Companions Unite Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"River, Doctor I need your help to turn Oswin back to from a Dalek, But first we do something awesome needed to help us for the plan to work." Tom said before the duo stepped into the lift.

"What is the part that you need to help with the plan." River asked.

"What plan is this?" The 8th Doctor asked before Tom could reply to Rivers question.

Tom told the doctor the plan and what was needed in order to save the other versions of him past and future.

"So what do we need to help with?" The doctor asked being sold on the plan as it wasn't a good plan but it was the only plan available.

"According to IDRIS we need to find a way to see which doctor is in the stasis pod in the TARDIS. If it is your current incarnation then IDRIS is sure she can maintain the link while he is in the TARDIS. This so that his mind can be connected with mine so that they think I am the doctor allowing everyone else to freely move through time and space. As well as the option to safely use the doctors memories IDRIS is confident that I can have the TARDIS memory backs in my mind along with the optional doctors memories." Tom responded to the 8th doctors' question.

"That could work, what about the feedback that the energy will have." River said waiting to hear what the solution could be.

"IDRIS can expand the feedback throughout the time vortex which can help us as they will be busy trying to find the doctor in the time vortex and all over deep space. She can also hold some back in case I need to use the regeneration energy that is the feedback. Due to the defence and cheating death mechanism that Timelords have even half Timelords possesses." Tom replied relaying the information from IDRIS to the 8th doctor and River song.

When they got into the TARDIS, the 8th doctor was in awe of what his TARDIS would become from what it is now. While he wasn't surprised at the size of the centre column as it was designed to take your breath away, but he was in pure awe at the decorating and even all of the books though he wondered why there was an amp on the balcony near one of the bookcases to the right. The 8th doctor knew that he would forget this adventure when he regenerates though for once he was speechless in a good way.

As River started the process by typing on the keyboard inside the TARDIS, the 8th Doctor was flipping the correct switches and turned the correct dials on the console panel in front of the scanner which was placed by the door. "How did you know which switches need to be flipped and what dials needed to be turned in time with what River is typing? And how do you know what to type River?" Tom asked while writing script on rivers backup scanner using his knowledge of computers helped by IDRIS's knowledge of the Dalek and Cyber ships who are responsible for the stasis pods existence.

By using the power stations that can suspend the new Cyber-men in time allowing them last longer without needing a new body to upgrade, and the Daleks knowledge and Timelord cells from fallen Timelords during the time war that were extracted to fight against the doctor. Combine the two and you have a third perfect prison that can hold the doctor in a smaller dimension where his mind is trapped within giving the illusion that the doctor is still travelling and not in the TARDIS.

"I have always wanted to do this as I theorised that it was possible to use my type 40 TARDIS to do it, it may have been redecorated but the controls are exactly the same." The 8th doctor replied to Tom's question.

"I am the child of the TARDIS and all of the knowledge of the TARDIS is in-printed in my memory. This is how I know how to work the vortex manipulators that I obtain whenever I can." River replied after the 8th doctor had finished.

Hearing River's voice activated something in the pod as whoever was in the pod, could hear her voice and remembering what he had done in the past allowed the TARDIS access to what she was trying to do. However that was the anomaly the memory was erased from the doctor's memory or was it?

When Tom resumed typing the script he found that there was an error message that locked him out of the portable scanner. At the same time the 8th doctor got locked out of the process of trying to scan what was in the pod as he found buried deep inside the TARDIS that there was a procedure set up by the 12th doctor that allows Tom the ability to access the doctor's memories and perform the memory link, but one question remained which doctor?

At that moment the pod began to open which brought a pneumatic like sound from the pod which made Tom jump as he was the closet to the pod. As the lid began to lift there was a sunset hue yellow, white dense fog immerge from the fog. This foreign fog well foreign to Tom but to River, Jenny, Romana and the doctor it was familiar to the sensation of regeneration. There was a Gallifeyan inside the stasis pod at that moment when the mist was filling the TARDIS's interior. IDRIS came on using the TARDIS's interface as she said.

"Extractor fans on." IDRIS said as the fans turned on, as the TARDIS's interface was replaced with a protocol message set by the Twelfth doctor kicked on. Upon hearing this Clara, Sarah Jane, Osgood, Kate, Jenny, Vastra, Strax, Amy and Rory rushed into the TARDIS only to see the hologram version of the twelfth doctor as he began to speak on top of the balcony where the bookcase is.

"Emergency protocol seventeen- twelve, nineteen nighty-three activated, this means that I am captured or facing death or even eradication from the universe itself from an enemy that shouldn't get the TARDIS. Which is alright hope it's a good death, the activation of this protocol means that Tom is in the TARDIS along with Clara, hopefully. The presence in the TARDIS means that the TARDIS's memory banks and my own consciousness will be linked with Tom's mind creating a hybrid between Timelord and human. This is a direct request from me to Tom and whoever is in the TARDIS with him; free me from whatever enemy that has captured me."

As the message ended there was a pressure in Tom's head as he was making the physic link to the Doctor where he could access the Doctor's memory, his eyes started to glow yellow as he was becoming part Timelord even, temporarily. After a minute of his eyes glowing regeneration yellow they returned to their normal green. As Tom's eyes went back to their normal colour the pod opened with no sound.

Everyone was expecting to see the doctor but what they actually got was a complete shock to everyone present. The Gallifreyan that was in the doctor's stasis pod was the Timelady, Missy.

Upon seeing this Kate, Strax and River pulled their guns, where River and Kate pulled their guns because of fear of Missy and what she can do. Strax pulled his gun out just because he wanted to being a Soltaran and all. While Tom was using the scanner to see if the TARDIS had an armoury within, maybe something that could take down a Gallifreyan. Tom found that there was a space distortion that allowed the person who wore the correct earpiece, to reach in and grab a Gallifreyan weapon, Tom ran up the stairs to where the earpieces were kept. Though the doctor never directly uses them he keeps them in case he needs to resort to using weapons from Gallifrey.

While River and Kate were pointing their guns at the slightly dazed Missy, Osgood, Amy and Rory got all of the other companions out leaving only the 8th doctor, Kate, River, Strax and Tom in the TARDIS with Missy. As she was gathering her bearings, becoming the known threat as the Master/Mistress, Tom had found one of the earpieces needed for the armoury however as he got to his ear, Missy used her sonic device to short it out.

"No need for weapons." Missy said in her Scottish accent.

"Says the one with the sonic device, Vortex manipulator and whatever that small device is in your hand." River said noticing that Missy was typing on a device (seen in series 8 in dark water and death in heaven) seeing this device both the Doctor and Tom produced their sonic screwdrivers and in unison they both activated the screwdrivers in unison shorting the device that Missy had making her drop it.

"Why were you in my future's stasis pod?" The 8th Doctor asked.

"I switched it after I failed to get to the TARDIS back on earth, since the Daleks had me from when the doctor and Clara were on Skaro..." Missy started to explain before River cut in to say.

"Spoilers."

As Missy looked over to see the 8th doctor out of the Victorian clothes he wore in America when he regenerated from his 7th incarnation to the 8th, also Missy could see that he had a hair cut from the last time they met.

"Right, this meant that I was to be exterminated so I hid the real doctor in a piece of Gallifreyan technology, which should be arriving shortly to the satellite, as it was homing in on my signature. I safely hid in his pod just as someone teleported the pod to on board the TARDIS, Since I am a Timelady the pod thought I was the doctor. The nerve of the machine, as if the doctor would be seen dead as a Timelady not a Timelord ." Missy continued finishing the explanation.

"So you were seeking us out knowing that all of the companions united of the doctor, we would pull the doctor's pod from the alliance. So we can be ahead of the enemies?" Tom asked Missy.

"Yes as I only want to help, if you search the doctors mind that is connected to yours you will see that I mean you no harm. Only to help so the doctor can be back to doing what he does." Missy stated not even being phased by the fact that there were three guns pointing at her or that Tom had an earpiece in his ear where he could access the TARDIS's armoury. With barely any movement a space distortion opened knowing that the doctor kept more dangerous weapons then the moment. In Missy's mind one question kept repeating itself.

What weapon was more dangerous than the moment?

As Tom's fingers grabbed a weapon and the space distortion evaporated revealing the a gun that looked like the prototype from Avengers Assemble that Agent Coulson used on the helicarrier on Loki before he died. As Tom was pointing the gun towards Missy, before he said.

"That is true while you have helped him on Skaro but you placed Clara in trouble there and you would only turn on us as soon as you get the opportunity or sell us out." Tom uttered keeping hold of his emotions just barely.

"I wouldn't turn on you the Daleks want me dead along with all of the universe, however with the Doctor gone they can now try and find Gallifrey. This is more than trust this is survival for humanity, Gallifrey and the rest of the universe." Missy said truthfully and with that River, Kate and Tom lowered their weapons while Strax still had his weapon primed.

"Lower your weapon Strax." The 8th doctor ordered saying it from by the door where he was, while Strax was ready to shoot and wanted to shoot.

"Do not reveal my name to the enemy." Strax retorted.

"He's right lower your weapon. We need her as we could do with a Timelady on our team." River said in response to Strax's choice of wording.

"I think we should leave the TARDIS to get on with the changing of Oswin back to human. Now we have 5 Gallifreyans including myself being a partial Gallifreyan, along with Mr. Smith and K-9. " Tom said revealing the members that can help turn Oswin back from a Dalek.

As the 8th doctor, Strax and Missy left the TARDIS leaving River and Tom in the TARDIS. "That weapon what is it?" River asked Tom.

"It's a weapon that repairs someone much like what a hospital back on earth does, it key's into their genetics and repairs the body no matter what condition it has, it is also key to the restoration of Oswin. I will explain more once we leave." Tom replied to River using the Doctor's memory and the TARDIS memory banks for the explanation.

"So it was a bluff?"

"Yes River I could never shot someone else, I am training to help people not put them in harm's way." With that Tom and River left the TARDIS to join everyone else outside the TARDIS on Satellite 5.

Tom told everyone the plan to turn Oswin back with the Timelords/Timeladies of course, with Strax leading the charge that had to pull Oswin out while K-9 took point at the middle screen along with Mr. Smith operating the control with K-9 bypassing the security allowing Mr. Smith to match the algorithms that will change the Delta wave to only eliminate the Dalek outer shell to create a brief moment where they can separate Oswin giving her life back.

While Tom took off into the TARDIS to do what he needed to so that there was no teleportation beams & transmissions coming and going from earth and turning off the camera's in the rooms as they were just wasting power but he left the cameras in the corridors on. This freed up some of the power while simultaneously stopping the Delta wave hitting earth. The final thing that Tom enabled was to limit the power to only Daleks within Satellite 5.

Tom left the TARDIS, only to see that the Mr. Smith had started the procedure and all the Gallifreyans had taken their positions and were using that extensive knowledge to interact with the system that Satellite 5 had. Via the hand ports that were installed seeing this and the algorithms scrolled on the big screen, Tom, Strax, Ace, Amy, Rory, Ashieldr/ME, Clara, Vastra and the two Jenny's took their places ready to grab Oswin when the time came. While Tom primed the Gallifreyan gun ready to blast, he started talking to Oswin this wasn't part of the plan but it was the kindest thing to do.

Talking to Oswin so that she knew she wasn't alone.

"Oswin the process will begin shortly; when it does begin I want you to picture yourself as you were before you became a Dalek. Think about what makes you, who your loved ones are and more importantly that you are human not Dalek. Once you do that once I hit you with the bolt from this gun it will create a small window for you to dislodge yourself somewhat so that those behind you can pull you out." Tom said in a calming way so that Oswin was reassured enough that she was calm.

"Link has been established activate the Delta wave and shoot the beam." Mr. Smith confirmed and instructed Tom.

With that Tom placed the gun on the plunger that the 9th doctor set up for the Delta wave, as he pushed the weapon down he fired striking the Dalek outer shell with a steady stream that was emerald green and TARDIS blue. The beam hit the plate in between the gun and the sucker arm, as the entire room was filled by Dalek screaming.

"We're killing her!" Clara shouted just about heard through the electronic wailing of the Dalek.

"It's the Dalek creature not the girl." Missy shouted back answering the question as through the light the people who were going to pull Oswin out could see her head and shoulders as she was pushing herself out of the Dalek shell. As Strax and Rory grabbed her everyone who was going to pull her out began to pull while they clung onto the person in front with Rory and Strax leading the charge. Strax on the left and Rory on the right pulling the shoulders of Oswin, as soon as they started to pull there was a lot of resistance as the Dalek part was trying to pull Oswin back in along with all of the others who were pulling.

