All Comments on 'Crime & Punishment Pt. 02'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments
johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesalmost 10 years ago
Loving it so far...

... Looking forward to part 3.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thanks another good story

Good tale but not as great as your first chapter. I don't know why but it just didn't "grab" me in the same way; perhaps I was expecting too much for your follow up. I hope the next chapter doesn't take another 2.5 weeks. Still worth 5 *****

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
NEW PLAYERS NEED TO REMEMBER

they are only one. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
PAYBACK IS BITCH?

Can,t wait for chapter 3???? Let's hope Pat get's more Revenge on Frank and Other's in his path of Payback? Also if Steve could get some Payback!!!!!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Damn

Excellent ch 2. We now know Laura was a cunt from way back. Now she has power behind her. Patrick, when faced with her infidelity, changed into a man to be respected and feared. A man who does what 's necessary to get the job done, whining the confines of the law. Will he stay the course? Will his friend Steve grow a pair and dump his cheating skank? What about the governor?

Please hurry with ch.3.

By the way, people from Albany won't like you very much. Just my opinion.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 10 years ago
Must have been a nigh-screaming nightmare to edit with so many subplots and vantage points !

this wasn't a complete dream read BUT with effort of motivated reader it is possible to see author's big picture. The copious subtext is the price of admission but in the end, I'm grateful this author isn't dumbing things down and not demonizing ( or canonizing ) most of the characters.

Grisham is the popular standard for ' word-smithery' in legal thriller genre and this author isn't there ... yet. But it's clear, he has some unique Albany and New York slants of his own and has a work ethic. This read will hum in sections, clunk in others.

To me, RichardGerald is neck and neck with theUnoriginalist for Loving Wives rookie of the year. Kudos for intrigues increasing in width and breath from first installment. A long wait ...but worth it. *****

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 10 years ago
Blah... Blah...

I didn't like this part at all. Get to the point!

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 10 years ago
Not as good as chapter 1

But still darn good. I hope Patrick is smart enough and strong enough to stand up to the sharks and hustlers circling him. Especially his slimy wife's slimy law firm.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good Stuff

I really like your writing. This chapter had too much detail for me and it slowed the story down. I am looking forward to more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Masterfull

Your writing is not only good, but forces us to think and see. You paint the picture of the landscape so well.

Thank you

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 10 years ago
I agree with the other comments

I really liked chapter 1. This chapter seemed to drag. Hopefully it will all come together in the conclusion.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Interesting but -

What's the point? Husband scorned by wife releases his lawyer ego to rage upon the earth while other egotistical lawyers plan to do battle with him? All some kind of grand battle for love between a working man and a spoiled brat? Really? C'mon, He plays second fiddle to her, then she, the rich bitch takes a huge dump on you so he does what? Change who he is and become corrupt? Nope, he heads back south to NYC, gets a job with a DA or a firm someplace down there, probably on Long Island and starts over. He is not stupid, she stopped being his wife when she started fucking around on him. He quickly realizes that this was his first real relationship and it was screwed up from the beginning. He a virgin (Really? growing up in Brooklyn?) and she was a typical yuppy whore, how does that equate? I don't think it ever did. She loved his youth, cleanliness, and wholesomeness. He loved her social allure and "sophistication". Fuck that. He moves on, grows up a bit and he does not let his slut wife change who he is. Also, speaking with some knowledge on how the Irish mind works you had better do some more research pal. Not everyone who is Irish is a hot head or slave to their emotions, least of all an experienced trial lawyer.

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago

Very well written but not nearly as good as chapter 1. You did do a good job on the cheaters side of thing and did move the story forward a tad tho very slowly. Still unlike most of the time when the cheaters point of view is told, you avoided repeating most of the story we the reader already know so bonus points there.

Unlike some other commentators, I don't see Patrick's actions as him totally changing his personality but more a changing of the rules of how he deals with his whore of a wife and his asshole boss. They fucked him over to get what they wanted and he merely did the same to put his own interests first for once.

