Extenuating Circumstances Ch. 01A

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She shrugged at Henry's comment, answering, "Well, there still wouldn't be much reason for me to even bother wearing a bathing suit," she told the older gentleman. "David can't play any of the games, and they are all for couples—so we may go, but it is doubtful we will stay long," she told Henry.

"Trust me," the older man said to her, "I've sat on the sidelines for years being widowed. It's no fun, with or without a partner," he told her.

Suzanne suddenly felt sorry for the older man, realizing he was a common attendee at all the neighborhood parties, but although everybody enjoyed his company, he rarely participated in any of the yard games, being widowed all these years. Suzanne realized this little coffee time with even a distant neighbor was probably a rare treat for the man, as with his wife having passed away and his children living out of state meant most of his social interaction was attending the neighborhood parties. She had never noted him having visitors, and as she thought about it, he was always on the periphery of parties instead of being an active participant.

With thoughts of pity towards the elderly man filling her head, she suddenly said, "Well, maybe you and I could pair up for some of the games," she told him in way of consolation. "It would at least give me an excuse to wear my suit for the party," she told him jokingly with a laugh.

Most of the games were fairly physical and strenuous, and Suzanne figured the only games Henry probably could participate in were the few held in the pool—if the elderly man had to lift her weight, it would be better if they were in the water, even with her petite frame.

"David wouldn't mind?" Henry asked as Suzanne smiled, shaking her head.

"Why would he? He would be as upset about me sitting on the sidelines as you," she told him with a laugh. "And besides, you've done so much helping out with our lawn it's the least I could do," she told him happily.

"That would be great!" Henry told her enthusiastically, and Suzanne felt immensely pleased at how quickly his spirits lifted. Then he added, "But as your partner, I insist on buying you a new suit," he told her to Suzanne's surprise. "I know you have worn the same suit the last couple years and, if you don't mind me saying so, you have a fantastic body and that one-piece thing you always wear is not only outdated, but does not do you justice," he told her as she blushed.

Seeing her response to his flattery he continued, saying, "Don't be so shy, you know I speak the truth. And let's face it, most of the other wives are always trying to out-do each other at these little shindigs," he told her with a laugh, "so it would do them good to have some real competition," he laughed. "And particularly after this past weekend's party," he added. "It would do them good to have you in particular put them in their place, and what better way than by out-dressing them," he laughed.

"I don't know," Suzanne answered with some misgivings. "That's just so not me," she admitted, never having been one to 'flaunt her wares' as David liked to say.

Suzanne knew Henry was right about the other women of the neighborhood. Her fellow neighbors were always trying to 'out-do' each other—competing on whose lawn was the nicest, who had the most expensive cars, who wore the fanciest outfits, or in the case of events like the pool party, wearing whatever swimwear was fashionable for that summer. What was worse was many of the younger wives had subtly made it a contest to see who could wear the skimpiest outfits at parties, each neighborhood event becoming more and more risqué as women wore skimpier and skimpier outfits, showing off their bodies regardless of being married. In fact, many of the married women were the worst offenders in skimpy attire, Suzanne had noted.

Henry was correct in postulating her wearing such an outfit and competing with them would cause a stir. Although many of her neighbor's bodies were enhanced by plastic surgery, none of them could compete with Suzanne's own natural and youthful, well-toned 35C-24-34 body. She had been on the cheerleading squad in high school, even though several years had gone by since then, her body was still firm and shapely due to her routinely working out at home.

But Suzanne had never had any desire to compete with the women of the neighborhood in that regard. She and David had never been able to afford top-of-the-line clothes, and she was more comfortable wearing something from Target or Kohl's, which were more within her price range, than something fancy from Macy's or Neiman Marcus. Unlike her older sister, Suzanne did not purposely 'flaunt' her body, preferring long sundresses to miniskirts and full blouses instead of something revealing a deep décolletage.

She had no doubts about her attractiveness. It was not narcissism or ego, just what she had observed based upon the looks from men at the office or when she and David went out. Suzanne knew she was beautiful, she was simply not the type of girl to parade around and tease anybody—although she also knew Henry was right in another way, nobody, including her own husband, would complain if she did.

"No, it isn't necessary," Suzanne told Henry again, feeling uncomfortable at the idea of another man other than her husband offering to buy her clothes, particularly something as revealing as a swimsuit. "You've done more than enough already helping us out with our lawn," she told him in way of explanation, not wanting to reveal her deeper misgivings.

"Nonsense," Henry told her with conviction. "In fact, since you and David already owe me for the lawn care service, you can do this as part of the payment!" he said happily.

Suzanne looked at him questioningly, her brows furrowing as she asked, "What do you mean?"

The old man smiled at her so genuinely, Suzanne truly believed he was honest when he said, "Look, I know you and David can't afford to pay me for a full summer's lawn care. No, don't protest or plead ignorance," he said, holding up his hand to stop her protests. "I know how much medical bills can be these days, particularly when there's only one bread winner in the family," he told her.

She and David had made no secret on their bad luck lately, and she also knew David sometimes talked with the older man when they were outside together getting the mail and whatnot, so their financial status was probably known to at least Henry, who was exactly the type of person who wanted to help somebody out. If he could help them, he would, even if it was something as simple as making them feel better about themselves.

He continued, telling her, "So how about you be my partner at not just the Meyers' pool party, but all the neighborhood parties this summer—at least until David gets back on his feet and can once again be a proper partner for you," he said. "We can consider your accompanying me as my escort payment for the lawn services," he told her happily.

"But..." Suzanne said in surprise, "But I'm married" she finally said.

The old man looked at her perplexed as he asked, "What does that have to do with anything? With David out of commission for the games, there's no sense in all of us having to sit on the sidelines. This way you can participate at the parties as well," he explained to her. "I'm sure your husband would agree on wanting you to have fun and not having to babysit him all the time at a party," he told her.

"I don't babysit him," she said defensively.

But Suzanne could not fault the man's thinking. But she was still concerned about how the other neighbors would act, expressing her concerns to Henry.

The old man surprised her by laughing.

"You make it sound like we're going to be doing something illicit," the man chided her. "Besides, what can they say? We're consenting adults," he laughed. "It's not like your husband wouldn't be there, I'll just be filling in for him," he told her. Looking at her intently he then said, "I'll tell you what. If we win any of the pots of money at any of the events, I'll let you keep it all," he said to her. Seeing her about to protest he held up his hand saying, "No, not another word. You and David need the money more than I do," he said, "so I'll help you out in that regard as well."

His offer was substantial, as the Meyers party was not the only neighborhood event having monetary prizes, several of the parties held throughout the year had similar contests. There was even a big Halloween contest awarding for the best costumes—although sometimes people spent more on the costumes than the prizes awarded.

Thinking about the money finally convinced her more than anything, so she reluctantly agreed. With David's injury and him being out of a job until he could walk again, these were extenuating circumstances and it would be foolish to turn down any extra money that came their way.

********************

Suzanne re-crossed her legs, allowing the blood to flow back into her left leg.

To her embarrassment, the already-too-short skirt rose even higher, now completely above her stockings and revealing a large expanse of her thighs covered by nothing but the straps of her garters. But she did not pull the hem of the skirt down per her instructions, even as every pair of eyes with a 'Y' chromosome eagerly memorized the newly revealed flesh.

Although already on her fourth drink, the alcohol in her system seemed to do little but enhance her feelings of being exposed more than calming her, as she once again turned her thoughts to the events leading her to this predicament.

********************

Later that night as they got ready for bed, Suzanne told David about her discussion with Henry and his strange offer.

"If it upsets you, I'll tell him no," she said as she helped her husband into bed, even as he complained.

With one leg in a cast and the other in a large orthopedic boot, moving around was not easy for her man, and Suzanne was more than willing to help him with anything he needed; however, lately he had started to feel as if she were pitying him. He felt it was an insult to his manhood, injured or not, to have to accept so much assistance, particularly from a woman, and the mere fact he could not even put himself to bed was more than upsetting. So it was no surprise to her to hear he agreed with Henry—the last thing David wanted was Suzanne hovering around him making him feel even more decrepit at the party. To his old-fashioned ego it was an insult, even though he knew she meant the best for him.

His ire at needing her assistant was almost palpable as Suzanne got herself ready for bed, putting on an oversized t-shirt and panties, although she would rather have gone to bed naked and let her husband have her way with her—David was not the only one who could not wait until that cast came off.

Looking at herself in the full-length mirror in their bedroom, Suzanne thought about getting old, seeing herself in the reflection wearing such basic nightwear. Normally she would be wearing something sexy for her husband, made of lace or satin—or even nude—ready and willing to seduce him. They were still in the 'honeymoon' stage of their marriage, and Suzanne had surprisingly discovered she had a large appetite for sex. Unfortunately, David's injury had hampered their lovemaking. Since his accident, their sex life had been next to nothing, his cast extending up to his pelvis and preventing them from sex.

They had initially resorted to getting each other off with their hands, and then later orally. Although Suzanne had never been one for blowjobs, it was the least she could do to please her man. And her efforts were apparently not for nothing, as she had become quite good at them. David had been particularly impressed at how eagerly she now sucked him off compared to before his accident—Suzanne had learned to enjoy the control she had over her husband when he was in her mouth.

Wanting to please him even more, Suzanne had practiced with various objects such as carrots and bananas when alone, conditioning herself to suppress her gag reflex in order to take him even further into her mouth, as even though David was not necessarily long enough to go as deep into her throat as the items she was practicing with, when he got vigorous it inevitably hit her and caused her to gag, ruining the mood. She knew the more comfortable she got, the better he would enjoy her going down on him.

Suzanne felt her body becoming aroused from her thoughts about sex as she crawled into bed, resigning herself to another night of being unfulfilled.

"Don't be ridiculous," her husband told her with a laugh, continuing their conversation as if she had not just stripped and exposed herself before him while getting ready for bed. "I think it's cute you are willing to take pity on the old man, like a lost puppy or something," he said with a smile. "And you're right, I've felt sorry for him myself, always seeing him on the sidelines at parties," he told her.

Then he quickly changed the subject.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, the Home Owner's group rescinded our fine," he told her happily as she looked at him in surprise. "They said our lawn was now the best in the neighborhood, and it would be unjust to penalize us for the brief lapse due to my injury," he told her. "After all Henry's done for us, letting the old man participate at the parties with you as his partner will be good," he said.

Suzanne was thrilled to hear about the fine being rescinded, as such a large sum of money would have set them back tremendously. At least now they could afford to pay their late utility bills without any interruption to service, she thought, her mind completely diverted towards her husband agreeing to 'share' her with their neighbor at parties.

********************

Suzanne watched warily as an obese man in a suit entered the hotel lounge and eyed her openly. To her shame, even though she was revolted by his weight, feeling a rush of relief as he was welcomed by another pair of businessmen at another table, and turned away from her, she still felt her body respond to his look, her breasts tightening, and her Kegel muscles involuntarily clenching momentarily.

It was only now she realized she had no say in who she would be giving herself to. She very well could have been paired up with somebody she found less-than-attractive, turning her gaze away from the large man to avoid him believing she was interested in him.

Her realization at her complete lack of control, having absolutely no say in who defiled her body, caused her to feel even more debased, as the control on her life slipped away even more.

She took a big gulp of wine, once again attempting to calm her nerves by thinking about the past.

********************

It was several days later when Suzanne arrived home to find a giftwrapped box sitting on the dining room table.

Asking David about it he smiled, telling her it was from Henry—for the pool party this coming weekend.

Suzanne had completely forgotten the old man's proposition, suddenly remembering Henry's offer to buy her a new bathing suit.

"It's probably not even my size," she told her husband as a way of refusing the offer, even as she felt giddy unwrapping the box.

Suzanne was a sucker when it came to presents.

Watching her, David laughed.

"Well, I sort of told him what size you were," her husband said, Suzanne looking up at him in surprise.

"You what?" Suzanne exclaimed at her husband's laugh.

She watched him shrug in his wheel chair as he said, "He came by the other day to apologize to me for his forwardness with you. Apparently the man is really old-fashioned, and he felt bad for 'insulting me' talking to you so openly. He actually wanted to back out of the agreement you two made," her husband told her, "but I told him there was nothing to apologize, and was totally cool with his suggestion."

"You what?" she asked again in complete shock.

"I told him I would love to have you enjoy the party instead of having to hold my hand," her husband told her with a shrug.

"I do NOT hold your hand," Suzanne said with some resentment, "and I don't mind keeping you company," she told him. "You are after all my husband," she laughed.

"You know what I mean," David told her, looking down at his currently useless legs. "Anyways, I explained how I not only approved of the two of you teaming up for the party, but appreciated his offer to buy you a new suit," he said.

Seeing her surprised expression become even more pronounced he said somewhat sadly, "Let's face it Sue, when's the last time you bought anything new for just you? I'm not talking about a Target sale and buying utility underwear or shit like that, but something really nice. I know we can't afford it, and you've been more than a trooper about our financial circumstances, but I know you wouldn't mind some new outfits once and a while," he told her with sadness. "Anyways, I didn't think that blue one-piece you wear each year could hold out another year," he laughed.

Suzanne smiled at him, admitting she HAD needed a new bathing suit; however, the idea of another man picking out and buying her clothes once more made her uncomfortable.

Opening up the garment box, her eyes opened in surprise seeing a skimpy two-piece bikini!

"I can't wear this," she said, holding the two small pieces of material up.

The top was a skimpy triangular halter with ruffled edges, and the matching bottoms were basically two additional triangles—also with ruffled edges—the suit tied on the sides by two strings.

Suzanne could only stare at the incredibly small amount of material, being a bright fluorescent orange and pink color in a snakeskin pattern, the ties and highlights in black.

If she wore such a thing she would not be drawing attention to herself by how revealing the suit was, but by how bright it was, the material like a beacon in the dark.

"Why not?" David asked innocently. "It would be nice to show my wife off once and a while," he laughed. "And Henry told me about you two talking about the other women trying to outdo themselves. This suit would be perfect to put them their proper place," he said with a smile. "Particularly after last week's snobbery."

Seeing his unconcern at how skimpy and revealing the outfit she was holding up in her hands was, Suzanne narrowed her eyes with suspicion.

"Why are you being so understanding?" she asked. Seeing the sudden grin on her husband's face, things 'clicked' in her mind as she said, "You knew!"

David nodded and laughed as he explained.

"Henry actually brought over five goddamn suits," he told her with a grin. "I shit you not, he had bought five of them telling me you could wear any of them," he said. As Suzanne looked around expecting to see other boxes David laughed again, once more catching her attention. "As I said, at first he tried to back out of the arrangement, and I told him there was nothing to worry about. Then he showed me the suits," he told his wife. "The first two were one-piece suits," he said.

Seeing Suzanne open her mouth to ask about them, he held up his hand.

"Trust me, they were something Henry's wife, if she were still alive, wouldn't have worn," he grinned. "The other two weren't as bad," he said, "but when I saw this one, Henry immediately go flustered, apologizing as he told me had gone in to a women's clothing store and asked the salesgirl what a twenty-something would wear nowadays, and she picked it out. He was actually quite embarrassed and told me he would take it back, but as soon as I saw it and how embarrassed he was, I knew you would look awesome in it," her husband said.

"You are an evil man," she told David at his confession on wanting to make Henry feel uncomfortably, particularly after all he had done for them. "But you really WANT me to wear this?" she asked in surprise, once again holding up the two miniscule pieces of bright cloth.