Love Me Tender - Please Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What are friends for?" she laughed and pulled out to merge into the lunchtime traffic.

They brought each other up to date on the short drive to the diner.

"Is that all you are going to eat?" Jackie asked in wonder after they had placed their orders. "That's not enough to keep a bird alive."

"I'm trying to lose weight and I'm doing pretty good. I've already lost seven pounds. My clothes are starting to feel loose on me and it's a great feeling."

"Has Mike hit on you yet?" Jackie asked out of the blue.

"What do you mean? Hit on me? He's married and so am I."

"That never stopped him before and it won't stop him now. He's known for, shall we say, straying on a regular basis. Didn't Becky warn you?"

"We've been so busy we barely have a chance to talk. Besides, I don't think we know each other well enough for her to share something like that with me. He is a good-looking guy though. What's his wife like? What's her name?"

"Donna. She's really beautiful in a plastic sort of way."

"What do you mean plastic?"

"With all of their money she's managed to practically reinvent who she was from a few years ago. Don't forget, I knew her when they first got married. I worked with her and Mike over ten years ago. She was the new receptionist at the agency I worked at and he was an agent. He got into her panties less than a week after she took the job."

"Was she married?"

"No, but she was engaged. It didn't seem to matter to either of them. They hit it off right away and they were off to the races. Here's our food."

Their conversation stopped for a while after the server brought them their food and they concentrated on eating so Karen could get back to work on time.

"How long before they got married?" Karen asked on the way back to the office.

"It took over a year for Mike's divorce to be final but they lived together anyway. Rumor was that she was pregnant but she had an abortion. She quit working a couple of years after she had their daughter and Mike opened his own franchise and she spends her time playing golf and tennis at the club or exercising."

"Exercising?"

"You know! The kinds of exercising where a woman lies on her back and tries to lift a man up with her pussy."

"Jackie! Are you making this up?"

"Nope! Listen, she's as bad as he is. She doesn't care who she screws. I think she does it to get back at him. Just be careful. Have you spotted the other agents in there who think they are hot stuff because they bring in the bucks? They are all pussy hounds too. Watch yourself getting out, there's a car coming. Talk to you later."

"What's going on?" Karen asked when she got back to her desk.

Everybody seemed to be standing in little groups talking and Becky was nowhere in sight.

Mike came towards her.

"Becky's water broke and we had to call an ambulance. She's going to be all right. Hey, you missed all the excitement."

"What are we going to do? I don't know everything yet!"

"Becky said that you can handle it. She told us how well you were doing and we'll help you as much as we can. Some of the agents started as secretary-receptionists and I'm sure we'll get through this. Now, there must be a ton of voice messages because no one has been answering the phone for the last thirty minutes or so. You'd better get back to work."

Karen put on her headset and tried to do five things at once in order to catch up. It took another half an hour to listen to all of the voice messages and put them into the agent's mailboxes. Thankfully, one of the agents came over and offered to help her climb out from under the mess. She and the other agents answered the phone for her while Becky struggled with the copier. She was trying to update the weekly schedule for the agents assigned to the office and the open houses for the next week and weekend.

It was already five-thirty when she looked up at the clock.

"Oh, my God! I didn't know it was this late. I have to call Ray and tell him I'm going to be late."

Ray seemed to understand and he said he would take care of dinner. The kids were not even home yet and they could take care of themselves when they got there.

She was standing at the office printer waiting for the schedule sheets to print out when Mike's voice startled her.

"I'm getting ready to close up. You don't want to stay here by yourself, do you?"

Karen jumped but immediately realized who it was. She had glanced up several times while she was working and saw that he was at his desk each time. She had not noticed that he had come out until he spoke to her.

"Oh! You scared me," she said and flushed at her embarrassment.

"I'm sorry," he replied while standing behind her. "Are you almost finished? Everybody else is gone."

"Yes, just a few dozen more pages and it'll be done."

Karen felt his hand on her shoulder and she tried not to flinch or pull away.

