All Comments on 'Guilty'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 357 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
NFW!

Me, I’d if packed up my stuff and left for Mexico or Canada. Where ever!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just another DUMB CUCK saga!

1*

Nuff said.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnatealmost 5 years ago
Commit to the Bit; This Didn't Go All The Way

You've chosen to modernize the Story of Job, and that's not an easy one to bring up-to-date. If you're going to write a parable, you've got to be careful. The elements that make a classic story into one which can passed down over generations need to be in place, otherwise, you're just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. You didn't commit to the parts which make Job such a powerful idea; the original is about why good people are punished. It's timeless.

First of all, Carl was not elevated as high as Job, so his fall isn't as precipitous. But you did succeed in bringing him low in a very modern way (although the circumstances of this fall were, ... well, to call it 'contrived' is like calling the Taj Mahal 'a shack'); this was horribly done - there needed to be machinations to bring him down, since the righteous are not punished haphazardly (Job's defense). They are brought down by schemes. You needed Job's HaSatan, an Adversary. It was surprising that you didn't use this, since you had the means to do so in place - Tim.

Tim was a 1D, paper-thin villain as you wrote him, so even his eventual downfall was a misfire. If you made Tim into a schemer who actually was part of the pornographers and molesters (or had knowledge of them), and was going to turn on them so that he was intentionally missing from that night, and setting Carl up to be arrested so that he could get Megan, then you have a worthy HaSatan. Seriously, the cops arrived just as Carl was on the job, and it wasn't a set up? Someone didn't drop a dime? And Tim could've planted evidence on Carl's computer or something? And then his plans are revealed in the end... This was an epic opportunity that was missed.

Next, the point of the parable, the theological discussion of suffering and why even the just must suffer is mildly discussed, except instead of insight into the inner workings of the universe, suffering here is to ensure that some guy gets $10.5M. Welp, OK. It's something, maybe a form of divine justice. Not really weighty stuff though. But if you're not looking into the Universal Watchmaker, again, you have Tim to help you, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife". Could've used that one here with Tim working from afar for a long time, as well? Hmmmm.

Anyways, the person who got screwed here was Karen. I think with a wink and a nod, you could have made her into a stand-in for a higher source, and her helping Carl and then coming up short once he reunites inevitably with Megan is the universe trying to make good for the bullshit heaped onto a decent (but none-too-smart) guy. Again, this is a parable of a parable (which I have written about as well), so you'd not be out of line with a literal Deus ex (femme) machina.

And forgiveness was given out like candy on Halloween, with everyone getting a pass for atrocious behavior. At that point in the story, why the fuck not? Sure. It's a theme of the story at this point. Even in the Peanuts cartoons, Charlie Brown got a rock at Halloween. Surely someone, anyone, deserved a rock from Carl? The wife? The daughter? "Thou shalt honor thy mother and father?" No? Really?

There was somethings to like; for some reason, Megan's market confession went along way for me to keep me from completely dumping on this story (Carl seemed to like it too) but too much was promised and not enough was delivered.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I just need to know...

Did she get the buttplug?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Best story I’ve read on this site.

Excellent job!! Few other stories have come close.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nope

No sane person would ever get back into a relationship with a family or with friends who treated him like they treated him.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Wow

Thought I needed to read the original before reading the new one. I have never seen a more complete turn around. From everyone dumping him like yesterday's garbage to begging to have him back. Hard to believe that he would reconcile, but they did seem repentant. I'm not sure that I could do it, but it is a very interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Total bulshit/ betrayed,stabbed in the back ,shit on,dumped, divorced,cleaned out .etc

And the way you wrote this ,you let him take her back. Bulshit.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60over 4 years ago
Weak

The lead character was written as weak, weak as "wet toast", once the wife divorced him, then bedded another, all ties should have been severed, no slithering back into his life. Only gave it 3 Stars because of the flogging the media took.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A Loser

Steve2244, you have created an interesting story while managing to create a total loser. Why would anyone from his past suddenly want to beg forgiveness for the way they treated Kurt? I can come up with ten million or so. They dumped him when he needed support and now that his checking account has swollen they found a reason to acknowledge their rash actions and beg forgiveness. Hell, I wouldn’t even trust Karen; his new found friend with benefits. Dump them all and don’t forget the past. As Winston Churchill said while paraphrasing George Santayana; “Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it”.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
wtf

was that lol wow how did u write "Marked" i read 5 of ur stories so far and i can tell english isnt ur first language and apparently neither are ur editors a lot of messed up words that dont belong in the sentences. every main male character in the 5 stories i read are borderline mentally handicapped. this one was really bad why did he forgive, u gave us no reason for his forgiveness. dont worry u wont get another comment from me im moving on

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
enderlocke27 It is clear that English is not your first language

If "u" sic like, English and grammar lessons can be provided for "u" (sic) to help make sure "ur" comments make sense.

AntiMMAntiMMover 4 years ago
wtf 2

im wit enderloke what up yo learn good english like endurelock so people be better talkers ur editors be broke yo like they forin like u lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
NFW!

Me, I'd of told all of them to take a flying leap off a cliff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sure, why not? Apparently he has no better alternative.

Hey, if they can make it work and be happy why grumble? Of course Karen was the much better woman, in every possible way. But she wasn't The One for him. Which is probably lucky for her. If you think this guy is a complete dumb shit and loser then you should be happy that a faithless whore like Megan ends up with a complete dumb shit for a husband, right?

I am. Thanks for the effort.

Can't wait when he finds out that Megan aborted Tim's child after she found out how rich Carl had become. Women; if it wasn't for that hole between their legs they would be extinct.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Problem.

I have a problem with this story,which is if he was a child molester,the one person who would know would have been his wife.Also the the way every one dumped him he should not have taken up with them again.What sort of shitty parents did he have,who disowned him without speaking to him.?Also why did he not she the police for wrongful arrest,it would have been quite easy to verify his statement if they had tried.?

Bandana49Bandana49over 4 years ago
Really?

I mean... really? Of all the litmus tests this is the ultimate one. That's what a spouse signs up for when you marry...

However, if this story is meant to create ambiguous feelings among the readers, I congratulate you on your talent. If, and this seems more realistic., you truly feel this way then I pity you...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Scored higher than it should be

I screwed up and hit too many stars on this one. Too bad I can't correct that mistake.

No way should the man ever talk to his family again. They did him worse than the law!

Remorse? Fuck their remorse! He was victimized as bad as it could get.

But he was lucky. He moved on and found a woman who treated him with respect, love and lust. Isn't that what we all want?

There are some things you don't reconcile on. Absolute betrayal is one of those things. And his family absolutely betrayed him.

Story would've been better by letting the man continue with his new found life with the love lust and respect he deserved, absent of betrayal.

GillotineGillotineover 4 years ago
Same shit as last Anon

Usually my fat thumbs give a lower score than I intend. Only disagreement is the love part. Both he and Karen said it wasn't love, just friends with benefits.

KRD19254KRD19254about 4 years ago

2* and that is generous; this is the lowest score I've ever given. The writing is OK, but this BTB-RAAC is prosperously unreal fantasy. A family that so utterly abandons him to suffer solitary imprisonment waiting for trial - ALL due to an inadequate/biased legal support that in-affect adds time to his pre-trial confinement.

He ONLY sues the TV networks (and I hope Newspapers) but not the City/DA/Police??? As an independent plumber he would still have to have a Govt plumbers license/certificate, insurance, and even bonding. They never found his truck with plumbing tools outside the crime scene - incompetent police/dicks!!!

He is just to gullible and needs to be taken to the cleaners, again, taking Megan back after she knowingly poses for a Tim-Megan infidelity fuck picture to further Curt's anguish. She is NOW a $10M gold digger and so is Lara (now getting a free college ride - apple don't fall to far from that mother/daughter tree).

Then he does nothing to Tim (the stalker - the harasser - her paramour)? They do not seek the police to register his threats and harassment attempts. Remember, Tim followed Curt to his new City/residences to stalk/harass (before Megan/Lara moved ever came to Curt's new home/area).

Then to dump Karen like that - Curt deserves all the shit he got and he will get. Like Tim coming to Curt/Megan front door with a gun - we already know Tim is psychotic living a fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Why would they think they could be forgiven

So let me get this straight. This “family” dumps him when he most needs them and then come hat in hand whining about how weak they were. Fuck that. What will they do next time. His ex-wife is worse than the others letting some slime ball fuck her. He should tell them all to duck off, go find another sucker. When his wife moved close he could afford to either ruin her or just move away. So unrealistic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
this story is proof that scores in the site are tampered.

i've found many stories that score higher than they should. This one is the obvious proof that they pumping up the numbers. Reading comments it's obvious this story should be around 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Bad Ending

Mostly a good story until the end. Why was Karen cast aside?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

No reason to leave Karen who is really loving and would never cheat on him because she is too good of a person. Megan cheated on him and then bled him dry in divorce court. Why would he put himself in that position again? The price she pays is no marriage- that's what she wanted, that's what she should have to live with.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 4 years ago
The problem I had was that . . .

. . . the police had a list of suspects, and he wouldn’t have been on it. Even the worst detective would have checked out his story and realized that his story was probably true. The house would have been searched forensically and it would have been discovered that his fingerprints were nowhere except the living room, kitchen and plumbing.

This kind of case is one that everyone in law enforcement would want to make airtight, and everything would have been investigated and checked thoroughly and by the book. The last thing the police, district attorney and even the state attorney general would want would be such an obvious foul up to become public. He’d have been cleared in just days, not months.

As for suing the media, all the media did was to report who was arrested and why . . . and he was one of the ones arrested. The media were reporting the truth, and that’s a perfect defense; they did nothing wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This Happened To Me

Now, let me tell you what really happened. I served two years of a five-year term...a felony conviction of what should have been only a misdemeanor. When I got out my wife had been granted a separation. My family was split. Half distanced themselves from me. Same with life-long friends. My house had been rented to someone else. My truck had been sold. I found my car out in the woods. I had the clothes on my back. My bank account had been emptied. My tools had been sold. My wife had moved her first ex-husband in with her. I had one brother and one family of friends that gave me much needed support. It has been 10 years since I was released. Not much has changed. Oddly enough, my best friends now are policemen. Several of them have told me that if I was ever to be a problem for them, it would have happened in the first three years after I was released. They say that my chances of returning to jail are about the same as John Q Citizen being arrested for a crime.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Agree with ReedRichards and others. But after saying that.

Look at child care case in Las Vegas years back.

Lost everything jail etc years later exonerated

But I agree wrote you off

Stay with Karen

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Should Have Stayed Dead to Him!

Family?! In his time of need they dropped him,in cruelly insulting ways,when he needed them most. FUCK them!Dead to him forevermore! ~ He should have slammed the door in their collective faces when they showed up in his new life! (How the fuck can you ever forgive that kind of instant betrayal?!) ~ The whole thing regarding Tim,and his desire and subsequent success in slipping the tube steak to wifey is inconsequential to treatment given by his family when he needed them most! The ending was a bit of crapola unless her cunt was the perfect velvet sleeve for his mighty meat of at least 12 inches.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Reading again. One of the most unlikely reconciliations ever written in LW, but the author makes it work.

gfrhgfrhover 3 years ago
I couldn't finish

I stopped reading when you had the MC fuck his ex after the grocery store. You got a 1 star for that move by making him a cheater. He wasn't married, but he was in a relationship.

nestorb30nestorb30over 3 years ago

They say truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense. The arrest and conviction made no sense. His reconciliation with his family was downright delusional. Now the actual writing was well done,unfortunately the plot line subtracts substantially from the story.

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerover 3 years ago
Heal

I've been reading loving wife stories. It hurt so much, but this makes me feel good again. I love the story. You should make it 10 pages because the reconcilation was too fast and the mastermind is still free.

We sometimes make mistake because we can't foresee the consequences of our action. What matters is what we do to fix it.

Free yourself guys from hatred.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nestorb30 and gfrh said it.

Suspended reality?

Blew it into next galaxy.

Humor and satire? No

Fantasy? Possible.

Next story hope better.

Of course hard not to be

jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sooo

She abandons him. She cheats on him.

Knowing he is innocent she waits months to contact him.

Or perhaps when news of his millions reached them they suddenly went to him.

These are the thoughts a guy would have in real life.

I didn't see anything in the story to justify the ending.

Good writing though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story, right up to.........

......the grocery store, really, after all he was put through, they lived happily ever after, no wonder they call this fiction, in real life he wouldn't have given her the time of day, started well, but author bottled it, 1* only

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not my experience

I don't know a.single person in the real world who would have any relationship with their friends or family in this scenario. In fact, the entire meeting on the back deck of the guy's new house rang true. That's how most men handle those situations. Then you politely make it clear they are no longer welcome. I got sick of my family's antics years ago. I just stopped talking to them. I have nothing to do with them. Haven't for over a decade. My life is so much more peaceful. No need for anger. No need for drama. Definitely no need for BTB. Just disinterest. This is pretty common. I know people who were cheated on who polite with their exes. They're adults. But no way would any of them ever remarry their exes, much less even allow them to step foot into their house. Life is too short for that drama.

What I'm saying is that nobody would ever have anything more than a coldly distant relationship with their wife, daughter, former friends and family after being treated like the main character was. So, the ending pissed me off. A better ending would be him exchanging Christmas cards, and nothing more, with his ex-wife and daughter for the rest of his life.

helix247helix247over 3 years ago

Oddly flat, formulaic and conventional RAAC from one of the most talented and imaginative writers on this site.

Don't let this piece put you off from reading stev2244's other work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Second reading

Reading this for the second time, the story is great up to the point where his ex family and friends show up with a half assed apology and he lets them all back into his life. They all dumped him and wanted him out of their lives forever. It is fine to forgive them for being abandoned but don’t let them back into your life. They already proved their true feelings and total lack of respect.

Instead of this weak RAAC garbage it would have been a better story if Curt has looked at the group said “you’re forgiven. Now stay out of my life.” And slammed the door in their face.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A családi látogatás után már nem tetszett ...

Nagyon lerontotta az írás értékét ,hogy az összes csaló családot és barátot visszafogadta kegyelmébe...!Akik "hátba szúrták" a bajban ,bármikor újra megtennék!!!"Aki csaló ,mindig csaló" soha többé nem bízhat meg bennük!!!

CSXaviCSXaviover 3 years ago
I see similarities...

between this one and his other story with the groupie wife....

Wife does something terible obviously unforgivable, but somehow manages to reconcile and get back with the husband by taking on a slave-like role in their new relationship...

Virgo6Virgo6over 3 years ago
I was entertained

Until the ex’s showed up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
4 Stars

He Should have left her on the Curb ..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great Story BUT

Great story, but ruined by the last page and a half.

Would have been MUCH better If he had done what most of us would have done, ie. told his ex wife "Don't bother speaking to me until you have replaced my 50 percent of the value of our house plus my share of savings and investments into this (my new) account....

The way you ended it, she ends up with the whole value of the house, all the savings and all the investments, plus she gets to play with his new found wealth.

We all (I hope) know that these stories are works of fiction BUT they should at the very least be believable..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

She'd have known what it's like to be up schitt's creek. I'd give neither one the sweat off my ass. They could eat shit and die...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent writing. BUT, if those people would have done that to me, they'd all pay dearly, more than dearly. That law officer that put his knee on my back to hurt and humiliate me, would probably just disappear. Curt has more forgiveness in his finger than I would have, if I had 2 bodies!

RanDog025RanDog025about 3 years ago

I liked the story and gave it 5 stars but thought his reconciling with the X was too much. Just because she was beautiful and had a great body? Maybe for the daughter! Who knows!

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 3 years ago

Just fucking ignorant, the main character is as big of a weak assed cuck as the husband in February Sucks. What the fuck is it with these writers? Is their testosterone level really that low?.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Did he make Megan sign a prenup?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I couldn't finish this shit

I've read 2 of your stories now, well one and a half, which is more than enough for me to realize that I will not be reading any more of them. I'd say thanks for the offering, but I'd be lying.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Not terrible but the ending was way too abrupt. That level of pain doesn't go away that fast. I could see him getting back together with his ex but slowly. This needed another chapter of the MC and Megan having reconciliation, I love reconciliation stories but I think it needs earned, Megan and his family and friends did not earn it. Still not a bad story, just went by too fast towards the end so I gave it 4 stars.

lukeshortlukeshortalmost 3 years ago
TOO SUDDEN

Someone who has been betrayed and abandoned by family doesn't forgive that quickly. Ending is not believable. Good story up to the ending. 3* (loss of 1*)

IainmoreIainmorealmost 3 years ago

This is a poor effort compared to most of your other stories. Your MC gets stabbed in back and turns into a pussy whipped poodle.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
The problem with him accepting their apologies...

...is they turned on him within hours. Sure, if it was as they describe it many many months later, that it was after many days, if not weeks, of public exposure and pressure? Ok, I could understand flipping on him.

But wife, daughter, and parents turned on him by the first set of phone calls he made, which was within 12 hours. That is unacceptable. So fuck ‘em.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Interesting plot with one of the most absurd, offensive, implausible RAACs I've read. No sane man would take Megan back, ever. Just another LW husband written as a weak, needy, cuck of a man. The betrayal of Karen is also appalling.

Leejeff5456Leejeff5456almost 3 years ago
How fucking stupid

I would not have anything to do with those assholes ever again

RandomcarrotRandomcarrotalmost 3 years ago

Could have been great if everyone that turned their back on him actually had to earn his forgiveness and the reconciliation, as it stands his time in prison takes more words on the page than their actions to earn back the right to even have a relationship with the MC, let alone the happy ending.

The drama of of them establishing a relationship with him, with set backs and progress with some justifiable rage and lashing out by the MC at every step towards the end goal with the looming threat of the MC being able to cut off all contact and disappear due to his wealth from the lawsuits could have been so juicy, same really for Karen building up the MC and dealing with the severe trust and abandonment issues he would be having before his ex's contacted him.

Feels like the story should easily have been 10+ pages from the setup but was finished and wrapped up way too quickly.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Would have been much better if he had beaten Tim to a bloody pulp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Poorly crafted after a decent start; the writing just deteriorated with each passing paragraph. Throw in a completely unrealistic outcome and you have what is to be expected. Nothing.

DrgwngDrgwngover 2 years ago

This was just terrible, completely stupid. One of the best wimp male characters seen yet. Garbage.

GillotineGillotineover 2 years ago

There is no way he would be charging $50 for a plumbing service call. Especially an after hours emergency service call. Looking at $150 or more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I seem to be in a large majority who really enjoyed the story right up until Megan re-appeared, fluttered her overly made-up eyelids and they dive straight into bed. I wish I had stopped reading at that point.

I understand the concept of forgiveness and reconciliation but the wounding parties here (ex-wife, ex-daughter, ex-parents) really got off absurdly lightly despite having completely abandoned Curt when he needed them most.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Wrong

Wrong out come,he should have sent Megan and all packing when they turned up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It always amazes me how so many readers seem to know exactly what a man (presumably every man) would do in the same situation as if they are the mould from which all men are made.

News flash. Men come in all shapes and sizes (emotionally as well as physically) and some men (in common with the hero of the story) hardly have a vindictive bone in their body, find forgiveness easy and recognise that accepting a repentant's love will make them far happier than giving in to pride and revenge.

I'm not sure I'd be as forgiving as Carl but that doesn't stop me from recognising this as a rather charming and accomplished tale of love overcoming betrayal and winning in the end.

LA

bigurnbigurnover 2 years ago

WTF ? Maybe, the Daughter gets forgiven... After all she was a child. A bullied child at the time. The best that the adults could hope for would be acknowledgement, if we saw each other in passing.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Interesting little tale, the actual police action is not believable (I hope) although I can believe it of the media. I'd hate to think my familyand friends would react as this story says. I like the story and give it a five but I wouldn't piss on any of that rat pack if they were on fire.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Poor ending. Of course, the fact that he now has $10M has got nothing to do with the ex- family wanting reconciliation at all, has it?

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

its the norm for this writer

msethjmsethjover 2 years ago

Nope, hell no, screw those people

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

RAAC/ CUCK stories make me sick!!! How could he EVER let her return??!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ending sux

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 2 years ago

Whole story was a nightmare.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The man's an idiot for taking any of those people back into his life. No way.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

I almost gave you 5 stars but for him to take any of those people back into his life was highly improbable. If there is a true friend ship and true love and trust being part of those emotions then none of those people would have believed what was being said about him. There is no forgiveness for what they did no mater what kind of pressure's they were under from the news, neighbors, friends and relatives. You either believe in somebody or you don't. I could see him forgiving them but never having any kind of close relationship again. Be civil and polite but that's it was a good story up until he let them back into his life. How could you ever trust them again?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story until the ending and then you took a U-turn and the ending was horrible. How does a destroyed man forgive the destroyers??? Not happening.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lost 10 minutes of my life for this rubbish. Won't bother with the other 33 stories. I'm getting old!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So they wanted him back?

Wonder if the news reports of his money had anything to do with it?

No way would a guy take them back

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

absolute nonsense. I did not get past the first chapter it was that bad..In real life(1) he never would have been in jail longer than a day over given circumstance.(2)His story would have been investigated and backed up immediately. Wife would have confirmed the call and his trade man certificate his trade.(3)police would follow up to confirm his plumber business through neighbours and past clients..So why would a reader continue knowing more rubbish is ahead...story simply to bad to continue to read..as an author if this is a sample of your story telling,give it up.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

You were doing ok up until he reunited with his wife. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I guess there is no accounting for utter idiocy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

nice.

lujon2019lujon2019about 2 years ago

pity he was nothing but a cuck in the end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok, so it was a 'happy ending'.

Why do I feel so unsettled about it then?

It's not the writing, that's fine. It's the action.

It would not be the outcome of I were the protagonist. Not that I know what the outcome would be, but this would not be it.

Se la vie

fredbrownfredbrownabout 2 years ago

What's with the plot where he forgives the rats that deserted the ship?

Oh no, no way, not me! I'd wish them a miserable life of bunions, piles, acne, and dental abscesses, hell let's throw in premature baldness and multiple interviews with the IRS for good measure!

Not to say I'm the unforgiving sort but they deserve everything I could think up .......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Meh, that went south during the 2nd half of page 4

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Clever idea for a story line but it was a horrible ending to take her back

bbdambbdamalmost 2 years ago

Love this story. Have read it multiple times and still enjoy it! :D

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3almost 2 years ago

I can get forgiving the people who betrayed you the most, after years of having time to consider it. I cannot get allowing them back in your life for any reason. They were devastated by the news and presumed guilt, sure, but they still betrayed their son/husband/father/friend in the worst way imaginable.

Oh, the father is in bad health? Too bad, so sad. Perhaps if he had talked to his son during the whole thing then it wouldn't have been as detrimental to his health.

Oh, the daughter really does love her daddy and wants him back? Where was that attitude when he was locked up?

Oh the wife was miserable and "alone". She should have known her husband better than anyone, and yet she wasn't alone for her one little mishap. She abandoned the man she claimed to love without even a chance.

What did these people do to actually earn forgiveness and a place in his life? They showed up at his door with a "We're Sorry" sign? Nah, doesn't cut it.

Letting go of the anger and hatred over this betrayal is one thing, it certainly does take a lot of time and effort. But allowing them back into your life with just a few contrite words? Nope.

Aside from the absolute horrible ending, there was a good plot here to make a great story. Unfortunately, we didn't get a great story at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

fucked up story!!!! 1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He wants commitment but cannot commit to Karen who got him back onto his feet and to be human again. He is a hypocrite.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Clever, well-written story until he went brain dead and accepted her back. That's a betrayal too far to ever return from.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Guy is a complete fool to let them back in to his life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

it sucks. All his ex wants is the money

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story but terrible ending. So wimpy, stupid, tremendously soft-hearted. Just forgive everyone after all the hell they put him thru. Read the alternative story hoping for better revenge at least, definitely & utterly disappointed.

Better stop writing all together if all you can write are wimpy ending. Regretted reading 😡😠🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Have to agree with previous commentators. A clever and original story that was ruined by the ending.

NEVER would any man in his right mind take her back.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 2 years ago

Implausible garbage ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoy this clever little feel-good Romance as a lite read, but only if you can suspend concepts of reality. If you want to argue with the author about the reality of a fairy tale you will be highly disappointed. I rated it about a 4.4/

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not really sure why all the vitriol. Yes the wife and daughter and family shunned him and cut him off. But the media made it all look damning. The MC got railroaded with a subpar attorney and Tim helping to set things up. Yes the wife "cheated" on him with Tim. She was lonely, sad, miserable, lost her husband, and filed for a divorce knowing he would be in prison. She was utterly devoted to him after finding him again. She despised Tim, who was a vile serpent and probably helped stoke the rhetoric surrounding the MC's arrest. The media and Tim and a zealous justice system manipulated this family into their worst selves. And the hangup on the one time sex with Tim post divorce filing is not the crux. It was the abandonment when he really needed it. As Karen said it was destined for reconciliation when she saw the wife look at the MC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I know he's a millionaire, but I'd still sue for half their assets, just on general principles.

\

Even without Tim, what they all did was simply unforgivable. That he was able to say the words is admirable, but that doesn't mean that he should have anything to do with them.

\

"most of all I felt just so very alone." - Think how alone Curt was! She wouldn't have been so a.one if she stood by her husband.

\

"Shit. I didn't want to argue." - No, he's exactly right.

\

"But the crime you were accused of was just so horrible." - Yes, with NO evidence, and she HAD to know it was a mistake.

\

As others have said, how could they have already been under such pressure to dump him when he had just been arrested, and as for how horrible the crime was, that's the true test: It's easy to stand by someone when they're accused of a minor crime. if you really love someone you'll stand by them no matter what, at LEAST until they're convicted, sometimes even after!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous