beside her was a devastatingly beautiful woman with long blond hair wearing a white latex body suit. They got out of the booth and walked to the door. "Go inside, make sure no one comes out until I say so Jane." Lilith said.

"As you command goddess," Jane replied.

Standing outside with her sister Lilith said, "Will you make me a promise little sister? Will you take care of my daughters and followers once this is over?"

"You know I will Lilith." Eve replied. She paused a moment and then added, "You and your host is going to die."

"Yes, but I am not afraid of death. If I can save even one, then I would gladly die." Karen said. She saw a figure staggering towards them with a pistol in each hand. As he got closer, she saw it was the young man who lost his fiancé to her. "I can't let you enter and try to kill them. If you want someone to vent your rage on, then I am to blame." Karen said stepping forward.

"It's your fault!" the young man said raising one of the pistols and shooting at her.

"You missed?" Karen said disbelieving his aim. "How the hell can you miss from ten feet away? Go home, let it go and serve your country." She said continuing forward. He shot and missed again, "If nothing else you will learn to shoot." She reached him and tore the pistol out of his hand. Tossing it to the ground behind her she said, "What will killing achieve? Peace?" She gave a short bark of laughter, "I know all too well what violence brings. All it brings is a death wish. Mine, Karen's, and once you kill us, your mother when she realizes her son killed an unharmed woman. Finally, you will have to live with your own shame for the rest of your very long life."

She reached down to take the other pistol away from him and that's when he brought it up and shot her repeatedly in the belly at point blank range. As she started to fall Karen heard Eve scream and then the man's head exploded. Looking back, she saw her sister holding the pistol she had tossed behind her "Oh sister what have I done..." she whimpered as she fell. Not only had Lilith gotten Karen killed but forced her sister into taking a life.

She fell to the ground and moaned softly. "Fuck that hurt." She became aware of running feet as Eve followed by her daughters rushed up to her. She reached up and stroked Eve's face tenderly, "I'm sorry little sister."

"Heal yourself Lilly... please for me," Eve sobbed.

"No the price must be paid," Lilith said. She looked past Eve to her priestesses, "Marie, it falls on to you to lead your sisters now."

"No Karen, you'll get well," Cat replied crying. "You can't die on us now."

"To save you girls I would pay any price," Karen said. She closed her eyes, "Great Mother, I'm ready." The pain disappeared and she opened her eyes surprised. Looking around Karen realized she was in a featureless white space. Beside her Lilith lay unmoving. "Goddess, don't tell me you're dead too."

"She is only sleeping child," a woman's voice said tenderly.

Karen looked around and saw the Great Mother seated on a wood stump. It looked as if her dress was made from vines and green fog. "Great Mother," she said as she rolled and knelt with her head lowered. "Please don't blame Lilith. I sought my own death. That it saved the others then so much the better."

"You must go back Karen."

She sat back up and looked at her, "Why? Haven't I suffered enough for my sins?"

"Daughter, of all my creatures, I would be hard pressed to find a human who is freer of sin than you. But like it or not, you must lead those who follow. Would you leave your squad in the middle of a patrol simply because you were tired?"

Dropping her head Karen said softly, "No..."

"Look up at me Karen as I tell you a story." The Great Mother said tenderly. "My first daughter, Lilith grew up without any rules. I thought that since she was a part of me, she would have control, compassion, and love in her heart." She looked at Lilith lying with her eyes closed, beside Karen. "I know you're awake Lilith, kneel beside your sister."

Karen reached out and gave Lilith a little hug as she came up to kneel beside her. Then it hit her, "Sister?" she asked looking from the Great Mother to Lilith.

"If I may continue..." The Great Mother said before Lilith could speak. When Karen looked back to her she said, "Lilith made a mess of things so I had to call her back to me. I then created Eve. Unlike her sister, she had strict rules she had to live by and was filled to the brim with compassion and love without any dominate personality traits that Lilith had." The woman looked down, "I know you are listening Eve, come sit with your sisters."

