Cats 'n Dogs

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Occasionally one of the guards passed on horseback and she expected they had taken her to a really remote place where no one ever came. She sat into a big chair, feeling defeated. She was sure they wouldn't let her go unless she agreed to the terms of Roh's release. Pain filled her heart and she cried her eyes out, afraid for his safety.

*

Sylvi looked up as a maid came in, carrying a tray with tea and snacks. 'Are you okay, your highness?' she asked, putting the tray on a table after seeing Sylvi's red eyes.

Sylvi shook her head. 'Where am I?'

'I'm sorry, your highness, but I don't know. I got summoned from Hertford mansion in the night and was brought here in a darkened car. They told me I had to serve you here while you were kept safe and secret.'

'Figures..' Sylvi said and rubbed her eyes. 'I suppose they didn't say anything apart from having to stay here.'

'Your highness?'

'What's your name?'

'Hana.'

'Hana, there's more going on.' Sylvi said, leaning closer to Hana. 'Right now Kharr has imprisoned the one I love, and I'm afraid he's hurting a lot. Is there a way to get a message to him?'

Hana pondered for a while, then remembered an old method that the maids used for fun. 'I know something. It was used in time of war but we use it sometimes to send secret messages between us maids. It's disguised as shopping lists.'

'Oh?' Sylvi said, raising an eyebrow.

Hana giggled. 'It's mostly gossip about who has an eye on any handsome man.' she said, then took Sylvi's hand. 'What do you need me to relay?'

***

Roh stretched his sore limbs and cursed in his mind. He needed a way to get out of here and find Sylvi. He'd get her back, even if he had to fight the entire army. He would not give in into despair.

He tensed up at footsteps in the corridor. "Another beating?" he thought before his door was unlocked and a maid hurried inside.

'I haven't got much time.' she said. 'Word from the princess is that she's fine for now and wants to see you. We don't yet know where she's being held, but as soon as we know something we'll let you know.'

Roh felt relieved and leaned back against the wall. 'Thank you..'

'I have to get back now. The rats we let loose will soon be caught by the men.' she said with a wink. 'They can't refuse to help a poor maid in distress.'

He grinned. 'I'm sure..' he said as she left and locked his door again.

***

'Good morning, your highness.' said Hana when she walked in with breakfast.

Sylvi rubbed her eyes, feeling tired after too little sleep. 'Leave the good..'

Hana came close. 'Maybe not, after hearing from the castle.' she whispered.

Sylvi felt suddenly awake. 'You've heard from Roh?'

'They did beat him up, but he's not in a real bad shape. He was happy to hear you're fine.' Hana whispered, placing the tray with breakfast on a bedside table.

'I'll make them pay..' said Sylvi, grinding her teeth but happy to hear about him.

'The maids at the castle are all behind you since you looked so much happier with Roh. We're looking into a way to get him out and you two together.'

Sylvi sipped from the tea Hana had given her. 'We need more than that. Father and Kharr won't let us stay together.' Sylvi said softly. 'Father despises the idea of me with someone who isn't royalty and Kharr wants to get a shot at the throne for himself.'

Hana nodded. 'I'm sure they'll think of something at the castle. The older maids are very resourceful.'

Sylvi gave her a soft smile. 'I'll bet they are. I remember miss Hastel always finding me when I tried to hide.'

'I won't be able to send a message today, but I can do something tomorrow.'

'Thank you. If nothing else, tell Roh I love him.'

Hana smiled at Sylvi. 'I'll pass that on for certain.'

Sylvi closed her eyes again after Hana left her, thinking of Roh and feeling relaxed enough to get some more sleep.

**

'Heard anything more?' Roh asked when another maid entered his room.

She shook her head. 'We can't communicate every day. That would get suspicious.'

Roh sighed and nodded. 'Of course.'

'We're discussing options to get you out of here and back with the princess.' the maid said, taking out a small pot with salve and applying it to his bruises. 'We need something to convince the king to let you two stay together.' She stopped her treatment and looked into his eyes. 'You do want to stay with her, don't you?'

He smiled softly. 'I want to marry her and grow old with her. I already imagined our days on the farm.'

She smiled and continued her treatment. 'I wouldn't be surprised if she'd leave the castle to live on a farm.'

'I just don't get why her father doesn't want her to be with me. Being a peasant isn't good enough despite loving her more than anything?'

'Yeah, sometimes he seems uncomfortable when he and the queen discuss the princess's future..'

Roh watched the maid as she stopped massaging his arm. 'Something wrong?'

She looked him in the eyes, excitement growing in her face. 'That just might be it..'

'What?'

'I have to know for sure since I only know the old rumour.' she said standing up and carefully opening the door. 'I'm going to ask right away.'

He heard her lock the door and hurry away, leaving him puzzled.

***

The next day several messages had been passed between the castle and mansions. At the end of the day the maid came back to Roh while the guards were distracted by dinner.

'We have a chance tomorrow.' she said. 'Kharr will be driving to the princess, and we think she's at a cabin that hasn't been used in a long time by the royal family. We can get you out after breakfast, you get on that ride and keep hidden until you can take the princess to the town marked on this map.'

Roh looked at the small map she gave him and nodded. 'I don't know how to thank you.'

She smiled. 'She lets you know she loves you. Just make her happy.'

He chuckled. 'That's a given. So I'll have to think of something else.'

'We get to experience a real romantic situation, that's already something.' she said with a wink and left.

***

'Ready?' asked Kharr to his men at the van.

'All supplies are loaded.' one of them said.

'Good.' Kharr said, then had a feeling in his gut something wasn't right. 'Open the back.'

Another guard opened the back doors and Kharr got in, checking the contents of every crate and bag.

'Something wrong, sir?'

Kharr got out and hummed. 'Apparently not.' he said, then got in the van to drive to the cabin.

**

By the time the van was unloaded at the cabin, Hana sneaked to it and figured Roh didn't get a chance to get on board when she saw no sign of him.

'Damned.' she said and kicked the van. 'The princess needs you, Roh.'

A click beneath her caught her attention and the sudden opening of a compartment startled her.

'Hey.' said Roh as he looked up at her. 'You called for me?'

*

'I know that model van has a large enough compartment for tools and spare tire, so I used that to hide instead of between the cargo.' Roh said after Hana brought him to a large shed at the back of the cabin. 'How's Sylvi?'

'Unhappy, for now.' she said. 'She'll feel happy when I tell her you're here, but I'll have to keep you hidden tonight before you and the princess can get away.'

He nodded. 'I hate to be so close and not see her, but it's safer.'

'You can hide on the platform up there.' she said, gesturing at the ladder against the wall. 'I'll bring you something to drink and eat later.'

'Thank you.' he said before Hana sneaked out the shed and he went up the platform.

*

'Good evening, your highness.' said Hana, bringing dinner into Sylvi's room.

'Just put it over there, will you?' said Sylvi, pointing at the small table at the window. 'I'm not really hungry.'

'As you wish.' Hana said, then moved to Sylvi to exchange her glass with a clean one. 'Although he might not like hearing you aren't eating well when I bring him something to eat later.' she whispered.

'Who?'

Hana saw Sylvi's puzzling look on her face and smiled. 'Your knight in shining armour.'

Sylvi had to process her answer, then excitement filled her heart. 'Roh?' she whispered and grabbed Hana's arm. 'Roh's here?'

Hana gave a slight nod and Sylvi's ears pricked up. 'You're not kidding? He's really here?'

'I have him hidden for the night.' Hana said. 'He has instructions on how to reach the nearest town and where to go with you, but you'll have to hold out until it's safe tomorrow.'

Sylvi nodded. 'That's gong to be so darned hard now.'

'I'll come back to keep you company. I know the captain will come by later to check up on you, I'll be there after that.'

Sylvi nodded. 'I regained my appetite now, but I'll leave the dinner so he won't think I'm feeling okay.'

'Then I'll inform Roh.' Hana said, collecting dirty glasses and leaving the room.

Sylvi shook with delight, then took a couple of deep breaths and forced herself to look sad and angry again.

*

'You highness.' Kharr said as he walked into the room.

'What do you want?' Sylvi growled.

'Just a little talk.' he said, sitting on a windowsill. 'Have you thought it over?'

'I'm not going to marry anyone else than Roh.' she said, hugging her knees.

'That would be rather hard when he's in jail.' he said, looking around the room.

'I'll tell everyone what you did!'

A sly grin came over his face. 'That would also be hard when you have to stay here because of bad health.'

Her eyes grew wide. 'You wouldn't.'

'Your father agrees with me.'

Sylvi grabbed the glass beside her and threw it at him. He deflected it and it broke into pieces on the floor.

'Careful, your highness.' he said, going back to the door. 'It'll only confirm your worrisome mental state.'

'I'd rather go insane than accept you!' she shouted as he left the room.

*

Hana came soon to clean up the broken glass and Sylvi helped her.

'Sorry for the mess, Hana.' Sylvi said.

'Don't worry about it, your highness.' Hana said, then whispered 'Roh asked me to tell you he loves you.'

Sylvi's heart skipped a beat and smiled. 'I want to get out of here with him. I don't care if we live on our own somewhere far away, as long as he stays with me.' she whispered.

'Just a little patience. One of the castle maids lives in the town you go to, she can bring you to another town where one of the other maids can give you shelter for as long as it takes.'

'Thank you, for everything.' Sylvi whispered, her hand on Hana's.

'We're no army battalion, but the maid squad will not be underestimated.' Hana chuckled.

***

Sylvi felt groggy when she woke up, having slept little during the night while thinking of how close Roh was.

The opening of her door surprised her and she saw Hana sneaking in, putting a finger against her lips. She went to the closet and gathered warm clothing and socks. She gave them to Sylvi, whispering 'Time to go.'.

Sylvi's heart raced as she dressed quickly while Hana kept an eye on the hallway. Hana led her into another room as soon as Sylvi was dressed and they went outside through the window, where Sylvi found Roh waiting for them in the bushes.

'Ro-' she started to say but he silenced her with his hand on her mouth.

'We have to be quiet.' he whispered.

Sylvi nodded and he pulled back his hand. She didn't give him a chance to prevent her from kissing him though. He answered by a short, passionate kiss and a wide smile. 'The rest will have to wait.' he whispered.

He gestured at the garage and the girls nodded before they hurried to the back of it.

'We'll use this blind spot to go down to the stream, then we're out of sight enough to follow it further down to the forest.' he said.

They rounded the corner of the garage, only to find the king and Kharr waiting for them.

'Shit.' Roh said.

'Looks we can add more to the list of charges against you.' Kharr said.

The sounds of footsteps behind them told Roh enough and restrained his anger. 'You knew we were going to escape.' he said.

Kharr grinned at Hana. 'Did you think I didn't know about the maid code as a captain of the royal guard?'

'I hate you!' Sylvi said, tried to slash him with her claws but Roh held her back. 'He's not worth it.' he said.

'And you!' shouted Sylvi at her father. 'Why are you so against Roh!?'

'Because peasants shouldn't marry royalty!' the king shouted. 'They have nothing to do with getting involved with our class! They can't measure up to us!'

'Oh? Is that so?'

The king froze at the cold familiar voice behind him.

'Peasants have nothing to do with royalty, eh?'

'I..' he whispered.

'Looks like we have a lot to discuss later.' the queen said as she moved forward. 'Especially when it comes to how some of your staff handles matters.'

The glare of the queen's yellow eyes made Kharr cringe and he bowed. 'Forgive me, my queen. I only-'

'Silence!' she snapped. 'I've been having a word with your mother, and she's waiting for you at home right now!'

He swallowed and stepped back. 'As you command.' he said with a shaky voice, then left, knowing how good his mother could be at punishing him, even now.

Roh looked at the queen dressed in a tight, light green dress, her fur and long hair pure white as Sylvi's, her eyes commanding but turning soft as she stepped closer and looked at him. He recognised Sylvi in her face.

'So, you're the cause of all this?' she asked.

'He's not at fault, mother!' Sylvi said, clinging to Roh. 'I started it all and he just let me indulge in my stupid whims!'

Roh stroked Sylvi's arm, smiling softly at her. 'I'm just as much at fault. Especially for falling in love with her.'

'Do you think peasants and royalty can live happily together?' the queen asked.

He didn't take his eyes off Sylvi's. 'I don't know about that. I only know I could live happily with Sylvi.'

Sylvi caressed his cheek, smiling gently at him.

'Good answer.' the queen said. 'You have my blessing.'

'But the trouble it'll cause!' the king said, looking at his wife. 'You know all the sneers and harsh treatment you had to go through! I don't want her to go through all that!'

The queen looked at her husband. 'Did you think I wasn't prepared to get through all that if I didn't love you so much?' she asked. 'Weren't you?'

The king sighed. 'I just..'

'I know.' the queen said and tickled under his chin. 'Don't you think they're ready to take on the world like we did? You almost lost your daughter into obscurity.'

Roh looked puzzled at Sylvi and Hana.

Hana chuckled. 'It's only mentioned in the official history of the royal family, and only the older maids have witnessed it. The king fell in love with a peasant girl and married her despite protests from his family. I confirmed it with the head maid and she told the whole story to her highness the queen.'

'So, what choice did I have but to come in person and put this idiot husband of mine in his right place?' the queen said with a devious smile.

Roh bowed before her. 'I thank you for you confidence in me. I'll try my best to not disappoint you, or Sylvi.'

She held out her hand and lifted his chin to make him stand up. 'No, I thank you for bringing happiness to my daughter.' she said and bowed her head before him.

Roh felt a little awkward and Sylvi squeezed his hand. 'Welcome to the family.' she whispered.

'Get ready for the most harsh training you'll ever get in your life, boy.' the king said and bowed his head. 'From now on you'll be responsible for both Sylvi and the future of the country. And I'll be the one drilling you.'

Roh bowed to the king. 'I'm looking forward to your guidance.'

****

Roh sank down into a soft chair after the late wedding party. 'I've never even gotten so tired after harvest.' he sighed.

Sylvi stood before him in her frilly light-red wedding dress, her hands behind her back, and smiled. 'Well, you'll now have to prove peasants can do what royalty can do.'

He chuckled. 'You proved your point, I'm not about to lose to you now.' he said, then smiled gently at her. 'You're so beautiful.'

She loosened the knot of the string on her back, then let the dress fall to the floor and stepped out of it to straddle him, showing a note.

'What's this?' he asked as he ran his fingers through the fur on his wife's thighs, his desire for her growing.

'You remember our first time?' she whispered, leaning closer to him and kissing his nose.

'A memory I will never forget.' he whispered, kissing her nose back.

'And do you remember what I told you the day Kharr took us to the castle?' she asked, unbuttoning his shirt.

He thought for a moment, moving his fingertips along her sides while she undid his belt and zipper. 'Make the excuse of being pregnant real? Although I didn't think that would have been possible in that short time.'

She kissed him softly and opened the note for him to read.

His eyes grew big. 'Let's practice conceiving our next child.' she whispered as she slipped her hand into his pants.