Compromise

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Should I go back to shower and change ma'am? You probably don't want to talk with me in this condition."

"You're fine Joseph. I'm sorry your car broke down, but I'm very glad you came to meet us. What should we talk about?" she said with a smirk.

As he pulled out a wrinkled, dusty paper from his back pocket he said, "I've looked over the marriage agreement, and I think you've been very fair. I do have one question though." He paused, glanced over at Laura and then back to the matriarch. "What if our babies are boys? How would they be treated by the Gillihan family?"

Mrs. Gillihan smiled and leaned forward in her chair. "As a family, we've talked about that even though, so far, only females have been born into our clan. I can assure you and Laura one thing Joseph. If baby boys are born into this family, I will adore them as much as my other grandbabies. So will the rest of the family. They will be raised by their parents and loved by their grandmother very much. Just as the girls are not raised to dominate, the boys will not be raised to be submissive. They will eventually make their own decisions during their adult lives."

Both Laura and Joey smiled and squeezed each other's held hand. They looked at each other and Joey kept smiling as he nodded his head to her. He stood up with just a slight groan and straightened himself out as best as he could. Mrs. Gillihan straightened in her chair enough to sit back and look up at Joseph.

"Ma'am, I am deeply in love with your daughter, Laura. She has been the woman in my dreams since the day I was born. I love all of your family and would be proud to become a member of the Gillihan clan. I promise you that even though we are an equal partnership in marriage, Laura will always be my queen, and I will treat her that way. Mrs. Gillihan, I ask for your blessing to propose to your daughter Laura for her hand in marriage."

Laura still sat in her chair and had her hands over her mouth and tears running down her cheeks. Mrs. Gillihan was having a hard time keeping a serious face as she cleared her throat and stood up and walked around her desk to be face to face with Joseph. "Joseph Hart, you are everything I've ever dreamed of in a husband for my daughter, and I know she feels the same about you too. The entire Gillihan family has fallen in love with you and we are excited that you will join us. I give you my blessing to marry my most prized possession."

She put her hands around Joseph's neck and nuzzled up close to the side of his head so that Laura couldn't see. She whispered, "I love you Joseph. Please take care of my daughter." She stepped back out of Joseph's hug and smiled at him brightly, "and don't forget the grandbabies!"

They all laughed and even though muzzled by her hands, Laura giggled as she took turns looking at her mother and her future husband. Her eyes filled with tears of joy and her hands finally came down as Joey stepped over towards her. He reached into his pocket and got down on one knee in front of her.

"Laura Gillihan, I fell in love with you the first moment I heard your voice, and I was totally under your spell when I looked at your face for the very first time. A few days ago, I thought my life had ended, but today I know that my life has only just begun." He lifted his hand and opened his fist revealing a small box that had a beautiful ring inside. He guided the box towards Laura's crying figure. "Laura Gillihan, I will love you always and beyond. Will you marry me?"

Laura continued to cry but her smile was brighter than her mother had ever seen. While she nodded her head, she silently let Joey softly grab her hand and allowed him to put the ring on her finger. She took a moment to look at it on her hand and then shouted "Yes" as she jumped into Joey's arms. She whispered into his ear, "I love you so much Joseph Hart. I would be honored to be your wife."

Joey had just enough time to look her in the eyes and give her a loving kiss before her sisters and her brother-in-laws rushed into the room to congratulate the two young lovers. When things had calmed down, Joey asked if it was okay to go home and get cleaned up. Laura volunteered to drive, but Joey escorted her to the passenger side, opened the door for her, and drove back to his room as Laura admired her new ring and cuddled close to her fiancé.

The wedding was scheduled for six months from that engagement day. During that time, Joey spent a lot of time at the Hope House, learning the ins and outs of what a director's responsibilities entailed. Laura spent a lot of time there as well, but also spent a lot of time with her mother and sisters as they planned the wedding. There was one unannounced inspection during that time, but Mrs. Brady handled that with no problem. Joey did see why it would be important to keep up the female image when he was a co-director. Plans were made for him to have his implants, his Adams Apple, and his hair removal taken care of soon after the honeymoon. Once he had recovered from his procedures, he and Laura would officially become co-directors of the Hope House.

The wedding day had great weather and was attended by family and close friends. It was held in Mrs. Gillihan's huge back lawn overlooking the ocean. There was plenty of room in the house for the reception. As the time for the ceremony approached, Laura was surrounded and helped by her sisters as her matrons of honor. Brenda looked radiant in her role as their flower girl.

Joey was waiting in a second floor guestroom that overlooked the wedding area. His future brothers-in-law were his best men and were with him joking around and making him feel more at ease. As the guests started to arrive, Joey looked out and saw the many Gillihan family and friends and no one from his side. He brightened and pointed when he saw Dr. Knight walk down and sit up front on his side. He chuckled and said to the guys, "At least I have one person on my side although she doesn't really count because she's here for both of us." Still smiling, he said, "But that's okay, I'm used to being on my own."

Robert came over and put his hand on Joey's shoulder. "I wouldn't be so sure of that my man." Joey looked over with confusion and saw Robert staring out with a mischievous smile. Joey followed his gaze and saw a huge line of girls from the Hope House marching down the aisle in the most beautiful white formal dresses that Mrs. Gillihan had purchased for them. When they reached the front rows of chairs, they started piling into and sitting on Joey's side of the aisle. Joey's smile was huge. Robert pointed outward and said, "I'm thinking you have a huge following of your own Joey."

The wedding went quickly and the vows were traditional, emphasizing love and equality. Laura had decided that she liked how "Laura Hart" sounded as they were first announced as husband and wife. At the greeting line, each of the Hope House girls passed by and hugged both the bride and groom. Each one managed to whisper in Joey's ear so no one except Laura heard them say, "Congratulations Ms. Josie. We love you both."

The reception was grand as the energy from all the girls rubbed off on all the guests.

Soon after the honeymoon, Joey had his procedures. He was nervous about how the implants would look, but received comfort from Laura and her brother's-in-law comments. When he had recovered, Laura played with them all the time when they were together in bed and Joey had to admit that it felt very nice. He also found out that he could easily bind them so they were hidden when he dressed like a man, and it was much easier for him to pass as a woman. Also, no more breast forms for him to worry about. He knew that this was part of the agreement to become the co-director of the Hope House, and he really valued his position there.

When Joey and Laura became the official co-directors of the Hope Home, the girls rejoiced. They would certainly miss Mrs. Brady, but they were already enamored by Laura and her "friend" Josie. Joey was able to complete what he could with the Book of Hope and Mrs. Gillihan was pleased. There would always be updates as more alumni checked in and more residents came to live there.

On their one year anniversary, the Harts officially adopted Brenda and to her delight, became a Hart too. Several years later, Laura and Joey became the proud parents of twin boys. Mrs. Gillihan was correct when she said that her entire family would love the newest male members of their family. Grandmother was especially pleased. She spoiled her grandsons every chance she got.

On their 10th wedding anniversary, Joey and Laura gave up their positions as co-directors of the Hope House. They became the co-directors of the Gillihan Foundation which included the Hope House for Girls and the newly opened Hart House for Boys.

When Joey looked back over the years since he had met the Gillihans, he knew he was extremely fortunate. This was heaven to him and it only seemed to get better every day. He thought about the day that he turned down the original marriage contract and then the several days later when he agreed to the new contract. It reminded him how important compromise was in everyone's life.