Legacy: Family

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The grass shifted as a strong wind and a bright light illuminated us from above. The classical triangular shaped ship hung otherwise silent in the air.

"What is it waiting for?" I asked.

"You," the avatar announced. "It is awaiting your orders."

Afterward:

They stared at Thomas in disbelief. He had described a dead world but here was the home that the elders remembered from their youth. Over thirty centuries had passed since the death of Osiris Prime. Yet the presence of the Phoenix Born had awakened an entire world. Sleeping machinery had come to life and somehow restored not just the atmosphere but life itself upon the surface of the world. The glittering ship hovered in the air and with a word from Thomas it landed nearby.

"This ship is brand new," one of the elders muttered. "How can this be?"

"The shipyard orbiting Osiris Six must be functional again." Another exclaimed.

"How is this even possible?" The Master of the Isles asked.

"Before the blending," the High Priest explained. "Each clan represented a singular aspect of Osirian society. The very top tier was reserved for the Bennu."

"You mean the Bennu clan." The Master said.

"No, I mean the Bennu as in singular. Even now, none of us can take on that aspect. Thomas is the Bennu and by right and by tradition he will lead us."

"Wait, I have a family... that is what she meant." Thomas muttered remember the words of the goddess.

"Explain please," the High Priest asked showing deference to the young Osirian.

"Tai Gon Tai," he said softly. "She said I might be the fulcrum that shifted more than my life or family."

"The Goddess, she spoke to you?"

"I freed her from the rune book. She said we wouldn't meet again. You know her?" Thomas asked, and the clerics knelt as one.

"I thought you knew." The High Priest explained. "In the ancient tongue her name literally means life beyond life. It would roughly translate to endless life, she is Bennu, the Phoenix Goddess. She was, well is the living embodiment of the Osirian race."

"So, what does that make me?" Thomas asked.

"Her avatar."