Cat Nipped Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DorKnight
DorKnight
129 Followers

"Well that was a bust," Tara mumbles beside me. Her hand, once again fully attached dips down to her side, twists and comes up with something small and dark. My sunglasses! She hands them to me without a word.

"How... how did... what did? Damn!" My mind is struggling! I study the sunglasses in my hand, noting the tiny tooth marks on the tip of the left earpiece, the part I grip with my mouth when I fumble for my keys. They are clearly my sunglasses. There's no mistaking the notches and dings they've acquired over the last year. This is like what she does with the lube and massage oil, only this time she's done it in front of me! Next to me Tara is frowning, her jaw clenched tight and her mouth pursed in a hard, straight line. It makes me grin. Fierce little Tara!

"Hey," I say, "don't be mad." I try to rub her arm, but she pulls it away.

"Why not?" she asks angrily.

"Because I let you do lots of nasty stuff with me." That got her. I can't turn to look at her, there's enough traffic on the road that I have to keep most of my attention on driving, but from the corner of my eye I can see she's looking at me. "And this is kind of a big deal. I don't think taking a minute to catch up is any big deal. C'mon be my girl again and I'll let you feel me up while I drive." Tara groans in a good natured way.

"I'm sorry," she says. "I'm stressed. I'm scared to death of losing you."

"I told you babe, you're stuck with me now. You shouldn't have kidnapped my heart, you thief!"

"Remember that tonight," Tara mumbles.

"So tell me how you got my sunglasses."

"It's magic. I'm magic. All the time my body is building up magic. I have to have a very clear image in my mind of what I want to bring to me. Once I have the image fixed in my head I can reach out and bring it to me. For things I've pulled to me before I don't even have to concentrate very hard."

"So...you could grab a calculator or a remote control?"

"Anything really. I don't physically use my hands to bring it to me, the gesture only helps with my concentration."

"Oh. That is very, very cool. So if you studied my phone for a while do you think you'd be able to call that to you too?"

"Not a problem," Tara chuckles. "That's probably the number one thing I have to magic to myself too."

The rest of the trip is relatively quick and painless. I park the Jeep along the edge of my friend's yard and start getting out when Tara grabs my arm.

"One last thing," she says. "You know that you're everything to me right?"

So stinking sweet! "You're everything to me too," I answer back.

"Good! Then you'll be able to keep your temper when your friends start touching me."

My fists clench and I have to close my eyes while I count to ten. The thought of someone else touching Tara makes my shoulders tight. I want to scream. I'm making a low noise deep in my throat and I don't want to hold it in. "Breathe," Tara says, leaning in close and rubbing my arms with her hands. "It's the magic," she continues, "it makes people want to touch me. When people touch me some of my magic is transferred to them; it makes them feel good so they keep touching me."

"Why do you let them touch you then?" I ask.

"Because when its someone that I'm close to doing the touching the process reverses and my body produces more magic. It makes me feel good too."

I'm jealous. Ridiculously jealous. I want to be the only one who touches Tara. Tara is MINE! I keep breathing, taking as much air as I can, then breathing out until there is nothing left to come out. I do it again and again. In. Out. In. Out. Tara is not some knick-knack I can put on a shelf and keep for myself. If I try to treat her like she is I'll lose her. I'm sure of it. I'm nearly ok with Sydney and the rest of Tara's friends touching her. How much worse could this be? One more breath and I think I'll be capable of rational speech again. Maybe! "It's not a problem," I say. Even though it is.

Tara looks at me. She smiles and gives me a kiss. "Liar," she says.

One kiss becomes two. Two become four and before I know it I'm making out with Tara in front of my friend's house. I'm pretty sure I'd have gotten myself under control before I did something stupid, but I'll never know because the next thing I know someone is knocking on the window of the truck.

"Hey Jennifer, you think you and your girl can stop sucking face long enough to come in and say hi?"

I look at Tara, wink and say with a smile, "I don't know, you think we can stop sucking face long enough to say hi?"

Tara leans across me, offers my friend Barb a quick smile and says, "Hi!" When she's finished with her greeting she gives me a quick peck before getting out of the truck.

