Isla's Summer

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As we finished the bottle, Gary asked if I was peckish, so popped into Bessy, only using the internal lights. Whilst he was away, I curled up in the blankets and looked across the farm, all in that silvery blue haze of night, with the odd flash of shooting stars.

I hadn't just left my personal hermitage, having swum off my own desert island. This year I seemed to have swum onto a larger island and joined a tribe... I loved Cat and Helen like sisters, despite their devilish side. Sally and even Barney were like surrogate parents. I loved George and felt quite responsible over the future of the farm.

Gary returned with a fresh bottle of wine and a cheese board. We settled in to enjoy cheese, crackers and some pickle, once more toasting our love... Before we repeated our lovemaking, just in case it was a fluke.

Later, once more panting between ruffled blankets and curled around each other, we confirmed it was no fluke... we seemed to fit perfectly together. I was basking in a post sex glow I had never felt before, with a desire to repeat this until exhausted.

The night's chill was catching up with us, despite our own temperatures souring. Gary asked if I wanted a warm drink. I nodded. With the light on inside Bessy, I could see his shadow move around, then smelled fresh wood smoke.

He returned with the bed's duvet and tidied up the blankets to throw it over. Normally, seeing another person's nakedness would embarrass me, even an ex-boyfriend, but I just enjoyed soaking in Gary's. Even when his limp manhood dangled and swung as he moved.

"I assume you prefer to remain outside, like us country bumpkins?"

I nodded. It wasn't cold, just chilly, and we still had stars shooting across the sky. His head cocked as he must have heard a kettle's whistle and he duck back inside. Later, he returned with two mugs of frothing hot chocolate and my favourite biscuits.

Romance was prolific that night... Sat there under the stars, cupping warm mugs of chocolate, dipping biscuits and sucking the chocolate off. Streaks of light would burst across the sky in batches.

I felt drowsy, so set my mug to one side and snuggled deeper into Gary and dozed. It was magic to come around between dozes, curled up on him, to feel his breath and his chest as it rose and fell. His hold around me drifted from bum to breast to waist, to end up spooning me with both hands on my chest as I fell asleep.

My nose felt the chill of morning dew to wake me and I opened my eyes to see the sky brightening and a light pop on in the farmhouse. A few last streaks ran over the sky, but they were now faint. I felt Gary's voice vibrate and looked up and him.

"Morning gorgeous..." He kissed me. "Do you want to come inside? I can make breakfast..."

I nodded, but not to get warm. I could feel his morning wood pressing hard against me. I didn't want to risk anyone looking across the valley to see us, with the duvet rising and falling... Least of all Cat or Helen.

I got up and wrapped the duvet around me, Gary picket up the warm blankets, taking them inside. I followed, my feet shivering on the cold floor. Gary had thrown the warm blankets onto the cold bed so I didn't need to warm up the bad.

Inside, Bessy was cute, and it was nice to see Gary return with our clothes and shoes. He relit the potbelly stove and put the kettle on. As it boiled, he dug down into the coolers to bring out eggs and bacon. He made us mugs of tea and when he pulled a frying pan out; I tapped on the timber wall to attract his attention.

He looked puzzled, but when I pulled back the duvet to show a naked leg, he caught my drift. He didn't to be asked twice and joined me under the duvet. It was so nice to have his naked body almost at my disposal for a change, without a centre console between us.

It didn't take long to return him to standing to attention. Now, in a more private setting, I felt more adventurous and after some foreplay that had us both more than ready... I turned over on all fours, to present my rear... Sarah had always told me to try 'doggy style,' but I never felt confident enough with ex's.

Well, it lived up to my expectations and Gary just kept going. I was about to orgasm and Gary stopped and pulled me around onto my back...

"It's nice but... I want to see you, I love seeing you so happy, I love your eyes lighting up, I love your breasts... You're my princess and will always be my belle..."

He entered me again and curled his knees up under me, prising my legs apart in a more deliberate grind. I wrapped my legs around him to lock my ankles together and pulled him into me...

The cosmos exploded inside Bessy, and inside me... I saw shooting stars and universes collide... Gary was the most wonderful lover and rocked my world. Once more, we fell apart panting, smiling... Now I was exhausted.

We plumped the pillows up and sat up, duvet pulled around us, cupping the mugs of tea, sipping and grinning... Then Gary's brow furrowed and he looked pensive...

"No... Not now..." He said and looked to the door.

He looked unsure whether he was going to rush to the door or curl up in the duvet. His head shook, and he shouted, "No, don't you dare, you two..."

The door burst open to allow Helen and Cat, still in pyjamas, to rush in. Their faces were gleeful, both full of devilment.

I screamed, "Nooo." And signed, "This is too weird... You two get out..."

Helen and cat looked unsure at each other, as Gary nodded and agreeing. Then Helen shrugged and the two dove onto us in bed and scooped us up into a big bear hug. Naked or not under the duvet, they didn't care....

They stood back laughing, both pointing and chanting to me, "One of us... One of us..."

Then Cat saw the frying pan, "Aha, just in time for breakfast..."

"No," both Gary and I screamed... I signed, "No, this is beyond weird, you two get out..."

They both looked at each other, mimicking sulky, sorry faces, and withdrew out of Bessy, pulling the door closed behind them. Gary ran to the door to lock it. He looked through the window and sighed in relief.

"They've gone... I'm so... So... Sorry... See, they are just plain evil."

I wasn't sure if I wanted to eat now, or just go home... But seeing Gary's tight buttock cheeks and his naked manliness, I couldn't cut this short.

"You were going to make breakfast..."

He pulled on his boxers and T-shirt, stoked up the stove and started breakfast. I dug through the clothes pile and found my bralette and panties. We sat in bed eating eggs, bacon on fried bread, with the now cold mugs of tea.

Gary had re-opened door and windows to frame the view of the valley, as we ignored the morning chill. It seemed the perfect end of a perfect night. We saw tractors buzzing around the far fields and knew Gary would have to get going.

We both got dressed, and I collected all the dirty plates and rubbish. We placed the coolers back in the back of the van with the blankets and duvet. Pulling the tarpaulin back over the back to hold everything down, we drove off. Gary dropped me at home, as mum and dad, were eating their breakfast.

I washed and dried our dirty, mugs, plates and frying pan. I was glad that neither Mum nor dad, showed any desire to ask or even hint at where we had been or done. They only asked if the meteor shower was as impressive as previous ones.

I took a mug of coffee upstairs to turn my computer on and try to get some work done. Once done, I took a hot shower, wondering when we could manage some `us' time again.

The next few weeks were still fraught as harvesting ramped into ploughing and reseeding. Gary and I had a few evenings together, whilst Cat and Helen gave us some space, even if they still text and included me in their jokes and japes over Gary. This only relented when they were out with Kevin or Mark.

Towards the end of August, the days were getting cooler and nights were drawing in. Autumn was knocking on the door as summer was leaving. The end of the peak farming season was ending, and we were discussing where the six of us could enjoy a spa weekend.

Research work for me was dying off, but my new book was nearly ready and I had ideas for sequels. The farm's application had gone into DEFRA and they were now asking questions to clarify parts of the application. I was also riding George almost daily, being able to vary our routes as more areas became available to ride.

Then in late August, I was sitting at my pond, Gary's sandwiches at the ready. Whilst dad's garden was still in bloom, the wildflowers around the pond were already feeling the chill and were dying down.

My wrist buzzed with my smart watch warning me tractors were close by. I glanced at the hedge and checked my app to see Gary's tractor in the lane. Gary appeared and walked through the gate, although not in his farm overalls. He wore a T-shirt, shorts and sandals, hardly farm safety wear. He was nervously grinning and kept his eyes on me...

The pond field now harvested allow d him to make a beeline for me, although not to walk around the pond. He aimed for the other side of the pond, directly opposite my spot. I stood up and motioned I'd come to him, but he shook his head. It was odd for him to stand on the opposite bank, fidgeting as he always did when nervous.

"Isla... I've had a wonderful summer with you..."

"And?"

Oh, my God, was he off on more travels?

Placing his sandwich box down on the bench, I stepped towards the edge of the water.

"Isla... I told you the truth when I said I love you and I still think I always have..."

He took a step forward, into the dark brown water.

"I learned to sign so we could talk..."

He stepped deeper into the water...

"I love your company..."

He stepped forward again...

"I love your smile..."

And he took another step.

"You make me laugh..."

And another step.

"You make me happy..."

He was now in the middle of the pond, with the water just over his knees.

"If I could walk on water for you... I would."

He dipped into his pocket and pulled out a small jewellery box, holding up a ring up for me to see...

"Isla Peters... Will you do me the honour of marrying me?"

My knees went to jelly. I couldn't believe my eyes. Had I read his lips correctly?

"Isla, make me the happiest man alive... Be my wife..."

He walked closer to me...

A whole raft of emotions ran through me. I wanted nothing more in the world, but this was all too soon... I looked at Gary, still wading across the pond, his puppy-dog eyes waiting for an answer.

Then again, I loved him, and we were good together. Waiting for another harvest or another year or two would only prolong the inevitable. We needed to be together... All those dreams of us being together flashed through my mind...

Long before he reached me, I threw my hat to one side and ran through the water to him. My shoes stuck in the mud, but I reached him flinging my arms around him.

"Yes... Yes"

We hugged and in slow motion fell into the pond, laughing. Gary picked me up, and we stood. With him still grasped the ring. I held my hand out, and he slipped the single jewelled ring on my finger.

~~~

Dear reader, I hope you enjoyed my story.

If you did, then please read my others or follow me to receive notifications of new stories as I publish them.

If found anywhere other than Literotica.com with this note attached, this story has been posted without my permission.

This is my entry for the 2021 summer contest.

Please be tolerant with me about any mistakes. The story's length is too great to ask any of my usual beta readers or even voluntary editors to endure, when they all have their own projects.

If you can bear with me, as I know I've not followed BSL exactly grammatically, in order to help most readers.

Although ratings are nice, nothing beats a comment or PM.

I always welcome CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Stay Safe.

Nellymcboatface

~~~***~~~