In Dreams

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TexasFarmBoy
TexasFarmBoy
1,189 Followers

He paused as a new voice came over the speaker which was unknown to most but unmistakable to Hannah, "Good evening. Three years ago, a young woman walked into a restaurant to meet me. She was nervous and had no idea why she was there. Within three minutes, I had pushed her to her limits and she was ready to walk out thinking that she had embarrassed herself beyond recovery. To be totally honest, it was at that moment that I saw the future of Miles of Music. She wasn't an affected personality or a pompous stereotype but a real woman with real talents and the heart of someone who could make a difference. I hired her on the spot. At that moment, the future of Miles of Music changed from a nice group doing nice things into a dynamic musical movement that now covers the US and Europe and is growing stronger every day. The music is the province of these excellent musicians but the day-to-day details necessary to make this music happen is largely because of Hannah Bell. So, I congratulate Hannah and the entire university for recognizing this very special woman as their Alumni of the Year."

The audience rose in applause as the orchestra started playing Toby Keith's "How Do You Like Me Now?" That alone told Hannah that Jeff was close by because it was one of his favorite country western songs but the orchestra had never played it before.

When she got to the microphone and the applause subsided, she looked at the audience as she tried to remember her prepared speech. Finally, she simply looked at the eagerly awaiting group and said, "I am likely to get fired for what I am about to do because I was not prepared for what just happened. Hold on for a minute." She turned to the orchestra and yelled loudly, "Jeff, get your ass out here! Jeff!"

A voice from the back yelled back, "He's changing his shirt. He'll be right out."

Hannah turned back to the microphone and said, "The voice you just listened to talking about me is the founder, producer, and heart of Miles of Music. He did interview me just like he said and I did almost walk out in tears. Obviously, I didn't. What he didn't tell you is that soon afterwards he overwhelmed me with the things that he had accomplished but virtually no one knows about. If you look at your program, he is listed as Mack Daniels. If you read the books he has written, they show that they were written by Blaine Daniels. If you are a music aficionado, his now three gold records list JB Daniel as the songwriter. All of this he had done before a simple college girl looking for a job walked in to meet him." Hannah heard a flutter from the audience, looked both ways, but continued after seeing nothing. "Yet all of these people are one single man and a very special one. He shuns publicity and focuses on the work he does." The twittering in the audience continued. "He made that very clear to me on that first day. Tonight, I am violating that because without the opportunity he gave me that day, I would be a nobody in an office somewhere. And if all of this doesn't impress you, I will also add that this wonderful man is also listed on the alumni list as JB McDaniel, class of 1999." That brought a gasp from the audience. Hannah looked to the wings again said into the microphone, "Where is Jeff? He should be here by now."

The backstage voice replied, "Look behind you, Hannah."

The orchestra started playing Roy Orbison's "In Dreams" as Hannah turned around completely and saw Jeff standing tall just behind the drums wearing a full black tuxedo with red and blue cummerbund. She almost melted on the spot as he had never looked so handsome and beautiful. Then he began a slow walk down towards the front. When he got near her, he simply said, "You called?"

All Hannah could muster was, "If I look shocked it is because this is the first time I have seen him in a tuxedo. I have only seen him in a coat and tie once. Ok, big guy, I have outed you in public. What are you going to do about it?"

"I'm going to exactly what you said I was going to do. You're fired."

"You know that you can't live without me." She replied but there was a hint of fear in her voice.

"That's true. However, I no longer need your existing services because you are now the Vice President for Financial and Legal Affairs for Miles of Music International, Incorporated and the very effective face and voice for us and this university. Congratulations." The audience applauded but Hannah still looked fearful.

"The other reason I am firing you is because I want you in another capacity. Hannah, will you marry me?" As if by magic, a ring appeared in his hand which he held in front of her hand. Then he said in a voice only a few could hear, "Yes or no, the waitress is coming with our lunch."

She just as quietly replied, "I am tempted to say 'no' just to see what you will do but I am not going to risk it." Then loudly announced, "Yes!" The audience stood and applauded vigorously while the orchestra once again started playing "In Dreams." Jeff took her arm and led her to the dance floor and took her in his arms. Once settled, she whispered, "What has changed?"

"Nothing. I have always dreamed about a woman like you. I knew that I wanted to marry you the day I met you. I just had to work off some of that baggage we talked about. I have lived most of my life without you; but I knew from that first day that I didn't want to live without you as a permanent part of my life."

"So, Madame was right. You just weren't ready to be the husband I deserve."

He cocked his head and replied, "Did she tell you that? I told her to tell you that you just had to be patient."

"I'll tell you how patient I have been. We are going to leave in about twenty minutes and we are going to my hotel room. Don't plan on leaving before Tuesday."

"What about meals?"

"Room service."

And the orchestra played on.

"In dreams I walk with you.

In dreams I talk to you.

In dreams you're mine.

All of the time

we're together

In dreams, In dreams."

Roy Orbison 1963

TexasFarmBoy
TexasFarmBoy
1,189 Followers