I get out as well, receiving a prolonged hug from Barb. Then Barb turns to Tara. At first she reaches out her hand, I assume to offer a shake, but as she draws closer her left arm opens wide. I can see the urge to touch Tara, to be in contact with her blossom in my friend Barb. Barb's face is practically alight, her smile both huge and sincere as she draws my girlfriend into a hearty embrace. "Well aren't you a looker?" she says to Tara when the hug is over. "I'm Barb by the way. You must be Tara? Thank you for coming today, everyone is so excited to meet you after hearing Jenn go on and on about you for the last few weeks." As per usual the words just pour out of Barb. Her husband is away, stationed in Germany until the end of the year and she is starved for adult contact. She continues, "You two are about the last to arrive, we're only waiting on Luis and his family. The kids and I spent all day yesterday setting up and decorating the back yard so come on in."

Barb hooks her arm in Tara's, hooks mine as well and leads us inside without asking or waiting for a reply. Same old Barb! Tara's too short to see me over Barb's shoulder, but I can feel her tension, feel her nervousness at what my reaction will be to Barb's extended touching. Honestly, I don't quite know how to feel. On the one hand my stomach is tight with an instinctive urge to protect what's mine even from one of the dearest friends I have. On the other hand it wasn't just Barb's face that lit up with the hug, Tara's face in the moment of embrace was almost angelic, her hazel eyes wide and shining, the tiny creases of the smile lines around her mouth showing. How can I deny her that? How can I deny her anything? I love her!!!

The three of us break apart as we move into the house and through the kitchen to the back deck. I'm about to say something light, something funny to let Tara know I'm okay with her being herself when Barb interrupts my train of thought. "Jeez, Jennifer what did you do?" she asks.

"Rough night," I say. "I didn't get much sleep last night."

"Didn't get much sleep, huh? We should all be so lucky. Of course I hear you're quite the lady in the sack," she says giving Tara a nudge with her shoulder. Tara's blush starts at her hairline and extends halfway down her chest leaving her beet red from her head down to her shoulders. Barb doesn't even notice. "God, Jenn you're a year older than me, how in the world can you look so stinking young. Did you have a Botox injection?"

Tara may be embarrassed but she doesn't miss a beat. "I think all the sex with me is keeping her young," she quips.

Barb stares at us for a minute then sighs, "I hate you both. The way I'm going through batteries these days you'd think I had stock in Duracell. Anyway, there's beer and other alcoholic drinks in the red coolers, soda, juice boxes and water in the blue coolers and tons of food on the tables. Make yourselves at home." She hurries away to spend time with the other guests, but before she gets too far away Barb turns back, "BTW love the tattoo chick. Your mom would've tried to cut those flowers and put them in a vase!"

I look over at Tara and say, "Its good to have friends who can stroke your ego. I know I look like a hot mess."

Tara chews her upper lip for a moment trying to decide what to say. Then slowly, reluctantly shakes her head no. "You look terrific."

Yeah right! "You must like the bruised look of baggy eyes."

"No bags there," Tara mumbles. "We're joined now, for better or worse. We'll keep sharing: thoughts, feelings, and energy until we reach equilibrium. Go look in a mirror if you don't believe me."

"Wait here," I say. I go to the downstairs powder room with the intention of finding a mirror. I shut the door behind me before turning on the light. Unbelievable! Tara's right. The bags are gone. So are the fine wrinkles next to my eyes and the laugh lines around my mouth. I look five years younger. Maybe more. I lean closer to the mirror, checking the image for the handful of grey hairs that appear in my hair. Nothing! I stare at myself in amazement, happy almost beyond belief, but nothing in life comes for free. What's the price for this transformation? What's the flip side? 'Something happens today that takes away my choices of letting you learn about me over a longer period of time '. That's what Tara said and I don't think this is it.

I make my way out of the powder room and back outside. Tara is where I left her on the deck. I'm about to discuss this latest development when my friend Luis and his family walk through the door. Tara shoves me roughly behind her and I get a glimpse of the speed and power Sydney had warned me about. "Do you know that man?" she asks pointing at Luis. Her voice is rough, low and menacing, a voice rife with impending violence.

"That's Luis," I say hurriedly. "He's a dear friend of mine."

Tara is still shielding me with her body, one arm on my hip keeping me behind her. "He's in a gang," she says, "a really bad one."

"Luis isn't in a gang. He's a detective in the Raleigh Police Department. Has been for years."

By the time we've finished speaking Luis is stalking toward us. No smiles from my dear friend now. He's all business. Luis isn't a big man, maybe 5' 9" or so, but there is a hard, dangerous edge to the man. Moving with a grace that subtly hides the sharpness of his movements he makes his way to Tara and me. "What did you do to me, chica? What the hell kind of a tattoo did you give me?" His wife Arianna and son Luis Jr (LJ for short) are just behind Luis.

Arianna is a petite blonde with a short pixie cut, but there's no mistaking her will or presence. She may be small, but her willpower is like Mt. Everest. She's in charge in that family and there's no mistaking it. Right now the anger is building in her face like a storm clouds massing on the horizon. The wise will run for cover! "Who is this young girl, Luis? More importantly what is she to you?" She asks her husband.

Luis doesn't answer her which is odd because I've never seen a more complete, more in tune couple. His steely eyes are locked on my girlfriend. "What did you do, chica?"

Tara doesn't give an inch. She's no longer threatening, but its clear she means to keep Luis away from me. It would be cute if the situation weren't so tense. "You said you wanted a tattoo," Tara words whip at Luis. "A gang tattoo. You said you wanted it, but no one could have wanted that tattoo less than you. I tried to talk you out of getting it. You know I did! I even told you I'd fix it when you were ready. Don't blame me for your mistakes!"

Luis' voice is every bit as sharp as Tara's. "Yeah you tried to talk me out of it and damn near blew my cover. You nearly got me killed you idiot. Now I can't get rid of the damn tattoo. I had the fucker lasered off. It came back! How the hell does a tattoo come back after being burned off with a laser? Because of you I haven't worn a short sleeve shirt in four years!" Hmmmmmm. Always wondered why Luis wore long sleeves. Guess I know why now. Luis pushes back the cuff of the long sleeve oxford he is wearing unbuttoned over a black t-shirt revealing a tattoo that covers the front of his right forearm. The work is beautiful, but the image is ugly somehow.

Tara grabs Luis' arm tightly. "Why didn't you come back?" she asks. "I told you I'd fix it for you."

"I did come back to the shop," Luis responds. "Richie said you'd left town."

Tara is still holding the arm, her hand clamped to the offending tattoo. "That da..," she looks down and sees LJ who has moved so that he's holding onto Luis' leg. "Hey, cutie!" Tara says looking down into LJ's face. She looks back up at Luis. "That darn Richie. I did leave his shop, but only to go to Wake Forest and open my own. He's such a hack. He's afraid I'll steal his customers. Anyway, I can still fix it if you want. I've got some Sharpie markers in my bag. If you let me mark on your arm I can show you what it would look like."

Luis is looking at Tara with wonder. Remember, Tara is drop dead gorgeous, but he's not looking at her in that manner. His look has more of the awe you might see looking at something majestic like the Grand Canyon or Niagra Falls. Meanwhile Arianna is looking back and forth between her husband and Tara. The storm clouds have vanished and there is a thoughtful, hopeful look on her face. I noticed a definite softening in her aspect when Tara said hello to LJ; Arianna loves her little boy fiercely. "Go ahead," Arianna says to Luis. "What do you have to lose?"

Tara guides us over to a picnic table that is only lightly covered with plastic utensils and other things. She's in her element now, directing Luis to pull up three chairs, and having me sit on one side of the bench table. Tara looks at me and says, "You remember how Syd helped me with your tattoo? I need you to do the same thing for me today. Will you help me?" Her face is so expectant, so earnest, I wouldn't say no even if wanted to. I definitely don't want to say no in any case. Holding Tara closely for an extended period of time. I'm in! Tara sits in front of me, pulling my arms until I've scooted into a position where my front is firmly pressed to her back. I wrap my arms around her middle. "You can lay your head on my shoulder if you want," she calls. Did I mention I'm in!

Now we are all in position. Luis sits in a chair pulled so it is at the head of the table in the center of the three chairs Tara asked him to bring. Arianna is sitting to his left and LJ is oddly enough placed in the chair closest to the arm Tara will be working on. Tara tells him, "You have to watch close to make sure I don't make any mistakes, ok?" LJ gives her huge grin before putting a serious look of concentration on his face.

Tara reaches into her purse pulling out a stack of Sharpie permanent markers rubber banded together. She has a black marker of course, but there are colors here I never knew sharpie made. There's yellow, gray, brown, red, green and more. She straightens Luis' arm out, beginning to work without fanfare. "So how long have you been a cop?" she asks Luis.

"Not quite ten years," he answers.

"Do you still do undercover work?"

"Not since LJ was born. I needed more stability."

Tara replies, "I understand. Family has to come first. How am I doing so far, LJ?"

