All Comments on 'Guilty'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 357 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This just proves to get the facts by listening. All too often innocent persons are sent to prison and guilty ones are not convicted. Even if he was found guilty, he would have been innocent except his life would have been hell. How many persons are driven to take a plea bargain as it's a lesser sentence and admit guilt. I would not out of principle. It this story what was not checked is when the plumbing job was booked. That would have been some proof as to when he got to the house. As it was raided quickly, he could show them his phone when the call came in. I feel somewhat sorry for Karen, I feel she deserved more

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WITH HIS NEW WEALTH, WHY DIDN'T HE USE THE SAME LAW COMPANY TO GO AFTER TIM!! SOME PARTS WERE STUPID, NO GREY CELLS USED

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Curt the cuck with shit for brains!! He dumps Karen to take back the slut Megan!!

WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!

1 🌟

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 1 year ago

A good story about abandonment & reconciliation. Thank-you for this story. Not sure I could reconcile after such betrayal. Forgive, yes, but to trust them again? Doubtful.

-

I had a thought. Curt, the MC, sued the media as he should, but, he should have filed a complaint against the judge who presided over his divorce. Curt was treated as if he was already convicted. His complaint would be his Constitutional Rights were violated. What happened to him being "innocent until proven guilty"?

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Disappointing ending. Her redemption was not earned. Single promise shouldn't be enough for her to be back in his life

Great set up and middle.

Thanks for sharing.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 1 year ago

I've read lots of SciFi; but I don't read mainstream fantasy, which I define as Swords, Sorcerers, and Dragons. I don't read them because they are populated by fantasy characters with magic. Magic doesn't exist, so real people don't act like those characters.

I've rear hundreds of stories by dozens of authors with relatable, believable characters. I've read a handful of this author's stories, and they are difficult to read because none of the characters think, talk, or act like any real people I have known or can imagine.

Put yourself in Curt's shoes. I'll bet 90% of readers, after the 10.5 mil check cleared; would pay someone shady to have put Tim in a wheelchair for life, if not underground.

Family and friends ditched him without listening to ONE WORD. After he is released they try to call but never come to his door for a year. Like his dad says, "Please remember me as the father I've been for you. Not as the weak bastard I've been during this terrible time." Tell them all "Fine. I'll remember the good times. Now GTFO!"

The arrest and detention are ludicrous. He's wearing work clothes. He's got plumber's tools, one in his dirty hand. There's a plumber's truck outside. His phone will show a call received from someone there. The Keystone Cops could figure this out in 5 minutes.

Like the fourth comment previous said, not a lot of grey cells here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I understand what it takes to write a cogent, coherent story.

Pity this author cannot; more to the pity: feckless concept, woefully populated by incredulously stupid characters.

Hence, a stupid non-story.

TOU EFFIN OWE ME MY 10 MINUTES BACK!!

Kilty11Kilty11over 1 year ago

Problem with the anon just prior is that he read the whole story in 10 minutes. Perhaps he should go to a book store and pay for his entertainment. Thanks for the read.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTover 1 year ago

I kept waiting for some meaningfull development to popp up. Didn't come around through..This was plain stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not against reconciliation but not with a woman like Megan who not only had misunderstood but abandoned the man who really needed her the most. Along with this, she'd had slept with someone else, too. She even divorced him.

I didn't understand why Curt had allowed the bitch and dumped a woman like Karen. Probably, he was a pussy and person like him always deserve a slut like Megan.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Dope-ass story I am reading for about the 10th time. Still as good as the first time. Look forward to your next, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

PURE SHIT

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

At least he indeed let her "make amends" in many meaningful ways and didn't take her back without payback for her several betrayals.👿😈

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Quite a different plot from the normal ones on here, it needs sorting out a bit, words missing, probably your not typing as quickly as the brain is going, but a good little story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not sure why peoppe are hung up with Megan sleeping with Tim. Yes it was a bit shitty of her as she had just filed. But it wasn't a betrayal. Thr betrayal was not standing by her husband through such horrific times. But honestly that shit happens. It sucks, but there is a powerful herd mentality that can really feed thr nightmare narrative. He went through hell. No doubt. She and her family suffered but to a much lesser extent. But she then had to deal with her immense guilt for severing all contact and torching him in the divorce. The betrayal is she believed her husband really was a child molester. She let the authorities and media and and the ensuing circus and society sway her to that conclusion. Once a person believes that then her actions while hurtful are entirely rational. The problem is she, just like her whole family, was completely wrong. She certainly was remorseful and penitent and did everything imaginable to make up for it, including moving to his town, uprooting their daughter, and making herself available. That is hard to reject if you are still in love with them. In this way she expected her guilt and he was able to heal. The crap with Tim was surreal. That was like a separate story. The wife felt alone and miserable after filing for divorce and in a moment of vulnerability she slept with Tim, crappy sex to boot, and regretted afterwards but especially when she learned Tim sent a photo yo her ex husband. But she did NOT cheat in terms of adultery. She had filed and he was in jail and the separation was already started. Was it shitty given the timing? Yeah? More so because he was falsely charged with a hideous crime and all alone in jail. He'll yeah. But she didn't create the circumstances that landed him in jail.and be railroaded by the authorities and media. She was simply to weak to stand up for her man. That was her betrayal. But given the circumstances, while disconcerting and sad, she wasn't some evil monster or bitch. She made an honest mistake and caved to mounting pressures from multiple sources, letting the herd convince of her husband's guilt. His story is tragic but he survived it and with her coming back and wanting any sort of relationship in his life, she healed him. So yeah who cares about her one time roll in the bed with Tim? It is insignificant. And not even technical adultery. She feels and about it because of what happened and how she let her husband down, but that is the crux of the story, not fruitcake Tim. Glad to see they reconciled. Unique plot. Creative.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ridiculous RAACs get a 1

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Good story! Don't know why I never commented.

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is a much better story than its rating. Lot of emotion. This is not a RAAC. Both sides paid a huge cost. A lot of wives would have folded under similar circumstances. It sucks but it is true. The MC got railroaded by the authorities and the media. Also in UK, guilty until proven innocent. The whole mentality about how society views the accused is different than in the US. Moreover, being accused a pedophile is the worst thing possible. Not sure why people are hung up on her having (shitty) sex with Tim one time, after she had filed and was in deep depression. Her betrayal was not standing by her man under the accusations and the pressure from the outside, but also friends and family. She wasn't just remorseful. She was penitent. There is a difference. Forgiveness is the best path here. Whether he remarried or not was his choice. She certainly went out of her way to be available for him and communicate with him and own what she did wrong. Seriously, a lot of women would cave under such circumstances and seek a divorce. Equating this to an affair or a trading up scenario is laughable.

nestorb30nestorb30about 1 year ago

Sorry, not sorry. Him taking Meghan back or reconciling with those wretched people who utterly abandoned him and believed the worst of him so quickly bogles them mind and stretches credulity to the point that Hans Christian Anderson would be embarrassed to come up with such a fairy tale. Oh wait, Curt still loves her the trope that explains all.... Curt needs to get his head checked. Repeat after me, love does not make you a doormat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Jesus H Christ are there some truly pathetic and stupid stories in this category.

mstbdscrt1957mstbdscrt1957about 1 year ago

He should have hired bodyguards to protect him from the ex-wife and family. Hell, they just hoping he will die now to collect his millions. Sure glad this is fiction !!!

tomol111tomol111about 1 year ago

Curt is pathetic. No further discussion of a pre-nup? This ending is so clean, it’s thankfully fiction. I still have anger even if curt doesn’t. I hope I forget this story quickly. Oh, btw, you write well, but this story still sucks.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 1 year ago

Wimp always.

As an author, you are not demonstrating much redeaming social value.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a spineless coward. A shit of a man. Stev2244 you depicted the perfect anti-hero. A no-man, a non-human being. Nothing remains from this waste of time and space that is your story. Please, do not write anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Considering how obvious it was that he actually was there as a plumber, it wouldn’t just be lawsuits against the media. He would have a case against the police for wrongful arrest, and against the prosecutors for malicious prosecution. By the time his lawyers were done, the residents of that county would be looking at increased taxes for twenty years to cover the payments.

I would have stayed in the town, and used my money to make everyone’s life HELL!!! Tim would be tortured until he went insane, and then left crippled in front of the hospital. His so called family and friends would be manipulated into losing jobs, homes, and all support. I want them slowly starving under a bridge! The idiot police lose their jobs, and possibly go to prison. Back a candidate to run against the prosecutor in the next election. The pretty news anchor who sneered at him, is now begging to do ANYTHING to keep her job since he bought the local television station.

You decided that I’m evil, so I’m going to be evil to you. Just not the way you falsely accused me.

ZK

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD412 months ago

The single flaw in the reconciliation with Megan was the fact that she never looked back when she flushed him down the drain. The daughter could be excused because she was a child but Megan had spent more than 17 years with him. The same is true for his parents. I know that the author wanted to bring his family back to him the excuse that society made them do it just do not fly. He was a plumber who took small jobs. When was he going to have time to run a child molesting ring? Even if society expected them to cut ties with him the fact that they never took the time to meet once when him means that they believed that he was the scrum of the Earth.

HighBrowHighBrow11 months ago

I really enjoyed this. Great writing. I fell like I was there and knew these people. Great job! Onwards and upwards!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Just yuck

ibuguseribuguser10 months ago

Great story. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The story doesn't make any senses to me.

When I require all of them beside me, they abandoned.

And when I become a millionaire, all of them come to me all along.

And I'm such a weak person that I accept the slut of my ex to make sure I'm a cuckold.

What a stupid story, doesn't worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I couldn't find a through line or even internal logic in this steaming mess

Busman19639Busman196397 months ago

Not very realistic but nonetheless a nice story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story then you ran off the rails to a bad ending.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I truly love this story until it comes to the part he takes his family back.....seriously this would never happen in real life...no person with an inch of self-respect would forgive them. One star

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Shitty ending.

Richard1940Richard19407 months ago

Good story but don't see the ending as realistic

XluckyleeXluckylee7 months ago

An OK beginning but lost all sense of reality half way. 2 stars from

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

And Again We Visit Rod IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!! Sorry could not help it LOL .

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I can maybe see a raac happening, maybe. Unrealistic, but maybe.

What I really don't like, however, is how Karen is used as a placeholder until he's built up enough to handle being with Megan again. I hated that.

NallusNallus7 months ago

I (mostly) agree with Anon/ZK from 6 months ago, burn those who burned him.

Make his parents and wife stand at upper end malls wearing boards with big letters,

I AM A STUPID BITCH DAUGHTER/MOTHER/FATHER WHO FALSELY BELIEVED THIS MAN WAS GUILTY WHEN HE WAS INNOCENT.

They'd have to do that in pairs during Holiday shopping. After they did that penance I'd feel they'd have experienced a fraction of the scorn he'd received, but still without the FEAR of a life of ALONENESS and punishment for something he was innocent of.

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Meh. Sure forgive them but never forget. Just stay away from them afterwards. Remarry her no f’n way. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow so many commenters who live by Hammurabic law. "Eye for an eye", burn all who hurt me!

Anyways good story. Really felt for the accused. The betrayal was by his family believing him capable of such a thing, but the authorities and the media and the public all jumped to conclusions and bludgeoned them with that over and over. Regardless her sleeping once with the asshole predator "friend" is a minor footnote to a bigger tragedy. Why shouldn't he find happiness again? This is not the usual loving wives / cheating scenario. But whatever, you do you!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Dear author why do your stories all have a wimpy cuck husband? Do you secretly like this type of wimpy MC husband? Seriously, the family disown him without any plausible clause, let's no go into his wife and daughter, the daughter i can understand, but no way in hell he takes back or is still in love with his wife, sigh.. with his character, he deserves to be cucked again and dear author if you're a married man and your behavior is such as portrayed in this wimpy cuck husband, I worry about you.. watch out for your wife

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sure it's his wife, love can't be turned on and off like a switch, but to still love her that deeply with all the abandonment, and the divorce and living life .. and to feel jealous for her wow, author you're one sick guy. No guy would ever I mean ever love her again or to even take her back, you're sick author get help

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown5 months ago

Well this was a fuckin joke. First why not also sue the state/county for the false arrest? Also he never should have let them in the house. It's perplexing how people keep those in their lives who betray them.

Well it's been stated that this writer is part of Literotica's simp-pack. So I guess that explains the unrealistic and pathetic ending.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This author has no idea how to write about suffering and grief. Years and years of incarceration while being innocent isn't just forgotten easily. And no human can ever just forgive and forget that easily. I'm not against reconciliation but this is just plain lazy writing

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

So, I had an uncle once that was arrested for this kind of crime and pretty much just like the people in this story, including his own parents and children, they more or less disowned him. The difference, I guess, is that he was guilty so no one felt bad about it. However, in this case - I don't know. It's complicated. I'd imagine if I was in Megan's shoes here - she's horrified by what everyone is saying her husband has done, everyone in her community is taunting her and treating her like a criminal, her daughter is being bullied at school, etc. It has to be traumatizing and the natural response would be exactly like the one she had and the one my family had - cut all ties as soon as possible. However, in Megan's case - she finds out later it was all a lie and everyone ELSE gets to go back to their lives as normal, except for her and Curt and their daughter. That's pretty brutal. In this way, I think her feeling of powerlessness at that point would be identical the feeling Curt had in prison. Sure, there are differences in the circumstances, but that feeling of loss would be almost the same. Personally I think this is a good theme and a good story, the only problem I have with it is the same problem I have with a lot of this guys stories - he can't write dialog to save his life. I'm guessing he might be a foreign language speaker or something based on the way he constructs his sentences to convey concise meaning, but without any of the accoutrements that people normally put in their phrasing which give it personality, subtleness, hidden context, etc. Still, a good story 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Ok, I know the police can be really incompetent and biased against an innocent person but checking his phone logs, the time he received the call for the plumbing Emergency, and the time of the last job that he had been on that day, should have clued in the Police to the accuracy and veracity of his claim that he was just the plumber. That in itself should’ve given him more credibility and the police should’ve done further investigation. He should never have been left rotting in jail for many months.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Yeah, I can't swallow this. If something like this happened to ANYONE I cared about, not to mentioned loved- esp my spouse- I would at the VERY least hear them out completely. Sadly for this MC, the past will taint his future. How can it not?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Considering how obvious it was that he actually was there as a plumber, it wouldn’t just be lawsuits against the media. He would have a case against the police for wrongful arrest, and against the prosecutors for malicious prosecution. By the time his lawyers were done, the residents of that county would be looking at increased taxes for twenty years to cover the payments.

/

I would have stayed in the town, and used my money to make everyone’s life HELL!!! Tim would be tortured until he went insane, and then left crippled in front of the hospital. His so called family and friends would be manipulated into losing jobs, homes, and all support. I want them slowly starving under a bridge! The idiot police lose their jobs, and possibly go to prison. Back a candidate to run against the prosecutor in the next election. The pretty news anchor who sneered at him, is now begging to do ANYTHING to keep her job since he bought the local television station.

You decided that I’m evil, so I’m going to be evil to you. Just not the way you falsely accused me.

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A little difficult to like a story where everybody is a piece of shit. Well, Karen excepted.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

Five stars for the original concept of the story. One star for the unbelievable RAAC at the end. No possible way to EVER get back with his ex-wife or family. They are truly despicable people.

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

The raac loses 3 stars. Look...a well written reconciliation is fine, but not a far fetched raac.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

Creative and daring, but it missed the emotional tenor after they found him in his new home. Think the Tim stuff was a weird distraction. Fine have him f$ck her once, send the photo and then fade to black once he got released. Tim was a stupid misdirect. As was the whole premise that her f$cking Tim once when she was lonely, hurting and vulnerable was so how the main course. Compared to the rest of the hellish situation and him being cut off at the knees, that was a molehill on a mountain. She had filed, severed him from her and her daughter's life, and she screwed Tim once. Big deal. At least comparatively speaking. But the emotions portrayed the MC are just odd later on the story. He woukd have PTSD from his experiences and his abandonment. I coukd se forgiving the daughter. She is 16 and believed what society and her mother and grandparents were telling her. Thr parents? Screw them. They had 40 some years to know the man he was. As he said they could have said they are under a lot of pressure and can't help much now. But Megan? Sure she comes off as massively contrite and willing to do any penance. And in reality he probably IS better of with her in the end. But getting yo that stage woukd be hellishly rough due to his trauma and the nasty divorce. Understanding what she wrnt through and he went through woukd need to be mediated by a counselor. The emotional pitch should have been 10 times higher to reflect real life imho. I stead it wad just kind of limp and bedraggled. And thr reconciliation by her stalking was just to fast and too simple. Seriously he didn't even communicate with her about his time in jail for 5 months. How he looked over and over to commit suicide but had no recourse. How thr lawyer wad a joke. How they all railroaded him. Claiming he had a weapon - his pliers and wrench. There is now ay they get back together without her clearly communicating what she was told, felt, and why she did what she did. There is a bit of that but it is terse. But there is also no way they reconcile without him fully venting his spleen about the betrayal of trust and the abandonment of their love. One could make the counter argument that they got swept up in the media and social frenzy but their actions were no different than watching a large mob force him to crucify him without lifting thrn lifting a finger. I am not saying (for some people) that reconciliation would not be possible, but not so easy and not without considerable counseling. And he needs major therapy. NOT just watching waves. Karen was a saint. And while Megan was not evil, she did not remotely even try to question him. He was immediately guilty in her eyes and those of the others. Cannot see the relationship with the parents ever be the same. Cannot see any desire to be anywhere with the friends. So the daughter. Sure. Hard but not unreasonable. Megan? Maybe. But only if a lot more emotional fireworks, lengthy time gap, and serious counseling and therapy. Thr parents? Not much probably. Some platitudes but a strained relationship until they die. Maybe some facade for them. For the friends. Nothing.

For me this is four stars, but if the distraction had been removed at an appropriate time and the emotional falllout had been remotely realistic, then even if a reconciliation (not a RAAC, everyone suffered (except Tim)), this would have been a stellar 5 stars. Too bad. A missed opportunity from a talent writer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous