Cats 'n Dogs

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'It's not like that!' Sylvi and Roh said, making the others chuckle.

His father laughed. 'It's okay, you've got quite the catch there. She's-' he said before his jaw dropped as he looked closer at Sylvi.

'No, dad. Lumi looks like her, but she's the niece from someone I know at work. She's here to learn about work at the farm and see if it's something that fits her. I thought she could help around here.'

'Ah, okay then.' he said, smiled and nodded. 'I'm Galrum, but call me dad. I hope you'll have fun here while learning a lot.'

'Thank you.' Sylvi said, amused at how familiar they all were with someone they just met.

'And I hope he has shown his good side already.'

Pentu rolled her eyes. 'More like he has shown his worst side already in the shower.' she said while Sylvi and Roh almost choked.

'Oh my.' Wenta said while Galrum laughed.

'Reminds me of how I met their mother.' Galrum said as he sat down at the table, watching his wife chuckle. 'I was working at her father's farm, helping out while he had a sprained wrist, and I had just driven his sheep inside the barn when I slipped and fell face forward in the mud. This young lady here, who had been nagging me for some time because I am Kanine, was laughing her ass off.'

'You just looked so funny, your muzzle covered in mud.' Wenta said as she put the food on the table.

'Well, I wanted to get back at her, so I pulled her into the mud.' he said and chuckled, stroking his wife's back. 'We ended up wrestling until we were out of breath.'

'I can still remember my mother scolding us. And that was how our life together started.' she said, ruffling her husband's hair.

Sylvi sipped her water and looked at the sibling's parents. He was obviously Kanine, but she didn't show any sign of canine attributes. 'You said because you were Kanine, aren't you both then?'

Wenta smiled gently at her husband. 'No, I'm fully human.'

'Pentu has inherited most of the Kanine blood, Roh most of the human.' Galrum said. 'We were really lucky to have them.'

Sylvi nodded. She knew interspecies couples with children were rare. But those who were born from such a union were usually stronger than the purer species. She looked at Roh and remembered his firm body, then felt her face turn hot and looked back at his parents.

'So,' said Galrum with a grin. 'don't worry and everything will work out fine.'

Sylvi coughed. 'Worry? Why would I worry?'

'Dad,' said Roh. 'eat.'

His father laughed and filled his plate.

*

After dinner they sat in the living room and Pentu asked about Sylvi's home-town. Sylvi talked about the small town near one of the royal mansions, pretending to have grown up there as an average girl. Roh tried his best to keep a straight face and concentrated on his beer. Sylvi didn't have to hold back when his parents talked about him growing up.

Roh escorted Sylvi to the guest room at the end of the evening. She giggled, feeling a little tipsy from the two glasses of wine she had.

'That was fun.' she said. 'You have a great family.'

'Yeah. We're pretty close.' he said when they arrived at her room. 'Well, the room isn't as comfortable as a castle, but I hoe you'll sleep well.'

'I will, it's not like I need to be pampered all the time.'

'Oh? So only some of the time then?'

She smacked his arm. 'You know what I mean!'

He grinned. 'Sleep well, princess.' he said, bowing to her as he stepped back. 'Let me know when you miss your own bed and I'll drive you back home.'

'Idiot.' she said and went into her room, sticking out her tongue at him before closing the door.

She sat down on the big soft bed and giggled. 'I'm actually away from the castle and on my own at a farm out of town. This is so unreal..' she said to herself, then giggled at the goosebumps her excitement gave her, before undressing and crawling into bed to sleep.

***

'Good morning.' Sylvi said as she walked into the kitchen.

'Good morning Lumi.' Wenta said, sipping a cup of tea while she read a book. 'Did you sleep well?'

Sylvi nodded. 'Very well, thanks.'

'Tea?'

'Please.' Sylvi said as she sat down. 'The others not here?'

'My husband is working on the fields, Roh has already gone to town to work and took Pentu with him to spend a day at a friend's house.' Wenta said, putting down a cup of tea in front of Sylvi. 'Hungry?'

Sylvi nodded and Wenta set the table for her.

'So, what can I do today?' she asked.

Wenta sat down again. 'We'll start with the vegetable garden and the glass house today. Need to pull the weeds and harvest the first carrots. But first I need to get you something better to wear when you're digging in the dirt.'

Sylvi looked down at her short dress. 'I don't have anything simpler than this..'

'I have some old clothes that should fit you. I'll teach you to make some clothes for yourself later.'

Sylvi smiled as she ate, thinking about doing the things she was forbidden to do all this time.

**

Roh and Pentu arrived home at the end of the day and she hurried inside to see what Sylvi was up to.

By the time Roh walked into the kitchen she and Sylvi were talking about what Sylvi had done in the garden while Sylvi peeled potatoes. His mother was preparing the meat.

'Hey mom.' he said, giving her a peck on the cheek. 'Did she behave today?'

'Hey, she's a very sweet girl. Be happy she's here.' his mother said and Sylvi gave him a devious smirk.

'Did you worry about me all day?' Sylvi asked.

'More about finding home in one piece when I got back.' he grinned and ducked to avoid a piece of potato.

'No playing with food.' Wenta said. 'Go and get yourself cleaned up, dinner will be ready soon.'

Roh tossed the potato back at Sylvi sticking out her tongue before going to the bathroom for a shower.

*

After an evening of more talk and relaxing, Sylvi and Roh walked to their rooms in the back.

'So, how was your first day? Ready to go back home?' he asked with a chuckle.

She bumped him with her shoulder. 'And admit you're right? Never.' she said and smiled softly. 'Besides, I had fun today, taking care of the garden, getting taught by mom, I mean, your mother.'

'She's happy to have someone around the house during the day. She's often alone when dad and I are at work and Pentu's at school. Her friends aren't exactly in the neighbourhood, so she sees them only about once a week.'

Sylvi nodded. 'I understand.'

They stopped at her room. 'So, I'd like to thank you for coming up with this crazy idea of making me take you here.' he said. 'Mother looks like she has gained another daughter.'

'Hey, it was your idea, you suggested your farm as an example.' she said, sticking out her tongue playfully. 'And there's no need to thank me, I'm glad you gave in and brought me.'

He put up his hands. 'Only to see you fail and have to admit I'm right.' he said, smiling deviously.

She moved up to him and poked his chest. 'Oh, you'll regret that soon enough when I'll have you grovel through the dust.'

'Like at the breakfast you made me?'

She roared in mock anger and tried to hit him while he warded her off and laughed. He managed to grab her wrists and she struggled for a moment before giving up. 'I hate you..' she said.

'And I wish you a good night, dear princess.' he said, letting her go. 'I'll see you tomorrow at breakfast.'

She watched him go into his own room before closing her own door and chuckled at the idea of being a daughter to his mother. She thought that would only come true if she got together with him and her heart skipped a beat. She shook her head. "Not happening.." she thought and prepared to go to sleep.

***

'Good morning, princess.' Roh said as he met Sylvi at the bathroom.

'Good morning.' Sylvi said and folded her arms. 'Do you have to go around like that in the morning?'

He looked at himself, wearing nothing but his pants. 'Well, I wasn't planning on getting fully dressed to go freshen up in the bathroom where I'd take off my shirt anyway.' he said. 'Or does royalty do it like that?'

'Of course not! But we do have bathrobes for that.'

'Ah.' he said and nodded. 'Well, we're just simple folk with simple habits.'

She saw the smirk on his face and poked him. 'Don't try to play dumb with me! You're in the presence of a princess!'

'Princess?' asked Pentu, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

Sylvi looked back at her. 'Ah, I mean, I was just trying to teach him some manners. All men should treat women as princesses.'

'Oh.' said Pentu. 'I like that idea. Then all men have to be knights.'

'Right.' said Sylvi, glancing at Roh. 'They should be courteous and decent all the time.'

He grinned. 'Sorry to disappoint you lovely princesses.' he said, taking their hands to kiss them as he bowed. 'This black knight does not belong in the dreams of sweet girls.'

'My brother will never be like a real knight.' Pentu sighed as they watched him return to his room.

'But you like him more like this, don't you?' asked Sylvi, seeing Pentu's tail wag.

'Of course! My brother's the best.' Pentu said and walked into the bathroom. 'Don't you like him, Lumi?'

'Why would I?' said Sylvi, following her. 'If I marry someone, he has to be a real knight.'

'But then you'd have to be a real princess.'

'Ah, yes, right.'

'So then you'll have to marry my brother.'

'How did it come to this!? I haven't even gotten close to him yet!'

'Yet? So you will?'

Sylvi let out a groan. 'Wash your face.' she said and splashed her own face with cold water.

*

Wenta looked at Sylvi after breakfast. 'You don't have anything else than dresses?'

Sylvi looked at her dress. 'Not really. I never got simple clothes.'

'Then I'll teach you how to make clothes you can safely wear around the farm. If something happens to those, it's no big deal.'