"You are already doing a great job," he congratulated her and gave her shoulder a little squeeze. "I don't know how you did it all but you have my gratitude and admiration."

"Thank you," she replied and felt herself blush again. "I appreciate that but I'm just trying to do my job."

Putting his arm around her waist he pulled her towards him and against his side, "We try to work as a family here and you are already a member."

At first, Karen tensed but his soft voice and his friendly hug allowed her to relax. She was conscious of her breast pressing into his side and she could smell the scent of his cologne and wondered how it could last all day.

"That's it, that's the last one," she said and started collecting the sheets from the printer sorter trays.

Mike had released her shoulder and stepped back away from her to allow her to stack the copies on top of the printer. They started to slide and part of the stack fell to the floor. Backing up she ran into Mike who reached out and grabbed her by the hips.

"Shit!" she said and immediately regretted it. "I'm sorry, it's just that I'm tired," she apologized.

"Careful!" he admonished. "You almost fell. I don't need two ambulances at my office on the same day."

He didn't let go of her hips and Karen could feel his fingers gently flexing on the edges of her belly. Jackie's words of caution came back to her and stepping forward she squatted to pick up the paper.

"Here, let me help you," he offered and knelt down next to her.

Karen was flustered and didn't know if he was really trying to help her or if he was hitting on her. He was now down on his knees so he could reach under the printer table to retrieve a stray copy. She was still trying to straighten out the mess in her hands when he straightened up and handed her the stack that he held. The heel of her shoe caught on something and losing her balance she ended up sitting on the floor in front of him. Her dress flew up over her thighs and with her hands full she couldn't pull it down.

"Shit!" she said again.

Looking up she realized that he was looking up her dress between her wide-open legs. For some reason she felt a little pang of excitement at exhibiting herself to him and she tried to remember what color panties she was wearing.

"Here, let me help you," he said and she watched him as he took his time and did not take his eyes off of whatever he could see up under her dress. Taking the copies from her hands he stood up and placed the stack on a desk next to the printer before turning and offering his hand to help her up.

"Here you go," he laughed and pulled her up to a standing position.

Karen looked at him and burst into tears.

"Oh, please don't cry," he said. "What's the matter?"

"I'm sorry," she blubbered. "I was trying to make a good impression on you and I really messed it up. You must think I'm a real klutz."

"No, no," he soothed and pulled her into a hug against his body. "No, no. I already told you I admired you and I'm pleased with your efforts. Now calm down and don't get yourself all upset. Everything is going to be all right. I'll take care of you."

Karen was comforted by his gesture and his quiet, soothing voice almost whispering, in her ear. His hands were on her back and while he talked he gently caressed her in little circular motions from her waist up to her shoulders. Reaching one hand between them, he pulled a monogrammed handkerchief out of his pocket and dabbed at the tears covering her cheeks.

Karen felt the back of his hand against the flesh of her chest above her neckline. She tensed for a moment when she thought he was going to touch her breast. The feeling passed and she again experienced that little twinge and relaxed against him enjoying the feel of his warm hand as he comforted her.

"Cucumber," she thought. "I'm wearing my pale green panties."

"There, there. Now take this and go into the ladies room and take care of your makeup. Your mascara is running a little but you still look as pretty as when you walked in this morning."

Again, Karen felt the flush spreading up over her chest and neck to her face.

"Thank you," she replied and taking the handkerchief from his fingers she walked towards the ladies room. "I'll be right back she said over her shoulder."

All of the lights were turned out when she came back into the office. There was only a glow from the lights on the computers and from a light on a pole out in the parking lot.

"Where are you?" she asked with a little tremor in her voice.

"Right here," his soft voice came from near her shoulder.

Grasping her waist with his arm around her he again pulled her against his side.

"I'll guide you out."

"My purse," she said. "I need my purse."

"I have it right here. Don't worry. Come this way."

She could see his white shirt almost glowing in the near darkness as he steered her to the front door.

"I have to set the alarm. Wait here," he ordered and closed the door leaving her standing outside.

Karen was turning to walk towards her car when she realized he still had her purse. She stopped and waited for him to come out.

Mike came out of the door and locked it.

"We have to wait a minute to make sure the alarm is set," he said.

A light flashed and a little beep of a horn sounded inside the office confirming that the alarm was set.

Turning towards Karen, Mike said, "I'll teach you how to set and disarm the alarm tomorrow and give you your set of keys. There are days when you will have to either open or close."

"OK. My purse please," she said.

"Whoops, sorry," he replied and taking her arm he looped the purse strap around it.

"Thank you. See you tomorrow."

Karen's car was parked in front of the little bar and sports lounge two doors down from the office. He followed her down to her car and waited while she opened the door. As she fumbled with her key, she could hear music and the sound of laughter coming from the open door of the bar. Standing next to her car, he cautioned her not to park there because some of the patrons were known to harass the female agents when they came out after working late.

"Park on the other side of our office, there is always plenty of room there in the morning."

"Thanks," she replied and moved to get into her car.

Mike opened the door all the way and stepping inside of it, he placed his right hand on her shoulder so, in effect, she was trapped between the door and his arm.

"Would you like to step in and have a quick drink before you go home?" he asked nodding towards the club. "I'm buying as a reward for the great job you did today."

"No, but thank you. I have to get home to my kids," she said. "Good night, and thanks."

"See you tomorrow," he replied and giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze he continued, "Thanks, again."

He leaned down and she panicked when she realized that he was going to kiss her on the lips. Quickly turning her head to expose her cheek to his lips, she waited for the touch. A loud screech of brakes caused her to turn her head back towards the parking lot and she was momentarily blinded by the high beams of a white van that had come to a screeching stop behind her car.

He used the moment to plant a firm kiss on her lips. She was surprised and didn't immediately react. After a few moments, she broke the kiss by sliding down into her seat. Glancing into the rear view mirror she saw the van backing up and roaring away down the parking lot.

"Thanks, again. Goodnight," she said and inserted her key into the ignition.

She didn't want to annoy her boss but she also didn't want to give him any wrong ideas if she were to sit and have a drink with him with nobody else around.

Mike closed the door of her car and turning away he pressed the button on his remote to open the door of his Cadillac Escalade parked in his reserved spot in front of the real estate office.

"Take care," he said over his shoulder.

Karen started her car and pulled out into the light, evening traffic. Reviewing the events of the past twenty minutes she again wondered if he was just being nice or if he was really like Jackie said he was.

"Why didn't you include your husband when you told him your kids were waiting for you?" she muttered. "Careful, you fool. Don't get carried away."

Karen decided that Mike was being more than friendly. Rather than being disturbed by it, the thought crossed her mind that she had, in some small way, enjoyed the little flirtation.

"Damn it!" she said aloud. "I left the copies in a mess on my desk. I'll have to straighten them out first thing in the morning."

Chapter 05

All the lights were on in the house when Karen pulled into the driveway. She almost ran up the steps to the front door but slowed when she reached for the handle. For some reason she felt guilty for the little episode. Her conscience was trying to make her take some responsibility for the pleasure she took from it but she rejected the thought. Taking a few deep breaths she calmed down and managed to walk slowly into her brightly lit but quiet home.

Ray was nowhere in sight and she could hear the sounds of music coming from the children's rooms. The kitchen was spotless but there was an odor of just cooked food in the air. Moving to the refrigerator, she opened the door and saw a dinner plate wrapped in plastic wrap on the top shelf.

"He saved my dinner for me," she thought. "Good! I'm starving."

Removing the plastic wrap, she covered the plate with a paper towel and put it in the microwave to reheat before going upstairs to change out of her work clothes. Ray wasn't in their bedroom either so she knocked on Brian's door but he couldn't hear her because of the loud music coming from inside. Pounding on the door, she tried the knob but it was locked. She rattled the knob and pounded again but she still got no response from Brian. She was about to give up when Melody opened the door to her room and looked out.

"Don't break the door down," she admonished. "He probably has his earphones on while playing on the Internet. He can't hear you."

"Where's your father?" Karen asked.

"I dunno. He left a little while ago. He said he'd be right back. Your dinner is in the refrigerator. Where have you been? It's eight o'clock."

"It's a long story. I'll tell you about it sometime. I'm going to take a shower."

Karen kicked her shoes off and stripping out of her clothes she tossed them on the bed on her way to the bathroom. Sitting on the commode she felt herself relax for the first time that day. Extending her leg and pointing her toes she made a mental decision to get a pedicure as soon as she could find the time.

Forming a pad of toilet paper she rose slightly and patted her bottom dry. Dropping the pad into the toilet she noticed that she could see her belly drooping and a little roll of fat around her thighs. It was nothing new but this was the first time that she had honestly looked at herself in that way. Standing up she grasped her butt cheeks in both hands and shook them.

"Definitely not what you would call firm," she decided with a frown and stepped into the shower.

The hot water washed away the tension of the day and she relaxed against the wall. After washing her hair and her body she turned around and let the water cascade down over her neck and back. Her position brought her belly into view again and she made another mental decision to go on a diet and start exercising.

Loosely wrapping a towel around her, she opened the door and stepped into the bedroom to see Ray holding her panties in one hand and her bra in the other. He was apparently examining the crotch of her panties and he appeared to be in the process of lifting them towards his face. He quickly dropped them back onto the bed when she opened the door and he saw her.

"Where have you been?" he demanded. "I called the office but no one answered. We've been worried about you."

"I'm sorry. I transferred the phones over to the voice mail at five o'clock. I'll give you a direct number so you can call me if I have to stay over again."

"I thought you were only going to work late one night a week," he said in a perturbed tone. "Is this going to be a regular thing?"

"No, we had a problem today, that's all. I'm sorry."

"Your dinner is in the refrigerator," he said and left the room.

Karen dropped the towel on the bed and collected her clothes to put into the wash. As she stuffed her bra and pantyhose into the net lingerie bag she wondered why Ray was examining her panties. She, too, examined the crotch but could find nothing. Slipping into her pajamas she belted her robe and walked barefoot down to the kitchen to eat her dinner. Ray had the table set with her heated plate and was making a pot of coffee.

"Do you want some wine with it," he asked.

"Yes, thank you," she replied and walking over to him she hugged him and went to kiss him.

Ray pulled back for a second and she realized that he had sniffed her breath before he touched his lips to hers.

"I'm sorry," she apologized. "It was a hectic day and I couldn't get everything done."

"I'm sorry I snapped at you," he said and getting a bottle of wine from the refrigerator he turned and poured some into her glass.

Ray patiently listened while Karen described her day between mouthfuls of food.

"It sounds like you did the best you could and your boss really appreciated it," he sympathized after she had finally wound down.

"Several times he mentioned how grateful he was for me to try and get everything done."

"I'll bet," he sarcastically said while clearing the table to let her sit back and sip her coffee.

"So, what time did you finally leave the office?" he asked while rinsing her plate off in the sink.

"About 7:30, I guess, right before I got home. Why?"

"Just wondering," he replied and finished putting her dish and tableware into the dishwasher.

"Where were you when I got home?" she asked.

Straightening up, he closed the door to the dishwasher and turning towards Karen, he leaned back against the counter while drying his hands.

"I ran over to the store to get the wine," he replied.

"Where?" she asked.

"The liquor store near the lounge on Fifth Street," he replied without moving his eyes from her face.

"Oh?" she softly questioned his answer.

"That's near the office, why did he go way over there?" she thought to herself.

"Did you know this Mike guy before your interview," he nonchalantly asked.

Karen hesitated while she considered whether his knowing her from the PTO meetings meant that they knew each other.

"Well, sort of," she replied after a pause. "He used to come to the PTO meetings when I was Vice-president. He told me that he liked the way I ran the meetings. Why?"

"Just curious. I was wondering if you knew him before you started there," he added and put the wine bottle back into the refrigerator. "I have some stuff I want to do downstairs. I'll be back up later."