Karen saw Eve come forward and kneel on her other side. She gave her a hug, "I'm sorry I got you into my mess Eve. You didn't deserve to get your hands dirty any more than Lilith did." She looked at Lilith, "You should have let me face him alone goddess. It isn't right for your followers to see me die."

"Which brings me to you Karen," The Great Mother said. "If I had created a third daughter, you would be her. You have the best of both Lilith and Eve in you." She looked at Lilith, "Before I pass judgment, I would like to hear what you have to say for yourself Lilith."

"Mother, Karen deserves peace. I would give up my immortal life, dead and be forgotten to the ages if that be the cost of her peace. If you decide she must return to the hell that is earth, then please allow me to return also. In the short time I was in and with her, I found a sister I did not know about and would follow without reservation." Lilith said looking at Karen.

"You would put Karen before me?" The Great Mother asked.

"You are my mother and as such you always have the final word. However, with that said," She said looking up at her mother. She turned and looked at Karen, "I would take a bullet for you without hesitation and die if it allows you a single breath more." She looked back at her mother, "Mother, I love Karen and would walk beside her if she wished. I would kneel before her and walk behind her if it made her happy." She looked at Karen and said, "Mind, body and immortal soul I submit to you. You are my goddess and I worship the ground you walk on." She dropped her head to the ground.

"Lilith don't do this. You were the first born, you are my role model." Karen said.

"That may be Karen, but you are my goddess. You taught me compassion and love. I am yours and you are stuck with me." Lilith replied not raising her head.

"Eve what say you before these two get carried away." The Great Mother asked.

"Mother, I only have known Karen first hand for a pair of hours. Because of that and knowing you would judge her I went back and lived her past. Oh mother why did you allow it to happen?"

"What do you mean?"

"Mother, you could have stopped it at any time. Why did you force her to live through all that hell? No one, ever had to face the life Karen did. Never in all time had all that was such evil and wrong thrust on a single person. Why mother?" Eve cried.

"You have yet to tell me what you feel. All you have done was turn the question back to me."

"Mother, Karen deserves peace. If you must send her back, I would like to go back with her. As My sister said, Karen is someone worthy to follow and learn from." She looked at Karen, "Mistress, I know you do not know or follow my path. But would you allow me to follow and learn from you?"

"Eve, life as a human is not nice or fair. But I would be honored to have you and sister return with me if that is the Great Mother's judgment." Karen said.

The Great Mother got up and moved to kneel before Karen so that they were eye to eye. "To answer Eve, I forced you to live through all you did so that you may rise above it." She paused and then took Karen's hands in hers, "I claim you as my third daughter, with the best of both Eve and Lilith. Now do you see why I must send you back Karen?"

While she was mind blown, Karen was able to stammer out, "Yes mother." She caught herself and bowed her head as she corrected herself, "Yes Great Mother."

The next thing she knew she was pulled into a tight hug and heard the Great Mother say, "Call me mother, my dear little one. I'm so sorry I had you live the life you did, but now you are ready to lead others to the light."

"I'll do my best mother," she said hugging the woman back.

Karen found herself once more standing before the man just before he shot her. Just as his finger started to pull the trigger, she saw a red hand shoot forward and rip the pistol from his grip. She smiled at Lilith before turning back to the man. "I forgive you," she said tenderly as she pulled him into a hug. A moment later, he was holding her back and sobbing against her shoulder. She let him cry himself out. When he looked up at her she said, "Be at peace little brother and come with us." She slipped her hand around his waist and walked towards the entrance with Lilith and Eve following her a step behind.

She walked in and over to her booth. Smiling down at Baby Girl and Rachel she said, "Strip and excite him." As the pair moved forward, she went to the DJ, "Find a stopping point and fade the music. I would address everyone here." He gave her a look as if she lost her mind but the hard looks by Lilith and Eve both caused him to nod. Turning her head slightly Karen said, "Replace him with a sister."