Sylvi followed Wenta to the room which held the washing machine and sewing machine. Wenta showed her the clothes she had made and the various materials she had. She started off first with an overall that belonged to Roh when he was a few years younger. It was the right height for her. Sylvi learned to alter the clothes and with a bit of effort she could wear the overall to work in the garden or in the barn.

'What's this?' Sylvi asked, seeing a black, shiny roll.

'I got that from someone in trade for a couple of bags of vegetables. He had no use for it.' Wenta said and stroked the soft material. 'I haven't had any use for it so far.'

'It's beautiful.' Sylvi said, stroking the roll.

An idea sprung up in Wenta's mind. 'Lumi, take off the overall. I need to measure you again.'

**

Roh came home early since things were quiet at the garage. He walked to the back when he almost bumped into Sylvi coming out of the wash room, wearing the long, sleeveless dress Wenta had made from the silky black textile. His attention was drawn at once at the low cut on her back and the contrasting curves between the shiny blackness and her fluffy white back, arms, and swaying tail.

'What? Does it look bad?' she asked after he kept staring at her.

'On the contrary, you look beautiful..' he said with a soft smile.

Her heart skipped a beat and she looked away, her cheeks heating up. 'O., of course I do! Be grateful you get to see it because it's too precious to wear again.' she said, then hurried to her room.

'My, my..' said his mother and smirked a little. 'Looks like you do know how to woo a girl.'

'Huh?' he said and looked at his mother. 'It's not like that!'

She chuckled as he went to his own room.

*

After he returned he found his mother and Sylvi in the kitchen. 'Hey, is that?' he asked, seeing the overall Sylvi wore.

'Yes.' his mother said. 'After a little adjustment they were perfect for her.'

'Well, less glamorous than the dress, but these do fit you.' he said to Sylvi. 'How does it feel to wear my clothing?'

'Don't remind me..' she said, sticking out her tongue.

His mother chuckled. 'It's not like she's wearing the shirt you wore last evening.'

Roh opened his mouth, then shut it. 'Never mind. I'm going to chop firewood.' he said and left the kitchen.

'Well,' said Wenta. 'ready to get cooking?'

Sylvi nodded.

*

Sylvi took a mug of cold water to Roh some time later at the request of his mother. She heard the chop of the axe at the barn and walked inside to see him swing the axe and let it fall to split the wood on the chopping block. She had seen the gardener chop wood before, but seeing the muscles work in Roh's sweaty bare back was something new. The tension as he swung the axe back and overhead to strike the wood rippled through his back.

'Sylvi?' he asked, spotting her when he picked up the next piece to split.

'Your mother asked me to bring you something to drink.' she said and handed him the mug.

'Thanks.' he said and emptied it at once, ending with a satisfied sigh. 'I was just getting thirsty.'

She looked at the large pile of wood to avoid looking at his partially naked body. 'You have to do all that?'

'Yeah, but I usually chop some every evening, so there's no big hurry to get it all done. And it's good exercise.' he said with a grin.

'Have fun then, I'm going back.' she said and went back, but took a moment to watch him swing the axe one more time.

*

'Smells good.' Roh said as he walked into the kitchen. 'What are we having?'

'Something new.' his mother said as he sat down at the table with the rest of the family.

She and Sylvi placed the last pans on the table and sat down.

'Ohh.' said Galrum, watching the skewers still sizzling in the frying pan. 'I already think we'll be short.'

'Da-ad.' said Pentu. 'Don't be such a pig.'

'Hey, if it looks and tastes good, I don't want to stop eating.' he said and winked at his wife.

'Behave.' she chuckled and hit his shoulder. 'Let's eat.'

They dug in and Roh was surprised at the mixture of sour and sweet flavoured pork and chicken. 'This is good. You really made something good today, mom.'

His mother smirked. 'It was Lumi who had the idea and made it.'

Sylvi showed Roh a sly grin as he looked impressed at her. 'You're going to lose.' she said.

'This is just one thing.' he said. 'Although I have to admit you won this round.'

'Be prepared for much more.'

'What are you talking about?' asked Pentu.

'Oh, nothing special.' said Roh and took another skewer out of the pan. 'I'm just wondering if we'll get more surprises like this.'

'You're hoping to eat her cooking every day from now on?' asked his father. 'It does sound she's willing to, which is good if you guys decide to hook up.'

'It's not like that.' they said.

*

'It really was good.' Roh said while he dried the dishes.

'Seeing how you and dad fought over the last skewer, I believe you.' Sylvi said, chuckling.

'I'm impressed at how quick you picked up cooking, what with that breakfast just days ago.'

She poked his chest. 'I told you that was because I had trouble with that kitchen..'

He smiled deviously. 'I guess this kitchen fits you better then.'

'Maybe.'

'But then you'll not be able to leave here.'

'You would like that, won't you?' she said, crossing her arms.

He put away the dishes. 'With food like this, I would, yeah.'

She looked away. 'Maybe I will stay a little longer after I win, only to give you one last meal to make you remember how wrong you were.'

He leaned closer. 'Make me more, and I'll say how wrong I was every day.' he whispered.

She turned him towards the door and pushed him out of the kitchen. 'Stop spouting nonsense and just go to the living room!' she said while he snickered.

'Aren't you coming?'

'I'll be there. I just have to do something mom asked me to do.'

'Okay?' he said and went into the living room.

Roh was discussing repairs on the fence at the back of the farm with his father when his father looked up and smiled. Roh looked back at the direction of the door and saw Sylvi standing there, a little unsure in the black silk dress.

'Now, this is the look of a princess.' Galrum said.

'Did you make it?' Pentu asked, moving closer to look at Sylvi.

'It was mostly mom.' Sylvi said, feeling embarrassed.

'I only showed Lumi what to do.' Wenta said. 'She makes the silk look good.'

Galrum nudged his son. 'Go on, say something.'

Roh smiled. 'I'll only repeat myself, saying she looks beautiful.'

Wenta leaned closer to her husband. 'He already saw it this afternoon.'

Galrum nodded. 'I see. Then I want to have a first now.' he said, turning on the radio, selecting a station with dance music and walked up to Sylvi, bowing a little. 'Can I ask this dance of you, pretty young lady?'

Sylvi giggled and nodded. Galrum took her by the hand and waist, then lead her into a dance.

'You dance very well.' Sylvi said.

'Thank you. Wenta and I used to dance a lot when we were young.'

'My friends were a little jealous when they found out he could dance better than their boyfriends.' chuckled Wenta.

Pentu grabbed her brothers hand. 'Dance with me.'

He smiled. 'All right, but don't complain if I step on your toes.'

When the song changed, Galrum said 'Switch.' and handed Sylvi over to Roh while he took his daughter in his hand.

'Milady.' Roh said, taking Sylvi's hand.

'Milord.' she said. 'I'll try to keep quiet if you step on my toes.'

He snickered. 'Thanks. I'll try to keep my feet in check.'

The family had danced together the whole evening when Roh gave Sylvi a nod in the direction of his parents. They were dancing slowly, gazing into each other's eyes. He moved quietly with Sylvi out the door and into the court.

'That was the song they played for their first dance at their wedding.' Roh said.

'It's a beautiful song.'

He nodded. 'Pentu and I are planning to be gone for the day and night at their anniversary later in the year to give them a little romantic privacy. Pentu can stay at a friend's house that day.'

'And you?'

He shrugged. 'I'll go for a drink and a bite and sleep at the garage.'

'If you're nice and beg, I could let you stay in one of the dog houses.' she chuckled.

Oh, so you really think of me as a dog, eh?'

'Well, aren't you?' she said, smiling innocently.

'I should chase you up into a tree.' he said and barked a little at her.

'Ah, help me!' she said, pushing him and laughing. 'I'm threatened by a mad dog!'

He pulled her tighter, growling and barking more. 'Put me in the dog house and I'll keep you up all night.'

'Fine! Fine! You can stay in a basket at the end of my bed like a good pet.' she said, laughing and struggling.

Roh growled more while she struggled and she lost her footing, pulling him down with her on the floor. Sylvi chuckled as she saw the surprised look on his face. 'Bad dog.' she said.

'And I thought a cat always landed on her feet.' he chuckled.

She hit his arm. 'Not when she's wearing a tight dress and being pestered by a dog.'

'Remind me to pester you only when you're not in dress then.' he grinned.

'I think I'll keep wearing this one from now on then.'

'Then I'll have at least something good to look at.'

She looked into his eyes, her heart beating faster, wondering why his words had an effect on her.

He stood up, took her hands in his and pulled her up quickly, making her end up in his arms. She thought he was strong already, but in his arms she could really feel his strength.

He stroked his fingers through her hair. 'Got some dust in your beautiful hair.' he said. He let her go and for a moment and she wished there had been more dust in her hair.

He walked her back to her room again. 'It was fun, see you in the morning.' he said.

'It was, see you tomorrow.' she said, giving him a little wave as he looked back once on his way.

She went into her room, looking into the large mirror at her dress one more time and smiled softly, imagining how Roh would look in a suit next to her. She told herself to find an unused suit at home and ask Wenta to adjust it for him, then got ready for bed.