Mid-Life in Crisis

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

********************************

Karney was going crazy. If she didn't know any better, she would have though Stella was teasing and making her crazy on purpose. Every time they might get a moment to take things farther, something would interrupt. If it wasn't the phone, it would be one of the boys or Amy with a question. She loved Stella's kids, but damn she wished they would all disappear for one night. Either that or she had to find a way to get Stella over to her place and see if they could work on the frustration level that was almost out of control.

Little did she know, all she had to do was ask. Stella, who on most days relished in the teasing, was also at wits end. She didn't know how to take the next step. She knew what she wanted, but not how to get it. What did she know about seducing a woman? Until recently she had never thought she would ever have a chance to figure out her attraction to Karney.

Amy watched with suppressed mirth. She knew something was going on, but no matter how hard she tried, she could never catch them in an embrace or kissing again. She wanted to be able to walk in and act like nothing was wrong. But they kept dancing around it and except for that first night, she never could catch them at it again.

She figured since she had kissed a boy... 'Yuck' and a girl... 'Yummy', she knew just what her mother wanted and needed. Life was so much clearer to her teenaged mind. She couldn't understand what their problem was. If one of them would make the first move, then Karney could move in and they all could live happily ever after.

As if life was that easy. Well it could be, but not when you are dealing with two adults with divorces and problems with trust. After watching them for a couple of weeks, Amy figured since she seemed to be the only one thinking straight, it was up to her to confront her mom. She 'slept in late' one school day and didn't open her door until she heard her brothers' pound down the stairs and slam the door behind them.

She felt like she should go into acting as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and stumbled into the bathroom, know her mother was watching. After taking as much time as she could, stalling her morning routine. She came out ready to ask her mom to take her to school.

"So, you wanted to talk to me about something?" Stella asked her daughter whose actions were totally obvious.

"No... I over slept. Can you take me to school?" She asked trying to play innocent.

"Sure, as soon as you sit down and tell me what this is all about." Stella crossed her arms and motioned her daughter into a chair.

"What makes you think...?" Amy started.

"Because I'm a mom, now spill it. We're wasting time and your grades aren't as high as they should be. So if you want me to write you an excuse, get to talking." Stella said and sat across from her daughter wondering what was wrong.

"Mom, when is it the right time to start to make love to someone?" Amy asked, trying to come at this from a different angle.

"That all depends. But I'd hope you'll wait for that until you find the right person in like ten years or so. Why?" Stella looked concerned. "Is someone trying to convince you to do that?"

"Oh god no...! I know better than that. I'm not like my brothers who think with their sexual organs. I just know someone whose... well I'm just confused about what's going on." She actually looked confused.

"Oh, okay then. I guess." Stella stopped to think. She knew this had to be important for her daughter to give the performance she watched this morning. "Well first off, they would have to be single and available to make that type of commitment. Then the feelings would have to be mutual. Then I guess if it feels right, then they could take the step into a committed relationship."

"Did you wait until you were married for the first time?" Amy asked wondering. She did know many of her mother's beliefs, even if they sounded strange in today's society.

"Yes, well we waited until we were engaged, before we had sex. Why is this so important right now?"

"Well like I said, I know some people who act like they are in love, but neither one is willing to take the next step. I mean in some ways its fun to watch, but in others I wonder if they know what they're missing." Amy said and ran her hands through her hair, refusing to look in her mother's eyes.

"Well honey, sex is a big step for some people. There are also many other issues to deal with, like trust or even compatibility. Even if two people are in love, that doesn't mean they actually like each other."

"Yeah well, they've been friends for ever. And it shouldn't matter that they are the same sex. I mean if love is love it doesn't matter right?" Amy asked and blushed, knowing she blew it.

"Well that can add some complications, especially for the younger crowd. It seems like young people don't think before they act. I hope you are being careful."

"Mom...! I keep telling you this isn't about me. I don't even have a crush right now. Honest!" She rolled her eyes. "It's about some women I know who look like they love each other but, well... damn it you and Karney look so good together." Amy huffed in total frustration.

"Me and Karney...?" Stella rocked back shocked. "What does this have to do with me and Karney? We're friends, nothing more." Stella blushed at the thought that her daughter had figured out her attraction to another woman and was going to use it against her. "Why, what has your father asked?"

"What does dad have to do with it? Like I'd tell him what's happening here. Besides he has his head so far up Sheila's butt, all he can see is crap." Amy waved off her mother's insane comment. "This is about the kiss I saw you sharing with Karney. It's like totally obvious to me that you two are in love, but are afraid or something."

"Um, well um...." Sheila stammered completely off guard. "I'm just barely divorced from your father. I'm not sure. I mean I like her and...." She stopped realizing what she was saying. "Why am I trying to explain it to you?" she asked herself.

"Well you have to think about it somehow. It's not like I'm adverse to the idea, but we already know which direction I'm leaning. I'm sure my brothers will have a fit, but they'll get used to it. Besides, they like Karney as much as I do." Amy said like it all made perfect sense.

"You haven't talked to them about this have you?" Stella asked automatically.

"NO! I'm not stupid. So, you are in love with her aren't you?" Amy asked smelling a victory.

"I, I don't know. And, I don't like the fact my kids are discussing my sex life or the lack there of. You need to keep your thoughts and observations to yourself or you'll be grounded for life." She warned her daughter. "Now get your stuff, you're late for school and I have to get some work done." Stella got up, ending the conversation.

Amy stewed during the drive to school. She knew by the look on her mom's face that she wasn't in the mood to continue the conversation. Knowing she'd have all day to dread the consequences, she finally told her mother as she got out of the car.

"Oh, by the way, I think Karney is in love with you too." Before she slammed the door and ran into the school with her late note.

"Son of a bitch!" Stella said as she watched her daughter run away. The rest of the day was a complete waste. Stella couldn't concentrate on the article she was supposed to be writing. Amy's words kept running through her mind, making her even more confused.

She realized that she had been teasing Karney, but didn't know what to do about it. She knew she didn't want to stop when they started kissing and rubbing each other. But, she never thought of herself as gay or lesbian. She was a divorced mother, for heaven's sake. She'd been a house wife for longer than she cared to remember. Someone didn't turn gay after all that?

Did they?

"Hey Mom... Can Jason and Paul come over?" Her son yelled, breaking the spell.

"What...? Why are you home so early?" She asked automatically.

"Mom...! "Ryan said confused. "It's like four thirty. I was wondering if my friends could come over. Then maybe convince you into buying some pizza. The game is on and we want to hang out." He smiled and shook his head at the blank look on his mom's face.

"That's fine dear." She shook her head, trying to clear it. "If you make a mess, you clean it!" She added as she absently picked up the phone to dial for the pizza delivery.

"Wow; that was easy. I wonder what's wrong." Brian asked as they walked away, already texting their friends, telling them the party was on.

"Yeah, maybe we should go ask if she'll spring for some beer." Ryan smiled at his twin.

"Don't push it." Stella said as she came out of her office. "I'll be at Karney's. Where's your sister?" She asked looking around.

"She said she's having a sleep over with what's her name. She said she called, but you didn't answer. She said you have the number." Brian told him mother.

"Yeah, cool. Give Karney a kiss for us." Ryan smiled and bumped into his brother, trying to trip him.

"Quit lusting after mom's girlfriend. It's embarrassing." His brother said, pushing back. "You'll never know we were there after the game. Have fun with Karney." Brian said and hugged his mom goodbye.

"Cool beans, the house to ourselves." Ryan said wiggling his eye brows.

"Yeah, so don't blow it being stupid or it will never happen again." Brian warned as they headed to get the big screen ready for the game.

"Have fun...." Stella said, still in a daze.

She drove on auto pilot. Her mind racing with the words from her children tumbling through her head. She tried to figure out if this thing with Karney was just because no one had showed her any positive attention, or something more meaningful. Before she knew it, she was sitting in front of Karney's townhouse, her knuckles white from gripping the steering wheel.

Taking a deep breath, Stella forced herself to walk up to her door and knock. She didn't know what she wanted to say, but she knew she had to say it. She rubbed her hands down her skirt as she listened to Karney coming to the door.

"Oh, hi...!" Karney said as she opened the door. Before she knew what hit her, Stella was wrapping her arms around her and kissing her like she had never been kissed before.

Stella saw Karney and saw the emotions on her face. Her first instinct was to kiss the pain away. She didn't hesitate as she kissed her friend. As the kiss lingered, Stella felt Karney moan and start to relax into it.

They stood there in the doorway kissing for what seemed like forever. The worry and anger flowed out of Karney as the smaller woman kissed her, like she had wanted to be kissed for a long time. Forgotten was the budding fight with the once lover who had betrayed her. She had who she wanted right there in her arms.

Behind the kissing pair, stood a tall thin woman, with tears in her eyes. Seeing the kissing pair, she knew it was hopeless. Only now, when it was too late, did she realize that Karney was the one who held her heart. But the evidence was right there for her to see. She could feel the love between the entwined women who were oblivious to everything but each other. Now all she had to do was find a way past them and pick up the shattered pieces of her heart. Finding her voice, she cleared her throat.

"I'll just be going now." She said with strength she didn't know she had.

Karney finally pulled away from Stella's embrace. "Oh, sorry Kim. This is Stella."

"I didn't know you had company..." Stella said with hurt and confusion in her voice.

"It's alright, I'll... I'll call you later Karn." The tall woman rushed past so they wouldn't see the tears in her eyes for what she now knew was totally lost.

"Did I interrupt something?" Stella asked, with her arm still around Karney.

"Only a disagreement about things in the past. Don't worry about it. So, what prompted this little visit?" She smiled. "I hope you don't plan on teasing me anymore. I don't think I could take it." She leaned in to capture Stella's lips and wasn't met with any resistance. This time it was Stella's turn to moan as Karney became the aggressor.

"Get a room!" A male voice called out from somewhere, breaking them apart again.

"Sorry, do you want to come in?" Karney refused to let Stella go, as she pulled her into the condo.

"Are you okay?" Stella asked still seeing some of the hurt and emotion on Karney's face.

"I'm much better now unless you plan on stopping me." She hugged Stella possessively.

"Stopping you from what?" Stella's mind was still in shock from her day and the kisses.

"Making love to you until you scream." Karney pulled Stella close and started ravishing her lips as her hands started pulling on her clothes.

"Oh...!" Was all Stella got out as her head spun. Her hands responded of their own accord, as she felt Karney slip her top off. They searched out her lover's breasts and tingled as the nipples hardened in her palms.

How they made it to Karney's bed they couldn't remember. Stella's mind only flashes, as clothes went flying and skin came into contact to skin. As nipples rubbed nipples and smooth legs stumbled as they tried to walk. Their lips only parted for seconds at a time, then reclaimed each other. Stella was a burning ball of desire as she fell back, taking Karney with her.

Karney didn't know where to start or stop. She felt the heat, the hard nipples, and the moist pussy; as they made their way to her bed. She wanted to take her time, but knew she couldn't. Her need for release was too great. She needed to show Stella just how much it could be. She needed Stella forever, even if forever was just this once.

Over an hour later, Stella's head finally began to clear again. She could feel her body relax after the shattering climax Karney had given her. She could smell Karney's sex on her lips and the flavor on her tongue. She was sore in places she forgot she had. Her eyes focused on the pulsing core in front of her and she just had to get that last little pearl of fluid as it slid down Karney's sculpted thigh.

Before she knew it, Karney had her clutched against her as she panted and moaned. Stella felt her tense and bite as her body shuttered again. Stella kept licking and sucking as the tart fluid slid down into her mouth and threatened to drown her. She had her hands full of Karney's tight ass as she tried to keep the pulsing pussy on her mouth.

Finally Karney had to wrench herself away from the sweet torture. She couldn't take any more. She knew Stella was inexperienced, but boy was she enthusiastic. Her core couldn't stop shuddering from the sweet assault of Stella's mouth and tongue. The strong fingers brushing up against her ass didn't help much either, but she knew Stella wasn't ready for that yet.

To be honest, she didn't think Stella was ready to go as far as she did, but her thoughts were shattered as Stella's lips found her clit again and started sucking and licking the sensitive bud.

"OH FUCK...! No more, I can't take any more." Karney fought her way out of her lover's grip and turned to face her. "Where in the hell did you learn to do that?" She gasped as she hugged Stella so her hands couldn't wander and start stroking her over stimulated body.

"Well I have been doing some research. And I can read. Why, did I do it wrong?" Stella asked unsure of herself now that she had crossed the threshold and made Karney her one and only lover.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll refine your technique as time goes on, but I can't move. I say you did fucking great." Karney smiled and pushed Stella's wet hair back and softly kissed her again. "But, if you don't watch it, I might never let you get out of this bed. Then we'd starve and be found dead entwined together. What would the neighbors' think?" She teased and smiled, letting her know she was at least only half joking.

"That there were two people in love." Stella said with it showing in her eyes. "Where do we go from here?" She leaned in and softly kissed some of the nip and bite marks she had left on Karney's skin.

"Well first, like any good workout, we go rehydrate. Then, I think we need to take separate showers, put something on, and talk." Karney smiled.

"Why separate? I could wash your hair for you." Stella smiled.

"Because if we took one together, we'd end up back in bed and we both know what that would lead up too. Not that I'm adverse to the idea, but I think we need to talk first." Karney said seriously.

"Okay... I guess." Stella was again unsure of herself. She realized that she was in love with her friend, but didn't want to face the rejection. She wanted to 'live happily ever after', but she knew the real world didn't work that way.

Karney poured some rehydrating sports drink for them as Stella showered. She knew she was conflicted. On one hand, she wanted Stella forever. Not even in her fantasies, was Stella the wildcat that she just finished with. On the other hand, she didn't know if she could ever trust anyone again after Kim's betrayal. And to have them both here in the same day was too much for her mind to take.

She knew she almost succumbed to Kim's blatant attempts to get her back in bed. Stella's teasing over the last few weeks hadn't helped. Then to have Stella show up and all but rape her in the doorway. Even after the fire of her passion had been quenched, she didn't know if she could trust her heart again, even if she wanted to.

"Your turn." The object of her desire and confusion came out, with her robe open and toweling her long hair.

Karney saw the plump nipples and almost couldn't stop herself. It wasn't the nudity, she had seen Stella nude before. It was the knowledge that Stella was displaying it just for her and that she saw the desire and love in her eyes. Karney's pussy pulsed in response to the loving it knew it could have.

"I'll be right back.... I promise." Karney said and retreated before her body took control again.

"I'll be right here." Stella smiled a naughty little smile and swatted Karney's ass as she passed. "And waiting...!"

"Oh shit, oh fuck; what the hell am I going to do with her now?" Karney asked herself, as the shower hit her skin. "She's one of them all or nothing kind of people. What if she can't accept what I can give her? Would I lose her? What about her kids? What would they say if I moved into their house and her bed? Could I live without her? Could I live with her? Fuck Karney, you've been dreaming of this for years. Either put up or shut up!" She argued with herself as she showered.

Karney walked out to a sitting Stella, who had closed her robe, not that it did anything to hide the tight pointed nipples that fit so well in her mouth. Stella looked up and knew she had to have her say first.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come over here and attack you. I just wanted to talk, but I saw you and reacted. I'm sorry if I interrupted anything with that woman, who is in love with you. I know we've teased each other and I know I've wanted to try, but I didn't want to push myself on you like I did." She was ringing her hands as she talked.

"Stella..." She sighed again as Stella tried to stammer more apologies. "STELLA...! Do you want to shut up long enough for me to talk?" She asked, trying to breakthrough to her lover. "Shit, I'm toast." She said to herself when she realized the decision was already made, if Stella would have her.

"I just wanted to... what did you say?" Stella asked not quite able to make out the soft spoken words.

"I said I love you...! Well kinda, it meant the same thing." Karney sighed. "I hope today wasn't another tease. Because I don't think I could stand...." She paused at the astonished look on Stella's face. "You have to admit we make great love together." She said stumbling to a stop.