Finding a Lost Puppy Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes Sir." Sarah replied with a smile. Puppy just nodded.

We had finished our meal and I was drinking a cup of coffee when the soft rap came from the door. The girls were in the kitchen cleaning up. The only person I thought it could be was Patrice. Sure enough it was Patrice at the door happily smiling at me.

"Come in. Coffee, wine, me?" I said welcoming her jokingly. She was in jeans, heels and a somewhat showy blouse. Just enough to show her attributes well.

"Coffee Please." Patrice said with beaming pleasure.

"Coffee for Patrice." I ordered. I heard a clatter of dishes from the kitchen. Puppy came out and sat beside me.

"So Patrice, How did the ball game date go?" I inquired.

"Very well, I got roses today. I am so excited." Patrice bubbled out. Sarah brought out a cup of coffee for Patrice and herself. Sarah seemed a little nervous.

"Patrice, Sarah. Sarah, this is my neighbor Patrice." I said making introductions. Patrice looked at Sarah then me then Puppy with a stunned look.

"Two?" Patrice finally got out. I never saw that one coming, now I know I am out of the picture, damn, Patrice thought.

"Sort of. If you tell me they come in threes, I will turn you over my knee as well." I said jokingly.

"Promises, promises Rick. Glad to meet you Sarah." Patrice said laughing. Play it cool Patrice, he is still interested, am I?

"Likewise I am sure. That might be his truthful warning," Sarah replied with a stern laugh.

"I doubt it." Patrice replied, not knowing what to make of the situation.

"Don't underestimate me anymore." I stated.

"I will take that under advisement." Patrice said thoughtfully. Should I push him?, NO, I have Teddy and it might work out, Patrice thought.

"You and Teddy hitting it off well?" I asked.

"Yes, he is electric to me. A breath of fresh air. I am so happy being with him." Patrice said blushing.

"You and Teddy want to join us for pizza Saturday evening with Rikki, Jen and I? I asked.

"I think that can be arranged. Papi's?" She asked.

"The best pizza in town. If you ask me. Nearby anyway." I said.

"Sarah not joining us?" Patrice asked looking her over.

"No, she has to work." I said.

"Oh yeah, Rikki. That's why I came over. She called the other day pumping me for information. Don't worry I kept the secret safe. I will let her judge you, she will anyway. The hard way probably." Patrice said with a knowing smile.

"Yeah, all that schooling and she hasn't learned anything if you ask me." I said thinking of the changing degrees versus her.

"Do you know what her plans are after next week?" Patrice asked.

"No, I haven't a clue. I never asked and she has never said. I think she wants to surprise me." I said.

"Funny, she has never brought anyone home for you to meet other than her roommate for Thanksgiving and last Christmas." Patrice stated wondering.

"Crisis central that one, think she cried the whole weekend and I never found out why. They are still roommates however. Being self centered and overly driven doesn't make many friends." I said thinking I knew what was up suddenly.

"Well, I need to get going. I need to make plans on how to capture my man tomorrow. Maybe I should rephrase that. How he is going to capture me." Patrice said jokingly.

"Well, if he don't I will." I said.

"That wouldn't be hard to do." She joked back. I had my answer, but how would I fit in?, Patrice wondered.

I got up and showed Patrice out the door and watched her wiggle down the hall to her door, leaving the girls at the table. She unlocked the door, turned and smiled before entering. Could I be mistaken? I may have messed things up and didn't realize.

"Patrice is such a card." Puppy said with a smile once I returned.

"I know. I am not even sure she knows what she wants." I said laughing though I was beginning to wonder.

We set on the couch drinking wine and watching movies on TV the rest of the evening. Puppy leaning on one side and Sarah the other both content and happy.

I was content myself, staring at the TV but not watching. I was pondering several things. I thought of the ex and what happened, that was still bugging me to no end. The ex always made comments that Patrice was trying to steal me away. I always thought she couldn't handle our joking. Normally lighthearted and sexual in nature for a laugh, but it always pissed her off.

I remember the first time Patrice and I met, an accident in the hall, me carrying groceries and her running out the door right into me. The joking started immediately as she helped pick up my fallen food making comments about the cucumber and pepperoni stick. The ex came along not knowing what happened and wasn't all that thrilled about what she saw, even after it was explained. That happened a few weeks after I moved in and a month or so before the ex moved in.

The ex wasn't happy when I invited her over for dinner, coffee or a drink either. The worst was lending a helping hand sometimes with this and that. It wasn't like an everyday thing either, normally an accidental meeting once or twice a month. I am not sure how you would call that meddling in someone's romantic life. It was more often around the holiday season however but back to being rare after New Years. Though Patrice always exuded sexual confidence in what she wore, the ex always thought she was a high priced call girl. More fuel to the jokes.

Though lately I didn't think she was joking either. She was warned twice tonight about me but she just couldn't help one last jab. The walk to her door and the sultry smile was done on purpose not as a joke. Just my wild imagination running amok maybe, seeing things that aren't there, just like my dreams. I have Puppy and I am very content and happy.

The day may have ended early but it was very rewarding and exhausting.