LJ's answer is so darn sweet I want to scoop him up. "You're a good drawer. You're pretty too. You wanna get married when I grow up?"

"Quit trying to steal my woman," I call over Tara's shoulder. I can feel Tara's happiness. I can feel it. It's the strangest sensation to have first-hand knowledge of someone else's emotions. The only thing I can compare it to is giving a mental hug. That's what it feels like, like holding her emotions in my mind. Weird!

I can't see over Tara's shoulder so I watch Luis and his family instead. Arianna is trying to look everywhere at once: down at Luis' arm, over at Luis, up at Tara, even darting glances at me. I wonder if it is the speed at which Tara is drawing.

"Jesus, chica?" Luis sighs.

"Luis..." Arianna's voice is questioning, but also a little bit impressed.

"Almost done," Tara interjects, oblivious to Luis and Arianna. "Ok. What do you think? Told you I could fix it for you!"

"How...?" Luis looks like he's been poleaxed.

Arianna is nearly as stunned, but she at least is able to get a complete sentence out. "Do you have it with you, Luis?" Luis reaches into his back pocket pulling out his wallet. He hands Arianna a laminated card of some type. Arianna glances at the card briefly then reaches across Tara to hand the card to me. Turns out the card is actually a picture. Oh! It's a picture of Arianna from a few years ago. The picture is a candid one, not posed or staged like you might imagine. The picture shows Arianna from the waist up. In the picture Arianna's hair is still long, moving as she turn to face the camera. She is smiling, no she's laughing and her face simply glows with health/youth. There is a sparkle in Arianna's eye the picture has captured; somehow it gives me the impression Luis was the photographer. It's a nice picture, Arianna looks amazing in it, so carefree, so fluid, but I fail to see any relevance to anything we're doing right now.

"Come around here Jennifer," Arianna says.

Crap! When I've moved to the side I can immediately see that Tara has recreated the photo on Luis' arm. Not just a similar picture, but a near perfect reproduction of the photo I'm holding, somehow incorporating the ugly gang tattoo so it fades into the design of Arianna's shirt. There are words written above and below the picture: Para Felicidad, Para Amor. "What does it say?" I ask Luis.

Luis answers me, but he is staring at Arianna. "It says: For Luck, For Love. I say those words every day before I go to work. Anytime I'm feeling down or need to catch a break really."

"So how do you know about this...," I'm at a loss for words, "all of this?"

Tara answers, "He was holding this the night I gave him the gang tattoo. Like it was his lifeline or the only thing keeping him halfway sane."

"But how would you even remember something like that?" I ask Tara. Then I remember the trick with the sunglasses. "Do you have eidetic memory?"

"No," she replies, "but my memory is very good for pictures and images."

"Can you really do this, Tara?" Arianna asks.

"Sure. Most of the pieces were put in when I inked the original."

Luis asks, "How much chica?"

Arianna cuts him off. "Doesn't matter. We'll pay whatever the cost is. If that's what you want. Do you want to have my picture on your arm permanently?"

"Of course I want to have you on my arm, mi novia," Luis answers hauling Arianna in for a hug.

"Okay then, when do you think you can ink him Tara."

"I'm pretty booked right now. Maybe I could do it on the first Sunday of next month." She looks toward me, silently asking if that would be okay since Sunday has kind of become our special day to be together. I give her a nod.

We've all gotten up from our seats by this point, hashing out dates and times to get Luis' tattoo started. I've completely forgotten about LJ when I hear his cute little voice ask, "Ms. Tara is it my turn now? I want to look like Iron Man!"

***----------***

Tara and I have a terrific day. In the end, she uses grease paints to give all the kids silly faces. LJ's Iron Man paint is too stinking cute. Tara spends a while playing tag with the kids which gives me some time to catch up with my friends. Later the adults play a very suggestive card game. Some of the comments are risqué, some are extreme and some are simply gross, but we have a ton of fun during the game. True to her word, Tara is careful to keep the touching to a minimum. I don't understand why this is bothering me so much. Tara seems to be expecting it, making allowances for my unreasonable jealousy so maybe this is one of the things we'll be talking about tonight.

The sun is starting to dip and fatigue is starting to set in, my late night is beginning to take its toll. Tara and I are sitting together on a swinging bench beneath a huge, old oak tree. "We should get on the road soon," I say. "I'm going to go get a water and then we can say our goodbyes. You need anything?"

DorKnight
DorKnight
129 Followers