All Comments on 'Crime & Punishment Pt. 02'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments
Norseman123Norseman1233 months ago

so far so good 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow, leave it to a lawyer to stick his nose in where he hasn’t been invited, and probably isn’t wanted. I’m talking about Solomon intruding into Laura and Pat’s divorce, of course. And he made it sound so altruistic when it’s really only about money. Because a divorced attorney might make The Firm look bad to prospective clients.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sadly on reading a second time, knowing what's coming, I can't help but dislike Laura, and in fact all the women in this story, more. It's almost as if RG has never met a normal woman, and just thinks all women are scheming whore's with loose mortals ruled solely by their libido.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Strange that the commenter below thinks Laura is an evil bitch. Upto now she just comes across as naive and a little stupid. Not really the kind of character you'd expect from a Partner in a law firm, especially not from someone that graduated from Yale Law.

I suspect that we've been trickle truthed and the true nature of Laura will be exposed in the next chapter ... will have to wait and see, but tbh I'm not loving this story, it's a little dog whistle'ish.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

RG is a master of writing evil, selfish, bitch wives. Amazing how much hate he engenders in me for fictional women. If they were on fire, burning in the street, I would be the cheering section.

B3ndoverB3ndover10 months ago

Love the irish

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Really can't see how this is going to end well. There isn't a single female character that isn't worthless scum. That Laura had sex with multiple partners on the same night means that everything else she may do or claim is tainted by that clear betrayal, so her affair with nobshite isn't forgivable and can't be put down to anything other than freewill.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hmm… RG has a knack for writing unsympathetic female characters.

Honestly, Steven’s sister is a complete villain. Imagine facilitating the betrayal of your own brother and his best friend (and spoilers, the mundane treatment of the betrayal of the best friend is contextualized to be even worse as the story unfolds).

And screw Stringer. MC’s wife isn’t even a partner *yet* and there would be few repercussions to letting her go. It’s not immature to end an emotionally abusive marriage.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

So she was having gangbangs while dating this morally upstanding dude, and she has only a minor pang of guilt to thrust all this bullshit upon him. The real problem in stories like this is the guy who does everything right always gets shit on. Even if he comes out the other side better the worse for wear, he still woulda been taken to the dark side through no fault of his. How is that okay? What's the lesson there? Fuck it all cuz everyone's a different type of shitbird?

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

For any who think these stories are all fiction, I have a bridge or two I can sell you very cheaply. Thank you Mr. Gerald for your great writing and all those who contributed their time for

refining it. 5 stars and more

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! The ever eloquent and prolific author dark2donut2 has really put RG in his place! D2D2 must know RG really well to know that RG thinks of himself as a great writer. I don’t know RG at all, but I’m betting that he’s a lawyer in the Albany area who writes on the side for his own pleasure. He then offers his stories for free so that others might enjoy them. Then ungrateful readers, such as D2D2, offer scathing comments as his reward. I think RG deserves praise for the quality of his characters and his sophisticated plots (while admitting that his grammar ain’t always up to snuff). The ratings suggest that more people are aligned with me than with D2D2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Previously said. LP

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownover 1 year ago

RichardGerald to writing is like Yoko Ono is to music.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An intricate story but there’s a cheating bitch at the center. Again I can’t understand why she cheated.

Fidelity is so much bigger than money or prestige, but these women don’t realize that until it’s too late.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Honestly, I wouldn't have taken her back either. The argument that it would end with her partnership isn't believable, as her career (and the relationships that come with it) would always come first. A young, sharp prosecutor with a legendary defense attorney as close friend? Dump the quisling wife, get a nice settlement in divorce, and go into partnership with the old friend in a joint law firm. Or at least, go somewhere a sharp operator would thrive. Maybe even after learning to play the political patronage game. Great, great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

DeVoe..... DeVos? Hmmmm...... interesting.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

1 star for up-your-nose garbage.

Nothing but a cliche after cliche, all wrapped up in a candy of "here I have my 500 characters, try to keep up who is who".

1. Political corruption as a cliche

2. Law firm partners have nothing better to do that to fuck with married women to prove they are "Alpha", really?

3. Women just slut around, married to boys they cannot see anything, yet they can outgamble Las Vegas.

In this modern time when one wrong photo or one wild accusation can flush entire career into a sewage these supposedly elite powers-to-be are doing nothing better than screwing with somebody else's marriages.

