All Comments on 'Frank and Iris'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments
EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 12 years ago
Good one.

Well done Bob.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
This was a good one JPB

Gave it 5 stars

KristieBechirKristieBechirover 12 years ago
Stop with the alienation of affection lawsuits.

Bob, I'm one of your biggest fans. I look every day for a new story from you. BUT - you and several Loving Wives writers always throw in these alienation of affection suits. And it's just not realistic. There are only 7 states in the US that still have alienation of affection lawsuits on the book, but they are rarely filed, and almost never win. It doesn't happen. Secondly, this idea that you can sue a company because 2 consenting adults had sex is ridiculous. The morals clauses exist to allow the company to fire people who break them, not to make their spouses millionaires. I'm asking you to please take the lead and stop using these cliched plot devices.

harbormaster1harbormaster1over 12 years ago
story number 701

JPB you are amazing......keep up the good work...keep writing those slice of life tales.

Now about the comments of KristieBechir...she is so right about those A of A lawsuits ...not going to happen.

However, as a spouse of an employee caught in a infidelity situation where one employee is in a supervisory capacity over the other and you want a divorce.....by all means throw shit in the game. Stir up the shit with HR or EEO or the company legal departmment......request a meeting ....start e mailing....you will be surprised how Management will quickly find the performance rating of the two employees involved in the infidelity slipping.

As a former HR VP with a Fortune 500 Company...I sent Sales Managers to $ Siberia when the husband/wife reported he/she had proof or PI reports that the Manager doing his wife/husband on out of town sales meetings. If nothing else if you raise plenty of stink the damage will be done.

Finally by all means badger the wife/husband of the party that you think has injured you. Ask for a meeting to present your case with the spouse throw shit in the game when ever you can...no scandal or libel .....just keep everybody unhappy ....Take one with you

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
Trite RAAC - not upto JPB's usual style

Had none of the usual good writing/plot/characters that JPB has in his stories.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Well put together

Interesting characters and a believable ending. I read somewhere that more than half of one time adultery cases lead to reconciliation and there are a lot of people that live together, then after many years get married and within a couple of years get divorced, and then some of them go back to living together. I admit that this offends some of my fellow readers but it is just as real as violent resolutions.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Five Stars Reluctantly Awarded ( sigh ).

It really goes against my grain that the narrator took the cheating wife back . Yet this was very well written as so many JPB stories are . There was no denying the jealousy I felt in tandem with Frank, when he saw the man's hands on Iris's ass when the couple were dancing .

I" understood " why the narrator would do it although I would probably not . JPB created the necessary empathy, for that understanding to happen ,with his talent -ergo the full marks awarded.

SlirpuffSlirpuffover 12 years ago
Good read

A nice read as always. Welcome back

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Formula

Like quite a few stories, JPB is all about a formula. I have a mental checklist.

BUT...

Coke has a formula too. And it's pretty successful even as it is EXACTLY the same. I will give JPB his due: he is not so much formula as a chef who can make pasta a HELL of a lot of ways. It's always pasta but that doesn't make it delicious when made right.

Frankly, I'm glad that a trace of sunlight is piercing the formula to allow that the alienation of affection crap may be coming to an end in Bob's repetoire.

Now we need to find another way to punish the villains. Time to add some pesto to that sauce, Bob! Get cracking!

RehnquistRehnquistover 12 years ago
Liked It

Not loved it, but definitely liked it, and thought the reconciliation was plausible. At heart, he really was partially at fault if we are to believe sex is so paramount to the successful marriage. Think about it, by the end we realize that he really was pretty boring in bed; much like Royce was with Mel, right?

And so long as we're talking about cliches, just a quick note on the initial confrontation dialogue. Is there anything more cliche than saying, "Of course I still love you, but I don't trust you. You've destroyed the trust. The trust is gone. Trust, trust, trust, trust." Sorry, but that's just never done it for me. Why? Because it's so goddamned obvious it doesn't need to be said. Better, I think, to have just had him respond, "Really? You fuck him, brag to me about it, tell me you're still going to do again and again, and you really wonder why I'm divorcing you? I mean, really? Give me a fucking break!" That, I think, is how real people would talk and react to the situation.

But that's just me.

And I'm not JPB, the master of well-crafted stories. Hundreds of 'em, in fact.

Still, I'd really love to see that whole "trust explanation" conversation just go.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Hey Bob!!!!!!!

Very entertaining thanks for a good read!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent

JOB,

Mucho grande' as always.

Matt

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Good read with a couple problems

First, nothing ever happens to him over his assault of Ted. Royce ended up in jail but not even a police visit for him.

