Christmas at Sun Valley

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They're waiting for us."

Leanne nodded. Elaine gave her one last quick hug, and rushed to take her seat. Tammy motioned for someone, and the familiar notes of the Wedding March filled the house. Then she looked to her side, and Leanne saw Sofia, dressed in a pretty, bride-style white dress, and then Sam and Steven in their dark jeans and white button-down shirts, walk with confidence down the aisle, spreading sweet-smelling rose-petals in their wake. When they reached the altar the kids looked at each other and then quickly rushed to their parents, climbing onto their laps.

Tammy beckoned for Leanne to step forward, and then moved to the side, revealing an anxious William, standing tall in his rented suit. Leanne smiled at him and stepped forward to slip her arm into his. His hand came to pat hers, and then they were walking down the short aisle.

Leanne's eyes drew up to Joe's. He seemed awestruck, and Leanne stifled a giggle. The man certainly knew how to make her feel cherished! When she reached his side her father withdrew his hand and leaned close to say in a low voice - "Thank you so much. God bless." - and then he turned and walked over to his own seat by Melissa, who offered him a paper tissue with a teary smile.

Leanne's gaze locked with Joe's as he tucked her hand into his own elbow, and they turned to face their celebrant, who was none other than Dr. Lewis. As none of them were particularly religious they weren't looking for a pastor, priest or minister to hold it for them; when Dr. Lewis mentioned he was certified as celebrant in the State of California - mumbling something about being 'a relic of the seventies' - they were all to happy to anoint him their own, as well.

The older man's face glowed in pleasure as he looked from bride to groom and then beyond them, to the small crowd gathered behind. He paused for dramatic effect, stood straight, and then started with a deadpan imitation of The Impressive Clergyman:

"Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder, today."

A deep groan rose in unison from most everybody in the room, and Dr. Lewis chuckled.

"Sorry, guys, I couldn't resist!" he said, completely unapologetic, and then moved on to perform the ceremony, this time for real.

It was short and sweet and heartfelt. They said their vows in strong and steady votes, followed by decisive I do's, and a kiss that left behind all kisses since the invention of the kiss.

*

Back in Joe's room, they stopped and stared at the bed which was now sprinkled with rose petals, and surrounded by dozens of candles. On the dresser, next to the tree, there was a bottle of champagne and two flute glasses, and a tray heaped with fresh fruit.

"Tammy?" Leanne asked.

"Tammy." Joe answered, smiling in disbelief. "Gosh. Now I need to think about something even bigger for her wedding night. Or afternoon, as in our case."

"You think it's on the horizon?"

"One can only hope." he shrugged, and then moved to the window and took a look outside.

"Well, look at that." He said, motioning Leanne to his side. She came and peered outside to see the rest of the wedding party gathered around one of the just-built raised beds, and pushing tiny seeds into the soft, rich soil.

Leanne breathed, and exhaled slowly. "Thank you."

"What for?" He turned to look at her.

"For pushing me. For making me face him, and myself." She smiled.

Joe nodded. "You're welcome, princess." Then he looked back to the window, and with a small smile and a decisive tug, shut the curtains tight. "Now, if you don't mind, there's only one thing I want to do right now, and that is to make love to my beautiful wife."

Leanne smiled, and leaned to murmur against his lips. "What are you waiting for then, cowboy? I am right here, and I am all yours."

~~The End~~

-------------------------------------

Author's note: Did you like my story? Please VOTE for it! ...and, as usual, please leave me your thoughts and feedback in the comments below. Thank you!