Creation's Guardian Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A tall thin man in his late sixties appeared on screen. "Guardian, I'm Larry Johnson, the head of this network. If you'll allow me to, I'd like to apologize to Miss Rodgers on behalf of the network and this station. My sources tell me that everything you said about Tom Walker was true. His employment has been terminated effective immediately. Furthermore Miss Rodgers was NOT fired by this network. She quit to work for you. Over the last few weeks, I've come to realize how much of a loss that was. Up until today, her conduct has always been poised and professional. However, had she been working for this network today, she would have been joining Tom in the unemployment line. I hope you understand, our standards are very high, no reporter would work for us after lashing out the way she did."

"I understand your position Mr. Johnson. But have you ever considered that your standards may be part of the problem rather than part of the solution? Stacy did exactly as I instructed her. She told it like it was. I'd imagine that if you asked your viewers; they would prefer to hear the unvarnished truth rather than some glossed over version of it." Bob glanced at Cailin and she cut the outgoing link.

They spent the rest of the day at the beach behind the Governor's mansion enjoying the sun, the sand, and the surf, then ending it with a barbecue. Cassandra was sitting between Bob's legs as he and his twelve women relaxed in the hot tub. She turned to look at Bob and said, "Ya know, that thing between you and Nicole earlier today was really weird. I've never seen you act that way before. Would you mind telling me what happened and why?"

Bob kissed Cassandra's forehead softly. "I'll try but it's not gonna be easy. I'm not sure I understand it myself. When Nicole first broke down, her pain was radiating off of her like some kind of aura. I could see it and I could feel it. Hell, I could almost smell it. It tore me up inside thinking I had opened an old wound causing her that much pain. I wanted to protect and comfort her. My reaction was purely instinctive, I didn't even think about it. But there's more to it than that. There's something strange going on, and not just with Nicole. Something's different about all thirty five women. I can't quite put my finger on it. They look and sound entirely human, but their IQ'S are off the scale and there's something weird about their DNA. It's almost like they're borderline humans. When I was adjusting their memories during the incident with Nicole, I realized that they have all the same genetic markers as any other human, but they also have about ten additional genetic markers that shouldn't even be there. All of the women have the exact same additional markers even though Amanda and Nicole are the only ones related to each other. It's driving me buggy because I don't know what the hell to make of it."

Just then Destiny popped in. Cassandra rolled her eyes and asked "What is it now Destiny?"

Destiny shook her head. "Look Cassandra, I don't like delivering these messages any more than you like hearing them. Unfortunately, most of these shitty messages fall under my area of responsibility so I'm the unlucky bitch that gets stuck delivering them. Is there any way you could just hate the message without constantly wanting to shoot the messenger?"

"I know I shouldn't take it out on you, and I'm sorry Destiny. It's just that...well... whenever you or Life pop in, it usually means you're gonna say or do something that's gonna upset my husband, and THAT... irritates me to no end. I realize you're only doing your job and I'll try not to be such a bitch to you all the time. I can't promise not to get upset about your messages, but I'll do my best not to take it out on you anymore. Okay?"

"Thanks. Anyway, this time, you don't have anything to get upset at me about. Mother did have a message she wanted me to give you, but I told her I wanted no part of it so she let me off the hook. I'm just here to let you know she wants to see you and Bob right away."

To be continued...

If you've got this far, I assume I've at least partly entertained you.

I love hearing from my readers. Opinions, ideas, suggestions, pet peeves, complaints, and compliments are all appreciated. Take a minute to send me some feedback, either public or private, to let me know what you think... bob54z