Love Will Lead You Back

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Spyauth
Spyauth
120 Followers

"Greg, I really appreciate your concern, but I'll be fine. Really. I have no plans to leave SE Box," Emily retorted almost angrily.

"Would you wait here till I get back? I need to go do something real quick. We'll talk more when I get back."

"Sure."

About ten minutes later, Greg's door opened. It wasn't Greg that stepped through the door, but Cam. She was stunned.

"Cam, what are you doing here?" Emily yelled perhaps a little too loudly.

"Someone let me know you weren't well and thought maybe I should stop by and see you," Cam replied.

"I'm fine. I guess Greg put you up to this?" she said indignantly.

"Emily, he's concerned about you. He said you nearly fainted after your presentation today. Is that true?" Cam asked.

"No. I felt a little dizzy that's all. Besides, why do you care? I mean you made it pretty clear, after I made my decision, you wanted nothing from me. You barely made it to the door to see me off. You don't owe me anything. I know I hurt you, Cam. I'm sorry. I can't undo your hurt. I made my decision and moved on. You need to as well," Emily said in a flat monotone. It almost sounded like she was trying to convince herself of everything she just said. She knew she still loved Cam. But she wanted him in her life, not 2500 miles away.

Cam still desperately loved Emily. Not a day or hour went by in the last two months when he hadn't thought about her. He needed Emily to understand he never stopped loving her. "Do you remember when we talked about the Delilah show?" Cam asked carefully, hoping she would.

"Yes. But what does that have to do with anything?"

"Do you ever listen to it?"

"I'm too busy during the week, maybe sometimes on the weekends. Why?" Emily asked, puzzled.

"You might want to record it, and listen to her show when you have time. I think you'll find something in all of her advice to the forlorn souls that call into her show," Cam replied mysteriously. "Make no mistake Emily, I love you. I told you before you left, I would love you forever and I still mean it. I really do hope you feel better. Safe travels back home." Cam kissed her cheek, then walked out the door.

Greg returned almost immediately. "I hope I didn't make a mistake by sending Cameron in to talk to you."

"No. It was probably good we had that talk. It was long overdue. It doesn't really change anything, but I have some new things to think about. Thanks Greg."

"Glad you got something out it. If you're up to it, I'd love to have you join my wife and me for dinner this evening," Greg extended his invitation.

"Thanks, but I think I'll head back to the hotel, pack and crash. Early flight back to the West Coast tomorrow morning," Emily replied defeated.

"Hey kiddo, don't look so down. At least now I understand your problem. Like I said no promises, but let me work on it, Okay?" Greg asked.

"Thanks Greg. I'll figure something out."

+++

July 2015

The July 4th weekend was in just two days. The plant launch had been successful. There were still a few kinks to work out with the equipment and a few more sales staff to hire, but the project was considered a huge success at last week's board meeting. Greg personally congratulated her as well as Chuck the CEO, for coming in on-time and slightly under budget.

Emily felt energized professionally. But she'd suffered many lonely nights either working or sitting in her small apartment longing for Cam. His children Amanda and Amber even appeared in her thoughts. She wondered how they were doing. She hadn't spoken to Cam since their last meeting in April, when Cam said he still loved her. If he still loved her, why couldn't he move to California with her? Damnit. She knew, it was his girls which kept him firmly entrenched in Raleigh. She knew Cam's support infrastructure including his parents, and friends were there.

She had taken Cam's suggestion and recorded Delilah's shows during the week, when she was busy. She had played some on the weekends, but was behind in listening due to the last push to get the plant completed on-time. Now she had a 4 day weekend with no friends, nothing to do and little desire to do anything. Her apartment needed cleaning, so she launched the pre-recorded Delilah shows and started cleaning. Cleaning reminded her of her weekends spent in her Chicago condo. It depressed her even more.

It didn't take her long to finish deep cleaning her small apartment. She was just about to turn off her iPad, when something caught her attention as she stopped the vacuum. The caller's name was Cameron. The name wasn't that unusual, but as soon as she heard his voice, she knew it was her Cam. She stopped and scrolled back a few minutes listening to the end of the prior song so she could hear Cam's call from the beginning.

"Hello caller, this is Delilah, You're on the air."

