Far Pangaea 85 : Time Bomb

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gunfire erupted from above forcing the Leader of the armed escort to call on a wrist communicator, "Status report."

"Under fire Chief. Woman with a sword just cut down six of us. Sir? General Obadiah Ridge is..." A gunshot heard ends the transmission.

"General Obadiah Ridge is right here." Obadiah resumes the dead soldier's call, "Stand down or I take all of you bastards out."

"Well hello there General. So this is where you ended up after disappearing in the crapper." The Leader lifts his visor to show his face. No longer concerned by being seen. "Ben?" He hears a feminine voice that stuns him. Squinting the Leader coughs.

"Renee?" He grimaces knowing the outcome of all of this, "How did you end up here with these freaks?"

"Freaks? Ben? You work for REGION?"

"Looks that way. Sorry to break it too you Sweetheart. I miss you by the way. It's been over a year since I lost you in Paris. Why don't you come down and join us? We can finish up here and grab some Sushi." Gunfire answers his question forcing him to sigh. He knew he would have to kill his Girlfriend. No great loss. She was a basket case after losing her kid anyway.

Now shackled Father Pryce peers around him to observe everyone. Milo beside him as the Soldiers decided to pilfer through what he had in his possession. Finding the Diary a Soldier lifts it high, "Sir! I found something. The book belonged to Lucas Dorsey."

"Bag it for safe keeping. Guard that with your life." Ben-Zion suddenly feels a chill through his armored suit. Looking about he finds frost forming on glass cases with ancient antiquities held within. Milo quickly wraps the jar of eyes to keep it warm, "What's going on here Grey?"

"Frosty mug of A&W. You see soon enough."

Ben-Zion calls out over the Soldiers inhabiting this floor. Few answers were returned. This made Ben-Zion kneel down and place the barrel of his gun against Mother Pryce's temple. Father Pryce struggling to defend her is held firm by a fellow Soldier.

"Be more specific Ant." Ben-Zion snarls, his breath seen shaking him slightly.

"Why don't you ask the source." He hears a female voice. Ben standing quickly looks behind him to see ten of his Soldiers stumbling in with blue skin. Frostbitten to the core they collapse before him. Upon contact with the floor their skin shatters leaving fragile bone.

"What the fuck?" He steps back spotting Serena Dorsey, "The Princess. Yes, we know all about you. Kill any more of my men and you will never learn how far back we knew. That and I start bleeding out the Blue Bloods behind me. I don't think you want your reunion cut short so fast, do you?"

"Ser'Ena?" Mother Pryce revives to see her Granddaughter chalk white like SeVen. Before any further words can be spoken Ben-Zion points his gun at the former Queen of Ganthor. Raising his other wrist to his lips he calls out on his communicator, "Send the other batallion in. We end this here and now."

"I couldn't agree more." Crashing through a vent Renee Ramse fired her Glocks. Headshot after shot took down the remaining Soldiers in his floors unit. Ben-Zion looked around him grinning.

"Still the badass. Sexy as ever Renee."

"Charmer." One gunshot later and her Boyfriend was her Ex. Ben-Zion bled out from a third eye on his forehead. Falling to his knees he collapsed in a lump before the feet of the Royal's.

Over a communicator they hear Obadiah crackle the warning, "More troops coming in. Let's head South." His own gunshots rapid, "Christ. There's hundreds of these bastards."

"All go to Hangar." Milo crawls to his feet as Renee uses a key which unrestrained them. Helping Mother Pryce to her feet Renee pauses, "Sorry about your pup."

They would mature a new generation of Xander once the time was right. For now the Royal's stand proud of Serena. Father J'Qwar motions to hug his Granddaughter. however She holds back, "Might want to save that embrace Grampa. My body is readjusting still." Before their eyes Serena Dorsey resumes her color. Returning to her human form.

"How? What is this we witness?" J'Qwar grows curious.

"Got me. I touched SeVen and took on his body chemistry. Sorry if you all heard me. I know I get kind of loud during sex."

"It must be the ring." Mother points out.

"I'm pretty sure that's correct. It glowed just before I touched my Man."

"Where is Frosty?" Renee looks about.

"He went to help Buku get Baby James to safety. I came here because of my family. Trust me I had to order him to go or he would be here now. Smothering me."

"No more chatter. We gotta go Flo." Milo sprints toward the elevator. Joined by the others they head down. Praying the express elevator they were in would not encounter more troops. Sure enough an explosion leads to a jarring halt. Suspended between floors they could only wait.

"Dammit!" Renee hits the side of the elevator. Milo nudges her from the side forcing her to glare down at him, "What? I get claustrophobic."

"Cavalry come. You forget Milo and Psi Chii telepathic?"

"Right. I hope Buku got James to safety."

"He safe. Best place possible."

"Meaning?" Then it dawns on her, "Oh come on. They're with the dragon again?"

"Cano not so easy to kill. You think of better guard dog?" Milo lowers his voice, "Forgive Milo. Xander in better place." A pair of Royal hands share in a silent prayer. Their God the same as ours only with a different name. And appearance.

Far below in the Dragon's lair Buku holds Baby James closely. Hearing the battle above disturbed the Dragon forcing it to snarl loudly. Nauseating fumes exhale through his mighty lungs. Buku could withstand it but his fear was for James. In Buku's embrace Baby James sobs, "Xander gone." He then points at Cano, "Puff Puff new Xander?"

"Sure Kid. Sure." What else could the Sumo say to a child with such a growing intellect? The kid knew of the dogs demise somehow. Their connection obvious. For now he shielded the infant in his tropical shirt. He would not be able to stay here for long.

Elsewhere, the Pleidian SeVen stealthily avoids the Soldiers. Having told Serena Dorsey he would look after Baby James he had made his way into the deep tunnels they had came there through. Knowing Soldiers were prowling about he came prepared.

Concealed in his new body suit that had reformed once Serena had strayed away from him he was as confused by its reappearance as she was. Her own clothing returning before taking her leave. There was certainly a mystical aspect to her Mother's ring to have changed her back and forth as it had. With his body now back to its dangerous form he tried not to think about how others might know where he was merely by the lowered temperature in his vicinity. The fully functioning suit helped. But it was also a moving target.

Hearing Soldiers up ahead and seeing lights flickering he knew his directions were limited. By the sounds of it they had discovered the Dream dimension rooms. The same rooms where Obadiah had viewed Earth billions of years ago so vividly. Where SeVen himself envisioned being exiled by the ruling council of his people. Knowing that the vision was not one hundred percent accurate due to his attire he presumed a paradox had entered the scene. Within the seclusion of Lost Horizon memories remained. The question was, would they once they left the dimension? He would learn his answer before the day played out.

Prepared he had activated his own Pleidian ship in the lowest Hangers, putting it on autopilot. Sending it outside after carefully calculating the dimensional breach. Weapons armed it was enough interference to create havoc for REGION. In doing so the ship would also attract the Pleidians who by now were trying to locate SeVen. Moving target indeed. The ship cut down dozens of REGION soldiers before a well aimed missile launcher destroyed it. He would miss his new car smell. At least his drone of a black crow escaped to monitor the outside forces. Eyes in the sky. A mental link with his drone allowed him to survey their movements. For now he concerned himself with those nearest him. Having never generated this newfound power he exhibited due to dying and rebirth. Outside of minor displays toward caged rats. SeVen willed his specialized life fiber suit to retreat exposing his upper body. Ice quickly formed all around him. The stone interior becoming white with the sounds of creeping and creaking ice formations.

Moving onward toward the troops he hears their concerns of the temperature change. Coming face to face with them fear crept across their features. Frozen in time. Literally. Moving away from his sculptures he avoided shattering them. Sympathetic to their service not comprehending the full picture that REGION had informed them of. Soldiers rarely were privy to full disclosure. Even their now deceased Field Leader Ben-Zion knew slightly more than he let on. His rank in REGION the only reason he knew anything at all.

His shirt returning to isolate his core SeVen found his way to the Dragon's Lair. Calling out to Buku the access door for humans opened. Peering out for safety the Sumo sized SeVen up, "Cool outfit."

"Cool indeed. I will hold them back. You must get the Reflection to Milo's Maltese Cuckoo. Only there will he be truly safe."

"On it Bro."

"Buku?" SeVen appeals to his friend before letting them go, "Should I not make it. Look after My Princess."

"Dude! Don't say that. Fuck these REGION punks lets go together."

"I cannot risk harming the Reflection nor Serena. Any of you for that matter. Should my suit malfunction I might kill all of you without wishing it. My control over this curse has not yet been fully examined. I do not have the Time nor luxury to do so. Go."

"No leave Puff Puff." Baby James whimpers beneath Buku's shirt.

"I will find a way to rescue...Puff Puff." SeVen smiles at the child. The fear in his eyes foreboding. With a nod Buku headed lower into the labyrinth. Luckily he knew the layout like the back of his hand. Memory like an elephant.

Approaching Soldiers found the elevator shaft seized up. As a New Leader claimed Ben-Zion's spot he ordered the elevator to be purged lower to arrest the inhabitants. While welders went to work the Leader observed the glare through safety goggles. Behind him his fellow Soldiers flanked out to secure the perimeter. Unbeknownst to the Leader his troops found themselves cut down one by one. A shadow on the walls offering a pleasant but highly deadly silhouette. Using her telepathic talent Psi Chii masks her advance from the troops eyes. They were oblivious right up until they died. Soultaker claiming those that it deemed evil. Others offered a passionate demise. Psi Chii in a bloody trail walked right up behind the Leader and his two welders. The only ones left alive. She merely stood there watching as the welders finished their job. Once the elevator lowered and opened up she tapped the Leader on the shoulder. Turning he found Soultaker running through his armor like butter. With a wink Psi Chii helped him to the floor.

The welders stood up and felt a nagging notion to turn their arcs on each other. Uniforms catching fire they died screaming. Psi Chii whispering, "You're fired." With a smirk she adds, "I always wanted to say that."

The group realizing their situation join Psi Chii in the hallway. Milo hobbles away forcing them to follow. He knew the door to the lower labyrinth was clear. Having heard SeVen offer his services mentally. Buku had already made it to the Cuckoo's Nest with Baby James. Reaching the first level they meet up with Obadiah. Seeing him brought on an emotional Milo Greyson.

"Good see you Obie. Anyone ever tell you look like Young Sean Connery?"

"I've heard. Let's get out of here while we can. After you Moneypenny." Obadiah grunts winking at Renee. His stance very much 007. She took the lead but was hard silent. She had reservations.

"How could you not tell me my Baby could teleport?" She leers at Milo.

"Who knew? Every Reflection different. Some normal. Some talented. He learn his early. Accident likely."

She groaned loudly, "If that Dragon..."

"No worry about Cano. Buku got James to Cuckoo."

"What exactly is a Cuckoo?"

"Don't ask." Obadiah channels with a hiss, "It's...time consuming."

Milo cackles suddenly, "You go Jimmy Bond."

"Whatever."

Psi Chii interrupts them with a sudden stimulation to their brains to halt and be quiet. Milo also senses more troops forming in the lower bowels between they and SeVen. Serena especially stressed by not knowing if her lover was safe. Bringing him back to life a second time might prove messy. She truly had no idea what might happen if it came to that.

"From here on we go in stealth mode. Thoughts only. I'm linking all of us. Even SeVen and Buku." Psi Chii collectively informs, each of the others nodding at her decision. Obadiah and Renee take point being the Militants they were born to be. Step by step they scurry into the darkness. Voices distant but closing in. Yet another Field Leader takes command. Troops spread out to seal off the corridors near Cano's Lair. SeVen dispatching some with easy access. His temperature a dead giveaway though led to gunshots fired. Hearing this Serena calls out in their shared telepathic connection, "Be careful Lover. I won't lose you again."

SeVen smiles until he witnesses something expected. His Crow Drone informing him of the arrival of a Pleidian ship. Hovering over the entry of the breached Lost Horizon portal. He stopped cold in his pace and lowered his gaze.

"SeVen? I know what you're thinking. Don't you dare go outside." Serena panics. Mother Pryce holding her from the side watching her fret.

"I must. If I do not the ship will fire on not only REGION but ourselves. With the dimension interrupted we are as you humans say...shitting ducks."

"That's sitting ducks Icicle." Obadiah prods trying to dissuade the Pleidian. It hardly helped.

"I got this." Milo channels his own telepathy outward into an isolated message to the Pleidian ship, "Tune in Tokyo. This Milo Greyson. We under attack by REGION hostiles. Your Man SeVen here protecting Princess. My request. He honorable. You back off until this over. Then, we talk."

The timid voice of the Pleidian Commander aboard their invisible transport returns his thoughts, "SeVen has acted out of his own accord. He must suffer the penalty of not consulting the Council. Relinquish him Milo Greyson or we will be forced to recall our peace pact. You have always been a noble ally. Do not alter that course."

Milo sighs, "Forgive Milo. You go bye bye." The Grey hands Obadiah the jar with the eyeballs floating within it. He heard the General grunt, "You brought the eyeballs. Good...alien." Milo grins at Obadiah then removes a handheld device from a pouch at his side that he pecks away at. Once done the Grey chuckles, "Pleidian vacation. Tahiti nice this time of century." He had overridden their controls and sent their ship away.

Below them SeVen pauses, "What have you done Milo? War will be imminent."

"So. We not be here to wage. Go to Cuckoo. Meet there."

Hesitantly the Pleidian closes his eyes, "For Serena." Hearing him Serena Dorsey smiled with a whispered, "I love you." He felt the same however troubled his soul was. He had always honored his vows to his race. These last few weeks with Lost Horizon had betrayed those vows. It would consume him. Containing his thoughts from Serena he changes his tone to compensate her emotions. For now.

As Milo led his group to the Dragon's Lair he stopped them before the massive doors. Hearing replenishing REGION forces invading in the chamber next to them he forewarns everyone to stand ready for battle. Psi Chii took point vanishing into the shadows. Her kills mounting up yet Soldiers still infiltrate their vicinity. Both Obadiah and Renee return fire as Soldiers filter into sight. They were being overrun.

"There's too many." Renee snaps, "My Glocks are out of ammo."

"Mine too." Obadiah concurs rushing toward the Royal's to block them from being shot down. They found his noble deed respectable. A good man this Obadiah Ridge. So unlike his Ancestors.

Surrounded suddenly the newest Field Leader halts his men from further destruction, "Hands in the air. Nobody else needs to die today."

Renee looks over her brow blowing blond hair from her eyes, "Oh, I don't know about that." From behind her back she draws forth the pistol found in the Dragon's Lair. Milo instantly bulging his eyes at the weapon. How he missed her keeping it was beyond him. "Careful Missy Ramse. Weapon sensitive."

The troops maintained their aim as the Field Leader smirked, "That's a pretty small firearm. Are you really wanting to risk missing any one of us?"

"I don't miss."

Milo raises his arms using them to motion his allies to go to their knees, "Hug ground. Low as Limbo." The group did just that. Renee however held her stance. Milo signaling Renee in thought. While Psi Chii from the shadows dampened the troops minds in a fog forcing them to linger in step. Once ready Milo encourages Renee to shoot, "You pull trigger high now."

In response Renee fires the gun which did not spew projectiles . Instead it was a very mesmerizing beam of thin energy. Swaying her hand she navigates her kill shots from one forehead to the next in a blur of speed. Renee was indeed a badass. At firing she realized the beam was not killing anyone. Upon being shot their size diminished. "Cripes Grey. You really do have a shrink ray." Obadiah hisses.

"Come in small packages. Gift wrapped even. Don't call me Santa's Elf."

"Wouldn't think of it Crisp Crinkle." The General growls.

"If not so nice you be naughty." Milo chuckles as Renee dispatches the entire troop. Each soldier now the size of ants. Wincing Renee looks at her gun, "I think I'm in love."

"You keep. Just careful you be." Milo stands followed by the others. He then looks around him with inspiration before suddenly dancing in step, "This call for music." He tweaks his handheld pad to access a song that befitted the situation. Their ears hearing the tune from the 80's band Men Without Hats, the Safety Dance.

"Ah we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind

Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance

Well they're are no friends of mine

I say, we can go where we want to, a place where they will never find

And we can act like we come from out of this world

Leave the real one far behind,

And we can dance."

Obadiah scowls looking at the alien Grey queerly. Suddenly, Renee begins laughing, "Oh hell yeah." Moving about she stomps on Soldiers crushing them as she dances with Milo. The Royal's totally boggled by their joyous retreat. Even Serena giggled before throwing her hands in the air doing her own share of stomping until every Soldier there ceased to exist.

"Seriously? You idiots dance at a time like this?" Obadiah grew grim. Milo instinctively deactivated the song.

"You no fun Obie. Kill be killed. They grow again if we not take them out. You call Milo Crisp Crinkle. Milo call you Scrooge."

Psi Chii rejoins them, "The path is clear. Let's get going."

Before anyone takes a step Milo throws a hand up, "WAIT! No leave Cano."

Hearing this the entire group shares one voice, "WHAT????????"

"You can't be serious Greyson." Obadiah shakes his head with narrowing eyes, "Where do we put a Dragon in that Cuckoo ship you built?"

"Easy peasy. Milo borrow gun Missy Ramse?"

"Uhh! Technically it does belong to you." She swivels it in her hand to poise the butt of the pistol for the Grey to handle it. Stepping around the group Milo takes a deep breath before opening the human sized door to the Dragon's abode.

"Ohhhhhhhhhh Cannnnnnnnnnnnoooooooo?" Milo seals the door behind him. They hear loud roars and a screaming Milo yet not even Obadiah had the nerve to interfere. Their eyes locked from one to the other fearfully. After long minutes the door creaks open. Milo peeks out, "Whew! He one mean Puff Puff."