Mid-Life in Crisis

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I love you too. I have for awhile now. I just didn't think I was gay. Then the teasing; I just wanted someone to give a shit about me. I didn't mean for it to get so complicated. Then today, you looked so hurt and sad. All I wanted to do was make you feel better." Stella said with her eyes large.

"What a fucking day." Karney sighed and sat next to Stella. "Honey, let's take this day by day. We don't have to make any big decisions right this second. If I have my way, we'll have the rest of our lives to figure it out." She reached up and ran her finger through Stella's damp hair.

"What about the other woman? You know she's in love with you. I can't.... If we are together it has to be just us. I couldn't stand... with everything, I just couldn't." Stella stammered.

"Yeah I know." She put a finger to Stella's lips. "But she's in the past, just like numb-nuts is in your past. She came over begging for forgiveness and was trying to get back together. But, I guess after our little show. I doubt we'll see much of her, unless it's in passing at some public place or something." She shrugged with the newfound indifference. She knew her future was sitting next to her getting all doe eyed with the tender stokes of her hair.

"I could get used to this." Stella said as she felt Karney's fingers softly pull through her hair. "I bet you don't know how long I've wanted to do this." She sighed and leaned closer to Karney.

"It's been two years eight months and twenty seven days for me." Karney smiled.

"You've got to be shitting me. That's like the first day we met. I thought you were in a relationship." Stella said figuring out the math.

"That doesn't mean I didn't have the hots for you as soon as I met you. Hell, you just ravished me and I still have the hots for you. No one has ever done that to me before." Karney said, feeling her nipples contract and pussy get warm at the thought of making love to Stella again.

"So, do you think it will still be this way in fifteen years when we are staring down sixty?" Stella asked, closing her eyes and softly kissing Karney's arm.

"If we make it past the next few months, then yeah." Karney said shivering at the feeling of Stella's warm lips on her body.

"Why the next few months?" Stella asked opening her eyes again, not caring that her robe was opening up again.

"Well, I won't come between you and your kids. And, we'll have to see if you can handle my lifestyle and if I can handle yours. I mean if we stayed in bed the whole time, that would be one thing. But let's be completely honest with each other. Life has a way of kicking you in the ass when you least expect it." She saw Stella's breast slowly come into view as the robe parted and her breath caught.

"Well, Amy knows. She saw us kissing that night. She's all for it." Stella smiled at the desire her body was causing in her lover. She saw the flared nostrils and the smoke in Karney's eyes as the cool air cause her nipples to harden as they became exposed to Karney's view.

"You need to cover up or we'll be making love right here." Karney said, not understanding what Stella had just said.

"And that would be a bad thing?" Stella asked as she slowly grabbed the lapel of the robe but then opened it father instead of closing it. "You know you are only the second person I've ever made love to." She let it slip off her body and leaned into her lover's embrace.

"Oh damn, you would have to say that." Karney breathed as her hands started rubbing up and over all of her lover's contours. "I've waited so long for this." She said but stopped as Stella captured her nipple and started suckling.

Gone was the heated rush. Over the next hour, they took their time to gain the intimate knowledge of their lover. There were no shattering climaxes, but slow soft cums with soft fingers and tongues. Gentle nips and long kisses as they fitted their bodies together like perfect puzzle pieces. The only sounds were soft sighs and "I Love You" declarations.

Sometime later, Karney realized they had dozed off. As her eyes opened, she smiled as she looked down at Stella, safely snuggled in her arms as they lay spooned together on the comfy overstuffed couch.

"Oh God; how I could get used to this." She breathed, not wanting to wake her lover.

"Then after this few month thing you were talking about, move in with me and you could wake up to this every day." Stella smiled not wanting Karney to move. "Do you know you purr and mummer in your sleep?" She snuggled in deeper, grabbing Karney's arm and wrapping it around her until Karney had one of her breasts cupped in her hand.

Neither one wanted to move when Stella's cell phone rang. "Let it go to voice mail." Karney said and nuzzled Stella's hair.

"It might be the kids. Don't move." Stella said as she went to get her purse, which had been dropped next to the door. Seconds later, she sat back down and leaned against her lover as she answered. "Hello...."

"Mom, can you come get me? I mean I know you're at Karney's and everything, but... I need you." She was crying.

"Where are you? We'll be right there."

"At Melisa's house...." Amy said as Stella jumped up and started looking for her discarded clothing.

"Give me twenty minutes and we'll be there." Stella said as she motioned for Karney to get moving.

"Are you sure? This sounds like a family thing." Karney said grabbing one of her workout cover ups and putting it on.

"If you want to be part of the family.... Besides she might tell you things she wouldn't tell me. I'm just her mom." Stella said trying to hook her bra and button her top at the same time.

"Okay, if you're sure...." Karney said and helped her lover get dressed. Fifteen minutes later, they were met by an upset Amy as they pulled in front of Melisa's house.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Stella asked concerned.

"Just take me home... I need to get out of here." Amy tossed her stuff in the back seat and climbed in.

"Are you hurt Amy?" Karney asked looking for bruises.

"Not physically..." Amy sniffed. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to interrupt your alone time with mom, but I couldn't stay there for another second. Melisa's mom insisted I call, or I'd just walked home."

"What happened? Do I need to talk to the mom?" Stella asked as she put the car in gear and started to the house.

"NO! Please don't." Amy pleaded. "I'll be alright. Just a lesson learned. I'll deal with it at school next week. I didn't interrupt anything did I?" Amy asked the two women.

Stella blushed. "What would you be interrupting?"

"Um, you guys boinking your brains out. You know, doing whatever to women lovers do...." Amy was about to say something but caught the shake of Karney's head.

"Nope, no boinking... we were on the couch relaxing when you called." Karney laughed at the description. "I take it you wouldn't mind if we became lovers?" She asked, watching Stella blush even more.

"Well yeah, you love her and she loves you. What's the issue? It isn't like mom would go running around. I think dad ruined her for any other guy and she's too young to be all alone. So, why not? I know and like you, you love my mom and I know she's in love with you. I'm cool with it." Amy said and shrugged.

"What would your friends say?" Karney asked knowing Stella was flabbergasted by the conversation.

"If they don't like it, then fuck'em!" Amy said bitterly.

"Amy, do I have to wash out your mouth with soap?" Stella snapped. Karney put her hand on Stella's arm.

"So, is this what the fight was about? Did you let it slip that your mom and I might be...?" Karney asked Amy carefully.

"Well kind of. And then the prissy bitch had the nerve to tell her brother and he and his friends started say stuff and Melisa didn't do shit. It isn't like we haven't.... well you know. We haven't had sex or anything, but still she kisses me every chance she gets. It's not like I'm chasing her. This damn sleepover was her idea. She got all giggly about sharing her bed with me. Then for her to stand there and laugh with her stupid brother and his friends. I hope I never see that bitch again!" Amy said as she started crying again.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but, that's kind of going to be hard with you sharing so many classes. It might even be too late to change your schedule." Stella said.

"No mom.... Don't do that. I don't want the whole school to know. I'll deal, I'm just upset. I thought that... well that she liked me and everything. Not that she would go along with her bigoted brother. I was just looking for something like you and Karney have. You know best friend until we could become lovers when we were old enough. I mean Karney has been waiting for like years to be with you. I just never expected...."

"What makes you think that?" This time it was Karney's turn to blush.

"I'm young, not stupid. I have eyes. And, I know for a fact that mom never cheated on my father. I saw it the first time you came to the house. The way you looked at her when you thought no one was around, but you settled for being friends. Then everything with the divorce. It would've killed you if mom started dating someone else. Mom's been moping around unless she's with you." Amy leaned forward, making her points.

"And if I asked Karney to move in with me?" Stella asked hoping to put a stop to her daughter by shocking her.

"That would be so cool. You'd have to explain it to the boys, slowly and repeatedly, but they love Karney as much as I do. She'd have to deal with Ryan's crush and Brian's wandering eyes. But they're just boys and can't help it. It would be better if Ryan finally got off his ass and asked out Linda Markson. They've had the hots for each other for like ever, but both are too chicken shit to do anything about it."

"And how do you see that working out, little miss matchmaker?" Stella asked surprised.

"Well if they get over their fear that the other would cheat, they could make it. Let's face it. They both had parents who didn't know what the word commitment meant. So, both are gun shy. Ryan acts all open-minded and liberated, but he holds the same ideals as you, mom. Brian, on the other hand, will date a lot before he decides to settle down. I don't see him married unless he becomes a father or after he's like thirty."

"And what about you?" Karney asked.

"Me, right now I can't stand boys. They are rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. The thought of one even touching me, let alone trying to get into my goodies, make me want to puke. I've always liked girls more. How it will all shake out, I have no idea. I figure that I'll have to go the artificial insemination route to have kids, but only if I'm in a stable relationship. I figured it's better to get all that crap out of the way before the hormone dump in the next couple of years and I end up doing something stupid." Amy said confidently.

"We're home. Don't bug your brothers. They are having a game night with their friends. You coming in Karney?" Stella said as she turned off the car.

"Unless you're ready to take me home, I guess I'm stuck here." Karney smiled. "But there are worse placed to be stuck." She said as she started getting out of the car.

Amy noticed that Karney wasn't wearing a bra, and her mom's shirt wasn't buttoned right. Her sharp eyes also noticed that the tag of her panties, which was showing over her skirt, was inside out.

"Well I'm off to my room." She said blushing, realizing that she did interrupt their lovemaking in some way. No girl went with her clothes askew unless there was a major hurry.

"What's her problem now?" Stella asked confused.

"I think she noticed your shirt and panties. I think she know we've made love and she thinks she interrupted." Karney said noticing the buttons herself. "You need to go change or straighten your clothes." She smiled as they walked in.

They heard the boys laughing and being boys as they passed the living room. "Whoa shit... who's that? They are hot!" One of the boys asked.

"Watch your mouth Id. That's my mom and her girlfriend." Brian said and punched the offending teenager in the shoulder. Stella and Karney just smiled and walked past to Stella's room. Once inside, Stella closed the door and hugged Karney.

"What a day." She said and snuggled the firm but pliant breast that were at a perfect height to lean on.

"No shit." Karney smiled and sighed as Stella nuzzled her breasts.

Stella broke away and found a comfortable short outfit to change into. She didn't feel self conscious as she changed in front of her lover. It actually felt nice to know Karney watched with reverence, every move she made. She stretched out on her bed and motioned for Karney to come to her.

Hesitantly, Karney sat down on the far side of the bed. Stella reached out and grabber her hand then pulled her down. "They know how to knock and I was doing something pleasant when we were interrupted." Stella pulled Karney to her and then turned towards the door and started snuggling again. She even grabbed her hand and pulled it until Karney had her breast cupped into it again.

"There, that's about right." Stella sighed and scooted back until they were spooned again. "Our bed has more room than that couch." She said as she started to doze.

"Our bed?" Karney asked as a jolt of electricity went through her.

"Well yeah, you help pick it out, and you're the only one who'll be sleeping in it other than me. So, that makes it ours." Stella sighed. "I know, I know. We have to get through the next few months of dating and bullshit. But, as far as I'm concerned, you could move in whenever you're ready." Stella said as she snuggled. "Maybe even one day we could get married, once the world pulls its head out of its ass."

"Married...?" Karney asked with a squeak.

"Well yeah; if you'd have me, if not, please let me know. I love you and only you. I'm not in the market for anyone else. I kind of figured that out on the way to your house. Everything since has just reaffirmed it."

"Did you just propose to ME?" Karney asked gripping Stella breast in response.

"No dear, I'm just letting you know how I feel. I know you aren't ready for that yet. If you keep that up, you'll need to go lock the door, because I'm not moving." She reached back and grabbed a hand full of Karney's ass and squeezed.

"Don't you think we're moving a bit fast? I mean we just made love for the first time today. What if you decide that you can't live with me, or that you can't handle people calling you gay and lesbian and the other ever so inventive things they come up with?" Karney asked trying to ignore the feelings as Stella massaged her ass.

"Let me see. We've known each other for over two years. Almost blew it before my divorce because we couldn't keep our hands to ourselves, but survived that. We've been dating for months now and finally made love. I know I love you and that won't change because some small minded idiot can't accept us being lovers. You've been cheated on, just like I have, and we both can't stand cheaters. Other than that, as long as we're honest with each other, I don't see a problem. The only reason we won't be together is if you don't love me, but then again you already declared that you do. Have I missed anything?" Stella asked finally at peace with her life.

"What about the kids?" Karney moaned as Stella's hand traced up and down her crack, almost brushing her warming core and tightening bum.

"Well, we know Amy is all for it and only time will tell about the boys. But, I have faith in them." Stella answered just as there was a knock at the door.

Karney jumped and moved her hand from cupping Stella's breast and nipple. Stella grabbed it and pulled it back around her middle as she called out. "Come in, we're decent."

"Hey mom...." Ryan started saying as his eye bugged out at seeing him mom and Karney in their intimate embrace. "I uuuhhh, ummm...."

"Mom, we sent the guests home until they can open up a can of act right." Brian said as his brother stammered like an idiot and he tried not to look at his mom and Karney laying in his mom's bed. "We'll clean up later, if that's alright with you?"

"Just remember that if I find any set in stains, you'll only have two chances in ever having a party here again. To make it plain, those chances will be, slim and none." Stella said as she rested her head on Karney's arm and one of her pillows. "We might sleep in tomorrow so keep it down. Your sister had a bad night, so no fights. Is that clear?" Stella asked her sons like there was nothing new or exciting going on in the middle of her bed.

"Okay mom," Brian sighed. "Well make sure the most of it is clean tonight, but do the rest in the morning. Okay?"

"Fine, I'll check it after I take Karney home." Stella waved her sons out.

Brian shoved his brother, who still had his chin on the floor, out the door. "Okay, thanks for letting us have our friends over." Brian shoved Ryan again to get him moving.

"Did you see..?" Ryan finally said loudly. "Do you think...?" He stuttered trying to processes what he saw.

"Dude, you're being a dork-fish... want some corndogs? It's not like they haven't been dating since the divorce was final. Grow up!" Brian rolled his eyes and gave him a head slap.

"But, but, but that's my mom and Karney... and there in bed together and did you see where mom's hand was?" Ryan stuttered inanely

"No, because I wasn't gawking at them like an idiot...." Brian said in disgust at his brother as they walked down the hall.

"Close my door please." Stella called out and smiled as Ryan came back, looked real quick and shut the door solidly.

"You did that on purpose. They must think I'm some kind of slut." Karney said with restrained mirth.

"No, I didn't, but if it works to my advantage, I'll take it. At least now they won't be surprised if they walk in and see you in our bed." Stella turned around. "And now you don't have an excuse to try and get out of staying the night. You can call it our first big test of the compatibility shit you need to get out of the way before I convince you to move in full time." She leaned up and softly started kissing Karney's neck.

"Oh god... that feels nice, but what if they come back?" Karney asked as she started slipping into her lover's arms.

"Then you better go lock the door before we get started. Trust me sweetheart, I plan on making sure you sleep in late tomorrow." Stella nipped the tight nipple in front of her and sucked in cold air, making Karney shiver.

"How the hell did you go from an unhappily married straight woman, to a confident lesbian lover who intends to marry me?" Karney asked with awe in her voice.

"I don't think of myself as a Lesbian." Stella shrugged. "I just think of myself as your lover. I mean I don't look at other women and think; 'I'd like to fuck her.' But I do look at you and think; 'God, I can't wait to make love to her again.'" Stella put her hands under Karney's top and started stroking her nipples. "I love you and I want to be with you. So, to me, that means marriage and commitment. For better and for worse; until death do we part." She almost had Karney's top off.

"Oh, shit that feels so good. Are you sure?" Karney wanted to share so much, but was still frightened at how fast things had changed.

"Yes; now are you going to lock the door so I can find out why you wiggle and moan when I start playing with your ass?" Stella latched onto one of Karney's nipples and reached around and filled her hands with Karney's tight buns, making her gasp in pleasure.

Epilogue; Six Months Later:

"You don't have to sell it hon. Just rent it out. But don't think you can use it for a safe place to run to. This is all or nothing Karney." Stella looked at her lover's face with a smile. "You knew I was an all or nothing kind of girl, before we made love the first time. I'm not going anywhere." They stood there inside the door listening to their echo in the empty space.