Kath and Tom Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thursday. I knocked on the door, introduced myself, Fielding shut the door and I went to leave. On my way out I meet Mrs Fielding who had just arrived home. Accosted no, a little inappropriate yes." Then I stopped talking.

"Inappropriate." The older officer says.

"I asked her out. Seems she is free-spirited and has a reputation of being promiscuous. A slut is what my wife and Fielding call her. Oh and I also told her, her husband was fucking my wife."

Again the younger officer. "Mr Harrison the fact that your wife is having an affair with Mr Fielding gives you a motive."

"I am not having an affair." Kath nearly screams.

Both women look at Kath but say nothing. Before the younger one plays her trump card. "Look Tom you need to get in front of this. The court will understand that there was provocation. Shit half the judges and law enforcement have been where you are. But Tom I have to warn you, hardly any crime is committed today without DNA being left behind. Especially assault. "

I know I should be taking this more seriously but the young officer has just opened the door. "I am sorry, I did not understand it was that serious, and Fielding has been hurt that bad..."I pick up my phone. "I am happy to provide you with a DNA sample, but I will want to do it through my lawyer. He will want to verify that all your procedures have been followed. Chain of custody and the like."

With that I call my lawyer and the women listen to a one sided conversation.

"Alex this is Tom Harrison, sorry to call so late."

"No she hasn't signed the divorces papers."

"No I don't think she has seen her own lawyer yet.

"Yes."

"Alex that is not why I am calling. I have two police offices here at my home."

"No Kath invited them in."

"Look there has been a serious assault. Serious enough that they got the Crime Scene Investigation team in."

"Yes I told them I am happy to provide a sample as long as you are satisfied that they have followed procedure and maintained a provable chain of custody."

"Yes, that's right, I have no intention of going to the station."

"Your office, I will ask."

I turn to the older officer who does not look happy. "He asked if we can..."

The older officer stops me mid-sentence. "That won't be necessary, we will not be needing a sample."

"Sorry to bother you Alex" I end the call.

The younger officer goes to speak but the older one stops her. "He is just pulling your chain Patterson, he knows there is no DNA. He knows Fielding was well enough to have given us a statement, and send us running over here." She looks at me. "You have a rock solid alibi don't you?"

"Well depends when it happened. There is a small window from when I left him at the sports bar last night and until I got home that I cannot prove where I was. From then on I can. At home or at work."

The older officer again. "Seven o'clock tonight. In front of half a dozen witness in the car park outside that sports bar. Very swift and brutal. One punch to the kidneys. Then slammed his face into the door post of his car. Left his nose all over his face. Last one well directed kick to the knee. Witness said he screamed as the ligaments popped."

"So this alibi Tom." The older officer smiles as she asks.

"I was at work. Twenty other people were there as well. CCTV on the front and back doors. Also covering the car park. Only other exit is the fire door in the warehouse out into the ally. No CCTV, but it is alarmed and monitored at all times, even if the alarm is isolated."

The younger officer takes one last shot. "It was very professional, you could have hired someone."

I shrugged "I am from the Southside, we do our own dirty work."

The older officer again. "So Tom you have been following Mr Fielding, do you have any idea who could have done this?"

"My guess is someone's husband. Not sure if the blonde is married? He also seems way too friendly with the School girls."

"Tom. Karl's a good man and a great teacher, how you can say that." Kath is again taking Fielding's side over mine.

In the end it is all too much for the police officers and they leave. Just another domestic and I am pretty sure the older police women's money is on me for having done it.

Once they are gone Kath angrily turns on me. "Tom Karl's a good guy. He, we made a mistake. You did not have to go and beat him up." Then she storms off. One step forward two steps back it seems.

I look at Sue. She goes to ask but I put my finger to her lips and say. "If you ask I will tell you the truth, then you would be put in a position of having to lie for me. Look Sue, Kath has made it blatantly obvious she is not going to stop seeing him, and I figure she is about one to two weeks away from fucking him again. So maybe, just maybe, good old Karl will think twice now."

"Tom she wouldn't sleep with him again."

"Sue have you opened her secret email account?"

"No, have you?"

"No, don't have to, but it will be all there. Do you think when I check her phone records tomorrow they won't show that she spends the next hour on the phone to Fielding." With that I head off to bed.

Now there might have been twenty people in the office this evening but it was a very busy place. People coming and going. There was a delivery of takeout at some point. For a lot of that time I was back and forth from the warehouse. The CCTV cameras will show I never left the building until just before nine o'clock. The car park CCTV will show that my SUV never leaves the lot. The very sophisticated alarm system will show the fire door onto the ally was never opened.

Now if you knew of the existence of an old coal hatch that drops down into the now disused coal dunker that is all but undetectable from the outside. If you had a ladder, and then knew were the key to the old 1950's padlock hung, then in theory you may have been able to get out into the ally without anyone knowing.

Of course you would then need someone to pick you up. Not a taxi, say a young women who looks exactly like her mother. Then she might drop you off a block over from the sports bar so no one see's you get out of a little white Ford Fiesta.

Now if you dress in a hoodie, then dark blue disposable coveralls. Striking fast, a punch to the kidneys, slamming his head into the car door post, before smashing your foot into the side of his knee. Well you might just get away with it, well in theory.

Wednesday morning and there are no pancakes or coffee. Sue comes down just before I leave and kisses me goodbye. There is no sign of Kath.

Busy day at work. Late afternoon there is a meeting at Clive Poole's offices that looks like it is going to run late. I call Kath to let her know I will be late getting home but her phone goes to voice mail, and I do not get a call back.

It is just after seven o'clock when I wander out on to the street. I know the smart thing to do would be to go home, but instead I hit the bar opposite. Really I am not much of a drinker so order a Lite beer, and find somewhere to park myself, just killing time.

I hear her before I see her. "You fucking bastard, you should be in jail for what you did to my husband. Karl did not sleep with your wife, but he did tell me about you. Mean controlling and paranoid." There she is. Short and slender. Dark hair with a very modern and stylish cut. Again the thing that catches the eye is the short low cut dress and the big tits. Her petite frame certainly does exaggerated them. Even so they are magnificent. She is also very angry. She is also a cocktail waitress.

"Well hello Sharon." I say.

"Fuck you. You mad man." She snarls.

"Mrs Fielding let me apologise for the other night. My behaviour was appalling towards you. You did not deserve that. However your Husband is fucking my wife."

"Bullshit. Karl told me how you are always accusing the poor woman of sleeping with other men. He said you call her a slut."

Now it is my turn to be angry, but I take a deep breath and try to stay cool. "Sharon can I ask you a question?" I continue before she can answer. "If I said your husband was also fucking the tall skinny blonde women who lives next door, would you believe me?"

I am completely taken by surprise by what happens next. Sharon's legs give way from under her as she collapses. I just manage to catch her before she hits the floor, she is shaking all over.

It takes her a few minutes to regain some composure. "I have to get out of here." She breathes, then pulls away and I let her go but again her legs give way, again I take hold of her. "Can you help me?" she says so softly I barely hear.

"Ok hold tight." And we head out through the back of the bar. On the way out Sharon bums a cigarette and a light off another waitress. Out back her hands are shaking so badly I have to light it for her.

She inhales deeply, then blows smoke into the air. Holding it up and says. "I haven't had one of these since college." Then takes another big drag.

By the time Sharon has finished her cigarette she has started to calm down. Do not ask me why but I say. "Would you like to get out of here? Go for a drink somewhere?"

"What, you think you are going to take me somewhere and fuck me. Well fuck you." she turns to leave.

"Sharon hold up. I don't think that. Coffee, just coffee. There is a shop two blocks north, and the apple pie is the best in town."

She takes a minute, then relents. "Ok wait there I will be right back." Then she heads back inside. Right back is actually fifteen minutes later. She is dressed in jeans and a loose fitting sweater. She still however looks gorgeous.

Another twenty minutes and we are sitting down opposite each other drinking coffee and eating apple pie. "So Sharon, when I told you about Karl having fucked Kath you didn't believe me. But when I mention the Blonde woman from next door, you did." I say.

Sharon Fielding remains silent. So I continue. "I know Kath has slept with your husband because she has told me. But the truth is I have no proof that good old Karl has actually slept with this Blonde women."

"Jane, her name is Jane. Jane fucking Smith would you believe! And yes he has fucked her."

"You already knew?" I am somewhat puzzled.

"No, not really, not until you said it out loud. Shit if I am being honest I knew when you told me the other day that Karl was... Well you know. That what you were saying was true. But I didn't want to believe it. Then Karl gave me the story about you being a mean controlling and a paranoid prick, I simply chose to believe that..." she stopped talking.

"So what about Jane Smith?" I prod

"That cow has never ever even tried to make a secret of the fact that she is attracted to Karl. She is always flirting and showing off her skanky arse. There was a party, it was late and I couldn't find Karl. He was gone for over forty five minutes. He said he had been out back just getting some air and chilling. Later when I thought about it, I hadn't seen Jane in all that time either. I work two jobs. At a dinner during the day and as a Cocktail waitress Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights. Some nights when I get home there are two wine glasses. He just says Jane dropped over. I have told him I do not like her coming by when I am not there, but he just laughs it off. God I am a stupid bitch."

"You know he meets her after work at the coffee shop close to the school, well that is when he is not meeting my wife there."

"Tom if it is ok I would like to hear all about Karl and your wife." She looks a little anxious.

So I tell her the whole story as I knew it.

"So they have only fucked once?" she asks.

"Yes, well that's what she says. I probably believe her."

"But she does not see that it as an affair, is an affair while she continues to see him? Surely she is not that stupid to think you are going to believe he is a good guy and only a friend?"

"Well seems to be the case" I don't know if I sound frustrated but I feel it.

"And my husband thinks I am a slut." She actually seems a little bemused.

"Well actually it was my wife that labelled you a slut. Karl said free spirited and a little promiscuous."

She actually starts to laugh. "You know Tom I think your wife has been awfully naïve, is awfully naïve, and Karl is a slimy little prick."

"So what are you going to do?" I ask

"Go home. Then take care of my beautiful daughter." I have forgotten about her daughter.

"Come on let me drive you home." I offer.

"My car it is back at the bar." Sharon says a little concerned.

"Leave it for tomorrow, I want to make sure you get home safe." My he-man resurfaces.

Parked in the street outside the Fielding house we sit in the car and quietly stare at each other. Then Sharon takes me by surprise, leans forward and kisses me. "Sorry Tom I hope you didn't mind. I just... Well I just wanted to."

I laugh. "I am not complaining."

"Tom, I am also about to do something else a bit naughty."

"Yes." I say.

"I am going in to tell Karl you took me out. That I did not fuck you tonight but I am going to." Then she hops out of car, heads for the drive before turning and coming back. "Tom I hope you understand it takes more than a cup of coffee and a slice of apple pie to fuck me." Then again she pops her head in the window and kisses me again.

Again Kath and I are in the kitchen. It is more than apparent that Kath is still pissed at me for giving Fielding the beating he deserved. "So your meeting run all this time or is it you just didn't want to come home. You were off sulking again.

Over the last week and with all that had happen, I had found some things painful. However up until now anything Kath had said had not been to deliberately hurt me. That is until now. "Ok Kath I get the message. Now I am off to bed." I was in no mood for another confrontation.

"Bullshit, where have you been?" she yells.

I take a deep breath. "I have been out with Sharon Fielding."

That takes the wind right out of Kath's sails, her voice can now hardly be heard. "You have been out with that slut. You...You... A revenge fuck, was that what it was Tom? Oh god."

"Her name is Sharon. Did you know she has a six year old little girl? That she works two jobs and yes one is as a cocktail waitress. She does have to wear a slutty dress. Did you know she is actually a qualified designer but cannot get a job in her field? Well that's not entirely true, she had a job but her boss couldn't keep his hands to himself so she quit. Does that sound like a slut?"

"Karl said she has been cheating on him. A cocktail waitress, what better place is there to pick up men?" It was just more of the same from Kath.

"Kath she is not a slut. But Karl Fielding fucked you and he is fucking their blonde neighbour. Her name is Jane Smith. My guess sometime soon you are going to get your three some fantasy. Good old Karl, Jane and you."

Kath snapped. "You are lying. He is not fucking anyone else. I don't believe you, I mean it. I don't believe it..." but her voice trails off.

"Well I am a liar and you don't believe me, and it is obvious that you are upset that he is also fucking someone else and not just you." My voice is flat.

Kath now sounds desperate, I guess as she releases what she has just said. "I said it, I meant it. She is the lair, she has been telling you lies. I slept with Karl once and it was a mistake. Tom I have told you, it was a mistake..." the last thing she says is "I am not having an affair," but now with little conviction.

I am done, and it is going to take a fuck'n miracle for me to be there in the morning. I head for the stairs. Sue is standing just outside the doorway where she had been listening. In her hands she has a folder and Kath's lap top.

I lay on the bed. I had planned to pack a bag and head south but I was exhausted. I must have dropped off to sleep. I am woken by Kath gently shaking me. "Tom wake up I need to talk to you. Please Tom."

I look over to the clock, I have been a sleep two hours. I look up at Kath. "Kath I really do not see the point."

"Please Tom."

I sit up and wait for Kath to continue.

She holds up her phone then dials. Kath puts one finger to my lips and says, "Shish." Her phone is on loud speaker.

Fielding answers. "Kath what a pleasant surprise."

"Hello Karl. Karl we need to talk." Kath says.

"Always love talking to you beautiful, you are such a great friend." He says.

"Karl we are no longer friends. I do not want to see you or speak with you, I am ending our affair. Do you understand?"

There is a long pause before fielding replies. "Kath I understand and respect your wishers. I should never have got you involved in my personal life, I am sorry. It is just that you have been, you are a true friend. Kath you should stop feeling guilty, we made a mistake, however despite how much your husband accuses you of it, you are not having an affair. You are way too loyal and honourable to do that."

This guy is good. First he immediately puts Kath at easy by agreeing and going along with her. Then slowly he starts to work on her again. Not missing a chance to make me the bad guy.

"Karl we are finished." Is Kath's emphatic reply. Where was this Kath a week ago?

"Ok Kath I understand. But I hope I can still turn to you if I have a problem at school. I could not have asked for a better mentor." This guy never gives up.

"Karl we are finished."

"Ok Kath. However because you are a friend and I will always think of you that way, I need to tell you something."

"Karl there is nothing..." but fielding cuts her off.

"Kath tonight my wife went out with your husband. Nothing happened, but they have a date for next week, and she is going to fuck him. They have already arranged it." Fielding is still playing his game.

"Karl I know all about it. My husband has told me. Karl she is in for the fuck of her life." Then Kath ends the call. Leans forward and lightly brushes her lips against mine. "Go take a shower babe you look exhausted. If it is ok, can we talk in the morning? I have been such a silly bitch."

With that she gets off the bed and heads for the door. Stopping just before she leaves to say. "There's someone down stairs I need to apologies to. God she must be hurting so bad and what kind of friend have I been. Sue has been lucky to have you here Tom."

I grab a shower and slip under the covers. Just lying there, and once again enjoying life. I am thinking that I owe the girls a night out. I must have just about dropped off to sleep when the light comes on. Kath and Sue are standing in the door way. "We just wanted to say goodnight," Sue says.

"Are you two good?" I ask.

"Yes we are," Sue says.

I lift up the covers. "If you guys are in need of a cuddle."

"In your dreams buddy." they say in unison then they are gone.

This morning I have made a real effort to beat the girls up. Coffee's hot and pancakes are on the way.

First Kath then Sue wanders in. I am a little disappointed as both are dress ready for school. I am not disappointed when I get a smile and a kiss from them both.

"Sit down coffee's hot and the pancakes are nearly done." I say.

They both sit themselves at the table and I pour them coffee then dish up the pancakes. We eat in silence, the mood is a little tense but after last night I am pretty sure we are going to be ok. So as to lighten the mood, I ask. "So do you ladies have plans for Friday night?"

I get a funny look "No." Kath says.

"Why?" Sue asks.

"No reason." I say.

Sue gets all serious. "Tom you can't let Kath resign her job it's not fair." She blurts it out.

"Sue!" Kath scolds.

"Sue it is up to Kath," pausing "But if you were to ask what I want." Again a pause. "I would like Kath to move back in to our room." That's all I say. I get up, get my now customary kiss from both of them and leave for work.