"Hi Delilah, this is Cameron. Thanks for taking my call. I called in New Year's Eve last year."

"Hi Cameron. I remember. Did you ask your girl on a date? How did it go?"

"The date went well. In fact, it went so well, I fell in love with her," Cam replied, laughing a little.

"Cameron, I'm so happy for you. Are you calling from your honeymoon, or is there more to your story?"

"Well...there is a little more to the story. The woman I fell in love with on our first date, let's just call her 'M', took a new job and moved to California to pursue her career. I completely support her decision but it makes life pretty miserable without her."

"Cameron, does 'M' know how you feel about her?" Delilah asked tentatively.

"Yes. I mean I think so. I've only seen her once in April since she moved out west, but I told her then," Cam replied eagerly as if Delilah had some magic potion that could bring Emily back.

"Has 'M' told you how she feels?"

"Yes. She says she loves me too. But it seems her career is more important. At least right now."

"Then to me, it sounds like you two have to use your love and deep connection to figure out how to get back together. I think I have the perfect song for you both. This is for you Cameron, and 'M' if you're listening. Thanks for calling Cameron. I wish you peace and love so you and 'M' can find your way back together."

"Thanks Delilah. I hope so."

Delilah played "Love Will Lead You Back," by Taylor Dane. Cam had only heard the song a few times, so he took the time to look up the lyrics. After listening to the song and Taylor's adoring plea to whomever she was singing, Cam started crying. When he read the lyrics-the story the song told—they made him cry harder. He never wanted to let her go, yet felt she needed the time on her own. He hoped their love would lead them back together.

Saying goodbye is never an easy thing; But you never said, that you'd stay forever

So if you must go; Well, darling I'll set you free

But I know in time; That we'll be together

Sometimes it takes; Sometime out on your own now

To find your way back home

Love will lead you back...

Emily listened to Delilah's show intently, starting where Cam said he fell in love with her on their first date. She cried. She had been miserable the last four and half months. The reason was playing on her iPad. Cam held her heart, just like he said he would. He had never let go. She had misjudged how much Cam really meant to her. He loved her like no one had.

She booked the next available flight, a redeye which arrived in Raleigh early the next morning. Instead of sending a text before she left, she waited until she landed.

Emily knew she had to be with Cam and his girls. It was where she belonged. Completing her project gave her an idea. She composed a brief e-mail to Greg and sent it to him. It was technically a holiday, but executives frequently checked e-mail regardless. She went off to pack. They would still have a three day weekend to enjoy, if things worked out like she planned.

+++

Her plane landed on time at RDU the next morning. She sent Cam a text, "Cam can you meet me at our spot at RDU? Just landed. Love you, 'M'." She waited what seemed like an eternity for a reply, willing Cam to respond.

Cam's phone chimed, thinking it was probably a text from work. If one of the execs couldn't get their e-mail over a long weekend, they got nervous and called in for tech support. Cam was on-call over the long holiday weekend. It wasn't starting out well, if he was already getting texts at 8 on Saturday morning.

When he looked at his phone, he was startled to see Emily's text. The way she signed it seemed curious too, until he remembered that was how he referred to her during his call to Delilah several weeks back. He thought of the song Delilah played. Maybe she was finding her way back. He was overjoyed, but cautious. Did he really want to have to say goodbye to her again? His thoughts were scattered. "Be there in 15. Love, Cam." Emily's phone dinged while she was collecting her luggage from the overhead. She breathed and smiled. Her smile broadened and her demeanor turned carefree when she read Cam's reply. Things were going to work out just fine, she could feel it.

She was patiently waiting at their spot when Cam arrived. The girls were in the back on their iPads, but stopped when they saw Emily in the back looking through the lift gate as it rose. Cam was with Emily hoisting her luggage in, when she turned him to face her. "I got your message Cam," she said.

Confused, Cam hadn't left her any message. They hadn't spoken since April. "I didn't leave a message Emily, but I am glad to see you."

Emily pulled his neck down and planted a scorching kiss full of pent up demand on his lips. He opened his lips and she probed his mouth with her tongue. Cam could feel the desperate urgency in Emily. They broke their embrace as the girls had starting chanting, "Ewwww, that's gross."

"If there was another Cameron that talked about a woman named 'M' moving to California, who called into the Delilah show, then you better let me go, otherwise, I'm staying here with you and the girls, until you tell me otherwise. I love you Cameron Glenn. And I need you and the girls. Clear enough?"

"'M', I love you too. But, are you really back? I mean are you back for good?" Cam asked enthused at the possibilities.

Emily hollered through the lift gate, "Girls, I think you're daddy needs his ears cleaned out. I just told him I love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him. And I think I owe you two a sleepover, we didn't get to have last time I was here."

Both girls shouted, "Yay!"

Emily nodded her head in the girls' direction, "I think they like the idea. How about you?" Emily asked a little coquettishly.

"I like the idea just fine. How long did you say you were staying?"

"Oh maybe 50, no make that 60 years. Too long?"

"Never. I hate saying goodbye."

+++

Once back at Cam's house, he took Emily's suitcase to the guest room. He was willing to share her with the girls, but felt like after their sleepover, 'M', would be more comfortable in the master with him. He was almost sure she felt the same after her pronouncement and their kiss at the airport. Having 'M' in the guest room gave him time to talk with her about what changed. He knew from company e-mail the new plant and office launched last week were a huge success, much of it attributed to Emily's diligence and dedication.

During the prior evening, while waiting on her flight to the East Coast, Emily received a reply to the e-mail she sent Greg. It was straightforward. It said 'Yes'. Emily's emotions calmed. She had the answer she wanted to share with Cam.

The four of them, spent Saturday getting reacquainted. Emily was relaxed. To the girls it seemed like she was only gone for a week. They picked up where they left off—getting ready for a sleepover. Emily easily fit into the girls' lives like she was never gone. It amazed Cam at the ease with which the three of them connected. It buoyed his spirits.

Just one item, niggled at the back of his brain. It would need to wait until after the girls went to bed this evening. Dinner turned out to be a carbon copy of the last time Emily was here. He ordered pizza but instead of eating at the table, they sat around the TV and watched Hallmark channel movies and shared pizza and sodas. The domestic scene in the family room wasn't lost on Emily.

She absorbed the picture of what might become their family room if things went the way she hoped. For the first time in forever, she was at peace with the man she loved, her surroundings, and her job. At 9, Cam announced they had 30 more minutes. The girls complained, until Cam let them know they already got an extension. At 9:30, he summoned the girls to brush their teeth while he setup sleeping bags.

By 9:45 the girls were tucked and kissed goodnight. With all the activity from today, they would probably be asleep soon. Emily changed out of her jeans and shirt, in favor of some nightwear she brought along. She popped across the hall for a quick shower.

When she came down the stairs, she was wearing a modest bathrobe over a pink negligee, which provoked Cam's lascivious thoughts. Her negligee came to just above her knees. It was quite appropriate with her semi-transparent robe. Her perfume was intoxicating. He grinned at Emily, like he had just won the lottery.

"You look ravishing 'M'. I hope you don't mind if I call you that?" Cam asked sincerely.

"I don't mind at all. In fact, I love it. My sister Chrissy is the only other person that calls me that. I'll always be your 'M', Cam," Emily purred.

"Emily, I have to know, what changed? I'm ecstatic you're here, but what about your job?" Cam asked.

"My love, I'm not worried about it for once in my life. I sent a note to Greg yesterday, after I heard your dedication to me on the Delilah show. I told him I couldn't work in LA, because the love of my life lives in Raleigh. He knew our history from April. Since the West Coast office and plant opening was a success, he agreed to let me work in Raleigh. He promised to find a position for me. I don't think he would have been as understanding had I not taken the position and been successful." Emily explained.

"Emily, I love you. I want you in my life. My life's been miserable without you. I know the girls would love it if you stayed too. Are you serious when you say you want to stay here, with me and the girls?" Cam asked.

"Cam, I had over 4 months alone to think about what's important. The conclusion I drew was easy after I thought about it. I want to be with you, the girls, and family for as long as I can have it. I need to be with you and the girls. I want the white picket fence, if we can get it," Emily replied.

"Oh, we can get it. So if I were to ask you a very serious question in the near future, you wouldn't object too strongly to making it a lifetime commitment? I mean 50 to 60 years does sound pretty good to me."

