Heather and Joe

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Has the picture come back to haunt you? Joe asked.

"A couple of trolls tried, but were not satisfied with my response." She said.

"And the cheer squad?"

"Let them say or think whatever they want. Now I'd rather be in the company of fedora wearing weirdos anytime." Heather snuggled up to him.

The Southwest horizon was dark and ominous with an almost constant rumble of thunder. Heather's Stepmother Susan looked out the window with some concern, hoping that their expected visitors would arrive before the storm hit. Behind her, sitting in his favorite chair was Thomas Sommers contemplating the new reality. Brad was out and this Joe fellow was in. All he had wanted for his daughter is for her to be happy. For a while he thought that was the case, but now with her tumble from the pinnacle of high school society all that he had hoped for was gone. At least that's what he thought, but now he saw Heather being the happiest since she was a little kid. Though he didn't think she made the right decision, she was an adult now and there was no changing things. Maybe she'll see the light when she's in college.

As Thomas was contemplating, the doorbell rang. Susan practically ran to answer it. Mustering all his dignity, he followed her to meet this young man that had caused all this trouble. The door opened and in front of them stood Joe Stevens.

He was as Heather had shown him in the pictures only with neater hair and better clothes holding a shopping bag that presumably held the corsage. Thomas could see now the calm competent demeanor and understood better how she had been attracted to him.

"Looks like a smart guy." Thomas admitted to himself internally.

"Well, come in before the rain ruins that tux of yours young man, Joe isn't it?" Susan said.

"Yes, I'm glad to meet you." Joe said.

Thomas stuck out his hand and Joe accepted it.

"Heard so much about you." Thomas said as they ushered him inside.

"Please come this way. Heather's still upstairs finishing up." Susan gestured towards the sofa in the living room.

"Susan, why don't you get this young man something to drink." Thomas said.

"What would you like Joe?" She asked.

"Ice water would be nice." Joe said looking up the staircase.

She's going to make you wait, if I know her." Susan said as she went off to get the water.

Thunder roared and the sky started to dump sheets of rain. The weather gave Thomas an opportunity to look outside and prepare his thoughts. Outside in the downpour sitting in the driveway like some mangy mutt begging to be let in, was an old blue Ford Focus.

"Your car?" Thomas asked.

"No, it's my mom's." Joe answered.

"Couldn't find a limo?"

"It's supply and demand. Prom night means super high prices, so it was that or the tux and corsage."

Thomas turned and looked incredulously at him.

"Rent was due, had to pay it also." Joe added.

"You pay rent?" Thomas reacted with surprise.

"I'm 18 sir, my mom has worked so hard to give me what I need. It's time to pay her back." Joe said.

"Heather told me that you sold art and did freelance computer work. Can you make a decent living out of it?" Thomas asked.

"If I did it full time and avoid being in debt, then the answer is yes."

Susan returned with a tray of drinks and snacks which she set down on a small coffee table. Susan and Joe sat down, but Thomas turned to face the window again. For a few moments, the only sound was the rain battering the window.

"Do you love her?" Thomas asked.

"Thomas!" Susan admonished him.

"No, it's ok. I'll answer it." Joe said as Thomas turned to face him.

"With all my heart, sir." Joe said.

Thomas gave a small nod of acceptance.

Joe's attention suddenly turn to the stairway again as Heather had finally made her appearance at the top of the stairs. Joe's jaw went momentarily slack as he saw her in full regalia. From head to toe had been a production of countless hours of hard work. She was wearing a light blue dress that seemed to sparkle and shimmer as she moved. Her face was exquisite and her hair amazing causing his heart to speed up. What Joe truly realized then was that she had gone through all that for just him. He felt like indeed he was the luckiest man in the world. This was what love looked like, not the beauty, the passion behind it. When she got to the bottom of the stairs, a clod of sweet fragrance enveloped him. He was careful to give only the lightest of a peck on the cheek so as not to mess up such an extravagant work of art.

Susan took their picture as he pinned the corsage with perfect precision. They then took pictures of each other and had Luna come in and take one with all of them.

The thunder and wind had calmed down, but the rain presented a clear and present danger to Heather's hair.

"A change in plans, Susan." Thomas said.

"I'll move my car out of the garage so Joe can park there and Heather won't have to worry."

So they did just that and Heather's coif was saved, then they watched as the Ford rattled down the driveway and out the gate. Thomas continued to stare out at the rain. A slight smile crossed his face.

"It'll be alright I think. It'll be alright." He said.