After 10 nerve racking seconds the power had almost completely gone from Satellite 5 as the lights began to flicker from the power lose as Strax, Rory and everyone who were pulling on Oswin managed to succeed as Tom switched it off seeing everyone who was pulling go sprawling backwards with Oswin. However this surge and succession came at a price. As Clara disappeared as they were shunted to where they should be in their timelines. All of the Gallifreyans along with K-9 moved away from the terminals. No one knew that doing this procedure, Clara to where she was with Ashieldr in the TARDIS that the Doctor "borrowed" from Gallifrey. (At the end of "Hell Bent".) There was a shock wave that rippled through all of time and space as everywhere experienced a jump in time by a year. However, in space there was a tremendous weakening of the dimensional barriers. One dimension in particular where Rose Tyler was!

As Missy purposely bumped into Tom placing the vortex manipulator she had onto Tom's wrist. Tom knew what was coming as the Doctor experienced something similar, the story that Missy told Clara on Skaro. As the Dalek booted back up no longer plagued by the consciousness of a human turned to the obvious threat in the room, well the threat that had one of the only weapons that a Dalek was afraid of. "TIMELORD KNOWN AS THE DOCTOR DETECTED, EXTERMINATE!" as the Dalek fired at Tom lighting him up as his skeleton was revealed, however there was no noise as the body disappeared.

Unbeknownst to everyone including the Dalek, Tom activated the sonic screwdriver in his pocket at the point of impact. This meant that the Daleks beam supercharged the Vortex manipulator with no indication of where he was going. To everyone on Satellite 5 it simply looked as though the Dalek killed him where in actuality he was transported with his weapon to the beach where Rose is exactly at the moment where the TARDIS disappears. In the same spot where the TARDIS was stood someone in a suit, in glasses with a gun.

"That was certainly unexpected, time travel without the capsule now where am I. Going off the place I would say Norway maybe Bad Wolf Bay." Tom was saying trying his best to act as eccentric as the doctor, well the 11th doctor to be precise. Using the doctor's abilities to make it seem he was the doctor.

"Doctor?" Rose asked to the mysterious figure.

"Sorry what did you call me?" Tom asked not quite prepared to be called doctor.

"I said Doctor." Rose repeated trying to keep the hope from her voice. Tom caught a slight twang of hope and he had a dilemma before him. Does he lie and say he is the doctor, while running the risk later on that she finds out that he isn't the doctor, or does he tell her the truth? Tom decided in that moment that he couldn't give Rose the false hope but he could try to soften the blow.

"I am half doctor, if that is any help. Long story I am one of his future companions who has his mind in his. We are slightly against the clock, I was on satellite 5 a moment ago my teleporter seemed to have brought me here. Saves trying to fly the TARDIS here I suppose. You must be Rose Tyler?"

"Yes I am, why are you here I thought Donna said that the barriers are closed now to this dimension?" Rose asked.

"It was but there was a time-space distortion and the barriers were weakened for only 5 minutes to the point where a single nudge would allow people to come through. I can explain later, back on Satellite 5 if your willing to come with me?"

"Why would I come with you?"

"Because the doctor is in trouble and along with a few others who you might not know, are assembling a bunch of the doctor's companions past and future. You are on that list if you want to see the doctor and here off him not the Meta-crisis Doctor how he feels about you."

"Can I come back here?"

"Unfortunately not, it's one way I can teleport us out into the never-sphere which is merging with Satellite 5 as we speak. You can see the doctor again though he has regenerated twice since you last saw him. But our plan involves all of the doctors, so you can see your doctor again maybe spend the rest of your life with him. The doctor needs your help Rose are you going to help?" Tom said noticing on his watch that there was 3 minutes left to get back.

"Sure I will help." Rose said picking up the gun she had when she had when he last saw the doctor, which Jackie Tyler picked up from where Mickey had placed it in the TARDIS. As Rose took Tom's hand he pressed the vortex manipulator to get back as the duo was teleported back to Satellite 5, the corridor outside of the room on floor 500.