All Comments on 'Friend Request Accepted'

by BTTap

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Enjoyed it!

Really enjoyed the story. The Facebook touch is far too common nowadays.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 12 years ago
The good and the bad.

I enjoyed the story and the emotions the guy went through. The ending seemed real enough. The problem I had was in the back story and the length of the paragraphs. I tend to skim through the fluff many writers toss into a story about their childhood, first date, dog name Rover, and how many beers they consumed in college. Long paragraphs make reading more difficult and skimming even more so. This should have been a two page story and the paragraphs should be cut into thirds, or just completely eliminated in many instances. Decent story but could have been better with a more concise presentation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
dame good story

well ended.179a

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good one

I did like how you ended it, it was appropriate. Would like to see a followup down the road to see how he is doing. He deserves a loving wife. Just consider it!

Very well done, one of your best.

BriteaseBriteaseabout 12 years ago
Great

wonderfully written, and a welcome break from so many of the over stated stories that are written here ( by myself included?). A really good read.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Good writing,build-up, but ends with a wimper

For me, the investment in this story was followed by a very meager payoff. Loved the characters and the story, another "slice-of-life" tale, but the ending was a bit too melodramatic. Still, a very compelling and realistic saga.

Glenda_FiddichGlenda_Fiddichabout 12 years ago
well done

Better than your last/first effort so already improving. Just a suggestion - a little more white space maybe? Paragraphs that are too long cause difficulty when reading on line. Best regards M.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Idea

My idea would be for you to write two sequels: each one would follow the lives of William and Julie. Julie would likely find that there is areason why her John has never been married: he likes the chase and the hunt.

racoon1174racoon1174about 12 years ago
A great early effort!

A good job all around especially for a newer author. I agree with Glenda's suggestion and would say to get an editor to help you pare down some of those huge paragraph's. Thanks for the story1

AbsalomrideAbsalomrideabout 12 years ago
Heartfelt, enjoyable tale. Five stars for entertaining us. But..

by the time I'd reached the end of page two I was slightly grimacing. I was relieved when you stated that the flight had gone without incident, I'd been expecting at least a para on the service, the food, the weather etc. Then finally I creased into a smile with the quip about needing a new secretary. Fine writing. Also enjoyed the pot-smoking scenarios(!!)and the disguise sequence. It's hard to wring something new from a standard LW story, I appreciate that. You're developing a style to call your own. The scene where you catch them at it and take the photos is pure fucking class, I loved it. but in the very next para it don't ring quite true, the immediate aftermath. You didn't confront? Confrontation don't mean killing anyone, does it? Ok, this is going to tag into the storyline, and I hope I don't know where this is going..

And no I don't. The denoument(?), as you say yourself, is delicious. It was a shame you couldn't end it there!

Nice endline, but unsatisfactory conclusion, almost as if you'd run out of steam. But I'm sure with a good editor (mikothe is clearly growing into that role, the silk ears she's been spinning) and a less hurried feel(more dialog!)you'll expand into a famously good writer. Thanks..

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
Definitely Took the Scenic Route in Telling the Tale !

Yet the author gets off scot free for meandering because though some details ate superfluous , they are amusing in a low key way. No new ground is broken per se but one ends feeling empathy for the narrator despite the fact he has flaws. Most readers will hope he does well & would be interested in a sequel even if it doesn't fit in the Loving Wives genre. ANYWAY this was a pleasureable read & my gratitude goes out to the author. Full marks !

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
ABSENCE AND ABSINENCE

2 things that make a heart and "heart on" reluctant. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
#2 A STORY THAT TOUCHES

ON DIFFERENT ASPECTS REGARDING CHEATING AND ADULTERY. tk u mlj lv nv

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
How could you make a revenge story from a consequence story easily?

First it all This was an excellent story. According to my LW stories catalog this is an outsanding consequence story. It is not a revenge story, because the end of the story was a almost amicable (but full of emotion) divorce. I like the consequence story as the TLW, revenge and the reconcilation stories and I woted 5 stars. However a Romantic Revenge Story could be made by a good aftermath epiloge. Yes an accidentaly meeting 10 years after between an second divorced Julie and William with his children in a Mall/Beach/etc.. would be a good oportunity for an Romantic Revenge Story scen.

Yes longer epiloge.................

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years agoAuthor
Thank you all, and mea culpa.

I appreciate all of you taking your time and reading my story and offering me suggestions, impressions and advice. It really is helpful and interesting. I have found (almost) all of the comments worthwhile-I pay a lot of attention to them.

I am particularly tickled when I get comments from Lit authors I admire, such as HDK, and Britease, and from consistently excellent commenters like LSD and Duna.

I think I accomplished what I wanted with this story. Although I did not write it with the expressed intention of continuing with William's tale, I may just do that-it could have interesting possibilities.

I clearly needed to edit this story more. My first story met with strong reaction, and the one critical piece of advice that I acknowledged was to shorten up my paragraphs. Then, naturally, I ignored that advice while editing this story.

Truthfully, I got too eager to get this one posted, as it was my first actual original story (the first submission being a letter written by a character from someone else's story). So, I kind of screwed the pooch, and the story is less readable as a result. Shit!

I will try to improve. I think I really like writing fiction as a hobby-it has been fun so far. Like everything else I choose to do in life, I will strive to get better.

To do that, I promise I will try and learn from my mistakes and take the constructive criticism to heart.

I have about four stories in the hopper right now, none of which are finished (I'm much better at starting than finishing stories, I find). But, before I submit the next one, I will be more careful with my editing.

Can anyone suggest an outside editor who is available and good?

jasonnhjasonnhabout 12 years ago
Great analysis of cheating

William is a VERY clear thinking on the subject of cheating. He blows through all the BS excuses and rationalizations. The core reality is that it is a disrespect of your spouse. As William thinks, if it isn't working, either work it out WITH your spouse or get a divorce and then move on. How can you really love someone when you don't respect them enough not to cheat? As he also notes, a one night drunk or thoughtless fuck you might get by, BECAUSE the disrespect is minimal.

His confrontation with Julie is picture perfect. She comes up with the lonely, bored, and confused (I don't know why) excuse and he demolishes it. I also agree with his reasoning re: When the relationship is not balanced, it is possible that the person running the show begins to feel superior to the more accommodating person. You may be more accepting in the name of love however, the other person may have a weakness, like Julie, that allows them to exploit your behavior. I would argue it is the extremely rare marriage that doesn't get out of order from time to time. Sometimes one spouse fixes it, sometimes the other, sometimes it just limps on out of kilter. No one is to blame for that because almost no two people move in lockstep indefinitely. But when one person decides to fix it by stepping out of the marriage that person IS to blame. The fact that the marriage was unbalanced or that the spouse was lacking is NOT justification to cheat.

The only criticism I have is that the whole thing is a bit dispassionate. Yes, it's clear that William is suffering. But every time he is upset he seems to logically shut it down. That helps with his clear explanations but cools the story's excitement. Maybe it's a Catch 22 between the clarity and a more passionate story. If that's the case, I'm happy with the clear thinking for a change.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
You sure go into a lot of detail

I skipped through some parts, sorry. Everyone but Maria is pretty shallow.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 12 years ago
great story

My one critique is while descriptions and back stories are great it is very easy to get lost in them.Some of the space used for detailing the past could have been used to flesh out the emotions of both of them,especially at the end. I think this was a mature story that talks to the truth of why people can have affairs,it usually is because the spouse forgets what they have and goes looking for something to fill the need,the slut,size queen and such are rare compared to the emotional needs.This story is interesting because the sex is not the main reason for cheating,which rings true.As in DQS stories the emotional cheating started before the real cheating. The fact that she cannot say why she fell for the other guy tells volumes.

It would be interesting to see what happens.Is Maria next?Does the wife realize John used her,or was that real.I have to admit as a romantic that the couple finds their way back but William is probably dead on that there would be no way,that she could never make him feel respected or loved having given herself emotionally to someone else.

Mousse9Mousse9about 12 years ago

Jasonnh said it before me, but during the ending William seemed rather dispassionate, given the subject. Maybe because they had become very distant, but he barely showed any emotion during their "final talk". Either he's INCREDIBLY levelheaded, or he killed off his emotions.

And...I dunno, it just feels to me like Julie simply got off scotfree. Yeah, she's gonna get divorced, but that probably won't hurt her too much, given the fact that they've grown apart, she's cheating on him (respect and love for William gone), AND she has feelings for the other guy. Basically she just won't care and won't be hurt too much by divorce.

Yes, the threat of showing the pictures if she lies about the reason for divorce would be bad, I guess. But if people did ask, she COULD say that they had been growing apart for months, and she found someone better. Both she and William were to blame for the destruction of their marriage. Problem solved.

In my opinion, William was too lenient. Not in the divorce stuff, but it seems to me like he's already forgiven her, and is just moving on. I'm ambivalent about the ending.

Although this IS an ending, I WOULD like to see an epilogue of sorts, like Duna mentioned.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xabout 12 years ago
Good story.

I hope the husband lives happily everafter, I guess the wife will with her knew lover. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
why not move on?

To the commenter who was upset that it seemed like "he's already forgiven her, and is just moving on." Yeah, it'd be much better if spent he next 18 months in a frenzy of pain and anger, obsessed with revenge. Really the path to a good life, that. He's calm because he's realized that the marriage was never very good and had turned to crap even before her affair -- he's at the blessed point where he can indeed just move on, hallelujah, have a life, look for something better. Seeking revenge would just be another way of letting her and her cheating control his life.

Mostera1Mostera1about 12 years ago
Very nice

BTTap You keep getting better and better! I won't rehash what others have already said, and rather well too; except I would also like to see a fitting sequel. I know you will treat each character properly.

Well done!

Thank you!

M1

brujaybrujayabout 12 years ago
Good Story

This was a good read. I think you will go far as an author if you follow the advice of some of the better writers on this site.

Thank you for sharing your story with us and please keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
there are some people who could move on

why revenge , he had class, he fiqured out what he wanted to do . moving on without killing the cheater..why does the male want to kill the cheater there were no kids and he gets his freedom. she will screw up again and this guy was just using her and will probabley move on himself. so she has nothing to fall back on

looking4itlooking4itabout 12 years ago
Nice Story

I did enjoy the story. Unless you plan a sequel I think the depth you went into about Maria was too long. While it could bring him some empathy (although it didn't really, did it) it wasn't really significant until the final line, so a shorter version would serve the beginning of this story as well. The other thing I noticed was when you mentioned some issues with their relationship early they really weren't tied in later. What I did appreciate the most was some of the calm and logical discussion at the end. Certainly some new insight into reasons and reactions.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
absolutely fabulous story

100% perfect. What makes so this SOOOOOOOO good is that the author actually FOCUSES ON THE MEANING OF THE CHEATING .

god almighty I have been screaming about this for YEARS . In most LW stories the authors never have husband think about the MEANING of the wife actions/ words/ behavior / attitude.

In THIS story the BEST part was this bit of conversation

........"If you were just a selfish bitch who truly loved me but wanted a magnificent lover with a baby's arm for a cock, I might even have hope that you could get over that selfish fixation and recommit yourself to our marriage. Or, maybe I couldn't, but whatever. The point is, I know he isn't anything special in the sex department, but you did it anyway. *** Which MEANS, the issue is really about you and me and our marriage, and maybe the feelings you have for this John asshole. You either really love him, on some level, or you really don't love me enough. **** Either way, it's not worth fighting for." ...............

Bravo!!!! finally someone develops a man / Husband with BRAIN..

Finally.. finally....

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 12 years ago
Great

Now having presented us a very realistic set of events.... What becomes of our intrepid hero. Aftercall he did wish his former gitlfriend to forgive him?? Albeit a different level of cheating, the wife betrayed the heart of the marriage long before the sex.... And he knowingly got polluted at a party knowing his own level of behavior while polluted... So is one worse than the other? A commitment is a commitment with or without the marriage papers. Look forward to chapter two. Thanks for writing.

demantoiddemantoidabout 12 years ago
WOW! What a great short story!

I just thoroughly enjoyed your saga BTTap. You communicated a warmth through your character William that was so compelling and thrilling. I raced through each sentence and paragraph with smiles and tension...delicious writing and plotting. Your description of college life was a terrific snapshot. Giving the wife a bit of leeway based on the Maria incident, added to the wonderful humanity to your story and to William. Brilliant. Thank you for letting me share and relish your storytelling talents BTTap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
What if---------

John, being in the "Restaurant Business" was "Connected" and took a dim view of those pictures being in existence????????????? Could mean trouble for our hero.

nakdsubnakdsubabout 12 years ago
I guess I'm not quite as enthusiastic...

I did enjoy the story. There is one section when the story goes from past tense to present tense then back to past. That was very annoying to me. Also, I thought it ended a little abruptly.

I couldn't give it 5, but I gave it 4*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
You're shitting me, right??

This is only your second story?!?!?

A brilliant effort, and for once, I'm in complete agreement with HarryinVA. Wonderful effort.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Good Read!!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
She had it coming

Any spouse who engages in adultery deserves being divorced.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 12 years ago
Pretty good read

Some editing to fix a few mistakes, plus a bit of trimming for unnecessarily long paragraphs, and it would be a five. The content and story line were good, and it was credible, with no wimpy behavior on the part of hubby. 4.5/5.0 -- thanks for writing.

Mousse9Mousse9about 12 years ago

To anon (gods, I hate replying to anons), I never said spending years "in a frenzy of pain and anger, obsessed with revenge". Those are YOUR words. THAT is what you think? I never even MENTIONED the word revenge.

If you rob a bank, you're caught, and you get a stern talking-to without a fine, or jailtime, THAT is getting off scotfree. No consequences.

Julie got the same treatment. She got caught, got a stern talking-to from William, and that's it. And like I said in my previous comment, divorce won't hurt her too much because William isn't screwing her over financially, and they had already grown apart, so no emotional pain either.

If there had been SOME consequences for her actions, that would've sat better with me.

Pfch, 18 months in a frenzy of pain and anger, obsessed with revenge. Get a life.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 12 years ago
An enjoyable tale

A nicely written storyline and believable story. A little sad that he went through so much trouble with his love life.

Thanks for the read

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Human behavioral of the majority of the people

A little discuss about the human nature. The constant partnership is a strong emotional brackground, if the partner as William gentle husband, good provider and good sexual partner. The divorce is a strong break in Julie's soul against the loverboy will reamain for her. We do not know much about the bachelor loverboy he will change his mind and Julie will be the wedding aim for him?? If this bachelor who lived for the predator lifstyle he will be a faithful husband???? The divorce dicade was strong emotional pain for Julie and a consequence story wife character can suffer harder as the husband who decide on the divorce. To drift apart may be suffer for the cheater, who has losted the strong background for a simple cheater or a serial cheater wife. This is much less true for a slut wife.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Good and well produced story.

The title put me off initially, because being a dinosaur I do not know about

Facebook!! I thought that it sounded like a pure cuck story with a title like that.

But after reading a few comments and coming up dry today, I dug in and really enjoyed it. The comments about the problems as seen through the author's eyes

are right on, and I have to agree 100% with Harry!?!

zed0zed0about 12 years ago
A Little Light But A Good Read

Julie got off way too lightly. I mean, Willy spoke harshly to her. Wow! How terrifying! Maybe he'll stamp his foot next, that should make her feel really bad for the next ten minutes.

He wrongly assumed publishing the pictures would get him in trouble, and he would get caught. But it's next to impossible to catch someone, even for a "super spy" agency.

The boy friend skated completely, which just isn't right!

The penalty for screwing around with a married women, is irate husbands causing bodily harm and possibly grievous injury.

It's like the law of the jungle or something.

Let's face it, Willy is a passive wuss, who let her walk all over him, small wonder she had no respect.

Although I found Willy mildly frustrating, I did enjoy the story. It was well done and very realistic, but realism can get a little pedantic and isn't always that much fun to read.

FWIW - I did give you five stars

ParPlus10ParPlus10about 12 years ago
Good Story.

This was a fresh and more realistic look at cheating and divorce. It makes me think back to years ago when my brother's wife cheated on him. He divorced and forgot about her. There are always those who need to have some severe payback or revenge. I wonder if it's just bitterness over their own lives.

Sometimes you need to just move on and forget it. I'm not a big user of Facebook, but maybe William shows it does have some value.

I did find myself skipping over some of the parts that were pretty dry. Also, there could have been more dialog. I think in this story demonstrates that the absence of dialog can indicate that the story could be tightened up.

Great effort and thanks for the story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
But, when I saw how deeply involved I was with John, I guess the feelings were too strong, the attraction was too strong to pull away."

Yeah right, and I own a condo on Mars.

Good thing he tossed her out because sooner or later she'd find some other joker to make chemistry with.

DWornockDWornockabout 12 years ago
Excellent! I rated it 5 stars.

Very logical and mostly realistic. And, somewhat erotic. Thank you writing it.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
A praise

@ Dear Ms. Dwornock I am glad and welcome for your surprise positive comment.

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
This was much better then your first attempt

It had realism and pathos. It described real relationships.

I'd have liked a bit more to happen to her, but I suppose the best thing that happened to him was in the final line.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Human nature

I do not agree some commenters, because this divorce was a emotional shock for Julie and she would suffer for a long time against the remained lover boy.

Our behavioral is different so at Julie the break up will couse bigger suffer than William will have. Julie has not decided on any divorce yet, she wanted to sit on 2 horsebacks for a long time before she will decide on something. The abrupt caught will couse much bigger emotional pain at Julie than William, because Williem started the divorce and the great scen with the caugth. The divorce would have been neutral for Julie, if she had decide on the divorce or she had been a slut. She was a simple cheater who wanted to have 2 men in her life. William was succesful because it happened befor any children project. William after the consequence will heal up psichicalic quickler than Julie will do, because his brain closed this chapter of his life only his emotional brain has to follow his will. Julie is a woman whose has to process emotional he was denied..............And We do not know the lover boy wants to end his bachelor life???!!!! If the lover boy want a newer prey for himself Julie will fell on the ground between 2 horses, and the divorce will be immidiatly a Romantic Revenge.....I wrote earlier epiloge, epiloge, epiloge........

greowulfgreowulfabout 12 years ago
excellent story

Well written and realistic. Walked a very balanced line betwee TTB and reconciliation. The commentary on human nature, trust, and the motivations behind the tgwo different types of infidelity was spot on. Bravo.

Don't pay attention to the detractors. He got a fairer settlement than he otherwise would have (if MN is not a community property state), and Julie is in for a lot of tears down the road. She will soon realize how well he treated her, and you simply cannot trust someone you had an affair with. There is probably a reason he is still single at 40, and that reason will haunt her if she takes up with him.

greowulfgreowulfabout 12 years ago
one more thing

I think I have to disagree with HDK for once. I also usually skip a long backstory, but the Maria story and Linda's scene at the bar actually added to this one.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

I think William did not find out the affair and the loverboy chaned her for a newer woman, she would have cheated again some years later with a other man. She slowly would have become a serial cheater If the loverboy ended the affair after the divorce, it could be a traumatic event, which would assist her to become a better personality in a second marriage. It may be I am a little optimistic.

PolyLvrPolyLvrabout 12 years ago
Well told

I fund a bit of the backstory was tedious but I relaize some of it's points were important. I enjoyed the rest of it.

I'm glad it wasn't one of those macho, over-the-top revenge stories. This was probably, minus some screaming, a more realistic tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Lame

That is 5 minutes of my life I won't get back! The story was about nothing and didn't go anywhere and was full of far too much backgrond information that added nothing to the story. I read on in the hope it would take a twist or turn and become half exciting! Sadly that didnt happen.

Stii_AnonymousStii_Anonymousabout 12 years ago
Very realistic

Thoroughly enjoyed this story. One of the most realistic storylines on Lit. You did a very good job rationalizing Williams actions, although I do think he was lacking emotion when he saw the sex between the wife and lover and at the end of the story. It seemed a little too clinical. All in all much improvement from the first story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Why can't anyone FINISH a story?