"You'll just have to ask me, Mr. Glenn," Emily replied mysteriously, then kissed him.

Cam turned up the mix of 80's and 90's love songs playing from the family room speakers. "May I have this dance?"

"For the rest of my life? Too country?" she asked smiling.

"As long as I'm your partner, no. Never too country, and Yes for the rest of our lives," he said.

Cam and Emily danced to a few slow love songs, before their passion overtook them. They ended up on the family room couch making out like teenagers. Before they got too carried away, Emily suggested they wait until the grandparents could watch the kids. Cam reluctantly agreed. Emily put herself to bed unwillingly, but excited to sleep with what she now considered her girls.

It was well after midnight when she went to the guest room. It was like the girls had radar. As soon as the guest room door opened, they were all over her. Emily turned on her nightstand light to low, and they talked.

"Amanda, Amber, would it be alright if I shared your daddy with you? I know you only just met me for the second time, but I really like your daddy. In fact, I told him that I want to spend the rest of my life with him."

Amber spoke first, "Are you going to marry my daddy?"

Emily spoke very softly, "I'd like that very much, but he has to ask me first. I think I've given him every positive sign I'm very interested in marrying him. I love him sweetheart, just like he loves you and Amanda."

Amanda said, "If you marry daddy, will that make you our mom?"

Emily teared up answering their questions, "No sweetheart, you already have a mom. I could never take her place." Both girls looked dejected and confused. "I can be your mama though, and your best friend forever. How would that be?"

Both the girls screamed, "Yay!" Amber said, "We like you Miss Emily. You can be our best friend and mama."

"Remember, that's only if daddy asks me to marry him. Okay?" Emily asked. Each of the girls nodded their understanding. "We have to keep this a secret, until daddy asks me. Okay?" The girls nodded their agreement.

"Let's see if we have any cookies in the kitchen for a late night snack, then we need to get some sleep. How does that sound?"

Amanda answered, "Daddy doesn't usually let us have cookies this late at night."

"Well, then it will be our little secret, but we have to be quiet," Emily whispered while they walked out to the kitchen in their pajamas and robes. The girls quietly giggled, while they enjoyed their cookies and milk.

As they were quietly returning to the bedroom, Cam opened his door and spied the cookie bandits returning to their lair. He decided not to make a big deal out of the late night cookie raid.

+++

Cam sent Deb a text the next morning, "Hi Deb, have you got room for one more at your party this afternoon? I'd like to bring a friend."

"Sure, anyone I know?" She replied.

"I'm pretty sure you do, but I don't want to spoil the surprise. See you around 3. Thanks."

Deb considered the possibilities and who their mutual acquaintance might be. She couldn't come up with anyone. As long as Cam was happy.

+++

Cam was up early Sunday morning. Breakfast was well on its way, by the time his princesses as he thought of them came down to the table. The larger princess, looked even better with her hair a mess. He had to remember it was 3 hours earlier according to her clock.

"Good morning ladies. There's juice on the table and coffee on the counter. Now is anyone interested in waffles this morning?" Cam already had the waffle maker heated, and the batter made. There wasn't much enthusiasm coming from anyone. He knew they were up late last night, talking and stealing cookies. "Okay, since no one wants bacon and waffles, I'll just put it away then. I can't imagine why nobody is hungry this morning," He said, with a questioning eye ominously posed towards Emily.

Amanda spoke up, "No daddy, I want one."

Amber said, "I want one too, please."

A bleary-eyed Emily, nodded but said, "I'll have one too please." All three of the girls looked at each other and knew they were busted. Emily looked guilty, eyes beseeching forgiveness. Cam smiled lovingly at her.

"That's better. Three waffles coming up," Cam announced. After everyone had their waffle and bacon, Cam said, "I need to go into the office for a little bit after breakfast. I'm on call this weekend, and somebody is having trouble getting their e-mail. I shouldn't be too long, so I want you to keep Miss Emily company. And don't forget, we're going over to Aunt Deb's this afternoon for a big cookout, so not too much snacking," Cam directed his last comment at Emily. She looked guilty for about 5 seconds, then smiled back at Cam blushing, who smiled in return. He leaned over and kissed her. The girls did their 'Ewww' thing.

Spyauth
Spyauth
120 Followers