Lost in His Past

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"William," she whispered. "I have always loved you, but it's time for you to go on with life. Yes, she does love you too, even though you two don't know it yet. Be good to her, be good with her. Trust that I will always want you to be happy, whatever and whoever it takes to do that. It's time to stop looking at the past, watching where I used to be. It's time to look where you want to be and to find happiness in life once more. Trust that your choices have to make you happy, not me. I'm happy where I am, and I know that someday you'll understand and be happy with where you are as well. Goodbye my love."

William stared at her for a long time before he realized that she not only looked similar to his wife when they were married, but looked exactly like her. The eye mask couldn't hide her dark green eyes and the deep emotion within.

"William?" Shelly said from behind him.

He turned his back to look at Shelly for just a moment, and when he turned back she was gone.

"Where'd she go?" William asked, looking around himself and then around the room.

"Who?"

"The woman in the toga. My....my wife." He said, suddenly choked up at the realization.

"William, there wasn't anyone here. Just you , standing there looking off into space." She said quietly. "Are you alright?"

He took several long deep breaths allowing his mind to process what had just happened. Yes, the kiss was her kiss, and the eyes, definitely her eyes. She looked every bit as beautiful as the day she walked down the aisle toward him.

"Are you okay?" Shelly asked quietly, concerned for his quick change in mood.

"Yeah. I think so." He replied softly, reaching out to pull her close to him. He held her close and then kissed her forehead. "I think I'm finally okay."