Looking forward to chapter 3.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 10 years ago
This shows the skills and thoughtfulness of the author

by now, the issue of the wife and her Susan-Paris-Hilton friend (the deVoe-Singleton sisters) fucking around bullshit have become secondary in importance, because the "sub-plots" ---- of the various financial, political, and criminal proclivity of ALL HUMAN BEINGS in the domains of morality and ethics and the various shades of gray ---- have become the main plots....

so, whether the old Jew Saul's "most talented" law firm could devise a way to get the young "hot headed" and "emotional Irish man" to return to live under Laura's skirt... it is really not that important, as an issue in this story, for me. I am much more curious as to how the AUTHOR would continue with this story, or how he'd wrap it up in the next installment or so...

so, yes, CRIME AND PUNISHMENT is truly a fitting title for this little drama.

and, yes, I even laughed at the short, meandering New York City-Albany discussion.

hopefully, the other shoe, drops, too ---- the Gov's right hand man/fall guy's fucking of Susan, wife of the Gov's other brilliant protégé (thus embroiling the Gov's office) ---- so the author won't have to end his tragic drama too soon...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
very very good story

Frank needs much more punishment, much more.

Uncertain if they should reconcile at this point, and something needs to be done about his best friends wifes lifestyle.

great story, keep the chapters coming

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 10 years ago
Maybe it did drag a bit but

Anytime you try showing both side of something, you risk that. The way it was done here, you know where things are going in the second version so the trip there is not as exciting. I think enough new info was added to keep the journey from dragging much at all.

I do not think it would have worked nearly as well to have told the stories at the same time. I liked this chapter at least as much as the last. The presentation of her seduction was interesting, It showed how people can forget what is realy important about happiness. She was willing to do things that would destroy her marriage to have what she thought would be a perfect marriage. She really forgot about what he would think of it. She didn't stop loving. She didn't want variety. She didn't lose respect. She just wanted to have her perfect world and family and forgot he might not think the cost was worth it. Very sad. I'm not defending her. I just see it as tradgic, not malicious.

Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks all the effort.

wolfestonewolfestonealmost 10 years ago
Excellent!

Great protagonist..low key Irishman and clearly over-matched antagonists..looking forward to conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I don't like anyone in this story...

Gather all of them in a tall building and crash a plane into it. Should take less than page.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Repeating Myself

As I commented in Part 1, giving in to the asshole to get the partnership is one thing, CONTINUING is cheating, pure and simple.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
as long as you dear annony are flying the plane

we might agree to have this done

KirkelKirkelalmost 10 years ago
I like it but...

Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time figuring out which character is which? There seems to be more than one affair going and it seems to be a far more confusing story than the first part started out as.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I wonder if the long wait between chapters was due to some rewrite or last minute editing?

I have to say, that for the last 2 weeks, I have been looking daily for the chapter 2 (even in other categories <right Laurel?> in case this couldn't sustain the LW criteria). So I was very happy to see it here today, and in the "proper" section. I think great and/or complex stories DO have an ebb and flow to them. Just like great symphonies use dynamics (getting louder or softer) to evoke emotions, so do long stories. Even a quick roller coater ride has ups and downs and twists and turns, but it is much harder to bring that same kind of excitement in a longer story arc - even if it is well crafted. I submit to you that those dissatisfied with this chapter, are MORE upset with the "long" wait to read it. As a person waiting to read the fully completed story, all in one sitting, wouldn't object as much to a (hopefully temporary) slow down in pacing. I think you did great, as this chapter really helps solidify the character development of your main movers and shakers of this tale. I constantly am (constructively...I hope) critical of authors who latch on to plot twists, with the fervor of its grand import, as compared to the exclusion of more thorough character development.

Take encouragement from LordSlamDogg's praise. More and More, I find myself agreeing with his opinions in these comment section forums.

Thanks again for working hard on an interesting story, and I can't wait for chapter 3!

Tim413Tim413almost 10 years ago
Excellent, again.

We need additional new LW authors like this guy. I got confused on occasion because there are so many characters in the story. Additionally, one of the paragraphs did not appear to belong where it was - maybe it should not have been in the story at all. I guess that happens sometimes when an author rewrites part of a story.

gabaagabaaalmost 10 years ago
Really Good-Again!

Another excellent plot developer. Answered a lot of questions about Laura that were raised by the first part. She certainly doesn't choose her friends wisely. Nicely set up for the denouement.

Much better editing this time too!

