All Comments on 'Family Tradition'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 398 Comments
chytownchytownalmost 8 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1* repulsive

Wait! just let me check, yep LW. what is going on lately? Is everybody too scared to submit their stories in the correct category, what with BDSM, Anal, Fetish, IL, whatever and now Incest/Taboo, no worries! dump it all in LW. Seriously! I don't care how good the story is or that it could possibly win some international literary award, if its in the wrong category I will give it a !*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Minus 5 if they gave that option

If they'd give a minus rating this would be minus 5 for sure 😡😡😡

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Not Bad

Story had a different spin not bad, keep up the good work and don't let the negative loud mouths bother you.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Well now

Hummm, not exactly sure what I feel about that.

This reminds me of HDK's story about planting trees , the title escapes me. That wasn't one of my personal favorites of his ( even the legends miss occasionally).

I get trying to come up with a storyline that isn't , well let's say broken in . But , I guess trying to stretch ones literary legs is what all authors should strive for , sometimes your audience probably will not always appreciate that fact.

I guess what I'm saying is it's like going to see a concert by your favorite artists , and them only playing the new stuff , and not their old standards. I understand that they want to stop playing the same songs over and over , but their biggest fans want to hear the songs that made them like the artists to begin with.

So , with that very awkward analogy ( hey,it's late) , I appreciate the effort of trying something different , it didn't work for me as well as your last LW story did.

But please crank out some more BigGuy , you have a talent.

4 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The absolutely stupidest story I've ever read

Preposterous, laughably bad and idiotic story. I can't imagine what would possess anyone to write this. It is the HDK story all over again and it was his worst story ever.

SharedSigneSharedSignealmost 8 years ago
Very funny

I thought it was a humorous and entertaining fantasy. It's hard to come up with an entirely new plot and you did a great job of it. I give it four stars and only not five because I had difficulty identifying with any of the characters because it was so way out there.

As an aside, isn't everyone sick and tired of the "pubescent" comments of the illiterate idiot who only comes to LW to write one line insults on all stories?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Meet the Fockers

Love to meet your first deformed child it would look like your ma in laws twat saggy and baggy. Idiotic story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄™ aka WHOREDSigne!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
nope

That was terrible.It seems like a take from another story about planting trees that was actually good.

BriteaseBriteasealmost 8 years ago
Well that was different

Amusing! Gave it 5* just for the hell of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Stop writing

Please stop writing. Please just stop.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 8 years ago
That was an interesting take on this concept. 5*

as it was well-written.

However, here's an idea. What if the women were conspiring to make sure only female children were born?

How would he feel about that?

Rocco1960Rocco1960almost 8 years ago
Interesting concept !

I did find this interesting and amusing, I wonder if this story has some basis in truth? In medieval times the noblemen got first dibs on the new peasant wives. It was a very amusing tale!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Why wait

Why wait until one week before the wedding.lf it's so great bring it in the open when they first start getting together

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
As @Crkcppr says...

As @Crkcppr says, this has the same concept as "No Reply" by Harddaysknight...In HDN's story the action took place when this story ended, and also the husbands only were aware of the tradition after their wives' action had taken place...In HDN's story the wife broke the tradition telling the husband about what was going to happen, before it happened and asked for his consent...So the story dealt with his emotions while away from home...In this one the tradition and the concept of "never had a divorce or had a spouse stray" in the family is the same, but the action is about what happened to him and the future mother-in-law, and not about what her husband would be feeling...If we look at it, as I looked at HDN's story as being a comedy, then it's funny, because comedies has a lot of nonsense in them...Well written so 3*...

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
This was interesting.

It did have some slight resemblance to my story "No Reply", (My most commented on story) which was reviled by true men everywhere. Manly men do not share their women, for any reason. That said, I was looking for a twist or turn at the end. I thought he might find his father grinning because part of the tradition, and left unmentioned until later, was her "bonding" with his father.

The part I had trouble with, if I took the story seriously, is that she didn't tell the guy until a few days before the wedding, and if he didn't go along, she would not marry him. That meant he would have wasted his time and emotional investment in her. That part was cruel. If a woman, or man, cannot have children, they do not wait until the week of the wedding to reveal that problem. Big issues need to be revealed and discussed ahead of time. I liked the story for what it was and it did create some emotions, so I'd say it was a good story!

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 8 years ago
Not sure

If I should rate this on the content or on the talent in the writing. I've decided on the first thing. I don't like the concept of the story although I guess what works for someone is their own business. I scorned the story below average because of my dislike and disbelief of the content.

I wish there was a way to score just the writing. Thought it was well written and thought out.

Thanks for the hard work and I will check out your other work.

Woodmanone

spredmspredmalmost 8 years ago
Wonder

what would it be like to fuck new wife's mother if she is bed ridden or if wife's mother passes away

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Oh I wonder, wonder, wonder who wrote the book of Looove

There is symbolism galore in this tale of the family psychic and carnal baggage inherently accepted in the choice of spouse. The flexibility and tolerance demanded weeds out the so-called weak ones from get-go. Anything goes to inspire one's wife to stay in trim for decades so she can conduct the intimate son in law interview to fullest extent of his extension.

I enjoyed the whimsy and craftsmanship of the author. This also made me ponder the potential having Goldie Hawn as MIL at 45 and her current age of 70. Why her ? No idea.

mike9698mike9698almost 8 years ago
1*

He should've fucked the mother then left the fiancée at the alter. Told his parents what a group of depraved assholes his fiancée family is so they would be fine with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

great LW story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Didnt like it.

# 1

needyou200needyou200almost 8 years ago
5

loved this story!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Needed details

Ummm, "You want me to fuck your mother?

UUmmm,,"OK"

Yeaaah, "We did it; it was good."

Yeaaah, "We got married and lived happily ever after."

fin

It needed something to make it interesting, the way it was presented was frankly kind of boring.

But, thank you for your effort.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Ugh!

I would have said that I don't need a week, that she could either drop this bullshit or give me my rings back right now!

And as her father said, you don't HAVE to keep with the values you were raised, you can make your own choices. Why should HE have to be the one to change?

I also wonder what she's doing during this week with her family. Maybe there's some OTHER family traditions he needs to know about!

RePhilRePhilalmost 8 years ago
Ouch

Poor Guy. Worse father. Pity the children

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Stupid

Just fucking stupid... Enough said. X

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Complete Fiction

But great fun. I gave it a 5.

rnebularrnebularalmost 8 years ago
Potential

Interesting concept, but yeah a very hard pill to swallow. I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to deal with that situation, no matter how much I loved the woman. I have 3* for originality, but can't go higher as its just too far fetched for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Some people!

Look, you critics, this is just a story, and not a comment on morals in the greater sense. In a way, it's somewhat humorous, and should be read that way, with the small sense of irony that the writer intended. Thanks to the author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Really , what kind of arrangement was that, pretty sick if you ask me

You call this a story or some freak of nature . This story really sucks.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 8 years ago
GOOD WORK!

Big Guy, we just can’t win for losing. How many times have we read comments complaining about the same plot used over and over? It’s been many times, and even though it’s a known fact there are few, if any, new plots, our readers demand we find one. Now here you come along—not finding a new plot, but one not used so much, and we hear it’s dumb, unrealistic, stupid …pick your favorite insult. Man, this is F-I-C-T-I-O-N. Impossible things happen in fiction, they just have to be believable in the world the author creates for them—not in the real world. Actual accounts of this same marriage would be just as boring to us as the actual wedding usually is to us male guest, who are there solely to please the wife.

As far as the category complaints go, this story is correctly placed and it wouldn’t fit in Taboo until after the marriage. The info on my screen reads, for Loving Wives: Married extra-marital fun, swinging, sharing, and more; while Taboo reads, keeping it in the family. Until after the wedding, Mother-in-Law is not part of the future husband’s family, but she is married and they did have extra-marital sex, so in my book your story fits LW perfectly.

Thanks for the read and I hope you keep writing. (Yes, I know—all readers are entitled to their opinion and this is mine. Like the others, it’s worth EXACTLY what it cost you.)

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1almost 8 years ago
Further than HDK

who almost nailed it.

It's a brave? man who starts married life giving in to blackmail. It shows how much she has emotionally invested in their union. Ditch her and out the family publically.

The 'only daughters' thing came across as very sinister.

But screw the content. Bravo on an original, well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I shutter to think

My MIL ... nice woman, big heart, but how do they say not NO but RUN Forest RUN

Thank god my tack after the father side! (her fathers sister maybe would do her :-) )

Oh well very weird concept, reminds me of "No Reply" by HDK, also very weird and hard to comprehend.

Well it is only a story so fretting about it is useless

jezzazjezzazalmost 8 years ago
Jesus Christ.

You ever come across anything like this, run a fucking mile,

What a strange story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Vandemonium1 Re: "Only Daughter"

Van, I don't think it's only daughters!

Her father said: "And not because I was thinking with my little head and imagining what beauty my son might bring home".

That tells me that future daughters-in-law are expected to sleep with the groom's father!

"my family believes that intimacy between the husband-or-wife-to-be and the opposite parent" - That also indicates that it goes both ways.

And while we're on that subject, what if the son's bride was a virgin, and intended to stay that way till her wedding night?

As someone else said, this isn't the kind of bomb you lay on someone a week before the wedding, at the LATEST it should be at the proposal, better as soon as things get serious!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄™ (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka NEEDYOU200 aka ANON!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What a crock

of shit....sorry but I do not think any of the stories on here, and there are some, that get anywhere near this rubbish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I don't think that the "only daughters" thing

was quite as sinister as it may admittedly have come across. I think the author was going for something more intangible and mystical. You know, somehow, there just NEVER seemed to be any sons born. But the daughters, oh yeah, the daughters!

So, somehow keeping this tradition alive seemed to have been the McGuffin that allowed for the breeding of only highly sexed (so-called) "perfect wives".

But for this one detail, all else would be pure bliss.

No, I don't buy it either. And personally, I would have been in the camp of the guys that RAN fast and hard, without ever looking back. I liked the one comment that places this on par with emotional BLACKMAIL.

But that said, I still gave the story a 4. And that is because it did what the author wanted it to do. It achieved his goals, and I WAS diverted and (gasp) entertained for awhile. I think that technically the writing was OK, as I don't recall any glaring mistakes that took me out of the story. No doubt that the sincere praise of imitation and inspiration from HDK is more than apparent. But here, I say, "No harm, No foul". "No Reply" was one of HDK's more controversial attempts. Why not attempt one's own spin on it? HDK himself comments on this with no malice, so why should anyone else have any? There are certainly MANY MUCH WORSE authors here to emulate. And few will dispute that HDK has long been admired as one of the best, so.......

Thanks for your efforts! Please keep up the hard work!

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
@ Lordslamdawgg

I liked your comment about Goldie Hawn as MIL at 45 and then 70 .

My choice would have to be Raquel Welch . I'm not sure of her present age , but still one of the sexiest women on the planet !

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
An excellent attempt at being creative

And it worked... But if we are going to get tied up in the morality of the action we are not going to appreciate. Great work. 5* I would have asked for my rings when she dropped the bomb....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Love This Story!

Thank you so much.

I'm smiling ear to ear.

Nice Smile

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
I didn't like the premise of the story

at all but I think it was fairly original, had multi-dimensions and was well written. And like some other's have said I would have run like hell. Shows fiancé that he never really knew her and wouldn't have any idea what to expect and when she would unleash her next caveat. Cut your loses while you can. Of course neither my wife nor I came from a bunch of "beautiful people" so maybe that is driving my outlook on that. I really wouldn't want to have anything to do, sexually, with my MIL. Or my mother and both for the same reason. I couldn't get over the way I was raised and my own personal feelings about fidelity. Can't expect it from my wife if I'm not going to be bound by my wedding vows, which I believe start at the engagement. And nothing was said but wouldn't his infidelity just give his wife a hall pass for life?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Loving wives is about creating tension in an extramarital relationship. Mostly the scenarios are variations of a few basic themes. This stands out as something different. I know it isn't for everyone, but it was a refreshing approach. ****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very original, but silly and stupid.

So his future wife sand-bagged him about fucking her mother. What you neglected was any discussion about what philosophy drove this family tradition, and why his fiance' did not mention this at the time he proposed. You know, kind of like, admitting that you can't or won't have children, that you are a recovered drug addict or alcoholic, that your family has a history of Down's Syndrome, things like that. He is marrying a deceptive manipulative woman with more loyalty to her family than to her husband. I guess if he can't do better than her then he should just suck up the possibility that his wife will be fucking his possible future son-in-law.

I think he should have fucked her mother, then bailed on his fiance' at the altar, explaining to the assembled congregation exactly why he was withdrawing from the marriage. It might prompt his ex-fiance' to tell her next potential husband early on about what he is expected to do with her mother.

Thanks for the effort at originality, but it comes off as just lame and ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
At first I thought he should run as fast ast possiblel

Clearly this was one seriously fucked up family. The I realized he was just as crazy as they were so, what the hell.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
Liked this one!

Starting off with a "bang!" One could do worse. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
bimodal distribution and a counter-ultimatum

Interesting how all the commenters' scores were either 1 or 5.

I'd suggest a slightly different twist:

When he calls his fiance before the wedding, he tells here he still finds the idea immoral and perverted, but wants to marry her, so he will go through with it. He tells her that immediately after the wedding he is getting a vasectomy, to put an end to the tradition. Now she has to decide whether she will accept him as her husband. Of course, she would have to just give him manual or oral satisfaction until his sperm count is zero. Finally, at around 40 his MIL is probably a bit fertile and could have a geriatric pregnancy!

Just a thought! My tab wouldn't let me log in. RKreader.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
SOME TRADITIONS ARE BETTER OFF

in not going forward, TK U MLJ LV NV

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 8 years ago
There are other possibilities

Don't we need to consider the possibility they might have (say) five daughters? I think this deal was dreamt up by the women, who seem to be better at calculating the odds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1 star

Eloping would insult her family yet she had no regard for his family or their morals.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Stupid scenario

Ridiculous.

RKreaderRKreaderalmost 8 years ago
another alernate ending

The morning after Henry's evening with Millie he visits their home. Millie, Joe and Mary are gathered.

Henry says, I guess you've heard how it went. Millie tried for an hour, but I couldn't get it up.I I just looked at her deflated bobs and her skinny stomach hanging over her pubes ... no offense meant, Millie... and thought "this is what Mary will look like in 20 years?"

"I talked to my father this morning. Mary, you didn't tell me the part of your tradition where you seduced him. My mom found out and is divorcing him. Tell me again how this strengthens families?" I'm not going to be a part of your family, Mary. Goodbye!"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
3*s

A good idea. A mediocre story. Has the possibility of so much more drama.

I'm hoping someone else can run with this.

BigGuy33, okay dialogue. Plot constraints limit action. Unfortunately, lack of friends or close family with a different opinion emptied the story of emotional conflict. Maybe you did that BigGuy33 to reduce the length of the story. I mean his family might have had a tradition of his own. Or maybe he physically couldn't perform.

So many opportunities for a very dramatic story 🎭, missed!

Gave you 3*s. Really enjoyed your other posts and this was a fair one too!

Hope you keep writing. Thanks for the story.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Critizisms of the story... Not the people in it...

Okay, I agree with some who feel that the story leaves a lot of potential drama on the table. Honestly, I doubt most men would agree. Or if they did, the tradition would leave most brides at the alter. I mean, I love my mother-in-law but I have to say that I looked at her and seriously reconsidered marring my wife. I thought about it carefully and made several requirements prior to our marriage. She had to maintain herself. Regular exercise at my direction, cardio, weight training, yoga and recently belly dancing were required to maintain the marriage - I also put myself on a strict exercise and diet program to reciprocate in kind. I also insisted that we wait on our vows until she had completed not only her BS but also PhD degrees and had an established career. I also insisted she maintain her family name. I wanted a strong independent woman as my partner, not a fat unaccomplished house keeper like her mother. Now that led to some conflicts, but both my logic and love won the day. Now this story shows no real conflict, no reasons for the "tradition" (maybe it started in Salem, MA long ago) not logical consequences, and no twist at the end. What about other husbands who just left? What about a husband hit by a car, does the next husband have to bang the old lady? What is this about straying only once? Seems like screwing old ladies is a constant.

I think the idea is interesting but it could have had a good twist, perhaps something sick and twisted. What if his family tradition was to brand or otherwise mark their lovers? What if he as seriously into discipline? I mean would it not be interesting if at the last minute, just prior to the wedding when mom was in the bed lover boy turns out to be a sadist. "My family has it's own little traditions mom. To bad it will be you instead of Mary but this little video should keep you quiet until after the wedding. We would not want all this sorted tradition getting out on the web would we now? Don't worry mom, these piercings and "Cum Slut" tattoo will only hurt for a little while and wont Dad be surprised. My family tradition is a new one, you get to be the first...."

In the end I thought it was a good start of a story but felt a little flat. No emotional investment, no discussion with his family, no real feeling that he would not do it in the end, he telegraphs it from the beginning that he will do it. so where is the drama.

javmor79javmor79almost 8 years ago
I would've sprinted so fast The Flash would be jealous

Interesting story. I won't mimick what everyone else has said, because I agree with them. Very original storyline. Crazy family. Yadda yadda yadda.

I don't deal well with blackmail, emotional or otherwise. Make no mistake, he was blackmailed. You don't tell someone a week before your wedding that there is a contingency placed on getting married. That's something you discuss BEFORE you pay for everything. Weddings aren't cheap. How he could trust her after that is unfathomable.

Still, I rate stories on the writing and entertainment value, and not the morality of the characters. Nice job

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 8 years ago
The scenario is completely absurb -- BUT

I prize originality above all else, and it sure was original. Also, it was very well written. If I were to write it (I didn't have this clever idea, so I didn't), after Henry fucked Millie he would have called the wedding off -- but that's just my sick take on things.

Definitely worth 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Ok barely

A different take on cucks.

Still a cuck story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Not just no

but HELL NO. What if they had a gay child? Is he supposed to have sex with another man even though he's Het? Or does a gay daughter's future spouse have to fuck her dad, or her mom?

This is fucked up beyond fucked up; so fucked up I expected that dad was going to be fucking his daughter before she got married rather than grandma slut.

I realize this is fantasy but FUCK NO.

Did I say FUCK NO enough yet? FUCK NO. JUST FUCK NO.

I may feel a bit strongly about it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Pretty sure I've seen this before

In a story where the young men 'plant trees' for a week and the husbands have to tolerate it. Only they don't find out about it until they're been married for some time.

That one was even more fucked up.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Not just no"

Excellent!

I thought I had a good point with a son bringing home a virgin bride, but yours is better! While Mom MIGHT not mind a little girly action if her daughter brought home her lesbian lover, you can bet that the "tradition" would die a quick death as soon as sonny boy introduces his gay lover to Dear Old Dad!

And I'd STILL like to know what the bride is doing during the week with the family! Maybe a little "bonding" herself?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Addendum

Because they SURELY wouldn't force a gay spouse-to-be to have hetero sex, would they?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Other Thoughts

One point that I don't THINK has been made - Many guys, once they get by the "ick" factor, unless M-I-L to be is a pig, will say, "Why not?" to a free pass. I BELIEVE that women are more selective, that besides being less likely to get past the "ick" factor, would need Dear Old Dad to be a hunk!

Some that I think may have been made: You don't HAVE to keep the values you were raised with, you can choose, so why is it HE who has to change?

Why the blind side a week before the wedding? Why not at proposal time at the latest?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Meh. It was a silly and, I think, pointless excercize. What's the point of this...

...tradition? Most traditions have a point...or had one when they were established and that was understood and lasted as long as participants/owners of the tradition remembered and shared those rememberances. Most "blind" traditions are just ones carried on, but whose reason and purpose have been lost in time or forgotten across the generations. Some traditions die out in one generation, others last millennia. Why is that? Well, n my mind, some are worthwhile, some are total crap, most somewhere between....almost all are specific to extended families, communities or cultures. All have a foundation in some event, belief, compelling circumstance, or desire to uniquely commemorate something....

That said, I couldn't find a reason within the story, or by extrapolation that I could hang my jock strap on.

I meet a girl, get to know her over several months, we become an item, eventually move in together, romp a lot, fall deeply in love and decide to marry. Then a week before the wedding, she sits me down and nervously explains that there is a long-standing tradition in her family that I must follow to be allowed to go through with the marriage. She then tells me she's going home to her folks for the remaining week while I think it through and decide if I can hack it. If so, wedded bliss in the most ideal of marriages, if not, I will never hear from her or speak with her again.

Talk about dropping bombs! She might as well reveal that she's a highly paid hooker and a porn star and spending the week before the wedding with a wealthy potentate at a remote resort, or at her final shoot, where she'll be fucking 20-30 well hung cocks of all persuasions, as well as 11-12 pussies of all shapes, sizes and persuasions. Then, of course, she'll settle into 'happily ever after' with little old, normal me.

Hm.

Nope,that dog won't hunt.

You see, every story asks readers to some degree to suspend skepticism to a degree that allows the storyteller to get through their story and fulfill their attempt to engage readers in their fantasy. Most stories are all or part,fantasy. So all stories that eventually succeed must contain some device, some vehicle, some means offered which allows the audience to suspect skepticism to the degree necessary to fully engage in the story.

While this had some very erotic ideas promoted, you didn't offer much to make it possible for us to buy-in to the fantasy. Nothing but "it's a tradition in my family" was given. Sorry, it lacks the strength to open that door.

Perhaps that is why several commenters offered similar critiques along this line. They could fully (or even partially, in some cases), invest in the story, because it lacked that necessity.

Beyond that, the characterization was pretty good. The technicals were well above par for this forum, and the general presentation was good.

Kudos that this biggest snap at your heels is about belief or buy-in.

Most of the other criticisms are probably connected, but masked with varying degrees of indignation or affront over the mother-in-law/sone-in-law to-be assignation just prior to the wedding....and perhaps that it was such a frank and honestly banal, even crudely presented thing. It seems to me that if it was a revered tradition, family members would be more reverent about it and would start "training" prospects to the idea mush, much sooner.

Also, another skeptic's issue....in generation after generation, no makes are born to the family? Without some extremely sophisticated intervention, that's just not happening. Our hero should have asked the question, more than just something tha crossed his mind and then passed along. While it's true, he had a lot on his mind, this would/should have been very significant to the central themes of the story and deserved to be addressed.

So, thank you for this offering. It would need considerable rework and additional storytelling to rise in my ranking, but not for the usual, just plain stupid,writing problems. You've done far better than that.

Sort of a backhanded compliment, but there you go.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Anonymous RE: "It was a silly...."

We could argue the "reasons" till the cows come home (I believe the reason given in the story was some sort of "family bonding"), and although all the examples cited were daughters, I believe they DO have sons, as mention was made of "the opposite sex parent", and her father spoke of hoping for a son and imagining what beauty his son might bring home.

I think the biggest problem most of us have (beyond the obvious "ick" factor!), is the timing of the announcement, just a week before the wedding!

Not to talk seriously about such a far-fetched situation, but I can think of only two responses: One, that I don't need a week. She can either forget this family "tradition". or she can give me back the ring right now and have a nice life. Or, two, if I was feeling vindictive, and Mom was hot enough, I'd fuck her, then announce to the congregation that the wedding was off, and why!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I enjoyed your short story.

Well written! blackmailed hmm yes. I think why write a novel to illustrate this thought when your two pages were sufficient. You brought the reader through that odd family's ways quicker with the week ultimatum. I didn't get so hung up on that fact. I think it affected them because they enjoyed your writing so much they subconsciously wanted more! I look forward to more.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Another Thought

"The girls in the family are brought up from an early age knowing what's going to happen" -The "girls"? What about the boys? I believe from a couple of things that were said it goes both ways, was this just a slip because she happened to talking about her and Mary?

And that brings up another thought - maybe it's because I'm a guy, but as hard as find it to believe that ANYONE goes along with this, the idea that the sons would go along with their brides fucking their fathers is even harder to believe! And as I've said elsewhere, what if the son is marrying a girl who wants to come to her marriage bed a virgin?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Actually, Henry just wanted to fuck Millie

He'd lusted after her for a long time, but had always assumed there was no way he'd ever get in her married knickers. But then he heard rumors about the Family Tradition. He did some investigating and confirmed it. So he wooed and won Mary, who was sexy but a bit dim.

After his memorable night with Mille, Henry called off the wedding.

IrrumatioIrrumatioalmost 8 years ago
The bad news for Henry

Was that they had quadruplets, all girls.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Still More Thoughts

Once again, I'm reluctant to talk seriously about such a ridiculous concept, but compare it to this scenario:

A Catholic girl is dating a Jewish guy. As the start to get serious, he asks her if she's sure her family has no problem with her dating a Jewish guy. She assures him that it is no problem.

He brings it up again when he proposes, she again says that it's fine, but her family WILL want them to get married in the Church, and he says fine.

A week before the wedding she tells him, he'll have to convert. And, yes, I know (or at least I believe) that conversion takes more than a week, give me a little literary license here! Unless the guy just doesn't care (and his repeated bringing it up shows that he DOES care!), he's going to call it off right then and there!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great!!!

I was hoping for a continuation of the story. LOVED it.!!!

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonalmost 8 years ago
Simple solution:

Henry asks Mary where she thinks he'll be while she's out (and in) with Cassie's fine young man. He then asks if she's noticed the fine young man's insanely hot stepmom. Mary puts two and two together. The family tradition ends then and there.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@GeorgeAnderson

Yes, but that doesn't help Henry's situation NOW!

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonalmost 8 years ago
@sbrooks103x

Gosh, this story really got you going, didn't it? :)

It helps now because narrator's "now" is the time of the epilogue; everything else is written in past tense. Besides, Henry has leverage now, which he didn't have before. I think he should use it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@GeorgeAnderson

I'm not sure that Id agree that this story "go me going", I think I made it a point of how I was reluctant to post rational comments about such a ridiculous situation.

I do realize that the story took place 23 years ago, I guess I was hoping for it to end with him either wresting Mary away from this loony bin of a family or finding a way to end this tradition NOW (then?). I believe that others have posted some interesting scenarios!

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 8 years ago
famous quote

stupid is as sutpid does. TK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
no way

he should disrespect his soon to be mother in law and only do her in the butt.

make her scream.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
How about this

He fucks his to be mother in law rigid. Then on the day of his wedding when asked if he takes this woman he says, No fucking way, I don't I want to be married to some cunt that I know will cheat on me in the future.

There is a large gasp as he walks out of the hall never to be seen again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

on the positive note, at least it is not incest

That being said, his initial instinct after talking to the father was absolutely right.

Run! Run hard! Run fast! Run far.

That family is fucking nuts! Literally and figuratively.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
family tradition

there wasn't any sex

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
over simplified

do all generations of "the family" have only one child?

what would happen if poor old dad was the father of 3-4 daughters? how would the wives feel if there were 3-4 sons? or better yet, how f---ed up would the family Holiday dinners be if dear old mom and dad had 3 sons and 3 daughters? want to really mess things up? twins, one each boys and girls, and a 3rd of one boy and one girl.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Oversimplified Brought Out My Point

Since daughters are prevalent in Henry's family, let's suppose he and Mary have 4 daughters. I married one of four daughters. I would be that father you hear about who chases off his daughters' suitors with a shotgun, if necessary. I would even take the boys aside and point out the graves I dug for that very purpose.

But, I am not as strong as Henry is. I would walk away from Mary, because she is forcing me to cheat on her. That is the same as being talked into robbing a bank or murdering someone. I can easily walk away from Mary.

Or when the preacher asks me to repeat the vows, I would turn to the crowd of friends and family and say, "No!" And then tell everyone why I cannot be a part of such a marriage and bring their dirty little secret out into the open, so the entire community and church would know about their deep rooted family tradition.

And what would it do to this long-running family tradition if Henry got Mary's mom, Millie, pregnant?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
My question

What I would have asked my fiance what is the family tradition for the bride before the wedding ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sons

An important issue of sons was mentioned but never covered.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Gay???

I think it has been brought up before, but what if they have a child who is gay? Will parentthe fr have to have gay sex? Will the gay fiance be forced to have straight sex?

ohyessssssohyessssssover 7 years ago
your story

In my mind, a totally ridiculous premise. And, I too would have asked what the bride would be doing.

mordbrandmordbrandover 7 years ago
Family traditions

Are created when you marry, not forced upon you by the previous generation. You are forming a special union and it isn't a threesome. Sadly, if my fiance gave me such an ultimatum, we would be through.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 7 years ago
Ugh

Baloney, hogwash, ridiculous!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

PDeanMurphyPDeanMurphyover 7 years ago
My opinion

Everyone has an opinion. For all of you that did not care for this, you gave your opinion. I actually liked it and the thought that went into writing it. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
well now

Clever and well written. Though I would not have married her unless I knew I was sterile or had a vasectomy. If I was ever confronted about the lack of children I would inform everyone about my family tradition that I had started.

Mary should have informed him of the tradition the second they started to get serious. Given all children were daughters and seems only child I believe wives aborted male offspring. Imagine having six daughters would be quite the orgy come those weddings.

The rule was also if a son was born the guy would have to screw his son's fiance...doubt that would go over.

I will give you high marks for originality. However I am repulsed by the family tradition and the husbands agreeing to the wives wanting a young cock to look forward to the moment the daughter was born. I am certain the oh so dedicated wifes could not wait for daughters to grow up and get married...wonder how much influence on daughters' choices mothers would have. I mean you wait 18 pus years for hot guiltfree sex with much younger man. So when daughter gets engaged to arrogant big mouth asshole who brags about conquests or if fiance was physically hideous...

Mothers would be ones to pick male daughter was marrying not daughter

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
consider this

If they have son it is husband's duty according to tradition to screw his son's fiancee before wedding. Imagine that conversation that the mother-wife would have with future daughter-in-law especially if that girl was a virgin and came from devout religious family. Mary would be trying to convince girl to give up cherry, before marriage, to someone other than future husband. The son would also have to agree or NO WEDDING

Considering how moral Mary's family claims to be being willing to coerce-yes coerce as there is threst of no marriage-a devout young woman who has kept herself chaste for her wedding night to just abandon who lifelong beliefs and morals just to continue an amoral family tradion of someone else's family.

Would devote-sarcastic inflection-Mary do that to such a fine young woman-would she do that to her son. How could Henry feel about taking that ultimate gift and privilege from his son.

Also consider what if Henry had been virgin and had saved himself for Mary

You write well and have original ideas but not sure all the consequences or variations were considered

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
After banging the shit out of mother in law

Assuming of course that she wasn't a complete dog. A very quick and quiet vasectomy would be required!

How's that for a subtle twist in tradition.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Alright you asked for it!

Had to finish reading it to enjoy the marking and comments. The four stars were for the bewildered remarks as much as for the resolution of the conundrum.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Originality of concept: 5*. English grammar and composition: 3*. Acceptability and plausability of concept: Negative 20*.

ISN'T THERE A SINGLE AUTHOR WHO UNDERSTANDS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING "WHO" AND "THAT"?????

Sorry, Big Guy, but I'm out the door, with my engagement ring back.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
@anonymous "Originality."

Well, yes, as a matter of fact. "Who," may always be used with reference to persons. "That," is used with objects and may be used with classes of people. No need to shout.

xtchrxtchrover 7 years ago
Run!

This guy should run - not walk - away from this girl and her crazy family of cheaters. It was an interesting and creative story. I thought the guy was going to screw the mother and then run for the hills. But he showed his true colors by accepting this terrible tradition and submitting to the girl's blackmail - what is she going to want next time. Does he get to have sex with any son's future wives???

What if this family has more 'traditions' about female cheating that he doesn't know about yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fuck this story has to be fucked up

There is not a God dam right minded man on this good fucking earth who will subject to being cuckold by his wife's incest tradition for a good marriage guess I'm fucking wrong

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5 for a different story line.

I enjoy reading here in a few different venues. I like the various topics though not all. I especially like the creativity that authors come up with regardless of the subject matter. My thanks to you BigGuy for your talent. I hope you enjoy writing as much as I enjoy reading.

I could see myself going along with this scenario.

Just so you know I'm not totally anonymous, I'll sign off as Jack Woody.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...