.?

RopergirlRopergirlabout 12 years ago
Great read!

Loved this one! Also agree with some of the comments that it was well ended but would love to see a sequel or two just to see how they both end up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good story

Many thanks. I enjoyed it, and it is obvious that you put a lot of thought, and a lot of work into it. Some real lessons to be learned here.

roscovichroscovichalmost 12 years ago
At long last,an inteligent and competent author.

I was amazed at this writer excellent style. All I can say,apart from awarding 5*, that I shall be looking forward to read more of this author. Thank you.

cpetecpetealmost 12 years ago

I have to agree with all the other poster about what a fine story this was. The ending was the most realistic I think I have read on this site. Hubby confronts, wife lies, then makes excuses and finally comes clean. BT had hubby in "Game Over" mode before the conversation, the hubby character was just looking for closure and a few answers in the inal coversation..

Revenge, why bother? BT did well to show Hubby character wanted to move on, no use beating a dead horse. Most cheating marriages end in a wimper, not a bang, as you have written. Should the wife have suffered consquenses (byond the divorce, loss of hubby)? BT did a nice job of showing hubby felt he was her husband, not her parent, not his job to "teach her a lesson."

I do also agree with posters who say you have a Part II available from this tale. Does hubby hook with Maria? X-wife finally find out why John is not married and has a 14 year old son? My best bet would be POV from wife -starting about mid way thru the affair, going thru her getting burned by John, wrapping up with her years later seeing X-hubby and Maria with the 2.5 kids and Maria pregant (but please do make Maria another war widow)

Again thanks for a fine tale. Looking forward to more.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 12 years ago
It was good and real...

I became entranced with Maria at the first and his unintentional cheating, and what it cost him. I did not take his relationship with Julie quite as serious, especially in the way you described it as being. It was her making the decisions and providing the friends, the house, and the job for him. It appeared by your description that he was just going along for the ride. He was not that wounded I think, because he still wanted to correct his previous mistake with Maria and knew he could get over Julie easy enough. As you described...they were not "in love" anymore.

I went through this myself in my first marriage and recognized the events. My first wife cheated when I was gone all the time and we had lost touch with each other. She found another to keep her company though she did not want to divorce me. She only became remorseful when I had left her for another. This is personally what I look for in these stories:

You are a very good writer and will become even better I can tell. I know you put a lot of thought into this story. I think you are a considerate and feeling person as well. A while back you were the only one that answered a plea comment from an anon that asked a somewhat personal question about betrayals in general, betrayals other than cheating.

Thank you for this story BTTap. OldMarineVet - RonRWood

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks RRW

Glad you liked the story, and I remember the anon comment you referenced.

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for your service.

BTW-I will have a couple of new stories out soon.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
Why haven't I seen this before

This was a great story, I'm impressed. BTTap your always commenting about staying together so I thought you were one of those WACC/RACC lovers. This was outstanding, revenge wasn't needed and the marriage wasn't worth fighting for. 5*'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Needs work

Couple of points: The interior dialogue is good and believable, albeit tedious at times. The paragraphs are too long, break them up. When you get to the conversations they flow well but the participants, esp. the final confrontation, seem a little bloodless. Perhaps you worked on this story over a period of time because it appears to consist of different stories stuck together, like you had trouble finding your voice. That said, I gave it a 4 for storytelling. Keep at it, you have the makings of a good writer and I look forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Keep going

Could use a chapter two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
9mm

is always a good solution.

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
chick flick

gave it a 1 BTTap were to begin if your a guy im a monkeys uncle, oh so civilized sit down and discuses betrayal and lies... please... your not a man because the story has zero passion or love shit like this fucks us up and yeah she needed a beating, so you must be a woman because its go guy stupid...you get mad get cold hard and you dont care why! the reading was like pulling teeth "She nodded yes.""Julie, I love you, too. You fucked up. Maybe I did, too"- romance novel clap trap for women by women to ease a guilty mind, Yawn its all so rehashed feminist drivel. you dont have to burn but you dont have to make the male character pussies or some weird cuckold fetish thing, but if it turns your crank on keep writing this style some people like it but give us a feminist warning

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago

Thanks or the effort.

elHosedelHosedalmost 11 years ago
Decently written...

...grammer, spelling, and over all flow was well done.

However, I have to agree with a previous commenter in that the husband doesn't come off as genuine. A little talked about fact with men is ultimately, when wronged, we really (I mean REALLY really) want to hurt something. This guy comes off as a guy being told his lease expires in a month and the landlord doesn't want to renew.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 11 years ago
WHY???

Did you stop??? Obviously there's more to the story.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 11 years ago
Good story

No unrealistic scenarios (millionaires, ex-SEAL, etc.) Just a plausible situation.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Just right. Not too hard, not too soft.

Finally an author who knows how to deal with a cheating wife, gently divorce her. No humiliation, no revenge. No crying, no attempt at reconciliation. No last fuck for lean times ahead, no eating creampie. Just promptly let her go, and no looking back. Just right. I like it.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Great Tale

It didn't have any of the revenge usually associated with these tales. It was more real than fiction. It could happen. It isn't exciting but that makes it even more appealing. No bullshit. Just reality. You cheat, you get divorced. Cut and dry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Does 100's comments a month here

make you a no-life cockless loser? yep, proof is in the pudding, and betrayed loves him some pudding.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 10 years ago
Flat

No emotion...just boring, I hated the wife in this story.

amyyumamyyumover 10 years ago
Regarding your email re Tough Love

I didn't want to send a reply email. Of course you can do anything you want and I have no right to complain, but it was very nice and polite of you to ask. Please go ahead,and I hope you get better reception than I did (ha, ha -- not that I care)!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You Could Really Use An Editor

To trim some of that excess backstory down a bit, but great effort. Plus, mad props for name-checking Prince. Always dug The Gold Experience.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
A taste of his own medicine

Funny how many cheaters can't stand the taste of their own medicine! Now he knew how Maria had felt years before.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fairly good story.

Seemed pretty realistic. You could have used an editor to help with some of the passages. The ending felt like real life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
u cud reely use

a author trainin

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thanks

To me, this one calibrates closer to reality than most. No drama, no revenge, realistic levels of pain, and prompt, decisive resolution. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Haha

another wimp ass got blindsided with all the 'I love you' crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Not what I expected

Based on the Loving Wives genre, I hope the couple would sort things out and move on. At least Julie tried to beg for another chance just like William did when he first cheated on Maria.

But the funny thing is he might go for the role of seducing Maria (prolly someone else's wife) by FB friendship request.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Your wrote a story about a guy who is completely DEAD

He has no life, no self respect, no energy, no motivation, no feelings, and he wouldn't even pass a basic pysch exam. I wouldn't want this pathetic excuse for a person to be an employee, a friend, neighbor, father or spouse. Of course in reality it is the author BTTap who is a complete waste since this guy is just in your imagination.

It's a reflection.. a reflection on your sad and pathetic life. You show NO, not some, not a little, absolutely NO passion in this story... not one sentence, not one word.

I had hoped that you went on to do something about your life... but I see you didn't. Very sorry for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
written like a woman

in other words it sucks, no emotion by the male, and the self dialogue is pure pro female, men dont feel or get upset and really like a......British guy or mm or so many other pussy writers on this sight it was all his fault and she deserves her freedom?

personally she needs a beating a physical reflection of the emotional pain, women fear physical violence but they are so socially equipped to deal with emotional damage, and this is the opposite for men, so destroy her belief in a safe world for awhile, she had no mercy or respect for him return the favor,

violence can send a message, destroy her social protection email the pics to her friends and family, mercy is for the weak not a cheating healthy wife, to think otherwise is the reason terrorists win....you do not show respect to a fire or show compassion to it you put it out, 7 1/2 billion people time to say no!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story

I don't see a wimp of a husband, at least no coward. The story shows the husband working lots of his time on the road? His actions were tops, comes home early, discovers the truth and does his own surveillance work. The wife was the main issue, her lack of respect, trust and willingness to fulfill her commitment to the marriage. When times were tough she moved into the arms of another man without ever considering her husband. The highlight was capturing their sexual encounter on camera how priceless is that. Now, in real life, a man or husband such as depicted would smile at her and simply say lie about me and I destroy you... fucking destroy you. But, your lover is going to be toast no matter what. For me, I do not condone cheating. Divorce and move on.. if there is love there, just be friends with benefits until someone special comes along. In a time that so many fight for same sex marriage, I would like to see laws protecting and enforcing marriage. This business owner would stand to loose so much had such laws been in place. I wonder if he would consider a married woman again after losing half of his investments to the husband on alienation of affection. I am however curious just whom posted a Friend Request Accepted, I am betting that Maria was that friend

gdjohn52gdjohn52almost 9 years ago

Isnt it funny that women are always have lame excuses for be "intellectual", What a cunt

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
not a wimp but a fucking moron

I never can figure out why the guy fucking moves. He didn't cheat so why is the man always fucking leaving make the bitch leave

EddboyEddboyover 8 years ago
house is in her name

to the anon who posted last.. its technically her house which you'd know if you read the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
cheating

its so horrible how now alienation of affection is in the past now a single guy can sleep with somones wife with little to no repurcussions

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Friend Request?

What Friend Request? How did that get into the story? Ah! Maria! Again! BS! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What the guy gets off scottfree?

Not if it was me. I would first have a good alibi, then I would get a couple of my acquaintance (not close friends) to pay him a visit. The acquaintances would be guys who's girlfriends/wifes cheated on them. Thus they would really like to hurt this guy! Just break all of his fingers and toes. This doesn't represent severe bodily harm. You haven't hurt him badly but he now knows not to do that again.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 7 years ago
@ last wannabe thug comment

You have an theoretically excellent plan. Too bad all your friends are idiots like you and would no doubt leave a plethora of evidence leading to their ( and your ) inevitable conviction. If only you had one strong and smart buddy who could do the job solo . But nahhh. They're all weak losers ( which is why superior manpower is essential to overwhelm solitary lothario).

If only you had better friends ...but for that to happen you would have to be a better man . But if you were a better man , your woman wouldn't have wandered off in first place. What a bitch. This is all her fault. If only you could get a better girlfriend. ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Slamdogs butthurt outburst was more entertaining

Than the story I just skimmed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
wannabe thug or wannabe cuck?

both are virgins, both have neckbeards, both live in mommy's basement, both read/spank/leave a nasty comment on every cuck story on the site...

I think we have a winner!

LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Another story with absolutely no ending........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
1*

Needed an ending where he moved the fuck on and forgets the tramp. No ending? One star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Skimmed it

Just another sucky Cuck story. Get a life.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Not bad

I have enjoyed all BBTap's stories , except for the cuckold crap. Although I would like a stronger husband, I enjoyed this one also.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
UNBELIEVABLE

...that you got 100% approval from Harry in Virginia. I do not remember a comment from him with no criticism. I totally agree with HIV, and I do not remember that happening before.

The confrontation that HIV approves may be the best I've read -- and that includes MANY Loving Wives stories.

This story drops from 5 to 4 stars because of problems already elaborated on -- too wordy backstory (I skimmed) and an ending that, though good, is insufficient.

The story writing and dialog is actually quite good.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Entirely waaaaaay too much explaining and talking by him at the end. Honestly, he basically dredged up everything that has already been talked about the first 2 pages. After a while, it becomes tedious.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
This had a very... real feel to it.

Wish it it could have been a little more exciting; maybe “pulled” me in emotionally a little more. Haven’t given much thought on how just yet, so no suggestions. Else I’d have given it one more star.

4-stars.

calibammacalibammaover 4 years ago
Bad ending

Other than the bad ending, it was a nice story I gave it 4 ⭐️ and I favorited it...you know we all wanted to know Mary history and how they fared.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really!!

Julie is such an idiot - and of course , a slut as well! She gets no physical satisfaction with the asshole, so how long will the connection last before she cheats again?! A well told story and quite realistic. Could have had another chapter, going into the aftermath of the divorce. Still, a good story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous