Indian Wife and the Bus Journey Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had considered canceling the investor meeting. But considering the hefty personal price I had paid for it, I went through with it. It went well. We got a big boost of capital. When I got home from the meeting, there was a note pinned to the refrigerator.

"I will be at my parents for a while - N"

I tore up the note. Texted my co-founder friend the good news. And sat on the couch crying.

It was almost a month later that Niyati called and said she was coming home but just to pick up her things. And that's when we had the conversation.

-------

"So......what next?" I asked.

"What next?" Niyati replied with a question.

"With us."

"Is there still an us?"

"I....I don't know. I love you. But whatever happened..."

"Isn't easy to get past?"

"Exactly."

"I love you too."

We both sat in silence. I think we had yelled at each other, been sarcastic, cried enough for several hours as we rehashed that night.

"About the start-up." I said. "You have been very involved since the beginning. I will be happy to sign over half my ownership share, especially in light of the new investment."

"No...I don't need that." she waved the suggestion away.

"But the share is now worth...."

"I know what it is worth. I don't care. It always meant more to you than it ever did to me. You can have it."

We were silent again for a while.

"Would you like some coffee?" I said.

"No, I should get going." she got up and started collecting her bags.

"I'll help you."

As we got out of the lift, I said,

"You still didn't tell me what's next for us."

"You still didn't tell me if there still is an us." she wanly replied.

And we just stared at each other, uncertain about what to say, as her cab rolled up to the curb.

THE END