Intended Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~*~*~

A single drum beat a deep, steady rhythm, calling them all to gather outside. Jakal waited with Tejed at the top of the hill, both men wearing ornately beaded tunics and leggings. Two sections of the Light-Eye's hair were plaited and bound together behind his head. Sala, accompanied by the Clan Leader's mate, Affa, walked behind the others. As the crowd settled they parted to make way for the two women so they could meet their companions at the top of the hill.

Upon sight of her, Jakal gasped. Sala wore a long, elaborately beaded tunic which nearly reached her ankles. But what was extraordinary about the garment were the long, deep fringes all along its bottom, extending almost to the top of her thighs. More beads, made of bone, wood and soft stone were strung at the end of these fringes; when she walked, the beads clicked together, producing a rhythm as unique as her own steps.

Part of her heavy length of hair had been twisted into a high knot, stuck through with thin sticks made of bone to hold it together. A long leather thong strung with even more beads was woven around the bun, the ends tucked within the mass. The rest of her waist-length locks hung straight down her back, gleaming in the light of the sinking sun.

They looked at each other in the moment before the Spiritwalker spoke, their eyes shining with excitement, admiration and arousal. There was nervousness there, too, a little fear, even. But when the Spiritwalker asked them to join hands and face her, they found great comfort and strength from each other's touch.

Not unlike the old Spiritwalker at their own Camp, Fox Clan's spiritual leader conducted a ceremony both simple and moving. All Spiritwalkers put their own interpretation on the rituals they performed. Among their peers some would be very similar, while others were modified to reflect the shaman's personality, or more importantly, the unique characteristics of their Clan's people or the location of their Camp.

In Fox Clan's case, the old woman was fond of using the hill a short distance from their Gathering Place. With the sun setting behind them, the colors of the landscape and sky brought a majestic backdrop to important ceremonies such as the one she performed this day.

The Spiritwalker tied around their necks identical pendants carved of bone, with small ivory beads flanking either side of the larger ornament, symbolizing for all who laid eyes upon them that they were bonded to the other.

The use of precious ivory in their bonding pendants was not lost on either Sala or Jakal; it was a great honor to bestow such a gift upon those not of their own Camp, and they were humbled and deeply moved by their generosity. The young woman wondered if this was a little like how her new mate experienced the world; she was not so certain they would have received these particular pendants if one of the recipients had not been a Light-Eyed One.

The old woman enclosed her strong, wrinkled hands over their joined ones. "By joining your lips together, you express with your bodies the sacred bond your spirits have made with one another," she announced, nodding slightly.

The couple kissed as the sky blazed red and pink with the sunset. When their bodies separated the crowd roared its approval, and they stood with their hands clasped, skin flushed as the sky, facing their people.

~*~*~

The Gathering Place echoed with music and raucous laughter as everyone ate much and drank even more. Apparently many individuals specialized in the art of fermented beverages, for although Sala and Jakal consumed only one small cup of each proffered drink, they both felt quite warm, giddy and relaxed.

"Tejed, we are so moved, so appreciative of the great gifts you have given us. We are humbled by your generosity, especially since we are not even your people."

Sala was embarrassed by her slip, but before she could correct herself the great Leader replied in his deep voice, "Of course you are our people. All of our Clans make our one People. There is little difference."

"Even so, Tejed," Jakal responded, "Your Camp has done so much, given so much and in a very short time. We are grateful, and wish we knew how to repay you."

"It is nothing," he answered with a wave of his enormous hand. "I am glad to hear the ceremony and celebration pleases you both." He paused for a moment and decided to take a direct approach. "Have you considered making Fox Clan your new Camp?"

The couple should have known it was coming, but they were rather intoxicated and had let down their guard. Both of them started a little at the question.

Before they could respond, the Clan Leader went on. "Fox Clan has much to offer. As you know, we are located less than a day's journey from the great river, and the location of our Camp makes it ideal for spotting herds over great distances."