Dude, you are smoking your own shit from your own soiled underwear, time to get your head out of your "I-am-a-great-writer" ass and see the daylight.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 2 years ago

The thing I *hate* about these stories is the premise that Pat is "such a boy" because he doesn't want his wife fucking around on him.

Fuck that shit for a lark. Who gives a rat's ass if you think someone is an alpha or not? If you're married, keep your gosh be damned legs closed, bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fucking meddlers. Seems to me the guy is plenty mature. Divorcing a cheating whore is clearly advisable.

ArcDemonDemiurgeArcDemonDemiurgeabout 2 years ago

Yes, because it's *totally immature* to be pissed that your wife was having an affair. God, I hate people who think having an ongoing affair is something small.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

OMG hope part 3 is devastating for some slimy people and the good "little guys" win

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think another Rickman strong to happy everafter Cuckold story is on the way

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Writers, like musicians amaze me. They both have a talent that I do not. A musician takes and instrument a makes amazing sounds with it and a writer takes words we speak every day and makes a story out of them. The story may make us cry, laugh or cringe. It is that talent that writers have, it's amazing. So kudos to the writers and the editors that make the stories even better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The corruption of Pat Sullivan can be traced from the moment he met Laura Parker. These elites think it immature because you believe in love and fidelity?!? smdh. Well I hope Pat fucks all of them over especially Frank. Not sure he can BTB with Laura, but Saul needs to be taken down a peg as well. Inhave high hopes he doesn't cuck out at the end

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

I love it! It ticks all my boxes for a good yarn with a dollop of erotica thrown for good measure. I like my hero’s to be corrupt sleazy beta-male bastards and their women to be devious cheating lying alpha-female sluts. This story has it all. Onwards and upwards to part 3! 5 stars.

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

Lots of fill and character development. Looks like Pat has a bumpy road ahead with all the high powered and monied lawyers about to throw all the crap in his way. We'll see! on to chapter 3.

Cheers

SAGE

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Very good story, it seems everyone is underestimating Pat. Pat has his own morals although he's proven he is no boy scout. Like some have said the big boys are as smart as they think they are, can't wait for more.................

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved the way Saul told Laura she was a dumb ass. I warned all the little girls about him but I really didn't think you would be dumb enough to fall for Frank's bull - her actions clearly lowered Saul's opinion of her.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 3 years ago

The thing I dislike most about this story I think is the thought that people think that Pat is immature because he thinks he should be able to trust in his wife's fidelity...

"Let's get him to grow up and come back to you... after all, all you did was fuck another man repeatedly."

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Good story so far. Are all the ins-and-outs of the system in that state and with the law 'profession' legit? I don't know, don't care. It's fiction and a damn good story. Love it. Wish there were a lot more chapters so I could keep reading it, but looks like we're near the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This whole storyline needs a re wrote and u am willing to do that

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

Lawyers respect Power and Money and fear Physical confrontations . i have known more then a few Lawyers .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Please don't make this an RAAC story. Don't want Laura it the smug bastard Saul to get their way

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A nest of snakes

I truly believe the author is a lawyer. Lawyers by their nature only respect power. Marriage to them is a means to an end, not for love, but for power. There is no honor for lawyers, at least the powerful ones. A lawyer can spin a nice tale, but really doesn't have morals, or ethics the rest of us mere mortals have. They understand what morals and ethics are, because they leave them in the dust to further their career. Just like in this story, its well crafted, but I have a feeling that a RaaC is in the future, and all the morals our hero will have will be broken toys along his way to victory.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Typical RG

another weak cuck husband character with the story ending in a RAAC. Laura and a host of characters in real life would have been justifiably burned. The legal and other manipulation of the cuck is utterly implausible. Wouldn't/couldn't happen. The author probably hasn't practiced in NYC

katibkatibalmost 4 years ago
Great

This is a fascinating story, and I'm reading it for the second time. As before, I'm troubled when I see your comma splices and run on sentences. I know, piddling problems: but as Ben Franklin said, "Little leaks sink great ships."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Agree with all the critics

Cheating , while not murder, is serious and divorce is a valid response. Seems like everyone in the story except the aggrieved think it is something only immature people have a problem with. And why, exactly was she cheating and why shlu!d she be forgiven

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This ends with just another

formulaic RAAC....H is injured, W rushes to his side and traps him with a baby. H decides to be a good cuck, and W gets away with fucking around

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Agree. Immature because won't put up with infidelity!?

Burn the cheaters

Hope better last part then this

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Is Anyone Surprised

That lawyers are the most despised "working class" of people in the country by the majority, they rank in a dead heat with politicians. Go figure. I personally put them in the same class as your alpha wives. Lake Michigan is big enough to any left over if they won't all fit in the Bayou. Signed: BTW

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 4 years ago
It's kind of disturbing...

That your characters all put so little value on their (or other's) vows of fidelity.

Also, all of these women who profess to love their husbands when it seems the reality is they love what they think their husbands are - basically, a man they can sleep around on who will put up with it.

And considering how you write them, they're right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF

A man is considered immature because he wants a divorce from a cheating wife

Get real.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great

You certainly seem to.know your politics. I almost forgot that this was an LW cheating wife story. Democrats used to be such "clean " dirty operatives, but the Clintons just made them dirty. The Clintons led us to Obama and now OAC and the death of the Democratic Party. Great story.

patilliepatillieabout 5 years ago
Your writing is great

but you sure know the messy, base side of humanity. I have never met folk this evil in my life, that I know of. The women are disgusting tramps, making their men cuckolds, they appear to have no control over their sex drive.

Will rejoice when Pat gets his pound of flesh.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Take away

If you aren’t a swinger, make damn sure you aren’t marrying a tramp

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
she sure

Wasn't working to get her husband back when she was submitting to a nice bout of sodomy from her boss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I'm confused, shouldn't this be labeled as a novella? Seems the "loving wife" aspect is about 1/20th of the actual story

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
POLITICS AND POLITICIANS

used car salesman learn their trade from them, TK U MLJ LV NV

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
Hope

Late to the party reading this, but hope he is smarter than everyone else. She needs to be dumped and all who sails in her.

Got lost with all the names of people. Wasnt even sure at the start who Pat or Steve were. Writing did not make it obvious who the characters were, and it had just been a day or 2 since I read part 1. Hate to think if it had been months or whatever between issuing parts.

teedeedubteedeedubover 6 years ago
I'm

really liking this story. Can't wait to see where you take it. Thanks for sharing.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

Here's where you wish that after you read Laura's conversation with the "Head Honcho" that Patrick would destroy them all!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
On re-read raised score from 4 to 5 out of :-) s

Thank You RichardGerald,

some weeks later, on a long rainy winter evening Your epos pleased me even more than on my 1st time reading it. Appreciated its finer details and elaborate plot ideas even more. Therefore I correct myself, it definitely is beyond "good" and "solid"

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Who needs TV or cable as long as there are as good authors as You on LIT or SO?

All the best, Simon

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wife cheats. World: "he needs to grow up a d get over it"

Fuck this shit. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sad state of affairs

When many in society think that affairs are acceptable or not that big of a deal. Also sad that relationships can be so manipulative and one sided and the person doing it thinks that they love their spouse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yes, go for it, carry on

I liked it. May not win a literature price but its more than average solid entertainment in the sex&crime mystery ( or thriller ? but nobody got killed, yet; possibly in future chapters ? ) category.

Real life characters, not black+white caricatures, coming to life. Suspense and action with details and a lot of color, i.e. reasons + motivations + relevant factors behind actions. Not merely an endless repeat of: She did X. He did Z. She said "...." He said "..."

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
5*

maybe just because it's pissing me off. :)

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
and

swapping. I hope they all three get sold into Mexican whorehouses involving unnatural acts.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Page 2

Haven't read the comments and I'm just on page 2 of pt 02 but Steven's fiancé is out picking up guys to screw and doing it with Steven's SISTER? WTF?

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 6 years ago
Liked this story, but

Laura's side is of the story is shallow and superficial. She is well depicted as insecure, and had the affair in order to make partner. But she is clearly lacking in morals and a sense of decency or loyalty. Her description of the sex with Frank sounds like she would be sizing him up for something long term if he were better In bed: different but not better. Patrick should have dumped her and got out of Dodge, even if he couldn't divorce her.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
A minor dalliance?

You can't bend a fact in the middle of a story. It's one thing to be in denial, but not to be expected from a senior, senior partner in a law firm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Overreaction?

Stopped reading right there. Don't care about any of these crappy characters. Forced RAAC inc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
another one

Adding to like comments

Saul - ''overreacted to a minor dalliance''

Fucking a guy for partnership is also violation of law firm's morals clause...atually would be also be viewed as sexual coercion on patterson's side.

To view adultery, sexual coercion and what amounts to career aiding prostitution as minor shows Gerald's own stated philosophy.

That story ends with reconciliation and saul upset at patterson's death though he did not express outrage when patterson tries to kill sullivan

Gerald is decent enough writer but tough to take his elitism

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 7 years ago
I haven't even FINISHED reading this chapter, yet have to leave this comment:

So... Pat's immature... 'cause he sorta lost it after learning his wife is a cheating slut?

Hey, you know what, old men: FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU TO HELL!

Geezus Krist... the way those two rich, entitled bozos were talking about it, Laura is just a poor, innocent girl that lost her way... for at least 5 months! lol

Seriously, the only good thing rich, old people can do is die. 'Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Long winded DRIVEL

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
Though this is at least my second read through...

I'm of the opinion so many of your characters should be bitch slapped.

The predominant thought process being, "Geeze, Patrick. Grow the fuck up - your wife is only fucking around - it isn't as if she doesn't love you."

What sort of idiot really thinks that makes sense...?

Loving someone typically means putting their well-being ahead of your own.

Loving someone means making vows when you marry someone and sticking to them.

Whatever she feels for her husband comes as a poor third to her cunt being satisfied (by others) and her career advancing (no matter the damage incurred to her marriage as a result).

And now I wait to see her willingly putting him through more pain because the selfish Bitch isn't ready to let him go.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through....

Still love it. Still five stars. This is simply a well crafted tale. By far your best effort.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Re-Reading

"There was only one minor problem, actually more an inconvenient embarrassment than a problem" - Holy fuck! Most NORMAL people would consider being married a MAJOR problem when having an affair, but here it's not even a "minor" problem, just an "inconvenient" embarrassment!

Not sure if I said this before, but too much backstory!

I know similar points have been made, but you have a KNOWN skirt-chaser who has to be repeatedly transferred due to his "escapades", and he isn't STERNLY warned to keep it in his pants? And the women in the office aren't warned about him?

I know it's been said before, but a senior partner flirting with/hitting on an associate trying to make partner is CLASSIC sexual harassment, and while she may not KNOW about why he keeps getting transferred, certainly a high-powered attorney as brilliant as she claims to be can put two and two together!

"Yes, his reaction was something beyond excessive, but I doubt he sees it that way." - Nor should he! Besides totally disrespecting him as a man she cheated on him to gain a promotion! She should have told Frank to go fuck himself, and if that cost her partner, go to Stringer who already offered her help if she ever needed it and/or Saul, who was tough, but fair.

They can maybe force counseling, but why do THEY get to choose the counselor?

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 8 years ago
Excellent Story So Fat.

I'm looking froward to the next piece.

Kitist02Kitist02almost 8 years ago
Lawyers?

Yeah, I still hate most of them...

OnethirdOnethirdabout 8 years ago
Not self aware

Still great story, but I was disappointed in the perfunctory back story of the wife and her complete lack of self awareness and any real remorse. Yes, she earlier told him she was sorry, but that had nothing to do with breaking her wedding vows. I would have liked to have seen her recollection of her confrontation with her husband, but I fear it would have been weak tea. Despite my reservations, this is still an excellent yarn.

SigintSigintabout 8 years ago
" but now he had clearly crossed the line into wrong territory."

Huh? He has? When? I thought he was just fine myself. Keep up the suspense.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
two lawyers

First we have a female lawyer who is either

A) too stupid to recognize sexual harassment and too stupid to realize that having sex with this other guy is not going to add anything to her chances at a partnership, or

B) really setting out to prove to the higher-ups that she is a completely willing whore who will do anything.

Then there is her husband.

Yes at this point in his career he is not pulling down the big bucks.

He is a courtroom attorney, and good at it.

However as is typical of many careers there is a period early in it where the wages are low, but once you have earned your 'journeyman's papers' then you make the real money.

A few years in the DA's office then he goes into private practice and all but prints his own money.

Hardly a valid reason to disrespect him.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
NOT BEHIND THE DOORS

for the biggies its behind the walls. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WTF

WTF..rewinding things from the start...are you retarded..

We don't want the whore point of view...Ass hole..

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Hmmm....realistic...gritty.

There are many people who go through life being underestimated. The husband was such a man. He didn't see himself as a politician, but he personified what a politician truly is, someone who adapts to almost every situation. He's not perfect, and he doesn't always get exactly the outcome he desired, although the situation with his wife could be one of the few cases where a cheating wife should be given a second chance. I know, once a cheater always a cheater, but sometimes even cheating sluts can learn that the consequences of cheating can be more than they are willing to pay. I enjoyed reading this story about a man's journey from obscurity to power and appreciate that it highlights the fact that such journeys are seldom made alone. His friends and supporters help him achieve more than he could have achieved on his own. And the adversity he faced became the forge that he was tempered in. His hands may not be entirely clean, but then who's are?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Do Not Say A Woman Loves Her Husband After Pulling A Train

Since Laura, an elite lawyer did not seem to know how to cope with sexual harassment, it is obvious that she chose to have sex with Frank because (a) she no longer loved her husband, (b) she was a whore, (c) she and Frank wanted to show their power over her husband by cuckolding him, (d) she wanted to increase her power over Pat, (e) she woefully misjudged his reaction and her control limits over him, (f) her failure to realize very few men will allow themselves to stay in a cuckolded status, (g) Pat realized he was not a lesser man than his wife's over-the-hill lover...(list goes on...she was flat out stupid. If her bosses try to block the divorce, have Pat put a gun to her head and pull the trigger. I would. I don 't forgive a wife for a 'mere dalliance'. They had their chance to stop this. They failed miserably.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
1*

extremely boring. I'm done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
well

It was written the affair had "sizzle".

She, a lawyer, allowed herself to be sexually harassed? No she wanted to cheat obviously.

Frankly her orgy while dating him said a lot about her not loving him.

And for thee head guy to feel husband was "immature" because he was against adultery?

I fail to see how the charcters many flaws can have a goo outcome.

The author has written her and her firm leaders as evil.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

“She couldn't just reject Patterson and she certainly could not make a scene or ask for help from above, that would kill her chances.”

Um, sexual harassment is illegal, she most certainly COULD make a scene, as long as she can back up any accusation. And as we’ve seen from Ch 1 Frank apparently has a history of this sort of thing.

And giving Frank her ass, something she never did for Pat is just unforgiveable, and as has been mentioned in then comments on Ch 1, if the affair with Frank was to get the partnership, why did it continue once she had it?

For someone who is ostensibly a nice guy, Saul’s lack of consideration for Patrick is disturbing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sigh...

I hate cheating legal dramas where the cheating is all about becoming a partner. It's not like the author has to work in a large law firm, just watching a couple of episodes of Law and Order or Suits can explain enough to make the idea sound ludicrous.

Of course fiction writers are writing fiction, but if the backdrop is something that is known to a large section of readership, then it should at least look and feel good enough to last to the last page and not look silly a quarter of the way through.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Further Thoughts

Somewhat repeating myself -

"she certainly could not make a scene or ask for help from above, that would kill her chances"

Why not?

Saul has shown himself to be tough, but fair. He surely knows her work. She apparently doesn't know Frank's rep, but surely a sharp attorney could do some digging and find out why he keeps getting transferred!

"On the next date he took her ass something she hadn't done before"

Always a deal-breaker for me, giving the lover something she doesn't give her husband.

I want to SOMEWHAT modify my earlier criticism regarding her continuing the affair, as it is unclear when in the timeline she made partner, though it appears that there was at least one occurrence afterward, the famous "good-bye fuck". (Another common LW trope.)

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Ten Commandments?

The real reason the government wants them gone is "Thou shall not steal" implies private property and ownership which is anathema to Communists and career politicians.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
@rightbank

This says it well:

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse is this:

You cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal,' 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery,' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
type casting

somehow we are supposed to feel that all the players in this drama are without moral compass except for one true and honest man. He, the Irishman, alone has a conscience. But, when considering the cast as written, it is made up of lawyers, many of whom are politicians or lobbyists. Is it any wonder that the senior partner believes for Patrick to grow up and become a man means accepting the infidelities of his wife?

DepopuloDepopuloalmost 10 years ago

Self cuck in the end 1/5

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
"Alpha Males"

Why do these asshole "Alpha Males" think that just because someone is a loyal husband and doesn't think that all other women are "fair game" that he is a wimp?

And I hope he doesn't take her back - two things beyond the basic cheating argue against it for me:

1) The continued cheating after it accomplished its purpose

2) Giving the lover something she doesn't give her husband, i.e. anal

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Laura needs to be uunderstood -

Sge is stupid for a smart woman - she has bad ethics and typical high powered morals -

She might be salvageable - but not too likely -

The story holds th interest

Lonewolf2013Lonewolf2013almost 10 years ago
Giving Laura's view was a waste of time.

The author wasted a lot of time giving Laura's point of view we already knew she was a controlling cheating slut. I gave this chapter a " 2" because it was not really necessary and it did not improve the story.

rixelsrixelsalmost 10 years ago
Great Story

Some people read stories to be entertained. Others are entertained by looking for mistakes. This series has a great plot and complex characters. This interesting story left me wanting for only one thing………More. Thank you RichardGerald.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Generally a little better than the first entry

The writing still leaves a lot to be desired.

What the hell is a Mercedes-Benzes?

Then there was, 'That dam Sullivan' - so now he holds back water?

Too many comma splices and sentences devoid of punctuation, making the reading very difficult in spots.

Get a competent editor and quit fucking up after their work is done!

Also, I notice Literotica has made correct formatting difficult...

potsherdpotsherdalmost 10 years ago
Terrific story...

...so far. I am looking forward to the battle between a might law firm and the District Attorney -should be a titanic struggle. I think Solomon underestimates the challenge facing him.

Please post the next instalment soon.,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Waiting for Chapters 4-5-???? but......

RichardGerald, well you seem to have woken up the masses with this chapter, 94 comments between 5/09 & 5/20.

Keep it up my friend, I liked it, the setups, the sub-plots, the multiple "what's next's" <if my what next's makes it past the grammer nazi's>.. As I said, I'm waiting for the next chapters...

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 10 years ago
Please hurry with the next chapter.

This story has a few flaws, like not understanding the value of a skilled litigator but it is better than 90%+ of the stuff posted here.

ScaliaScaliaalmost 10 years ago
A litigator is very valuable

In reality, I believe Patrick was more valuable than his wife. What the author forgets or probably does not know is that a skilled litigator, someone who knows his or her way around a courtroom, is a highly valued attorney. Anybody can do bond work, but it takes a special kind of personality to do litigation.

True Patrick was not earning a lot in the prosecutor's office, but the moment he made the transition to private practice, his income would soar.

Scalia

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Chapter 3

Great story. I'm looking forward to chapter 3 & 4 & 5. Does Patrick become the DA? Does he get back together with his slut wife? How does that relationship change? What roles to the other characters play? Don't keep us in suspense :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
whores

If you put the whore back together with Patrick your score will be one star. Why would any man stay with a piece of shit. This slut and her slut friends are in the wrong business. They are whores one and all.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
so the firm doesn't like the cheating man

but wants to protect the woman?

and they now want to manipulate the husband that was cheated on?

I hope the firm gets taken down and the little guy (you know, the wimpy Irishman) comes out way on top.

please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent

Please continue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good First Effort, BUT......

As a first effort, you probably didn't expect the praise that you've recieved.

But, as a result of that praise, the demand for the next chapter gets louder and louder.

So, what SOME writers do it write the WHOLE story out, and then submit the chapters a day at a time....

I know the knuckle heads who run this joint aren't always the quickest about posting stuff up, so, by sending them stuff daily, you can shift the blame...

Good Luck, and keep writing!

greowulfgreowulfalmost 10 years ago
Serious talent

No criticism here. Like others, I would have enjoyed more from her perspective during and after the affair. I love that the bastard would have blocked her partnership. Great plot, great character development. The problem I have is that I almost lijed her more from the first installment than this one. The hen party and the affair are too despicable. I can't wait to see how you develop this in the finale.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous