For Friendship or Love?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Becky." A sense of need was in Andy's voice.

"Andy, how did you get in here?"

"I took your spare key from your purse yesterday. I had to see you tonight."

"Why, is something wrong?"

"No." He paused. "I don't know. How was your date?"

"You stole my key and waited until two-thirty in the morning to ask me about my date was?"

"Yes."

"Why couldn't this wait till morning?"

"Just tell me how the date went." His voice became desperate.

"Okay. Calm down. We went to dinner, an art museum, and a karaoke bar. It went well enough that when he asked to see me again, I said yes."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not?"

"Just a feeling, I don't like this guy."

"What? You've never even met!"

"Trust me." His eyes were imploring me never to see Bryan again.

I sat down next to him and put my hand over his. "I do trust you Andy, but you are speaking nonsense right now. Does Melissa know how you feel?"

"No, she doesn't even know I'm here."

"I thought you told her everything?"

"Not this. I can't tell her this."

Andy said more with his body language than his spoken word. It appeared he was carrying an immense burden. I took a moment to consider what his body and words were telling me. I knew Andy long enough to know when he said 'this', he didn't mean the fact he is in my room at two-thirty. "Andy, we've been friends for several years now. I know you well enough to know you are not telling me something. Whatever it is, you can share it with me. I won't judge you. We can get through this together."

"I'm sorry I took your key." He set the key down on my desk, got up, and started to head out.

"Why won't you open up to me?"

He turned his head back to me. "I can't. I'm not sure what it is and I'm afraid of what it may mean."

"Afraid of what?"

"Don't worry about me Becky. I'll figure it out. I'll see you tomorrow."

He left and I went to bed. Why couldn't he open up to Melissa? Why couldn't he open up to me? The vision of Andy so disheartened made sleep impossibility. The next day I didn't see him. I couldn't find him. I called his phone. No answer. I called Melissa's phone. No answer. I went to his dorm and then Melissa's. No sign of either of them. On Sunday, I got a call from Melissa, wondering if I wanted to eat lunch with her and Andy.

When I arrived, Andy seemed better. He didn't mention Friday night, so I didn't either. As we ate lunch, I realized he was putting on a façade. I don't believe Melissa noticed. The clues were subtle. Andy was reactionary to the conversation instead of starting it. He wouldn't laugh as long or hard as he normally would. He really turned quiet when Melissa asked me about Bryan. Something was still bothering him.

The rest of the school year went by quickly. The more I saw of Bryan, the less I saw of Andy and Melissa. We'd meet up about every two weeks to catch up. Andy's attitude stayed the same or worse, depending on whether Bryan came with me. Despite my adding Bryan to my hectic schedule, I still made it to all the baseball games and practices. Coach Edwards even introduced me to the general manager of the Detroit Tigers. I would be hired as a scout the day I graduated. It is definitely not what I was expecting as a career when I came to U of M, but I am extremely enthusiastic about my future.

Graduation day is the last time I saw Andy and Melissa. The last time I spoke to Andy was six weeks later. I called to congratulate him on being selected in the forty-third round of the baseball amateur draft by the Colorado Rockies. It was a short conversation. I began my career and was on the road a great deal. I was doing something I loved. Bryan was still at Clark, Green, and Reed. We were married a year later. Andy didn't respond to the wedding invitation.

Within five years, I proved my worth. I was one of the top scouts in the system. I was now being sent to Portland to scout a pitcher, Hunter Cleary. He is a double A prospect we might be getting in a possible trade with Boston. When the lineups were announced, a familiar name was broadcasted over the speakers, starting at shortstop, Andy Sullivan. A tsunami of memories over took me. What happened between us? He became so distant. I really miss our conversations about nothing. In fact, I miss everything we were, even if it was just friends. What I wouldn't give to have any one day of that back. From the history project that started it, his protecting me, prom, and the summer of fun, to all the baseball games at college, he was my best friend. He was my world. He was my love. He still is.

As the game wore on, Cleary was looking like the real deal. He has a live arm, good command, and good saber metric stats to back it up. Stats don't lie. He is a future top of the rotation pitcher. Andy had three strikeouts and a single that barely dropped over the infield. I never cheered louder than when he got that hit. Too bad Sara wasn't here to tell him to hit a homerun. After the game, I showed my badge and went to interview Cleary. He seemed to have a good head on his shoulders, cementing a positive report from me for him. I looked to my left and saw Andy sitting at his locker, wearing just a towel. He still looks good in a towel.

"Hello Andy."

"Becky! What are you doing here?"

"I'm scouting Cleary. How have you been?"

"I've been good. How are you?"

"I'm good.

"Are you in a hurry?"

"My flight doesn't leave until tomorrow afternoon."

"Could I interest you in dinner?"

"Sure."

"Great. Let me get dressed. I'll meet you in the parking lot in fifteen minutes."

As I waited, I emailed my report on Cleary. When I shut my laptop, I was mauled.

"Becky, I'm so glad to see you!" Andy had me in a bear hug and spun me around. I was laughing like a schoolgirl. "Follow me. There's this great Italian restaurant up the road."

We both ordered the chicken fettuccine, Andy's favorite.

"You cannot fathom how much I've missed you Becky. We had some great times together. We'd spend day after day with each other, just enjoying each other's company. Things seemed so simple, but then college happened. I'm truly sorry I haven't kept in touch."

"Hey, the phone works both ways. I didn't exactly call you either."

"I also apologize for missing your wedding. I shouldn't have missed your wedding. How is Bryan anyway?"

"About eight months ago, I was to scout a high school player on a quick two day trip. When I arrived, the kid informed me there was a zero percent chance of him going pro. He was going to accept a scholarship offer. His parents dream for him. Well, that cut my trip short. When I made it home, Bryan was in bed. He wasn't alone. That's when I met Paul. That's when I knew I was getting a divorce." A smile crept across Andy's face.

"How about you and Melissa, did you two make it down the aisle?"

"Nope, she left me a couple months after graduation."

"What happened?"

"It wasn't her fault. It was mine. She said she was tired of my pretending to be happy with her and she knew I was in love with someone else. Don't you remember that night I met you after your first date with Bryan?"

"Of course I do. I think about it almost every day. I still don't understand what it was all about. Maybe that's why I think about it so often. What does that have to do with the other girl?" I asked quizzically.

A sudden calmness came to his face, as if he knew a tremendous weight will be lifted from his shoulders with his next words. "I couldn't tell you what I was feeling that night because I didn't understand it myself at the time. Melissa was right, even if I didn't know it at the time. After she left me, it all became clear. I was too late. If only if I had said something sooner. You had found somebody else and I couldn't bear to watch the two of you in love. It was you. I love you Becky." This statement triggered my tears. "I'm sorry Becky. Please don't cry. I needed to finally..."

I interrupted. "Andy, you don't understand." I wiped the tears from my face. "I've been waiting ten years for you to say that. You were always the one. I love you Andy."

Andy got up and sat next to me. Our eyes locked. He leaned in and I closed my eyes and pushed forward until our lips met. Electricity was in the air and fireworks exploded. When the food came, we ate quickly. Actually, we each only had a couple of bites. We boxed everything up and headed to Andy's apartment. By the time he opened the door, our combined passion overtook us. Our tongues intertwined as he picked me up and carried me to his bedroom. He laid me down and began undressing me. With every button removed came a sweet peck to my body. My bra became unclasped and my boobs became the object of his affection. He molded my left breast as he began to suck on my right nipple. His mouth moved south followed closely by his hands. With one swoop, my jeans and panties disappeared from my body. He glided his tongue over the entire length of my sex. I almost came right there. He took his time. His tongue darted in and out and all around. When he made it to my clit, he added a small nibble. At the same time, he took two fingers and entered my pussy. A few moments later, my body began convulsing. Bryan never made my body feel like this. Heaven could not have been better. When I came down from my high, Andy got undressed himself and lay next to me. We started kissing, and I reached for his girth. He was rock hard. I pulled away and descended down when he stopped me.

"That's not necessary. I want you. I need you."

He positioned himself on top of me, the head of his cock lightly touching my entrance. Our eyes locked and the yearning of desire between us needed no words. He entered me slowly, my body accepting every inch of his erection. He soon was completely inside, seemingly stretching my womanhood to capacity. He slowly pulled back and pushed forward again. With each thrust, my hips bucked into him. Our love making became rhythmic, as if Mozart himself was the composer. Two bodies as one, we were truly enjoying each other. My breathing heightened. My climax was building to a crescendo. My pussy collapsed around Andy's cock, milking him for all he's worth. My screams echoed in the room as my eyes rolled back into my head. My orgasm, ten years in the making, peaked as Andy's climax filled my womb with his never ending seed. He fell next to me, both of us exhausted. I used to think time went fast when you were at your happiest, but this time, time stood still as he wrapped his arms around me. My dorky grin returned.

"I'll be right back Becky."

"Where are you going?"

"You'll see. I'll be right back."

A wonderful smell permeated the room. Andy then came into the room with our leftovers on a TV tray.

"This isn't going to be a as good as what it would have been at the restaurant." He smiled as he continued. "But that was one hell of a workout. Bon appétit."

Considering we were a little preoccupied at the restaurant, this is the first time I tasted this food.

"This is sublime Andy."

"So were you." Andy responded.

We ate, we talked, and we laughed. The night was magical. No, it was more than that. It was perfect. I never slept more peacefully than I did that night in Andy's embrace.

It was morning. I felt the warmness of the sunshine as it hit my body. I went immediately to a state of euphoria. With my eyes still closed the corners of my mouth reached for the heavens. My dorky grin was back as I reached for Andy, my love. My eyes flew open as my hand came up with only an empty sheet.

"Andy?"

No response. I got up, not worrying to put on clothes and searched the small apartment. He wasn't there. Tears formed in my eyes as I got dressed. How could he do this to me? Tell me he loves me for a one night stand. Asshole.

I made it to my car and opened the door.

"Are you leaving already?" A voice from behind called.

I turned to see Andy. "Do you always leave a girl after sex?"

"After sex? Sometimes. After what we did, yes, but it was the first time I ever experienced that in my life."

"I'm glad I can create a new tradition for you. Goodbye Andy." I turned back around to get into my car.

"Wait!" Andy exclaimed.

"What is it?" I said harshly as I turned back around.

Andy was on one knee as he fumbled for something in his pocket. "Rebecca Woods. Will you marry me?"

He pulled out a case and flipped it open. Inside was the most beautiful diamond ring. What other answer could I possibly give? "Yes!"