Jakal's heart sank. Although the thought of staying at this Camp had not really occurred to him, once the possibility was presented he thought it worth considering. These people were welcoming and kind, their leaders individuals he admired and respected. But if the Camp's location made it easy to spot the animals they hunted, they had little need for a Tracker. Still, things may not work out at our Camp, he reminded himself; perhaps this could be a place where they might live in peace. It was certainly an option.

Tejed continued on with the many benefits his Clan had to offer the newly joined couple. The drinks in their bellies made their senses a little slow, but Sala and Jakal alike heard quite clearly when the brawny man suddenly said, "Besides, I suspect you must be considering your options to come so far from home in order to be joined."

They tried to conceal their astonishment, but the Clan Leader saw enough on their faces to know his supposition proved correct.

The young man started to speak in order to clear up the older man's misconception, but before he even started, Tejed held up his hand palm out to indicate silence. "You need not say more, young Light-Eye; we all heard your story the night before this one. My thoughts are only a...notion, which may or may not be correct. But none of that really matters; all I ask of you both is to consider what I have proposed."

They were astounded. What had they said, or done, to give themselves away? The older man clasped his massive hands on both their shoulders and said in his booming voice, "Just think about it, my friends," and excused himself to visit with the others.

The couple was disquieted by Tejed's all too accurate speculation and exchanged a concerned glance. If someone they did not even know could figure that much out, what chance did they have among the people of their own Clan?

"May I offer you a beverage?" a voice spoke from outside the space of their own thoughts. Looking up, a tall slim man stood before them with an animal skin.

"Thank you," they both said, proffering their empty cups. A fragrant, dark purple drink, clearly made of berries, poured from the vessel.

At the taste of it Sala's eyes lit up. "This is delicious..." she began, searching for a name.

"Tinol," the man replied.

"This is delicious, Tinol," she repeated. "Did you make it yourself?"

He nodded. "Others provide the berries, but I select the ones to use and prepare the beverage myself." He turned to Jakal. "And you, Light-Eyed One..." The Tracker quickly corrected him. "And you, Jakal, does it bring you pleasure as well?"

Sala noticed the tone he used when asking him the question and saw him gazing intently at her mate. The woman suppressed a smile. The parade of individuals putting themselves up for consideration never seemed to cease. She had not received this many offers when she first reached womanhood, and she considered herself an attractive person.

Jakal spoke with the man for a few moments before taking her arm and excusing themselves. Sala glanced back just long enough to catch a glimpse of Tinol scanning the back of his body with his eyes. Just as they had gotten away, a woman approached them; they had much the same conversation as the one before, only her actions suggested an interest in them both.

In her inebriated state, Sala found this somewhat amusing. She had always witnessed this from the outside looking in; with the roles reversed she found a certain novelty in being the object of so much attention, even if the reason had more to do with her mate's status than herself. She glanced up at Jakal, whose eyes seemed to be looking toward the exit, and felt a little guilty. This was not a game for him, and after an evening of near constant solicitation he needed to get away for a while.

Suddenly a short, ancient woman appeared before them. Placing a wizened hand on the young man's arm, she said, "Come, Tracker. I wish to speak with you and your mate about the important journey you are now undertaking together. We will be more comfortable in my dwelling."

Jakal looked down to see the shining black eyes of the Spiritwalker and nodded wordlessly, grateful for a reprieve. They followed her outside and walked along the line of dwellings arranged in a semi-circle until they reached her own.

Lifting the heavy leather flap, she gestured for them to enter. A fire already burned brightly in the hearth and three thick cushions were placed on the ground around it. She offered them a fragrant tea and they sat quietly sipping it.

The old woman cut through the silence. "Sala," she began, "last night Jakal told us the story of how you became lost, what happened when he found you and how you both ended up here. But I would like to hear from you how you managed to wander so far away from your people that you would end up being closer to our Camp than your own."

Sala froze; she was not expecting this.

"I, I do not know, Spiritwalker," she stammered. "I do not remember everything that happened during that time."

"Humph," the spiritual leader grunted. "Well, you see, if I remember the location of Wolf Clan's Camp correctly -- as you may know your old Spiritwalker and I were longtime friends -- the great river is at least six days' distance from your Camp. What I do not understand is how a woman who was missing for little more than a day manages to wander six days' distance before being found. Your new mate, if you pardon my saying so, must have lost your trail if it took him so long to find a lost, delirious woman."

Sala's mouth grew dry. Jakal began to speak, but the Spiritwalker held up her hand to quiet him. "Enough. Others may be blinded by your gift, Light-Eyed One, but I am an old woman and I know when a man rearranges the facts. You are a good storyteller, child, but you are not good at telling stories." He slipped back contritely.

She focused her glittering eyes on the young woman once again. "Again, Sala, I ask you. How does a woman missing for one day manage to wander six days' distance from her own Camp?"

Squirming, Sala looked down at the ground, unable to hold the spiritual leader's penetrating gaze. "I am not sure how, Spiritwalker, only that it did happen," she answered, almost whispering.

The shaman continued. "Your mate said that by the time he found you, you were both closer to our settlement than your own. That tells me you traveled a great distance on your own. Someone in a delirium usually wanders aimlessly because of their confusion. But from what your mate describes, you must have headed in the direction of the river from where you started in order for him to find you where he did."

The young woman began to shake. "I, I do not know what you want me to say, Spiritwalker; it is as my mate describes."

"Speak no more untruths, young woman of Wolf Clan," the Spiritwalker stated calmly. "It took me some time to piece together the fragments of Jakal's story, but I now believe you must have been running away from your Camp, and your future mate was sent after you."

Sala felt a sick sour taste rising in her throat.

"I wondered why you were so impatient in your need to be joined. It was obvious you shared a strong bond; your bodies told me as much. That was why I granted your request even though I knew there was more to your story than the one your mate told. I asked myself, what purpose does a hasty joining serve? And then it occurred to me that one who is already joined cannot be mated to another. This still did not explain why you came to us with such an urgent request. A woman can break the bond at any time before a joining; there is no need to run. Unless, that is, you are the Intended of a Spiritwalker."

Both Sala and Jakal were completely stunned, struck dumb by the old woman's uncanny ability to rearrange the story they told into the truth.

"Sala, before this day, were you the Intended of your Clan's Spiritwalker?" the spiritual leader asked directly.

The young woman slowly lifted her gaze to meet the sharp bright eyes of the shaman. They held compassion within their deep depths, filled with many decades of wisdom. What else could she do? The old woman precisely described their situation; she would know if either of them tried further to obscure the truth. In a daze, Sala reluctantly nodded her head.

What she did not expect to hear next was laughter. The Spiritwalker threw back her head and cackled with great pleasure at the young woman's admission. As she laughed, Sala silently looked to Jakal without turning her head; their eyes met, both filled with astonishment and confusion at the spiritual leader's reaction.

When she finally looked at them again, the old woman's eyes were filled with the tears of delighted satisfaction. "Forgive me, my young friends," she apologized, still chuckling as she wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"Y-you, you are not angry, Spiritwalker?" Jakal dared to ask.

She shook her head. "Under normal circumstances, I would have questioned you both much more harshly, and your deception would have earned you serious sanctions. But then, I know well Sala's former future mate. If I were his Intended I would have run as well," she revealed, chortling once again with amusement.

The two mates simultaneously released deep breaths, unaware they had been holding them, and visibly relaxed.

The Spiritwalker regained control of her emotions and looked kindly at the young woman sitting beside her. Placing a wrinkled hand on Sala's knee, she said, "Is there something more to your flight than distaste for the man to whom you were intended, child?"

~*~*~

It was late into the night before the last group of people finally left the Gathering Place, and once again the couple faced each other at their sleeping place, this time as mates. As they kissed, Jakal slid one of his large hands down to Sala's thigh, only partially concealed by the clicking fringe of her tunic.

Stroking her skin with the front and back of his hand he confessed, eyes full of desire, "When you walked up the hill for our joining, I could barely breathe from the sight of your beauty."

She blushed, pleased. "Thank you...my mate." It was so strange saying that now. "You were, are very beautiful to me as well. The Spiritwalker chose well when selecting a place to bind us together, do you not agree?" she added, caressing his back.

"She did," he answered, but there was more on his mind than the old shaman's pick of location for the ceremony. "You chose well when selecting a garment."

Sala arched her back as Jakal's fingers slipped beneath the fringe to the area just barely covered by the soft leather. Caressing the inner thighs where her legs met her body, he went on. "It pleases me how the fringes almost extend to your womanhood. Apparently many of the others, both men and women, shared my appreciation. It made it difficult not to do what I am doing now." His fingers burrowed deep into his mate's sodden entrance while his thumb fondled her engorged bud.

Moaning, she lifted her hips in an effort to accept his digits deeper into her trembling sex. Feeling his thumb rubbing her node faster and with more pressure, the woman ground her wet flesh against his hand. Her breathing grew shallower and she began to whimper as she climbed ever higher to the peak.

With his free hand Jakal lifted Sala's chin and kissed her greedily, thrusting his tongue into her mouth in much the same way as the fingers exploring her hot passage. He broke the kiss and slid his face, cheek to cheek, to her ear.

"Thank you for not bringing a third to our furs on this night, my woman," he whispered lustily. "I do not think I could share your magnificent body with another."

The man's quiet disclosure launched Sala off the edge. Quaking all over she cried out his name and pushed her body hard against his.

They kissed passionately while she ran her fingers through his soft, wavy hair. Turning her attention to his neck, with an open mouth the woman licked and kissed his throat and under his chin, feeling the hum of her mate's moan against her lips before releasing a moan of her own.

Not willing to wait any longer, Jakal turned Sala around, quickly untying his waist. His leggings dropped to the ground, bunched around his ankles. Bending her over so that she placed her hands on the platform to maintain her balance, he slowly lifted the leather covering her curvy backside and parted the fringe. Groaning at the gift she offered him, he nudged her legs apart and entered, sighing with pleasure at the feel of his aching organ enveloped by her body's warm embrace. The man held her smooth rounded hips as he thrust in and out of her with full, deep strokes, aroused by her wordless cries.

Sala groaned in ecstasy; they had never coupled in this position before and the direction from which he entered her caused his manhood to stimulate a spot at the front of her womanhood in an intensely pleasurable way.

"Ohhh, Jakal...uhhh... More, more... I need you... Don't stop..." she begged as the powerful sensations emanating from that place continued to grow, swelling inside her.

Although her plea inflamed him when he himself was nearing the pinnacle, he slowed his pace to back away from the brink until a long, deep throb forcefully rocked through Sala's body. With each convulsion she grunted and groaned helplessly as wave after wave overtook her. Jakal now allowed himself to let go and with one last pounding thrust shot his seed into her thudding sex.

Her arms buckled at the elbows and she swayed as her legs gave way. Quickly catching her before she collapsed, the man held her while both of them heaved, waiting for Sala to regain control of her body.

After recovering, with trembling hands the woman removed her tunic and carefully folded and placed it in a protected place by the platform. Jakal did the same with his clothing and they crawled into the furs, lying on their sides facing one another. They kissed tenderly and held each other, gently stroking their partner's skin.

"Jakal," Sala began, gazing into his dilated blue eyes as her fingers caressed his muscular arm, "no one has ever pleased me so completely and in so many ways as you."

He kissed her softly. "I, too, have never experienced such complete pleasure with another, my beautiful woman."

"Earlier, you whispered in my ear that you did not wish to share my body with another..."

"I meant on this night," he interrupted, embarrassed. He knew even though they were mates now, Sala could share furs with whomever she wished. It was not his place to dictate what she could or could not do with her own body.

"I understand that," she replied calmly. "But since you are my mate, I wish to learn your thoughts and feelings about bringing another to our furs or either of us sharing pleasures with others."

He looked down. "Is that what you wish, Sala? Do you wish to share your body with others?"