Intended Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
starscape
starscape
136 Followers

"I do not know," she answered honestly. She told him what had happened earlier that day with Yima. "I had never shared pleasures with a woman before, and it was highly pleasurable," she admitted. "But now that we are mates I think it is important we discuss how we wish to deal with such things."

"You do not need my permission to seek pleasures with another."

The woman kissed him. She could see he felt uncomfortable discussing this subject. "I know I do not, but I care about how you feel. You have given me so much, Jakal. I wish to bring you such happiness as well. Please, speak honestly."

He lifted his eyes and held hers steadily. "I cannot speak for your desires, but I can tell you I have no desire to be with others. You know I have been with many women since I became a man. Those experiences were certainly pleasurable. But with all those women something was always...missing. What was missing I found with you. Now that I have you, why would I want to go back to the way it was?"

Sala felt her throat tighten and her eyelashes grow damp. Locking her fingers into his, she asked, "Tell me this, my mate. Do you wish me to lie only with you?"

"It is not my decision, Sala."

"That was not my question. I want only the truth. Do you wish me to lie only with you?" she asked again, her voice gentle but insistent.

The man hesitated. He did not want to be like their Spiritwalker, jealously guarding that which was not his to control. What he had said earlier that night in the throes of passion surprised him; he did not expect those particular words to leave his mouth.

Ashamed as he was to admit it, it was not an untrue statement; he did not wish to share her with anyone else, even if the reasons behind his feelings remained uncertain to him. He had never cared about such matters before and did not understand why he did now. He would never try to prevent her from sharing her body with another, but if really she wished to know what he truly wanted...

"First I wish to say that I would never try to prevent you from sharing furs with anyone else. It is always your decision, Sala," Jakal started, looking at her earnestly. "And, it seems wrong for me to feel as I do, and I do not understand why I feel this way, and I wish I did not..."

Touching his face tenderly, she reassured him. "It is all right, my mate. Tell me how you feel."

"Since you ask me to tell you what I most desire, I would...prefer to share our bodies only with each other. But perhaps I will learn to feel differently, and that still does not mean you..."

Sala silenced him with a kiss. She slid forward and made full contact with the front of his firm body. As she felt his warmth the woman breathed deeply his fragrance and sighed with pleasure. Placing her lips to his ears she whispered, "There is no one else but you, my beautiful Jakal. I will lie with no other."

~*~*~

Though they had not intended to stay so long, after the friendship and generous hospitality the Fox Clan had extended to them, Sala and Jakal remained at the Camp for another night before setting out on their own. It was more than mere obligation; they felt welcome, and genuinely enjoyed the company of their new friends. Tejed had been right. In the end, it made little difference; they were all the same people.

Both were tempted to simply remain, knowing the path before them would be difficult, their adversary formidable; the Clan Leader had lobbied hard for them to stay. He and the Spiritwalker alike proved to be wise, insightful counselors as well as friends. But in the end the couple knew neither of them could rest easily, neither of them would be truly safe until they exposed their Clan's spiritual leader.

The old woman believed Sala's account of the events following her selection as the future mate of the Wolf Clan's Spiritwalker. The actions of her peer filled her with revulsion and righteous anger, but learning he was capable of such behavior was not altogether surprising. It was not so much he had done this before -- as far as she knew he had not -- otherwise he would have been stripped of his title. Rather, the character of the man -- arrogant, spiteful and filled with anger -- made it within the realm of possibility.

She wished Sala's story was enough to remove him from the ranks of the spiritual class, but without proof it was highly unlikely to happen. She herself once attempted to expel him, but her colleagues refused; without a compelling reason, they had said, a Clan could not suffer the loss of one of its most important leaders. The young woman's story was certainly a compelling enough reason, but she knew they would do nothing unless Sala could support her claims with evidence.

One of the Spiritwalker's greatest sorrows was that the Wolf Clan's previous spiritual leader had continued with the younger man's training even after he began to express doubts about his acolyte's motives for seeking the position. She had pressed her old friend to release his student and choose another, but he was too kindly, wanted too much to believe in the goodness of all. Some, she knew, possessed a sickness of the spirit which could not be cured. Sala had been a victim of that spirit, and of the grave error of her close associate.

The night before they departed, the couple took part in a ritual with the Spiritwalker to prepare for the challenges they faced. During the ceremony Sala felt the Spirits whispering in her ear, reassuring her that the old woman was someone she could trust. To her own surprise, she disclosed another secret -- that she had been taught the sacred wisdom by the mother of her mother, by way of her second mate.

The Spiritwalker was thunderstruck by the revelation. Her old friend, like herself, had always been a reformer among their caste. On several occasions he had expressed to her his concern about the secrecy surrounding their practices. He agreed the Clans needed individuals to lead and guide them in spiritual matters, but he also believed withholding knowledge for the purpose of protecting their power was a perversion of the ancient wisdom. Still, the old woman never considered that her confidant would go so far as to reveal the sacred knowledge to his mate, who in turn shared it with her daughter's daughter.

She wondered if her old friend had somehow been touched by the Spirits; perhaps he knew one day the sacred knowledge would be needed by another should the doubts he harbored about his successor prove correct. She advised the couple to disclose to no one else what had been revealed that night; she needed to meditate and commune with the Spirits about the matter before offering further guidance.

The Spiritwalker wanted to help her new friends in some way, but she was too old to make the journey to their Camp. Then, just as they were leaving, inspiration struck; she offered one last gift, the only thing she could think of to assist them in their quest.

~*~*~

They had been traveling for five days when Sala noticed Jakal's muscles tense. He stopped suddenly, listening.

"What is it?" she asked.

Raising his palm, he warned her not to speak. Taking her hand they crouched in the tall grass and ran until they reached a cluster of trees. Hiding behind the largest trunk, he leaned down and whispered into her ear.

"Someone approaches."

Though they knew the most important part of their plan -- other than defeating the Spiritwalker -- was complete and walking into the Camp of their own volition not necessary, they still strongly preferred to avoid capture if at all possible.

After what Sala felt was a very long time they heard voices. And laughter.

That seems unusual for a Tracker, Jakal thought. Stealth was one of their greatest advantages; they would not announce their approach in such a careless manner. He carefully peeked from behind the tree and his muscles relaxed immediately. Full of relief, he turned to his mate.

"It is Belak and Ritol," he said, voice still low. "They must be coming back from a trade mission. Should we reveal ourselves to them?"

"I do not know," Sala whispered. "I know you and Belak are close, but do you think it is safe?"

He nodded. "Belak I trust with my life. I do not know Ritol as well; as you know he came to our Camp after joining with Essa last summer. Belak greatly likes and respects him; I trust the Lead Trader's judgment. I think his companion is trustworthy."

Sala hesitated.

"Remember what the Spiritwalker said before we left? It would be useful to us to have allies, and much easier to explain the situation at this distance from our settlement. If we are to expose what our Spiritwalker has done we must tell others the truth. It will be more difficult to conduct private conversations of this nature once we arrive," Jakal pointed out.

She thought for a while, then nodded; what the old woman had advised them did make sense. They needed all the allies they could get. The man embraced his mate and kissed her. Taking her hand, they quietly emerged from the trees and approached from the rear.

"...So then Vosa said, 'Believe me, young Trader, the pleasure was all mine.'"

The two men guffawed with enjoyment.

"Up to your usual tricks with the females I see," a voice behind them said.

The pair jumped, startled to discover they were not alone. They stopped walking and turned around cautiously. Upon recognizing the party which followed them, their faces broke out into wide smiles.

"Jakal, you sneaky herd sniffer!" the Lead Trader exclaimed. "Somehow I am not surprised the likes of you would creep up on us unawares."

Grinning broadly, the two friends grasped each other's forearms tightly in greeting. The Tracker then warmly addressed his traveling companion.

"You are not alone, I see," Belak commented, looking at Sala who had been holding back, hiding behind her mate. "It is good to see you again on this day, Sala. Your absence has been keenly felt at the Camp."

The young woman nervously stepped forward. "Thank you for your greeting, Belak. It is also good to see you on this day." She exchanged greetings with the two travelers.

"We were...thinking of setting up camp a bit early," the Lead Trader commented, nodding to Ritol. "Would you care to join us?"

"Thank you my friends," Jakal responded. "I believe we will."

~*~*~

The conversation remained light and friendly as the three men bantered back and forth. On many occasions they tried to bring her into the conversation, but Sala was preoccupied and spoke little. Finally, as they sat around the fire and dusk settled in, given the circumstances the time for casual discourse was over.

"Sala," Belak began at last, "you have been gone for a great many days; both of you have. Many were not sure if you would ever return."

"Neither were we," she responded honestly, much to the men's astonishment. The Lead Trader glanced at his old friend, who simply nodded soberly.

"You have been greatly missed," he continued hesitantly, uncertain how to broach the topic on everyone's minds.

"You mentioned that; thank you."

The woman commented in much the same way to several more of his indirect inquiries. Flummoxed, Belak tried a more straightforward approach.

"I see you and Jakal wear pendants of the sacred bond. I thought that you and the Spir..."

The Tracker decided it was time to step in. "You are correct, old friend; Sala and I are mates. It is a very long, very incredible story, one you may find difficult to believe."

"For the two of you to appear in this way, on this day, wearing matching bonding pendants, I cannot imagine your story to be anything less."

"Before I begin, I wish to ask you something. In our many years of friendship have I ever done or said anything to betray your trust?"

"Of course not. There is no one I trust more than you. You know this."

Jakal turned his attention to Ritol. "And you, Ritol, do you trust the judgment of the Lead Trader? Do you consider him someone who has earned your trust?"

The Trader nodded. "I have not known him long, Light-Eye, but I do indeed consider Belak a trustworthy friend, someone whose judgment I value greatly."

"Why such mystery, my friend?" Belak asked, impatient for answers. "Jakal, what is all this about?"

~*~*~

The party sat solemnly in silence, staring into the flickering flame. Several times Belak looked at Sala, almost spoke but changed his mind.

Ritol broke the silence. "The Spiritwalker told us you had a sickness of the spirit, Sala, and that was why you left," he informed her quietly.

"A sickness which struck mere days after proclaiming her his Intended?" Jakal snorted.

"It did seem...odd," Ritol admitted. "But he is our spiritual leader. Why would any of us think he might lie?"

"That is exactly what he was counting on. That is what he always counts on," Sala flashed, her dark eyes glowing in the firelight. She had been so quiet since they came upon each other, the two Traders did not expect her fierce reaction.

"Then he sent you after her, Jakal," Belak mentioned, unsure how to address the woman's remark. "And when you did not return, he sent Sedon after you both."

"When did he leave the Camp?" the Tracker asked.

"Let me think," his friend replied. He paused for a moment. "He set out three days before Ritol and I departed for Owl Clan's Camp, so that would have been ten, no, eleven days after you left to find Sala."

The couple exchanged a knowing glance. It was good they left the river when they did; the warning the Spirits communicated to Jakal in a dream proved accurate and helpful, providing them plenty of time to be joined. After leaving Fox Clan's settlement, the man worried they had stayed so long that Sedon would surely overtake them. They would continue to be cautious, but it now appeared less likely they would encounter him for the rest of the journey, provided the Lead Tracker had not found a way to significantly shorten his route.

Belak went on with his earlier point. "The Spiritwalker told us you were both too important to our Clan to let you languish all alone, sick or hurt. He often mentioned you, old friend, and his concern for your wellbeing."

Ritol clarified. "He did speak of you often, Light-Eye, but after a time, after you had been gone for many days he did not seem to want to talk about you anymore."

"Were our people beginning to panic, Ritol?" Sala inquired.

"I do not know if I would say 'panic' but yes, many were becoming very concerned that the luck of the Travelers had left us."

"That is probably why he ceased discussing it. Bringing up Jakal's disappearance only reminded them that he was no longer among them. And since the Spiritwalker sent him after me, it may have been only a matter of time before the others started blaming him for the loss of their sole Light-Eyed One," Sala explained.

Jakal sat listening to the exchange. His people were more worried about the luck of the Travelers leaving them than he himself, he thought irritably. No wonder he left the Camp as often as possible.

As if she knew his thoughts, his mate reached over and took his hand in hers. "Belak, Ritol, you have heard our story," she began. "I tell you now, it has not been easy for me to reveal my secret. The most difficult time was the first." Sala looked at Jakal lovingly and squeezed his hand. "When I was believed, I felt the heavy burden on my spirit lessen. The second time I did not expect; but once it was over, and again I was believed, my burden lessened even more.

"Someone very wise told me only truth's light banishes the magic of dark secrets. My mate and I seek to bring the light of the truth to our people. We know it will not be easy. The Spiritwalker is very powerful, and many will not believe, even if the Light-Eyed One...even if Jakal supports my claim. If we knew there were those among our people who did believe us, who support us in our cause, it would lessen both our burdens."

They all sat in silence while the two Traders considered their response. Finally, Belak spoke.

"Sala, I cannot speak for my companion, but I support you fully, both of you. Please tell me how I can be of help."

"And I as well," Ritol added.

The woman's eyes filled with tears. The old Spiritwalker was right, she thought with gratitude; we do have allies. I, we are not alone.

~*~*~

That night in the lean-to Sala lay on her side snuggled under Jakal's arm. Both were nervous and pensive given the knowledge that by this time the next day, they would be back at their Camp to face the Spiritwalker.

Now that it was nearly upon them, Jakal found himself full of doubt, wondering if he had been too overconfident about their chances for success. How were they going to prove what the shaman had done to Sala? His mate put a great deal of faith in him, despite her great fear; he could not let her down. Needing the comfort of full contact with her soft skin, the man turned on his side and drew her close. Silent in the blackness, arms wrapped around the other's back, he felt their hearts beating in tandem.

The woman kissed her mate's throat. "Jakal, I do not know if I ever thanked you for everything you have done for me. I know that you do not feel you are special. I disagree; you are special, but not because you are a Light-Eyed One. I have never known a more giving, selfless person and I am honored to be your mate. No matter what happens, I need you to know that."

"My woman, you are the special one." He lifted her chin and kissed her with feeling. "But you are mistaken; I am not unselfish. Mating with you was as much for me as it was for you; I could not bear to lose you.

"The more I think about the plan, the less certain I feel that what we are attempting is wise. It is true I believe the Spiritwalker should answer for what he did to you, and it is true I worry about our people if his crimes are not revealed to the others. But part of what motivated me was also that I did not wish to leave our people; because of that desire I am putting your life at risk. I do not know what I was thinking. Perhaps we should leave in the morning."

Caressing his entire face with her hand, she responded, "No, you were right, and so was the old Spiritwalker. Why should we run when we have done nothing wrong? We must at least try. Belak and Ritol both told us we most likely will be able to rely on their mates' support; I believe Nefa will support us as well. If our people choose not to believe we can always leave. If nothing else it will give us a chance to say goodbye to our friends and allow us to leave on our own terms."

"But what of the danger to you, my mate? If I lose you..."

Sala kissed him, gently exploring his mouth with her tongue. "You will not lose me," she stated with conviction. "Remember we share the sacred bond, Jakal. I know you will protect me, and our friends will help keep us safe as well." This time her kiss was deeper, more passionate.

The man felt her nipples growing hard against his bare chest as a jolt surged through his body. His organ stiffened and pressed against her inner thighs while his mate sighed in pleasure. Devouring her neck with his lips and tongue, he stroked the silky skin of her rounded breasts before teasing their sensitive tips.

"Uhhh...mmm," she murmured, arching her back when Jakal slid his body down and replaced his fingers with his warm, wet mouth. The stimulation from his soft lips and talented tongue suckling her nipples sent a rippling tingle all the way to the woman's toes.

Removing his mouth from her erect nipples, he gently coaxed Sala onto her back. Licking her breasts in narrowing circles from her chest back to their tips, the man suckled her again while his hands caressed the feminine curves of her waist and hips.

starscape
starscape
136 Followers