Next, he does a pretty complete turn around. He has gone through quite a lot, even seeing his ex again and not caved in. Then he sees her dancing and turns into a cave man. I make some allowance because it is clear throughout the story that he does miss her and loves her. He just can't be married to her. Until he can. I might accept the turn around but immediately he seems all set to be married to her again. Maybe, but most people would be slow to plan that step after what she had done. I'd be thinking about a prenup and a promise to her that if she ever fucked around on me again she would be left cold with almost nothing. Next time she feels like being wild, think about that.

As usual the story was very well written and I enjoyed it.

Toylover52Toylover52over 12 years ago
Liked it, good read

I must agree with Rehnquist, a very good story line, good development, plausible ending, and just a good read. Thanks

FloridaryanFloridaryanover 12 years ago
Good Read

Liked the story. A good read. Plausible reconciliation

SpiritogreSpiritogreover 12 years ago

I also enjoyed this story a lot, once again. But truth to be told it had some flaws. He seemed to be a straight if not seriously conservative kind of man. And suddenly he goes out and fucks one slut after the other for months and months. And those women (as was his daughter) were quite something hanging out at the mating "Grotto". I think a guy like him would never ever touch such a woman.

This behaviour (also of the daughter) doesn't fit well with the being exclusive and being totally monogamous and if one of a couple just slips once there is no forgiveness theme. Besides that I find it totally unrealistic that an older guy can pick up any woman so easily or as it usually is in these stories have them line up to have a go with him. Sure the guys ex' doesn't know he became a sex-crazy slut sticking his thing into every hole that didn't run away fast enough, the question however is, why would she (after a very long seperation and long after the divorce) wanting such a man back? And can they be monogamous and happy till the end of their days after their inner sex devils have been unleashed. Wouldn't it be boring and the same old routine after a while again? Questions, questions ...

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
Yeah, I liked it too!

Thanks for sharing the story! She seemed awfully proud of herself when she first told him that she had fucked the shit out of her boss. That didn't sit real well.

But it was JPB's story and I enjoyed reading it.

MissouriUSA

Mandy01Mandy01over 12 years ago
Ohhh dear, what am I going to do with you Bobby???

I have read all the comments and not one have dealt with an obvious and glaring error in this story.

I understand that at times a writer decides he/she doesn't like the name they have first picked out for their character and wants to change it. I can forgive one or two errors like this but ten is stretching the friendship here buddy.

The title is Frank and Iris so Frank needs to be Frank, not Rob, unless he’s suffering from M.I.D ... Multiple Identity Disorder

"It was a mistake Rob; a huge mistake that I deeply regret. One bad thing in twenty-four years of marriage Rob. Can't you bring yourself to forgive me for doing one bad thing in all our marriage?

"You will just get yourself in trouble Rob. You could end up in jail."

"Please don't do it Rob. Please? For me?"

"Don't even talk like that Rob."

"Sell the house? Oh God Rob, no. We can't do that."

"It doesn't have to be this way Rob."

"I told you Rob; it just happened. It was spur of the moment."

"I don't want to talk about it Rob. It was a stupid thing to do and it cost me you."

"It wasn't any of that Rob.

Bobby Bobby Bobby, I'm not sure what format you use to write your stories, but I am sure they would have something like I use in word document and that's a find and replace function. Try it next time you want the replace a name, you'll find it so much easier and you can get back to gazing in your neighbour window sooner.

Apart from that little titbit, I rather enjoyed this tall tale woe. But you only get a 3*** rating for this one sonny jim. Pull the shades on your window and stop peeking in your neighbours bedroom and do your work properly, you're too good for this sort of shit Bobby.

As always

Amanda

LifeisRealityLifeisRealityover 12 years ago
Trending toward reality but

Had the writer better past tendencies {wimp, watcher, creampie's with vigor, pimping out wife] this would have been maginally acceptable.<P>

However he is still and forever the wimp - so nice try but this isn't handgrenades.

Then I agree with Rehnquist. It isn't just trust which doesn't really cover the grievous offense and has been beat to death.<P>

Instead lets call it what it really is - "Disrespect" as well as Intended Humiliation.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsover 12 years ago
Have to Put My Two Cents In!

First, a Five - Nothing Less.

I enjoy all of your writings except the stories where the male character ends up being a wuss - all the others - 'You Bet' - Great!

One nagging thought. All day I kept coming back to your story with the one issue that bothered me at the end of your story and I just couldn't buy the outcome.

Frank walked out (No Conversation), she cheated and that was it. Twenty four years of total and absolute love and trust, she cheats, he leaves. He is principled, he loves her but her conduct finished everything. Does he still love her - sure, the woman he loved for 24 years and the memories but the last one - Nope, not the woman he married, she was gone.

My issue. Marci brings Iris to the Grotto and, of course she is gorgeous, Frank has the memories but they are through. Still, the suddeness of her presence stunns him and before he can think Mel leaves and he sits and watches Iris dancing with another guy. Okay, she is free to do that BUT, she is allowing him closeness, intamacy and fondling her ass with No Objection! Oh Oh, not the way to get a man back that you cheated on, you are not making him sorry or, jealous or envious, you are showing him that you can and are being a player - 'Wrong'! He doesn't want that woman, he prefers a woman who is loyal, even as a friend, who doesn't flirt or entice other men to arouse them. I think he would have told Marci that he appreciated her effort but that her Mother was not the woman he loved for 24 years and that he would appreciate it if she kept Iris away from him! Was he hurt, of course, just a reminder of the lack of character that caused him to divorce in the first place.

BTW, I had a similar situation in my 30's, my Fiance' got drunk with some college friends, ended up doing some drugs and got laid at a sleeze bar. My thoughts, she was trusted, didn't tell me, a colleague told me with verification, I broke up with her, she convinced me it was unintended and before I could move her back in she again went out with her friends, I arrived and she was dancing seductively with a couple of business men who were enjoying themselves and the bartender told me they had been quite busy and the guys had already called for a room to take her and her friends. She saw me and the look said it all. So do I think she would have gone - No, she actually loved and wanted me but I could not deal with a woman that would allow men to get that friendly. Still love her, the good memories, still hurt but will never take her back.

Good story Bob, don't mean to tear it up. For a lot of guys it works as is, just some of us like me - once betrayed, no more chance. He'll always hurt but she can't undo the things she has done - Sad, Real Life!

Thanks for another good story.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 12 years ago
This one only gets a 2 from me

Writing fairly good. Amanda pointed out the name change issue. But the reconciliation did not pass the smell test. At least this JPB story had an ending . . .

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Pretty good

Well, I won't comment on the name mix up, oops, I just did. Not a bad story and I won't get mad about him getting back together with the ex, but her expose of her fling was just a bit "in your face asshole" for me to stomach.

Like most of JPB's stories, this one just kind of raced along. There was some emotion on the dance floor and parking lot in the last throes of the separation and that made it a better story. I do kind of wonder why Royce ended up in jail, and "Rob" didn't but I guess it depended on who filed charges and who didn't.

There did seem to be a flaw in "Rob's" personality in this story. He flipped a switch when confronted with Iris's fling and just froze her out. Then he realizes later that he still loves her after they are divorced, house sold and she has quit her job and also moved to California. Seems a bit schizoid to me, but just an opinion.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
FAMILIARITY AND COMPATABLILITY COUNTS A LOT

over new, hard and sex-lust.. TK U MLJ LV NV

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
Another great story from the master

I'm glad that he let the divorce go through, because that marriage was dead, Iris killed it when she cheated on him.

I think his friends with benefits may have showed him a little on how to treat women and give them something they want, when they need more than just gentle love, and when they want a good hard fuck up the ass.

The smart thing for him to do is to treat Iris just like he treated his friends with benefits, and just fuck her but never marry her again. That ship has already sailed, and if she wants to sick around and be a fuck buddy, then life would be good.

Thanks Bob for the good read.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
JPB ???

You are one unpredictable SOB of a writer!! I'll never peg hole you based on one single story again! Thanks for this one!

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
Does JPB age?

Hurra JPB writes longer epiloge and the story becomes better! BTW 5 stars!

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
I Liked It

It is good to see a relatively strong male in this story. He stood up to her. Refreshing. Aside from editing issues there were a few small problems for me. Why he was leaving her? It wasn't because she did the nasty, it was the way she threw it in his face. She told him she did it liked it and she would do it again. That's why he's divorcing. To me f'ing around is all it should take, the rest is collateral. So that's why I say relatively strong male. Overall the plot, presentation, and ending was a good read. I liked the characters and how he became a better lover. Iris, thinking she could cuckold him, realized she was the fool. He had the better time and she was celibate. She lost him but was able to get him back. That happens in real life. Yes the editing sucked, but I believe the story was good enough to overcome. 5 stars, more like this JPB! Thank you! (just edit better)

bartolobartoloover 12 years ago
Great story

The ending was not expected. I really enjoyed this story.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Marci was raised right!

Can't beat a daughter pimping for her father. Iris and Frank should be proud! Great family values.

slaverowanslaverowanover 12 years ago
Dammit!

She cheats, throws it in his face, tells him she is going to continue to cheat...

and he takes her back??????????????!!?

I thought, finally, someone who writes a cuckold story that doesnt have a "burn the bitch" or a psychotic violent streak in it, just a "part ways and end up happy". But no, you cut his balls off at the end and leave him gelded. If he had gotten on with his life without the cheater I'd have given it 5 stars. After the gelding, I can only give it 3.

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
You have a good idea of what your going to get...

when you read a JPB story.

I liked that Frank followed through with the divorce. I am one who believes that if you cheat the marriage is over. While not everything is black and white, the fact that she told him that she would continue to cheat removed any doubt in my mind.

I did like the JPB brought some reflection on his part about the divorce. A little more thought and story development in this area could have made the story much deeper.

I disagree that Frank had any responsibility for the divorce based on maybe he was a poor performer in bed. We all make our choices in life. So even if he was bad in bed she should have divorced him or helped him to get better. Marriage is not high school where you stay with a person until someone better comes along.

The story doesn't support that Frank was bad in bed. Obviously the women he was fucking were enjoying themselves. If they weren't they would have just moved on, there was no commitment there.

There is also no indication that he studied up and suddenly became a stud.

I couldn't buy the way they got back together. I don't mean that they shouldn't have reconciled. What I don't buy is that he got jealous and they have a quick fuck and all is forgiven. If he was hurt enough to divorce her he is going to need more than a quick screw to forgive her. Although personally, I can't have any sympathy for someone who selfishly decides to do the most destructive act in a marriage.

JPB has written several good stories but they seem to stop just short of the additional development to make the reader think and reflect. Of course that may be the plan.

I believe that JPB has the talent to write the deeper stories if he wants to. We know what we are going to get and we just need to be satisfied that he continues to turn out decent stories that are well worth the time to read.

Thanks for the story JPB.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 12 years ago
Not bad

Other than copying and pasting from your other stories and Frank becoming Rob and back to Frank, not bad.

gogreengogreenover 12 years ago
it's a shame he what back to her . but hay such is life.

tile say it all really.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 12 years ago
We are so easily led when the little head does the thinkin'

Iris (pg 1): "My boss took me to lunch yesterday. We ended up in a hotel room and spent most of the afternoon there. I liked it and we will probably do more of it."

Frank (pg 1): "the answer to your question is yes; what we have shared over the last twenty-four years has to be thrown away because of what you did. You have completely lost my trust Iris and a marriage can not exist without trust. At least not a marriage that I'm in."

Frank (pg 1): "It wasn't the fact that you fucked Haarbauer. It was the way you threw it in my face and looked me right in the eye and said that you liked it and you were probably going to do it again.

Iris (pg 1): "I can't believe that you would throw away twenty-four good years over one mistake."

Iris (pg 2): "I had one of the biggest orgasms of my life and it wasn't from the sexual act. It was from the wicked feeling that I got from cheating. I said I'd probably do it again because I wanted more of those fantastic orgasms."

Frank (pg 3): ""Lighten up Frank. She fucked a guy and then admitted it was a mistake. You are still married to her and yet you fucked Anna and Mel. One washes the other. You want her and you know you do."

.

Conclusion: Whatever Frank is smoking, it's working. He's completely divorced from reality if he thinks anything has changed. Getting back with Frank is important to Iris because the only way she can get her big buzz is when she's cheating. She has to be with Frank in order to cheat on Frank.

.

Thanks for sharing your stories with us, Bob. I'm never too sure what I'm going to get with your stories, but I generally enjoy the ride.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Interestingly done

I had a break over the weekend where I did not finish this one - and came back with a different mind set - maybe - I am unsure I support Frank's decisions (like it was ever my choice right?) but I do support his night with her - show her what she threw away by b3eing self absorbed and selfish.

He was equally self absorbed but not so selfish. He did get the opportunity to grow - maybe they could make it who knows.

The writer knows - ha, ha, ha, ha -=

BetterEndingBetterEndingabout 12 years ago
OK, I Liked It, but...

I did like the story as well as the way it ended. However, there was an inconsistency in the beginning that bothered me.

One evening she is telling her husband that she fucked her boss, liked it and would probably do it again. She said she was telling him so he could decide what he wanted to do in case he did not want her around any more. The next evening she was saying that it was the biggest mistake of her life and that she would never do it again. Now I know women change their minds a lot, but come on. That was hard to swallow. It would have been better if she had said she was telling him because she did not want to hide anything from him.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Once again

good story right up to the end. Wimpy.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Wow!! Incredible story expertly written.

I guess the main issue is did Iris deserve a break? It's a tough call for sure. In a committed relationship Iris killed her marriage. If they had discussed it ahead of time before Iris slept with her boss there would've been more hope. Frank was devastated but he moved on. Their love wouldn't die in spite of themselves and their behavior. Their relationship changed. Perhaps better communication would've avoided the pain for them. The story encapsulated the emotion of this drama expertly with a caring careful hand. Kudos to JPB!

green117green117about 10 years ago
Not sure what peoples problem with this story is...

Even the BTB crowd would get "behind" his desire to fuck his ex-wifes' butt.

Actually, in JPB universe, where women are victims to uncontrollable desire to either:

1. do multi

2. do creampies or

3. just plain cheat w/ big dicks

Iris was just doing what she was programmed to do... be a good woman done wrong by her "female" nature.

And this is JPB being a romantic, whereas they get back together 'cause Frank/Rob has finally done/learned kinky stuff with Mel (love those gender ambiguous names) and now can satisfy the evil twisted desires of his woman. (by the way - don't try this at home - forcing anal on someone is likely to get you shortened by a few inches by the lady in the morning...)

Just sayin'

Green-something

(needless to say I really liked this one, pretty much for the reasons I said...)

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
The Problem

Not too many people have marriages that are so great after 24 years that you really have to stay married. Of those lucky few, not too many, if any, have wives that would cheat and throw it in their face. So, if Frank had such a great wife, why did she jump out of character and turn into someone else? This is either a problem with the plot, or a problem with the marriage. Unless someone goes insane, their behavior is usually consistent and predictable after 24 years. This is another "nightmare" fantasy story that is so popular in this genre. It is not at all realistic. If she had really done this, Frank would have known it was coming or would have had to admit he had been living in denial for a long time. Either way, who want's or needs a wife like that?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Hmmm...

I'm torn between a few things in this tale. Yes Iris cheated and was quite cavalier about telling Frank that she would do it again. In the end they're divorced and now are fuck buddies. I think I can live with that. The Melissa character pissed me off to the max. Fucking worthless cunt cheated on her husband then he told Frank and he dumped her. She finds another and her husband beats the guy and goes to jail and she gets off scott free and Frank takes her back? She's the real cunt here. A story detailing Melissa's fall would be nice.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
loved it

as far as situation, well done. emotionally, well done. I don't know how you could improve the story, other than maybe a synopsis of feelings from both sides. thanks. I don't normally read cheating hubbies, I'm just not inclined that way, I got a good 7" that I have only used on 5 females, since I've known what it;s for, never a complaint, but since I have been reading your stories, and think that the guys are pretty much of that of my own mentality, in that, its not the size, but the magic, or the love. I'm glad they got back together, and should be a very fruitful retirement.

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
I got to say

I like this wife! I mean it. Yes, she did something stupid and untrustworthy. (Show of hands...who hasn't done something stupid and/or untrustworthy...anyone? No?)

But still, it's a VERY BAD THING she did. And once she 'got that' (and it didn't take her long) what was her reaction? "Fuck you. I spent all the time since I left work talking to your parents and my parents telling them we are getting a divorce and it was all my fault. You did nothing. Now excuse me while I go upstairs and lose it."

FUCKING BRAVO! She is smart. She is self reflective. She has some self respect. She made and followed through on a shitty and difficult moral choice.

Oh...he should still divorce her ass. But she certainly showed that while she did not have PERFECT character, she had GOOD character. She was believable to me.

And that is what the story is all about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good one right until the very last sentence

And then he lost his mind, forgot that she was a cheating slut just because she gave up her ass? Talk about the little head leading the way! No way he takes her back. No way.

wonder203wonder203over 9 years ago
No

Good and believable up until the last. Is it possible he got jealous? Yes it is but to haul her out and take her home and get back together that quick is so unrealistic. I get that it is a story but you just seemed to get tired of it and to stick a quick fix to the end is just a waste of your writing talent and makes the time spent reading a great story a waste because you got bored with it and put in a lame ending.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
****

Great read till the end.

That killed the 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Ignore the a-holes

Have any of these critcizers had a real relationship with a woman? 24 years, damn it. One mistake! There are even worse things than one instance of infidelity. Get over yourselves. Find a real love, and live it! Don't just imagine it, and don't criticize a story line that you know nothing about.

KarenEKarenEalmost 9 years ago
Good Till The End

“Did Iris do what she did for the same reason that Mel stepped out on Royce?”

If that was the case then she owed it to him to tell him her needs BEFORE cheating on him.

I’m sorry, I’m not unalterably opposed to reconciliation, and I understand that he misses Iris, but she casually cheated on him, for admittedly no reason, casually throwing it in his face, telling him she liked it and intended to do it again, and only changed her position when he threw her out.

His fucking Anna and Mel was COMPLETELY different – he and Iris were separated.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 9 years ago
Good story but sloppy ending.

I agree with KarenE, the wishy washy ending ruined the whole thrust of the story. (No pun intended!)

MrFluffyCatMrFluffyCatalmost 9 years ago
What is this anon on?

Her cheating wasn't a mistake. A mistake is something that the person believes is wrong and is unintentional. What she did was conscious decision to be unfaithful, the worst thing about it is she got off on cheating on him. She didn't really love him, love requires some form of respect, she showed none. Sure she apologized, but only because Frank didn't go with it. She was a tramp who decided to go out of her marriage simply cause she was horny. At least Frank didn't remarry her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good story and I'm not really a reconcilliation guy

But after all those years people are due some mistakes. And after he's fucked a couple of women, while that doesn't necessarily make them even, it sure makes him she her point. I think after all those years he simply realized he loved her and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. They both wanted that. So what's the big deal commentators? They both got what they wanted. Is everyone so angry that they no longer can stand any kind of happy ending. Geez! Give it a rest. Well played Bob.

WoodyKCWoodyKCover 8 years ago
Again after that?

Seems to me you walk out of the club. A good character who wimps in the end, to bad.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Read it Again

Okay, so HE still loved her and fucked her again. That does not mean that he forgave her for not really loving him. It just means that old love, like old habits die hard. Love is caring. Love is wanting to protect people. That is what was hardwired into him and that is why he beat the shit out of her boss/boyfriend and why he was jealous at the Grotto. She had been his wife and the mother of his children he had been husband, father, protector of his family. She betrayed all that. She pushed his buttons and the old dog reacted the way they knew he would. He is an old dog, but he is not stupid. He will realize that they played him and he will know that there is no love in that. He was doing fine with his girlfriends and the last thing he needed was his cheating, unloving ex back in his life. Fucking her would not change anything. Although it might give him the "closure" that his daughter was talking about. When he has that moment where he realizes that she is his EX cheating wife of his grown children and that there is nothing holding him to her any longer. On the other hand, he has new, younger women in his life to spend time with and when he wants to be left alone, he does not have to listen to their shit, he can go home. What is left out of so many of these stories is that even a decent marriage is not a bed of roses. It is a lot of compromise and effort. Being single, and having a string of girlfriends is great for the average man. Better than marriage in fact! Less headaches, less compromise and less risk for more reward!

christmas_apechristmas_apealmost 8 years ago
thank you for unearthing this gem

after your comment unearthed this gem i read it a second time, and then just the good parts for a third time.

this is a story about fucking versus making love.

jpb is a top-shelf mixologist, using piquant and flavorful ingredients in myriad combinations. you may find some of the ingredients bitter on their own, but in concert, they can be delicious.

imbibe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sometimes You Just Have To Let Loose

About time he reclaimed his (ex)wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Please explain

why you think a wife should screw another man, tell her husband it was great and she will do it again (and honestly mean it as a matter of fact) and say he has to let it go because it was merely one mistake in 24 years of marriage, then the author has the guy be a cuckold by taking her back. This makes absolutely no sense. Has she shown any true contrition by admitting her actions to her family? No. Has she given him any real reason why this will not happen again? No. Has she broken the solemn vow of marriage? Yes. Plus, the ONLY reason she feels bad is because he was not fine with her infidelity and not ok with her idea to continue having sex with another man and not ok with her humiliation and degrading treatment of him...to the extent that he would divorce her.

Yes, you can't turn off loving someone and after 24 years you would miss them. But, when your arm is amputated for a malignant cancer...you miss your arm and have to totally physically, mentally and emotionally find a way to cope with this loss, but not to the degree it was worth terminal cancer had it not been removed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Pet Peeves

One of my biggest pet peeves is grown fucking kids meddling in their parents' lives. Another is fucking parents meddling in their grown kids' lives. I just don't understand how people think they have the right to stick their noses in other people's business, family or not. And after all that, the stupid bastard made up and got back together with his cheating whore of a wife. 1 Star.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Liked the premise

But too much was left hanging.

This was a potentially great story that really grabbed my interest but didn't have enough detail or full resolution to satisfy.

4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
pathetic

1* hope the whore gives him aids .

he deserves it for taking a whore back .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I wish

There was a number smaller than 1*.

RickMo49RickMo49almost 7 years ago
Name changes

I wish authors would remember the names they give the characters. I read story after story and about half way through the name of the main character changes. If I can remember the names of the characters having read it just once I think the author should be able to do the same. After all it's their story.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 6 years ago
Predictable

It was obvious he still loved his wife. He was choosing women who were terrible candidates for marriage. Mel was a divorce waiting to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You have a huge creativity

it's obvious just watching the amount of stories you wrote. The problem is that most of your stories look as if you just write then and publish them without further look or editing. My advice to you would be to let them stew, get a couple of reliable beta readers to give you honest input. Quality is better than quantity if you ask me.

If I could I would edit your stories list to keep only the good ones. You would be one of the best writers here instead of being a 10 miss for each good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
FORCED.....

Sure didn't want to like it, but I kind of just fell into feeling for Frank. I appreciated the take no bullshit approach he took with the cheating whore and no cuckold crap.

I'm afraid he'd have had to go to jail for assault though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Do Writers Ever Pay Attention?

In actual conversations, people address one another by name. And is it so hard to throw a name in, instead, of a hundred "he", "him", "she", "her", "I" or "you". These stories are generally about two people who were once very much in love, but can't seem to remember their name after the first page.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A JPB RAAC????

Well that was a surprise! After everything he goes thru to divorce her, why take her back? What's changed? She's still a cheater? She's still a liar. He's taken the hit so there's absolutely no sense in letting her back into his life. Hell. He's in California. LaLa land. The Land of Milk and Honey's. Lots of Honey's. He'll have no problems finding a woman to share his life with. Why go back to the cheating model? Bad ending Bob. Bad Bob. Bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Why would he take her back?

Does he really believe she's changed? That she has NOT been getting pounded after their divorce? It seems so improbable that I couldn't get over it. If he wants to screw her for awhile, okay. But to take her back permanently? I don't think so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well timed story

When this story came out, Bob was getting a bit predictable but this reconciliation story kept his stories in balance so the next JPB story you read you just can not tell the ending. The best part about his stories is you don't have any idea if he will pass, punt or run or maybe throw a gimmick play our way. Sometimes I think he has a 3-4 wheels that he spins to tell him the parameters of the story.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 5 years ago
Everyone needs to get a grip!

Previous commenters are forgetting that Frank and Iris have been married for 24 years. That isn't erased easily. Besides, readers need to realize that Frank found that probably part of why she did what she did was because she wanted to be taken for once. She is a submissive and he never knew it. Now he does. Why not take her back? They have history together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What the fuck is his name?!

Is it Frank or Rob?

Seriously? You write a story called FRANK and Iris and refer to him as 'Rob' multiple times?

Fuck, what a joke...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Typical cucky boy story from JPB, wonder how well his new cock cage fits.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
tkh3nkey2110

Because she looked him in the fucking eye and told him that she liked fucking her boss and would probably do it again? Dumbass

Anyway, poor, poor story. One star. Frank/Rob has an identity crisis as he seems to have two fucking names, too

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaover 5 years ago
Understandable...

that most of the anons are from the generation that doesn't believe in saving marital history. Especially now that they are trying to rewrite our entire history. Folks, it ain't happening. 5* for an outstanding story. Call him what you will anonnys but he's a man that realized what was his and took it back. While you're at it, go fuck a 'cucks' wife without his knowledge... but I'd advise wearing a steel cup the rest of your life.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Not bad for JPB

Pluses: Decent writing, no creampie eating (a rarity in JPB stories) and fewer all out sluts than normal.

Negatives: Her takeaway was that she shouldn't have admitted it to him. Seriously? That's the fucking takeaway? Not that you shouldn't betray your husband after 24 years of marriage? And the ending was too convenient and rushed.

Honestly, I don't know why I'm making this comment. JPB does fine on his own and I'm sure he doesn't give a fuck about my opinion. It's just a weird day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Another inmate returns to the cuckfarm

Why does JPB love cuck stories? It was ok until the end, and fucking ruined everything.

He might as well practice sucking other men's cum now, especially since ex-wifey-now-squeeze got greenlight that everything is good in the end, her pussy lured him back.

What a wimp and a joke of a man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
OMG! JPB wrote a RAAC!

And an awful one too boot! Good story until the ending. Does he have a short term memory? Did he forget her announcement when she told him she had fucked her Boss, liked it and was going to do it again? What's changed? Why would he want another twenty or thirty years of wondering who she is fucking? That makes no sense. Did a little sex make him deaf, dumb and blind? Is he thinking with his "little head"? Seems likely. After all the shit she put him thru there's simply no way he marries her again. That wouldn't be a RAAC. That would just be stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
5 STARS

Many of Just Plain Bob's stories are disappointing, usually because not finished. But they are all well written in an interesting way. I keep reading them to find the occasional gem. This was it. It had an ending. And it was a happy ending.

Iris learned her lesson. She will not be stepping out so cavalierly again. After trying several women (a feature of JPB stories, plenty of women after him -- nice fantasy!), Frank has a new appreciation for what he had in his ex. So, I think their marriage will now be better than ever. Plus he has a better job and living near their daughter. Like I said, happy ending.

Good one.

Paul in Oklahoma

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 5 years ago
Wow, GREAT story!

Sometimes, just every now and then, love prevails.

That was one very expensive counseling sessions the two of them attended.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
What a prick!

There is no good reason for betrayal!

She did what she did and should pay the price! Unfortunately they don't stone adulterous wives over here!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hypocrite

What an hypocrite Frank is.He divorces his wife for a one time shag ,then what's anything in a skirt whilst still married.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
Stick to hate!

There are no degrees of betrayal! She betrayed him. He got shot of her. End of story!

Oh I forgot its JPB! He loves the forgivness crap! I wonder if he is a cuck-pervert?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Seconded: What a Hypocrite

She falls off the track one time and he goes ballistic; he then turns around and fucks everything in sight endlessly. Yeah, she hurt him when she fell one single time, how come he then justifies dealing with his hurt by fucking every chick who rubs against him, like he's so traumatized by her one failure that he has to repay her dozens of times over? Wimp, loser, and screaming hypocrite

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

A typical JPB cuck apologist story. I wonder if it's hard to write with a cock stuffed down his throat

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago
Nah

He was useless

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
You just couldn't resist!!

You had a good story going here until you decided to turn it into just another PITIFUL RAAC story.

xtchrxtchralmost 4 years ago
Hard To Believe!

I have a hard time seeing how he could take her back. Not only did she cheat on him...maybe someone could past that. BUT when she told him " I liked it and we will probably do more of it", she is telling him that she is going to continue cheating. By taking her back, he is opening himself up to all kind of pain and hurt.

Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
lack of communication again

So she could have told hubby she wanted a fuck from him and not ever had cheated. And she cheats so quickly?

Maybe he evened the score a bit but it wasn't cheating.

I think when she danced with that guy what would have been best is if he showed indifference. Don't even look and possibly just leave with the slut Mel.

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

Ahhhhh!! Another relationship/soon-to-be-remarried made in heaven, would you like to know why? Because they’re both fucking morons (bet they’re Trump supporters).

Bob Bob Bob you’ve done better.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Dumb CUCK re-marrys the slut??!! Hope not!!!

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

A wimpy cuckold story. Really? It was going so good until you fucked up the end! Why not have Frank start cleaning cum out of her pussy? I wish I could give negative stars!

lee5456lee5456about 3 years ago
He must be Santa Claus

He sure likes those Ho Ho Hos

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsalmost 3 years ago

Frank is a jerk, but at least by the end of the story he realizes it, kinda, sorta. Well, good for him! Frank's "Come to Jesus" moment earns him my fifth star. ~~ JB

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Bob finished this one, but I didn’t like the RAAC finish. Why take the cheating bitch back.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

JPB, I do like your "discovered my wife cheating and got revenge" stories, but I have to say that this is one of your best stories. A man who learns his wife has cheated loses his mind for a time. Either he falls into depression, or he loses himself in sluts, or both. It can take a long time to find yourself again. This was good storytelling and the story was very believable. It's still hard to understand why she cheated in the first place, but people have complex moments of weakness. Maybe that's all the explanation he'll ever have. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Had to laugh, Frank mentions he is worried the wife's boss might have passed on an STD/Aids, he don't go get tested, then later fucks a few women he met in a bar, no mention of condoms, room for a sequel there when everyone gets together to try and work out where the STD they all have started.

Iris mentioned at the start she wanted to continue cheating , at least now, she knows >>next time don't throw it in Frank' face, keep it to herself<<.

Wake up Frank, don't take her back, just keep her as a FWB

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

I've lived in many parts of the country but I never knew the Village Inn was a national chain...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story but the author missed out on any emotions involved in s divorce. Frank was completely unemotional throughout the divorce. Even Marci showed no emotion at her husband's cheating on her. The author treated the cheating and divorce as though it's an everyday occurrence.

It was a fun read but could have been so much better.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

So "Ted" who does not want to settle lawsuit is assaulted and beaten and yet he does not make any fuss about that? Typical JPB, "unimportant" details are just left out. Iris, that goes and fucks a guy for fun all of a sudden becomes Penelope and begs to get back with her ex? Typical wet dream of all BTB writers.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9078 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...