It's The Way You Look At Me Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I want to understand it," dad said softly but firmly. "Uncle Buck and I have talked at length about the whole thing. I'm over the initial shock of hearing the news. Now I want an understanding of what all this means."

"Jamie and I are deeply in love. I don't know what else there is to explain. We ain't going to stop loving each other because it upsets you."

"I get that," he sighed. "And I'm not here to try and stop that. I guess I want to understand how it happened and what it means for the future and how you plan to tell everyone. Uncle Buck and I know but what about all your friends? What are they going to think?"

"I don't care what they think. If it bothers them then they weren't really a true friend to us anyway. We told Jordan and Kelly and they were happy for us. If anyone else doesn't like it then oh well. I have Jamie and that's all I need in life. She's my best friend, always has been, always will be."

"You are really firm on this," he stated with a slight smile.

"Because it's Jamie. I love her with all my heart. There's no other way to be but firm. It's just like it was with you and..."

"Me and mom," dad finished. "It's all right Owen. We can talk about mom if you want to now. Mom was my other half and I haven't been the same man since she passed."

"Yeah, but the last time I brought her up I ended up getting slammed into a wall. I am sorry I brought her into it but I still think she would have understood this better than you have."

"It was the situation," he sighed. "It touched a nerve. And you are probably right, she would have understood this much better than I could. But I understand what you are saying when you say that. You'd do anything for Jamie just like I would for mom."

"Opinions from other people don't matter to us. We have fought through everything for five years now. That's what makes us so strong."

"Nobody has an easy road," he offered. "But I can say yours is harder than most."

"But it's a battle worth fighting. Jamie is worth fighting for. That's why I never quit and never give up on her."

"I'm beginning to understand that."

He reached over and took another sip of water before he set it back down and looked at me as he thought.

"So tell me how it all started. I don't mean to be forward but I have to know how you two went from being best friends into what you are today."

"Do you remember the night when Courtney got drunk and Jamie got the shit scared out of her on her date with Erik?"

"How could I forget that phone call?" he chuckled.

"Well..."

We started talking. We talked about Jamie and I and our life in high school. Then we went on to talk about college and the distance. We talked about the breakup, the getting back together, the traveling, then the blowout. We talked about the past few months and football. Then we moved on to him and his life and what he had been doing. We were making amends and talking civilly until the front door opened.

"Hey baby," I said standing.

"Hey Owen," she said softly.

I hugged her now and gave her a quick kiss before I let her go.

"Uncle Dan," Jamie said. "How are you?"

"I'm good," he sighed. "Listen, I'm sorry for what I said and did. I was overwhelmed by everything so my actions were irrational and I'm sorry for that."

"That's ok Uncle Dan," Jamie smiled. "To be fair though, you didn't actually do anything to me."

"I did things to Owen though and you are a part of him so it was against you too."

"I don't hold grudges Uncle Dan," she offered. "I don't like to waste my time on things like that when life has so many other possibilities. I forgive you though if that's what you are looking for."

"I'm not looking for anything but to try and mend some fences between all of us," he replied.

"Let's work on that then," she said.

"Thank you Jamie," he said sincerely.

She looked at me now as she took some of the bags she had gotten shopping to the bedroom. It was my silent cue to follow her.

"Excuse me for a minute dad," I said.

"We covered a lot of stuff," he sighed. "It's probably time for me to get going."

"Don't leave just yet," I begged. "I haven't seen you in months. You can't just drop in for an hour then leave. Just give us just a minute to talk then we will be out."

He sighed and looked uncomfortable.

"Just sit and make yourself at home for five minutes."

"Alright," he sighed.

I followed Jamie into the room and closed the door.

"Well?" she asked. "What happened?"

"We talked and tried to sort things out. He said he was sorry for everything and asked me to forgive him. I made it clear it was me and you together and nothing was ever going to change that. He accepted that and wants to work on getting us back to the way we were before he punched me."

"You're going to give him a chance right?"

"Of course I am," I smiled softly. "He is my dad after all."

"You were awfully hurt by him Owen," she started. "I didn't know if you would forgive him."

"I can forgive baby. I won't forget but I can forgive."

"He still seems uncomfortable though."

"He's worried about you," I offered. "He still thinks you are mad at him."

"I'm not," she sighed. "I've never been mad. I've been hurt but never mad. I was hurt by the way he treated my dad. That's what I hurt the most about."

"Let's take him out to dinner and talk. Is that ok?"

"It's not liked you cooked anything anyway," she sassed.

"True," I smiled.

"Go tell him and let me get changed."

I kissed her again. I placed these soft kisses on her lips before I let her go to get changed.

"Hey dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to join us for dinner so we can talk some more. Jamie would like that."

"I ah... I don't want to intrude on you guys and your plans."

"I have a game tomorrow dad. We weren't going to do anything extravagant tonight anyway. Please join us?"

"I guess," he smiled softly. "Then can you suggest a place for me to stay. I haven't found anything yet."

"What's wrong with here?" Jamie asked.

"I don't know. I don't want to be intrusive on you guys. I know we are just starting to talk again so I didn't want to be a bother to you."

"It's quite alright," she smiled. "I, we, wouldn't mind it at all."

"My flight leaves tomorrow at ten so it wouldn't be but for the night."

"It's fine," she said. "I can take you to the airport in the morning."

"You walking?" I asked. "I have to take the truck."

"I'll take a cab," he said.

"Actually," I said. "Can you do me a favor dad?"

"I guess," he sighed uneasy.

"I need you to take old Betty back home. She's been sitting at the facility since I bought a new truck. I'll pay for the fuel if you take her home."

"What do you want her for?" he asked. "You should sell her if you bought something new."

"No way," I cried. "Way too many memories with her to let her go. I talked to Shane. He says he's going to fix her up like new again."

He chuckled. "I'll drive her home for you then."

"Thanks dad," I smiled.

"Where would you like to go eat at Uncle Dan?" Jamie asked.

"I don't know where anything is so it's up to the two of you," he replied.

"The steakhouse was pretty damn tasty," I suggested.

"Let's go," Jamie smiled. "I thought you might want to go there."

I took Jamie's hand and led her out the door. Dad quickly followed behind us as we headed to the steakhouse. We sat around and had a nice dinner before returning to the apartment for the evening and more talking. It was really good to start a relationship with my dad again.

*****

Thanks for reading. Comments are always welcome.