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Well written series

My only complaint is that with a series as complex as this one, it is difficult to keep the characters straight when the chapters are so far apart. I would suggest waiting until they are all complete and then posting them one per day. That said, I do like the series. Kind of an upstate NY version of WWWM, except our protagonist here seems to have crossed over to the dark side, which would not happen with Bill.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsalmost 10 years ago
Goes Around Comes Around

First we all applaud your talent with semantics, your knowledge of Politics and Legalize and, of course, human nature - specifically weakness and greed so...

All powerful Saul has effectively put his plans into motion, knows they will work, and now he has Laura where he can use her the best...his Corporate Whore while lobbying! Patrick, well, he'll have to go along with the counseling but I would not write this Irishman off as following orders...at least, where everyone could see his plans.

Unless you are going to drag this thing (it is good but you know that) my gut hunch is that Patrick will have a star somewhere else in the Corporate and Political arena and/or be offered a very lucrative DA slot in another part of the Country...hmm?

Still think you are DQS and really hope Chapter three is the end of this saga, even if it has to be 6-7 pages.

Thanks again for a good read, you are good, just insulting with your delay in submissions!

jezzazjezzazalmost 10 years ago
I so love this story.

More please.

RonG1941RonG1941almost 10 years ago
CHARACTER:

I have enjoyed your work so far. That being said you waited to long to develop the whores character. Yes she is a whore as she sold her ass for not only money but prestige as well. Total lack of morals. BTB!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I'm doing a "Just Plain Bob"

I'm waiting until the end to score ALL the chapters.

PLEASE don't have him going back to the cheating cunt!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Masterful!

I absolutely love it, but am very frustrated by the delay between chapters. My HOPES are that Pat will end up completely free of the slut and find someone who shares his values and morals, and also that neither Saul nor Kincade are able to control/use him. I also hope that when Frank comes back for a brawl with Pat that Frank gets the bat shoved up his ass! He is a piece of work that needs to be badly burned.

Great Job! I don't care how many chapters it takes to finish this, I am sure all will of the same high quality. I just hope at all of the chapters are at least 4-7 pages length (minimum!) The story line is great, the character development wonderful, you leave us wanting more -much, much more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
First Class

My only critisim is that with a fairly intricate storyline I feel you will really loose the effect by leaving a relatively long gap between chapter submissions. Very well done though!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
One of the best on Literotica

I really like your Writing and must admit to waiting unpatiently already..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
meh

are you going to add any real ,plot or just gonna have people in the story talk about inconsequential things. And the char development is a joke after 2 chapters and the characters all fall flat and feel like one dimensional idiots, no real emotions but just author reactions. As if you're trying to be every char in the story. I guess what i'm trying to say what the hell is this story about, it isn't erotic or even a good story on politics or th inner workings of it. Is it a love story because if it is robots don't fall in love ala your robot characters. I'm not gonna suck your dick because you have good grammar, your story is boring and pretentious because your trying to hard to write your story and not tell it.

patilliepatilliealmost 10 years ago
I like it.

Has me engrossed, but honestly so many things are being set in motion seems like you are going to need many installments to finish. That being said, you have already demonstrated that you are not submitting them consecutively. That is a problem for the readership.

Seems liek this could be a Grishom 500 pager, but that would be over 100 installments!!!

You are definitely a talented writer, I hope we can hang in there for this saga. Most of the dominos are setup, and we have to see how they fall.

SKHPSKHPalmost 10 years ago
Not as sparkling as the 1st installment, but stil better than 4*

Like some others, I missed emotions in this one. She is obviously shallow, so there couldn't really be any. So why did you give her the stage? I hope for a very quick follow up and conclusion.

And, author, please chose a day to publish when I have time at hand to read & comment properly. After 20 days of waiting with mostly boring outcome on LW, you this time placed your new chapter on a day I nearly have no time to spare. But I read it anyway...

gordo12gordo12almost 10 years ago
Awesome!

Keep it going.

Bish08Bish08almost 10 years ago
Great

It just gets better and better. Loving the intrigue.

DunaDunaalmost 10 years ago
Wife change versus Reconciliation

Naturally 5*****. However my taste is a good Romantic cheating wife change after Revenge. This story has a Reconciliation scent I hope I wiil be wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow,where did you come from?

If this is your first story , I am totally amazed at your writing skills, you have me suck in this story and I cannot wait for the conclusion. I see they may be a reconciliation in here which I can accept. If it happens but I doubt Patrick is that amiable to it. She screwed a womanizer who she did not have too in order too gain a partnership. I would never let her back into my life. She totally screwed up.

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Change of pace

And of lighting. Laura is not a slut, so far, but she was one before marrying. I found it fascinating that Patrick never went along with her rugrat proposal. Did he really have premonitions?

The story is much better with all this back ground. The writer is worth reading!

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
Thanks For Sharing***

So far a good read. Waiting for Pt 03.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not Dissapointed

Keep going ....you've got a real hot property. 5x5

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
17 days

Normally, I take an author to task for repeating everything he wrote in the first chapter, at least in summary.

Not in this case. It's been almost three weeks. Now, with life breathing down your neck, I understand not being able to take the time. But then, don't start.

The names started getting jumbled. Tom and Tony. Fitzgerald and Sullivan. Both of them marrying sluts.

Huh. How did she think this was going to play? And I am shocked that Solomon hasn't done something direct to Fred (Frank?)

If you took out all the prior summarizing, this would be two pages...and 80% of it was set BEFORE the events, so were irrelevant except as characterization.

I hope you start to move the story forward now that you have finished introducing everyone...in the second act. All of this is perfectly clear in hindsight. Not so much when you write it

I was engrossed and seeing your name, I read this first.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 10 years ago
Please no RAAC

This chapter illustrated what a whore Laura has always been. Please do not reconcile the irreconcilable. She used her pussy to secure a position she would have gotten with her brains. Before that she was merely a slut. If you want to fuck while seeing someone then tell them upfront and let them decide if they wish to stay with you. She didn't and that makes her a slut. At every instance when she could have made a right decision she made the wrong one. She has no redeeming qualities so don't RAAC, the readership aren't stupid so don't treat us like we are. I will score this at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
More Please!

Thanks for your efforts.

Please continue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
any dumber and you

can sell this story to the newspapers

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Can we all vote 'no' on reconciliation?

It's a great story, but this looks like it's headed toward 'counseling' where the guy somehow has to take half the blame, and he takes her back.

No. Just no.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
4*s

Again great writing !

Story taken in an original direction, for this site . Like the creative and original plot.

Keep it coming. I don't like the idea of a reconciliation but it is your story.

AMerryMan

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
not just no

Reconciliation ?

Not just no, but HELL NO !

If he is as Irish as described then he will want no part of it.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 10 years ago
I like this a lot

Laura is a bit unbelievable,that a tough woman would fall for frank's line,she would record him and he would be out on his ass and she a partner or the firm would be eating shit stew in court,gross sexual harassment. That said I don't think she is a slut and I think Patrick will realize after he went over the line that he is gray,too and there is love there.

To the author,great writing,finish this then give us more,the negative anons are jerks who can't write and mostly cannot read.You have talent,it is enjoyable to read something like this.

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
Hmm, I wonder??

Will it be Pat or Steven who turns out to be the Brooklyn Angel of Death?

And since all the usual spelunking whiners are bellyaching against RAAC....

RAAC! RAAC! RAAC! Wreck! I mean RAAC!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Don't listen to all BTB boys

This is an interesting story that does not require a BTB ending. Besides, Catholics are not quick to divorce--resistance to that idea is part of our upbringing. She clearly loves him, even if her ambition did override her scruples, and she is regretful and doing penance. If he burns her, I'll understand; but choosing to keep her and change the rules of their relationship makes more sense to me. Very good story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
No... BTB!

Geared up for the showdown!

Hoping the ending fits the leading. Very well written tale, and I'm anxious for retribution unleashed!

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsalmost 10 years ago
It's fun, quirky and original...

..and while I see ample opportunities approaching for flame throwers to be uncorked on certain behavior if not complete relationships, I'm enjoying this enough to amble along wherever you might lead. A docile Irishman needs whiskey and explosives, or a southern cousin who quotes Penn Warren and is heavily armed.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 10 years ago
No question 5*

Well RJ:

chapter one ended with the great orchestration of the takedown. Chapter 2 can't match that for excitement, but it is excellent in its own way as it fills in the plot. the writing is superb! I love the lush characters, plots and so forth.

Chilley

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 10 years ago
Excellent Writing

Story moves with ease, developing plot and characters together very well. Basing a story on dominant women and seemingly submissive men put a bulls eye on your back. But your plan and its execution are above all that clatter. Good stuff.

vazkor13vazkor13almost 10 years ago

Great first story, well written and with endearing characters.

You can not help but feel that she love him, she has been blinded by greed and also by being more dominant, but there is really love betwwen them.

I can not help but hope they will end together.

Great job.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Re RAAC

If you write it well, I will believe it. If you don't, then I won't.

That is all you need to know about Reconciliation in stories.

(Waxing Pedantic for a moment)

There is basically one and a half reconciliation stories.

In the first, the cheated upon needs to take a big bite of the shit sandwich which he was served by his spouse and graciously give a gift of reconciliation. That is the basic story, because forgiveness is ALWAYS a gift. It cannot be earned. Whether she changes or not is irrelevant and is the difference between reconciliation and a cuckold tale. This is basically a tale of injustice, even if the man 'gets revenge' on the other man.

In the variation on the theme, the man still has to do this, but the cheater shows sufficient change of heart that she appears to the average reader that she will not do this again. There is slightly more justice in this tale, but it is still a case of injustice.

The problem I see is that the wife has not shown any sort of remorse or redeeming qualities FOR A RELATIONSHIP. She seems to be getting all the benefits of the relationship without paying a price and her only reaction seems to be 'oh...I really don't want to live with the consequences of my actions'.

And from a story standpoint, having her company bend her husband over a barrel making him take her back...well...that is just counter productive, particularly if he's Irish.

That being said, I read for the drama and this will have it in spades. I hope wherever the story goes, it flows organically and unforced.

DeYaKenDeYaKenalmost 10 years ago
almost didn't read it

Telling me, this is the story from her point of view is normally guaranteed to stop me reading. Not because I don't want to know about her side, but because I have no wish to read the same story over again.

You didn't do that, you advanced the story and filled in more of the background information. Well done. I look forward to the final instalment

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 10 years ago
A Second Set of Comments, again...

KarenE and others mentioned the cheating. I have enjoyed the over-all story too much, to touch on specific issues, so here's a few things, mostly concurrences...

KarenE said, and validly, that fucking Frank to HOPE to increase her chances of making a partner is one thing; but to continue fucking him AFTER having secured that objective... that it's pure cheating and fucking around.

Absolutely true.

But here's something even more astounding that that: Laura --- from what the author's made privy to us readers --- KNEW all along OLD MAN "JEW" SAUL is the true power broker in the law firm. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the author had Laura tell us that she PRETTY MUCH KNEW old man Saul KNOWS about her competence all along.

So, than --- and from the young Irish man's stand point anyway --- to rub salt on injury, his older more mature and brilliant corporate lawyer wife Laura (who makes about 4 times as much as he does and who also has a chance to go higher, making much more) DECIDES THAT FUCKING FRANK, some rather junior partner member and a KNOWN philanderer (who's already on shaky ground in the eyes of old man Jew Saul), WOULD LIKELY INCREASE HER CHANCES OF GETTING THE COVETED PARTNERSHIP.

As we can see, it doesn't make any sense, that is, IF WE ARE TO BELIEVE LAURA is as good a corporate lawyer as she is, as she says she is... a top graduate from an Ivy League school working for a top law firm that doesn't even hire lawyers from non-Ivy Leaguers (with governor Kincade's former protégé in the young Irish man, of course)...

I actually believe old man Jew Saul, when he said to Laura: I know all along that rascal's trying to fuck you, and I was hoping to either get to you in time or that you'd have enough vicissitudes or wherewithal to deflect his whore-mongering.... but I now see that neither happened, and you've now found yourself fucked, literally... In a large corporation like that, with dozens to hundreds of employees, there's only so much the top dogs could do, for the lowly new hires, if the more experienced middle or more senior decide to take advantage of situations and circumstances.

But believing old man Jew Saul is ONE THING...

Believing Laura's fucking around, as a CALCULATED set of acts to increase her chances of making partnership, and doing so happily (with only minor fear of getting caught, because to her the MEANS JUSTIFIES THE END: fuck the more senior partner members, who WANT TO FUCK YOU, to increase your chances of making partner IS THE WAY TO GO, since the world is never an ideal place, etc)... THAT'S SOMETHING ELSE entirely....

In short, I'd have no qualms if old man Jew Saul, despite what he promises Laura, fails to corral the "emotional young Irish man" back to living under Laura's skirt... and with him kicking Laura cheating ass to the curb AND MAKING IT VERY PUBLIC to show her just because you're young or younger, it doesn't have to mean you always have to salute first... especially with a woman you gave your cherished virginity to and with whom you thought were loving and mature and intelligent and honest, when it comes to you and your marriage...

Dr_KnowDr_Knowalmost 10 years ago
DQS by another name

If this isn't DQS, I'll eat my hat. Same good read, but same slow presentation of chapters and same toying with the reader. Will this be the same never finish the story?

Is this just another WWWM fiasco?

Come on Richard, 'fess up. DQS right?

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Nah

There is a 'feel' to the story. DQS spends a lot of time detailing environments. He explores self reflection in a more direct way.

Titzilla from DQS' WWWM spent time excoriating herself. She made stupid choices and knew they were stupid choices. The next bit of reflection I see in this girl will be the first. The closest she got was 'gosh...I guess on reflection that my BOYFRIEND might have a hard time with me fucking a lot of other people when we are dating'. Impressed, I am. And that goes for all the characters. Pat does this...then he does that...then he does something else. Brief allusions are made to his emotions, but they are much more center stage in all the characters in the DQS stories.

So I would say, stylistically, no. This isn't DQS. If it is, he has me snookered and that means he's a damned good writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Doing a fine job so far

Looking forward to reading more. Hoping that while there no doubt will be plot twists, the characters stay consistent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Darn good story

Well written and a great read. Thank you for sharing.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Not DQS.

Patrick is not a wimp, like most of DQS's characters, nor will he ever be one. Soft-spoken doesn't mean wimpy. He might not be the traditional definition of an alpha male, but he gets the job done and has a will of iron and self-respect. From what you've said so far, in the courtroom during a trial, he IS an alpha dog that gets the criminals by the throat. Great job so far, RG. Keep up the good work, and get the next chapter up ASAP please. Can't wait to see him tell his soon-to-be ex's law firm to go fuck themselves. So far, everyone has underestimated Patrick, and it's going to come back to bite them in the ass. LOL

One thing, though. I have been categorized as an alpha male, but I don't feel the need to go around seducing other guys' wives to prove it. I have my pride and self-respect. Grouping all alpha males into the "pussy hound" category is unfair to those of us who aren't like Frank. Frank is more of a dumbass punk who is getting exactly what he deserves.

All in all, I am liking this tale quite a bit. Written with an almost DQS style to it, but going in a much better direction than DQS's well-written RAAC stuff.

5 HUGE Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A cuck story under a different wrapping.

The "Irishmen" aren't being portrayed very respectfully.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 10 years ago
My problem here was basic.

This was Laura's side of the tale. but it was never told. We didn't get very far into why she cheated, how she felt about cheating, and how she reacted when she was caught. We don't really know how she feels about him or fidelity, yet we were given her story. I just don't think it was her story, at least far from her complete story.

Black_Dragon_PrincessBlack_Dragon_Princessalmost 10 years ago
I LUV it so far^^ 5*

I too hope Pat keeps his self respect and moves on after making all the shit heads pay for trying to stop him from bein happy!!!! Hook the man up with a good woman who aint going to cheat around!!! :3

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
well....

You know that Brentwood Stringer is going to keep Laura, after all she is a proven whore, and will be useful in lobbying.

That is shown by Saul seeing nothing wrong with what she did.

fifteen16fifteen16almost 10 years ago
Real Life

What makes fictional stories good is that they could be true and this is very good. More could have been made of the confrontation between Laura and Patrick and the immediate aftermath in chapter one, their story is becoming secondary to the political intrigue and dealing among to many characters in a short story. Hopefully in the next chapter we will hear a lot more from Laura and Patrick. Like or loathe Laura and Susan at least Susan open in about her lifestyle and her hubby has made his choice to accept, Laura is dishonest and devious, "once a slapper always a slapper" (a Brit expression) like once a cheater alw- - - - ----

Cannot see a reconciliation here but RichardGerald weaves a good story, looking forward to next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This Seems Mis-Titled

Doesn't Seem like Laura's Story, just backround. We don't learn much about why she was able to do this (beyond the partnership), or how she feels about what she did. Now her boss promises to fix it. If this marriage winds up sorting itself out or even if it doesn't, there needs to be more to it than making it hard to do otherwise.

Maybe part 3 brings this all together.

I was glancing through the comments and there were many willing hands demanding that you write the story they want to read. Just do your thing. Your writing ability and this story are far above the usual crap on LW, so pay them no mind.

Anonymous Andy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Bravo on Part 2.

A very good second part of the story, but I did have a couple of issues with it. One, Laura's law firm didn't even care that Laura was the whore in all of this and seemed they were too acceptable of her cheating behavior. Even though it had the potential to be devastating to the firm should her affair be made public. Two, Pat did them a favor by taking Frank down a peg or two, something they had failed to do to the guy. So I don't really understand their need for vengeance against Pat. Most law firms like that would be impressed with what Pat did and be looking to hire him for their firm.

Also it appears Laura was a cheating slut when she was with Pat before she got married to him. So I don't think you should be trying to elicit sympathy from the readers for her, as she's not deserving of any. My sincere hope for this story is that Pat is smart enough to outfox everyone (Governor, Laura's law firm, Frank, etc.) and get what he wants and deserves. He is the victim here and no one like to see the victim given more pain or revenged upon for only doing what is right and justified.

Good luck with part three and I can't wait to read it!

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 10 years ago
Excellent, but..................

This is not Laura's story, or even mostly about Laura. We went from 1st person in chapter 1 to omniscient narrator in chapter 2, not a terrible move, but disconcerting. I was amused to see some folks commenting in surprise at the morals of lawyers; who in fact adopt and discard morals as needed.

nastystoryguynastystoryguyalmost 10 years ago
Agree and dont agree

first it is 5*

It wasn't really Laura's story, but it was a great extension of part I

It is very well written and goes a great job of character development

Can't wait for part three, which the author implies is already written, sure hope it doesn't take as long to post part 3 as it did to take part 2

I've been critizised for that myslef and must admit it is very annoying to have to wait soo long between parts, pleas see that part 3 comes soon

all and all a very good read, thanks for such a good story

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loving it

Five stars. Truly engaging. I feel connected to this story even though it takes place in a realm foreign to me. Could have used a bit more of Laura's perspective and what she really feels for Pat, post affair. Yes, you revealed that she did it only because of the partnership. However, with her pre-engagement filandering and the insight that she enjoyed the sex with Frank, I am wondering if she is a loving wife who made a mistake or a cold hearted bitch who is simply trying to hold onto something that is to her benefit. I think you communicated the former, but there are enough facts to support the latter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Upon Reflection

This story is so good that I just keep mulling it over in my mind as I await the next installment.

That being said, I have to take exception to something said in the story. Not wanting to be married to the company whore is NOT immature! (And make no mistake, someone who attempts to sleep her way to the top and then is chosen for a job as lobbyist based on her looks and how the polls will want to interact with her - and accepts the job on that basis- is NOTHING but a Whore!)

The assholes that she works for have no respect for Pat or marriage and need to be burned by him just as much as Frank. Maybe Foxy can help him do that (with the help of his now loyal sheriffs deputy.)

Can't wait for chapter 3!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Only this

I think a cheating wife is 7 years older. The husband was virgin at the marriage and now the betrayed husband is well trained. If his carrier will be succesful he will live with a younger new woman.

ValerionValerionalmost 10 years ago
Fun and engaging...

I eagerly await the next installment of this story and I sincerely hope Pat burns them all to the ground.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent

This author needs to finish this story line then start a series of books. He'll be famous and rich. The characters are well fleshed, believable and emotionally provoking. Can't wait for the next installment(s).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Stunningly good

Plot and character development are excellent, pacing is great. I'm totally involved and now waiting eagerly for the final part. Kudos to your editor, but please, please, please get a proofreader. DP

Fighting41Fighting41almost 10 years ago
Wonderful

Loving the story so far

amyyumamyyumalmost 10 years ago
I gave it a 5, but...

The characters are interesting, and the story is unique. However I have two issues: 1) it is too long between installments; 2) considering 1, my recollection is that Laura signed the settlement because she was afraid of the reaction of her firm yet now they are doing everything possible to help her. Did she misjudge things that badly? If so, it needs to be said.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
what's left ?

What will the firm be able to do ?

She has already signed the papers for the divorce.

Does the firm want to:

Make an enemy of the next DA ?

Make an enemy of the Governor ?

Not much room to maneuver left.

greowulfgreowulfalmost 10 years ago
Serious talent

No criticism here. Like others, I would have enjoyed more from her perspective during and after the affair. I love that the bastard would have blocked her partnership. Great plot, great character development. The problem I have is that I almost lijed her more from the first installment than this one. The hen party and the affair are too despicable. I can't wait to see how you develop this in the finale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good First Effort, BUT......

As a first effort, you probably didn't expect the praise that you've recieved.

But, as a result of that praise, the demand for the next chapter gets louder and louder.

So, what SOME writers do it write the WHOLE story out, and then submit the chapters a day at a time....

I know the knuckle heads who run this joint aren't always the quickest about posting stuff up, so, by sending them stuff daily, you can shift the blame...

Good Luck, and keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent

Please continue

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
so the firm doesn't like the cheating man

but wants to protect the woman?

and they now want to manipulate the husband that was cheated on?

I hope the firm gets taken down and the little guy (you know, the wimpy Irishman) comes out way on top.

please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
whores

If you put the whore back together with Patrick your score will be one star. Why would any man stay with a piece of shit. This slut and her slut friends are in the wrong business. They are whores one and all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Chapter 3

Great story. I'm looking forward to chapter 3 & 4 & 5. Does Patrick become the DA? Does he get back together with his slut wife? How does that relationship change? What roles to the other characters play? Don't keep us in suspense :)

ScaliaScaliaalmost 10 years ago
A litigator is very valuable

In reality, I believe Patrick was more valuable than his wife. What the author forgets or probably does not know is that a skilled litigator, someone who knows his or her way around a courtroom, is a highly valued attorney. Anybody can do bond work, but it takes a special kind of personality to do litigation.

True Patrick was not earning a lot in the prosecutor's office, but the moment he made the transition to private practice, his income would soar.

Scalia

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 10 years ago
Please hurry with the next chapter.

This story has a few flaws, like not understanding the value of a skilled litigator but it is better than 90%+ of the stuff posted here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Waiting for Chapters 4-5-???? but......

RichardGerald, well you seem to have woken up the masses with this chapter, 94 comments between 5/09 & 5/20.

Keep it up my friend, I liked it, the setups, the sub-plots, the multiple "what's next's" <if my what next's makes it past the grammer nazi's>.. As I said, I'm waiting for the next chapters...

potsherdpotsherdalmost 10 years ago
Terrific story...

...so far. I am looking forward to the battle between a might law firm and the District Attorney -should be a titanic struggle. I think Solomon underestimates the challenge facing him.

Please post the next instalment soon.,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Generally a little better than the first entry

The writing still leaves a lot to be desired.

What the hell is a Mercedes-Benzes?

Then there was, 'That dam Sullivan' - so now he holds back water?

Too many comma splices and sentences devoid of punctuation, making the reading very difficult in spots.

Get a competent editor and quit fucking up after their work is done!

Also, I notice Literotica has made correct formatting difficult...

rixelsrixelsalmost 10 years ago
Great Story

Some people read stories to be entertained. Others are entertained by looking for mistakes. This series has a great plot and complex characters. This interesting story left me wanting for only one thing………More. Thank you RichardGerald.

Lonewolf2013Lonewolf2013almost 10 years ago
Giving Laura's view was a waste of time.

The author wasted a lot of time giving Laura's point of view we already knew she was a controlling cheating slut. I gave this chapter a " 2" because it was not really necessary and it did not improve the story.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Laura needs to be uunderstood -

Sge is stupid for a smart woman - she has bad ethics and typical high powered morals -

She might be salvageable - but not too likely -

The story holds th interest

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
"Alpha Males"

Why do these asshole "Alpha Males" think that just because someone is a loyal husband and doesn't think that all other women are "fair game" that he is a wimp?

And I hope he doesn't take her back - two things beyond the basic cheating argue against it for me:

1) The continued cheating after it accomplished its purpose

2) Giving the lover something she doesn't give her husband, i.e. anal

DepopuloDepopuloalmost 10 years ago

Self cuck in the end 1/5

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
type casting

somehow we are supposed to feel that all the players in this drama are without moral compass except for one true and honest man. He, the Irishman, alone has a conscience. But, when considering the cast as written, it is made up of lawyers, many of whom are politicians or lobbyists. Is it any wonder that the senior partner believes for Patrick to grow up and become a man means accepting the infidelities of his wife?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous